Rev Dr Reuben Swinburne Clymer

Opal

Premium Member
Okay, the last paragraph on page 152, is very lovely.

“Ovid, the poet, caught the spirit of all this in a stanza of his poem:

The god sits high, exalted on his throne
Of blazing gems, with purple garments on;
The hours, in order rang’d on either hand,
And days, and months, and years, and ages stand;
Here Spring appears, with flow’ry chaplets bound;
Here Summer, in her wheaten garlands crown’d;
Here Autumn the rich trodden grapes besmear;
And hoary Winter shivers in the rear.”

Such a fitting way to end the chapter. We really aren’t that advanced, are we.

We see structures that have been constructed, in the far past, and in our ignorance we cannot dare, to think far enough back, in the ages, to mankind being more advanced than we are now. Such arrogance we show the Gods.

Structures worldwide, show architecture that we can not achieve.

Opal

Premium Member
The control of the masses. It is said, that 1% of the population holds half of the wealth of the masses.

"half of the world's net wealth belongs to the top 1%, top 10% of adults hold 85%, while the bottom 90% hold the remaining 15% of the world's total wealth, top 30% of adults hold 97% of the total wealth."

On Page 163, Clymer writes

"There likewise we may see the whole menagerie of wild beasts and fowls, dragons and creeping things that the various religionists used as a part of their system to frighten mankind, who, admittedly could be affected in no other way, but also at the same time, furnished bigots with sufficient material to hold their followers in bondage, both material and spiritual, from the earliest days down to the present time."

Hmmmmm. Nothing changes. Whatever the population, it would seem, there are the 1%, and there are their minions, and there are the majority, of people that would like to see themselves, or call themselves free, and feel that they have free will, and yet, in truth, we are the masses.

In the last 6 months, I have been told by countless people, to "stay home and do as I am told", by my government. Ho hum. Unfortunately, it is not what my government is saying, my government is telling me, I am an essential service, and that I should go to work. And if I try to point out that that is what I am being told, they anger, and I have even been called a murderer, for going to work and doing as I am told.

The masses. They are not free thinkers.

Opal

Premium Member
ah, haha.

Page 176

"If these mighty ancient people were under the wrath of God, if God was angry with their manner of worship, why did He permit, aye, direct Moses to study and be trained by them and perpetuate their teachings, for is it not in the Biblically written:

"And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptian; and he was mighty in his words and deeds."---Acts 7:22

Also, why was Joseph ordered by God to take the child Nazarene into Egypt for safety, education and training?"

Ah, yeah. Why would He do that? Let's take him to the savages, and give him a higher education. And what was taught? And why?

Astronomy/Astrology and Agriculture.

"It was indispensable to learn the course of the sun who, in his zodiacal revolution, proved himself the first and supreme force of the entire creation of cause and effect, and, for that matter, without whom spiritual forces could not manifest."

Okay. If the sun refuse to shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE04xWTqMjg

Oops, couldn't help myself!:whistling:

"the form-al religious system for the mass; those who, as the Nazerene so truly stated, could not understand the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, or God."

And yes, he goes on to relate the many fables and myths of the same repeatedly, using the same symbolisms, and the same stories, but only the names change, to adapt themselves to the time and the place, that they were now required to be told. :happy:

Warm and fuzzy? :smile:

Opal

Premium Member
One more tonight. Page 179.

“And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord, and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name God Almighty; but by the name Jehovah was I not known to them.” —-Exodus 6: 2-3”

“If we substitute the word Baal Tsaddi for God Almighty in this quotation, we will have the authentic literal statement. According to God’s own words, these exemplary patriarchs knew Godonly by a Chaldean, hence “pagan” appellation.”

And

“whether he worships in the name of Osiris, Baal, Adonis, On or Chemosh, all of which appear in the Bible as names of g thy he true God, as does the name of El (the sun), under the forms of Eloi and Eloim, or Aloim;”

God name, it changes and adapts to what mankind requires it to be. Through the ages of time, the changes of language, and rulers, his name becomes what we or the age at hand needs.

Counting time. Number 9. Number 9. Number 9.

petosiris

Banned
ah, haha.

Page 176

"If these mighty ancient people were under the wrath of God, if God was angry with their manner of worship, why did He permit, aye, direct Moses to study and be trained by them and perpetuate their teachings, for is it not in the Biblically written:

"And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptian; and he was mighty in his words and deeds."---Acts 7:22

Also, why was Joseph ordered by God to take the child Nazarene into Egypt for safety, education and training?"

Ah, yeah. Why would He do that? Let's take him to the savages, and give him a higher education. And what was taught? And why?

Astronomy/Astrology and Agriculture.

"It was indispensable to learn the course of the sun who, in his zodiacal revolution, proved himself the first and supreme force of the entire creation of cause and effect, and, for that matter, without whom spiritual forces could not manifest."

Okay. If the sun refuse to shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE04xWTqMjg

Oops, couldn't help myself!:whistling:

"the form-al religious system for the mass; those who, as the Nazerene so truly stated, could not understand the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, or God."

And yes, he goes on to relate the many fables and myths of the same repeatedly, using the same symbolisms, and the same stories, but only the names change, to adapt themselves to the time and the place, that they were now required to be told. :happy:

Warm and fuzzy? :smile:

Opal, Jesus was still an infant when he returned from Egypt to Nazareth. The only reason he was taken to Egypt is to not be killed by Herod (who died in the same year) and to fulfill what was spoken by the prophets - Matthew 2:13-23. Fuzzy indeed.

petosiris

Banned
Jesus was a craftsman - Mark 6:3 (not necessarily a carpenter). He probably knew a thing or two from the beginning, being the artisan or demiurge of the world - Proverbs 8:30, Col. 1:16. His Father supplied him with the necessary materials, that is power to create. It is probably not coincidental, that when he became man, he was born of Mary the wife of Joseph, son of David, a craftsman - Matthew 13:55.

