Arthritis

Frisiangal

Saturn.

It could be held responsible for many physical complaints because it signifies the limits of endurance of the physical body. Astrologically applied in harsh aspect, this can be associated with the 'this far and no further' regarding the hardship effect of circumstances, thoughts, feelings, and spirit upon an individual. :sad:

Sweet Pea

If it's rheumatoid arthritis, then an afflicted or over-intense Mars as that is the immune system going into overdrive. My sister has had this from age 25 or so, and Mars square Pluto in her chart.

3eyedraven

Thanks both Frisiangal and Sweet Pea for commenting. I think Sweet Pea is more correct because I saw a necklace made of copper on ebay that can treat Arthritis. Copper is the metal that is used to treat bad mars in Vedic Astrology. Sometimes Saturn also can be a reason because it's easily incurable.

Frisiangal

Thanks both Frisiangal and Sweet Pea for commenting. I think Sweet Pea is more correct because I saw a necklace made of copper on ebay that can treat Arthritis. Copper is the metal that is used to treat bad mars in Vedic Astrology. Sometimes Saturn also can be a reason because it's easily incurable.

As you will.:wink:
Mars will certainly set up the inflammation that goes with some forms of arthritic complaints. Yet if it becomes chronic of nature, I'd still be inclined tolook for a Saturn of Capricorn influence.

Copper is the metal attached to Venus of Taurus. I can therefore uinderstand why it would be associated with treating a bad Mars; i.e,. Venus and Mars are natural opposites of nature.

When I was younger and l-o-n-g before I found astrology, I had one of those wooden wall trellises popular at the time. I collected copper ornaments after having recived one for a birthday gift. Must have 20 still stored somewhere.
I have Sun and Venus in Taurus.:smile:

aquarius7000

If it's rheumatoid arthritis, then an afflicted or over-intense Mars as that is the immune system going into overdrive. My sister has had this from age 25 or so, and Mars square Pluto in her chart.
Hi,

I think it takes more than mere Mars square Pluto in the chart to cause arthritis. I have the same aspect and quite tight, but, touch wood, no such complaint.

Moral of the story: look at the complete chart, and do not single things out.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Saturn and Capricorn (that planet rules the sign) rules the bones and joints - the whole skeletal system, plus the teeth and gums. Also Gemini ruled by Mercury has to do with arms and legs. Arthritic pain, discomfort and tightness is a combination of Saturn and Mercury aspects.

mdinaz

Saturn in negative aspect to various planets (like Mercury, Mars, Jupiter) can give a tendency to arthritis. Usually a transit will trigger it. Issues related to control of life situations will be the result of that transit.

waybread

I'd go with Saturn (joints) and Mars (inflammation.) I have osteoarthritis and natal Mars opposite Saturn.

Also, look and see where the arthritis is mainly located. With me, it's the knees, Capricorn rules the leg bones between the hips and ankles, and I have Jupiter in Capricorn, as well.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Saturn is in some way inimical in the chart of a person with arthritis. Arthritis is caused due to calcium deposits and Saturn, not only rules bones and joints, but also calcium. If the arthritis is affecting the hands, arms and shoulders area more, look at Mercury in combination with Saturn. If the leg area is affected, it is more Jupiter in combination with Saturn. Jupiter rules both Sag. and Pisces.

Sweet Pea

Hi,

I think it takes more than mere Mars square Pluto in the chart to cause arthritis. I have the same aspect and quite tight, but, touch wood, no such complaint.

Moral of the story: look at the complete chart, and do not single things out.

You're right, here is the filled-out picture. My sister has a t-square of Venus-Pluto in 6th house, opposite Moon-Jupiter-Chiron in the 12th house, squaring Mars in the 2nd house and with an inconjunct from Venus-Pluto to Saturn thrown in too. Her rheumatoid arthritis started at age 25. She's had a few other problems too - a large ovarian cyst resulting in hysterectomy, and currently problems with high-pressure glaucoma needing operations on both eyes. :(

aquarius7000

You're right, here is the filled-out picture. My sister has a t-square of Venus-Pluto in 6th house, opposite Moon-Jupiter-Chiron in the 12th house, squaring Mars in the 2nd house and with an inconjunct from Venus-Pluto to Saturn thrown in too. Her rheumatoid arthritis started at age 25. She's had a few other problems too - a large ovarian cyst resulting in hysterectomy, and currently problems with high-pressure glaucoma needing operations on both eyes. :(
Hi,
This sounds like your sister could have a poorly-placed Asc. ruler. Also, her Mars and Saturn must be inimical. Since it is pertinent to the subject of this thread and if the thread OP does not mind, you might want to post her chart here for us to study.

Sweet Pea

Mars IS her chart ruler.

Two books I can recommend are Arthritis by John Rowland and A Doctor's Proven New Home Cure for Arthritis by Giraud W Campbell, both of which talk about toxicity (exacerbated by poor elimination) in the body leading to most of the degenerative illnesses and how changing your diet can really help. Whether you can cure a Chironic affliction is debatable however, but you might get some improvement.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

In relations to bone disorders, I believe medical astrology can determine the risk of developing one in the future (that's me). In the natal chart year cycle, each year...or every 6 or 7...and 12 years going by counterclockwise zodiac procession starting with your rising sign: My starts with cancer (1980-birth year, 1992, 2004 and 2016, but Leo-1986, 1992, Virgo-1992, 2004 and Libra-1998, 2016, and Capricorn-2016 and 2032). I'm going to be affected more (and strongly) by Capricorn - medical ruler of our bones and skeletons - a possible prediction I will develop a bone/skeletal disorder alike Arthritis.

An astrological reading predicts I'm at the highest risk of accident, injury or disease in my 50-55th years of life (I'm 37 now). It might have to do with my 26' Sun/20' Moon conjunction in Aquarius-8th square Uranus in 25' Scorpio-5th. Between the 89' square is 11-16' Capricorn in the descendant node. Saturn is expected to be in Cancer in 2033-34 opposite Capricorn - a malefic planet still affects its' sign Capricorn in my 7th. Most likely, it's a bone or skeletal disorder (osteoporosis? despite I'm male - bone loss can occur in older men, though more frequently in women) to develop in my middle aged stage. It's just a prediction, not a medical diagnosis...small-boned or thin people are prone to bone loss disorders (I happen to be one), so I need to take heed in the future.