Progressed Venus Conjunct Sun

byjove

Account Closed
Hello all,

I just searched for this and I did not find it. Lots of Sun to Venus, however.

OK, I see I have this one approaching the 1 degree orb. I knew it was coming a few years ago, but low and behold it's here.

So, progressions are the "slower-moving" hands in the clock, the rarer events in life. Progressed Venus highlights the Venus-related aspects of life, and I've read that it's often love, marriage or a child. The connection to the Sun, may have particular connoations for the house ruled by the Sun, but I find most astrologers taking a "broader view" on this one, and this one always comes back to love.

I note that a few aspects are combining within the year and very soon after...

• PR Venus conjunct Sun will at the same time trine my natal Saturn, ruler of the 7.
  • In my solar return year, Venus is conjunct Neptune
  • In transits, TR Pluto is sextile Venus (March, April)
  • TR Saturn is now in the same sign as birth, within about 2 years it will make it's return and trine the natal Sun

In context, I'm un-married, not dating anyone but did have powerful love experience in 2014, which I don't expect to return. I feel like this is a great time in my life for love and marriage, all else is going very well. Natal Venus is in the 9th of foreign places and people. I've dated more foreigers than domestics in my life, and I adore difference and the exotic. As it happens, I'm living abroad again. I wonder are dominos lining up.

Has anyone had it, seen it or would like to talk about it?

Attachments

• Progressed Venus Conjunct Natal Sun.gif
    Progressed Venus Conjunct Natal Sun.gif
    102.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

jkxx74

Premium Member
Looks like in 2014 you had the progressed Moon oppose your natal Venus, which would be a major influence for a personal relationship coming into your life and was probably what triggered the relationship from last year.

I have not seen much on Sun-p Venus conjunctions either and I'm still trying to figure out if they have to form an aspect to the progressed Moon to be triggered or if the planets themselves are likely to manifest like the Moon-Venus aspects.

ALRESCHA

I have this and other happy love progressions and transits, but nothing happened. Tr Saturn is too close to the conjunction.

I've met someone I like, but it can't happen.

Has the situation changed for you in the meantime, guys?

byjove

Account Closed
Of course it's a progression, so it moves slowly and takes time. Venus is still approaching, less than a degree or so.

Well...stuff is happening. My love life is busy. There are real contenders. And I do get many compliments. I'm growing.

lazarusx

Anyone else had/seen this?

This is one of those 'important years' for romance, right?

Perhaps. If i look at my own experience i would agree.

I had the opposite progression (P Sun conjunct N Venus) begin around 2012; that year changed my entire life with respect to women, romance and love.

I was travelling abroad and met a foreigner who was the first person i felt love for, it was very intense.. and romantic in the cliche sense (Dinners on the side of cobblestone streets, drinking wine in the park, making out in the rain etc..)

I returned home in 2013 but my infatuation for her persisted and i went back overseas six months later to meet her again. We spent some time together but it was clear she was more realistic about the situation then I with regards to an international relationship and distanced herself.

In retrospect I should note my P Sun at this conjunction also squares N Pluto, so on some level i would say the intensity of heartbreak i experienced was the culmination of an intense infatuation(Pluto) that was either confused or eased by a sense of love.(Venus)

2013-2014 - This saw the progression come into an exact conjunction and 1 degree apart. I continued to live abroad for this time and had many foreign partners and flings (Sagittarius is in my 7th house).

The last woman i was with I was actually living with her and although the intensity was not on the same level as 2012 it was a very 'stable/practical' relationship.. dinner, movies, met her family (her parents didn't speak English) shopping together and hanging out with her friends.

I'm now on the tail end of the progression; if i could take away anything from the experience it would be that you know what you want and who you want, and that confidence resonates outwards as charm and magnetism.

Last edited:

junoisuppose

Hi,
My friend had progressed venus conjunct natal sun and he started a relationship at that point which lasted several years.
As the sun is in the 10th it could mean meeting someone through work, it could also be money, as in a pay rise, as leo rules your 2nd house, or possibly "love" from the public.
I recommend looking at where transiting sun and venus are in relation to your natal chart on the day that the progression becomes exact, and what other planets they are aspecting that day & which areas of your chart those planets rule to have a better idea of how this transit may play out. (This is a controversial technique and one I have received stick for on here before, but it has worked for me, and both Liz Greene & Celeste Teal look at transits to progressions).

byjove

Account Closed
lazarusx,

What a read! I really enjoyed that and thank you for updating!

Wow!

I've natal Venus in the 9th of Pisces trine Pluto, the 5th ruler in the 5th. I got that! Foreign loves, passion to the max! You bet! And what you wrote, so romantic! Cliché or not! Wow!