Opal

Premium Member
Jesus was a craftsman - Mark 6:3 (not necessarily a carpenter). He probably knew a thing or two from the beginning, being the artisan or demiurge of the world - Proverbs 8:30, Col. 1:16. His Father supplied him with the necessary materials, that is power to create. It is probably not coincidental, that when he became man, he was born of Mary the wife of Joseph, son of David, a craftsman - Matthew 13:55.

What did he build? When did the scholar have time to do manual labour while he did his learning?

His structures, should be magnificent. Where are they?

If he was a carpenter, making structures, or baubles, we would be flaunting them as religious artifacts, and selling them on ebay.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Page 192

"The history of creation, as recorded in the first and second chapter of Genesis, is really a contradictory record of the traditions current in the time of Moses, who was educated in the history, dogmas and Mysteries of Egypt as well as in the lore of the Jews.

Moses assumed a written form composed of a combination of symbolism, legends, traditions. Above all, his writings were largely based on WHAT THE LEADERS OF THE HEBREWS WANTED THEIR PEOPLE TO BELIEVE."

The capital fontings, are in the book.

Today, we are, subjected to what has been termed as "false news". Is it such a stretch of the imagination, to presume that "false news" has always been a part of mankind's history.

Story telling has always been a method for remembering things that people want to be remembered or known. If you try to read a book that is a dry read, like "how to use an ephemeris to cast a chart" you may not make it far. But if it is put in the form of a story, we find it easier to remember, and learn.

Opal

Premium Member
Page 193

“....Let us create man in our image.” Genesis 2: 26

Eloi or Eloim. One singular, one plural. God or Gods.

As with the Secret book of John on the creation of Adam, Clymer discusses erroneous changes made in the Bible, to change it to a mono-god. He points out that in Genesis 1: 1 as in the book above it was changed from the root word, plural to a singular god. It should have been interpreted

“In the beginning the GODS created the heaven and the earth.”

I too would enjoy reading whatever Clymer was reading. Wonder if he knew Allegro?

petosiris

Banned
What did he build? When did the scholar have time to do manual labour while he did his learning?

His structures, should be magnificent. Where are they?

If he was a carpenter, making structures, or baubles, we would be flaunting them as religious artifacts, and selling them on ebay.

The heavens and the earth, and all that are in them. The house of wisdom is made of seven pillars - Prov. 9:1, which are the seven spirits of God - Isaiah 11:2. I would say this is his most magnificent creation, followed by angels and men.

The vast majority of structures were constructed with stone in Israel, because wood was and is scarce in that region. I don't think we know of anything like that constructed by Jesus, although you are right that tourism would make a lot of money from that like it makes from excavated 1st c. Nazareth and Peter's house in Capernaum for example.

As a man, he raised a destroyed temple in three days, more glorious than before. Where do you think it is now?

Opal

Premium Member
Page 194

“We must never forget that there were other than Hebrew versions of Bible”

To ignore the past writings is blasphemous. To change and destroy and shroud the truth, shows how controlling the people of power are, and how easily the masses are to control and fool.

petosiris

Banned
No, I don't. Regardless, the thread is not about that.

Really? I am discussing the claim made by Clymer that Genesis 1:1 in Hebrew should read that in the beginning the Gods created the heavens and the earth.

It should have been interpreted

“In the beginning the GODS created the heaven and the earth.”

Do you and Clymer know Hebrew? Here is my source for the form of the verb - https://biblehub.com/text/genesis/1-1.htm

It says 3rd person masculine singular.

petosiris

Banned
Page 194

“We must never forget that there were other than Hebrew versions of Bible”

I don't understand what is meant here. The OT has a few verses and a sizeable portion of Ezra and Daniel in Aramaic. The NT is written entirely in Greek. The Septuagint OT and the English Bibles are translations of these texts, not inspired versions.

If there were other versions of the Bible, show me evidence of them.

From an ardent occultist this probably means to obfuscate the scriptures that have been received by all Christians by the will of our Father.

To ignore the past writings is blasphemous..

At some point I go blah, blah, blah and close it.

Opal

Premium Member
Page 207

"Man should come to the realization that all that is manifest to our senses is the outward "body" of God, and that all not so manifested is the spirit of God.

As a result of this realization, man can be filled with love, devotion and reverence for the mightiness of creation. This will bring about a glimpse of the truth and the real mystery "and the gods created man in their own image;" so truly must the animal kingdom be the animal body of God, and the plant kingdom the plant body of God; for, WERE NOT ALL THINGS CREATED BY GOD, OR THE GODS? If not, then by whom were these things created?"

What I get from this passage, is that none, are supreme. Mankind, animals, and vegetation, are equal in said "God's" eyes. They were created by God, and mankind, is the beast that needs to seek, or demand dominance over the others. If we were to show the respect of said "God's" work, the food, would not be poisoned with the chemicals that man drenches on it. The air would not be thick with the industrial disease that mankind has created. The animals of the land and the sea's would not be dying from the aftermath of the ever so superior mankind.

Man seeks superiority over each other, and all other living things. What a bad example we have set for the rest of said "God's" creatures.