Is my work colleague mentally ill?

Volume

Hi everyone,

I have started a role I really enjoy in the field that I master well wish is Marketing. My colleague has been there for over a year and seems quite scattered. I find he lacks ideas and copies a lot of mine. He also mimics my phrases to others as his own. He also will do whatever I am doing to the point of wanting to share all my contacts and briefs.

Is he unwell as he openly spoke to me about being able to speak in tongues and exposed to me his wife had been molested as a child. Just weeks into my role.

Kind regards,
Volume.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_ia_my_work_colleague_mentally_ill_hr.25301.30327.jpg
    astro_2gw_ia_my_work_colleague_mentally_ill_hr.25301.30327.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 27

tikana

that is a violation of a privacy because A. it is none of your business b. it is not directly affecting you .. so he is mimicing and copying your stufff. go to the HR address an issue ..

Volume

Tikana,
This is affecting me which is why I have brought up the subject. Just in future, approach your words with kindness rather than taking the subject matter personally.
Kind regards,
Volume

tikana

Tikana,
This is affecting me which is why I have brought up the subject. Just in future, approach your words with kindness rather than taking the subject matter personally.
Kind regards,
Volume

No it is NOT your business if he is mentally ill or not.
"approach your words with kindness " ?? are YOU JOKING me? you are snooping around another person's health issue, how would you feel if someone was asking did Volume take meds today or when will Volume go to the doctor?

try violation of privacy!

blackbery

It does sound as if he has 'major issues' but with Saturn on the cusp of 7th I hesitate to try to answer. I mean, who tells a perfect stranger about his wife being molested.:crying:

If it were me, I would IMMED speak to a supervisor/manager & let them know what is going on. Don't be shy about it because he may cause you major problems later on & you want to have an official record. WRITE everything down he says & does. I would feel VERY uncomfortable working with the man you describe.

Good Luck & don't let him push you out of a job you like.🏵️🏵️🏵️

Hi everyone,

I have started a role I really enjoy in the field that I master well wish is Marketing. My colleague has been there for over a year and seems quite scattered. I find he lacks ideas and copies a lot of mine. He also mimics my phrases to others as his own. He also will do whatever I am doing to the point of wanting to share all my contacts and briefs.

Is he unwell as he openly spoke to me about being able to speak in tongues and exposed to me his wife had been molested as a child. Just weeks into my role.

Kind regards,
Volume.

waybread

Volume, with respect, very few people who read horary charts here have any mental health professional qualifications. It's not clear to me what a yes or no answer would look like. Then even if one of us said, "Your co-worker is mentally ill," what could you possibly do with that information? Take it to your supervisor?

My guess is that no, he's not mentally ill. He's symbolized by Saturn, which is domiciled.

Probably he's simply being annoying. He seems terribly insecure, from what you've said. You know the saying, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Maybe have a chat with him?