I'm a little sad to see you talk about Pluto making it just an intense infatuation. I'm not so convinced. If PR Sun conjunct natal Venus was active, it certainly was a time for things to happen, beyond the ordinary.

Don't talk to me about the relationships that follow. :( I always say, dating someone else after dating one of these 'Pluto' encounters is like having to eat crackers or bread after eating strawberries. Yuck!

"I'm now on the tail end of the progression; if i could take away anything from the experience it would be that you know what you want and who you want, and that confidence resonates outwards as charm and magnetism. "

Yes, I agree...

Erulastiel14

Back in 2009-2011 I had the reverse of this the progressed Sun conjunct Venus. My thought is conjunctions can go either way. I definitely got a lot of male attention during this time. I had transits indicating I'd be dating, which I was but I never met anyone I liked and a year after this progression ended, I'd given up on dating and was focusing on finishing grad school. Jupiter was creating a lot of opportunities in my chart for meeting people but Saturn wasn't exactly helpful, or present here. And Uranus was trining my Sun but I'm a 12th house Sun lol.

In 2016 my progressed Venus will sextile my Sun and I'm more hopeful/excited about that for my love life. I've got other transits/progressions indicating I'll fall in love, and actually have a child. It's also showing up in my SR.

lazarusx

I've natal Venus in the 9th of Pisces trine Pluto, the 5th ruler in the 5th. I got that! Foreign loves, passion to the max! You bet! And what you wrote, so romantic! Cliché or not! Wow!

Yeah, i'm certain that if i ever do get married it will be to a foreigner. Like yourself the differences are extremely stimulating for me, Jupiter(Ruler of my 7th house) conjuncts Mercury and Moon in my 1st.. so my mind and emotions are turned on and open when i come into contact with that exotic nature.

I'm a little sad to see you talk about Pluto making it just an intense infatuation. I'm not so convinced. If PR Sun conjunct natal Venus was active, it certainly was a time for things to happen, beyond the ordinary.

Well I think it's in-part a defence mechanism to rationalize the experience as something less then what it was, I am open to this possibility.

The heartbreak i experienced ripped me apart because i allowed myself to become absolutely consumed in that experience of love.. I never understood what they meant when they said 'falling' in love, but you really do feel like your falling into union with another which is so all consuming that the only recourse for self-preservation is to rationalize the feeling. On a deeper level i do believe it was genuine, but a part of me is resistant because i also remember the pain that ensued.

I call it infatuation from a point of self-preservation, but to be honest of the women before and after her.. none have captured my soul in the way she did. And i still think of her years on..

So perhaps that was the climax of the Progressed Sun conjunct Venus for me, and with the Pluto aspect it intensified and amplified the romance.

Don't talk to me about the relationships that follow. :( I always say, dating someone else after dating one of these 'Pluto' encounters is like having to eat crackers or bread after eating strawberries. Yuck!

Amen to that.

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

Back in 2009-2011 I had the reverse of this the progressed Sun conjunct Venus. My thought is conjunctions can go either way. I definitely got a lot of male attention during this time. I had transits indicating I'd be dating, which I was but I never met anyone I liked and a year after this progression ended, I'd given up on dating and was focusing on finishing grad school. Jupiter was creating a lot of opportunities in my chart for meeting people but Saturn wasn't exactly helpful, or present here. And Uranus was trining my Sun but I'm a 12th house Sun lol.

In 2016 my progressed Venus will sextile my Sun and I'm more hopeful/excited about that for my love life. I've got other transits/progressions indicating I'll fall in love, and actually have a child. It's also showing up in my SR.

I have summed my impressions of the conjunction up. I can relate to this in a way.

All my connections for this progression are karmic, the Sun rules my 12th and Saturn was/is very close to the conjunction. The nodes, vertexes and their planets all involved and/or packed in my 12th. The progression is happening in my third.

I always got the same amount of attention, but I was surprised to have my old time buddies begin hitting on me as well during the progression. The men I tried dating either wanted me to promise right away that I'd never leave, or they had a long affair they didn't want to end.

But the hurtful part happened when I met a guy whom I totally hit it off with, but, deep down he is a sucker for this chick who is much younger than me and him, has been in a serious relationship for a few years and lives 3 hrs away from here. But they keep in touch regularly. And every time he meets someone new, she reminds him that once she's happy with the amount of men she's dated, she'll come stay with him. That ended with him showing her my messages to brag about me liking him... That was the hurtful part. It's like it was about ruining my reputation and I am somewhat worried about that pattern now, I got suspicious.

My loving life-long bf now ex fr a while got depressed after the police confiscated all his paintings because he refused to pay the taxes and isolated himself to do yoga, so we only met about 5 times during this year.

I couldn't control being worried about my new job, so I stayed at home a lot, so I didn't exactly help boost the conjunction.

Last edited: