God is a Snake

Gododdin Votadini

[deleted personally attacking post - Moderator]

Hi, isn't it great to be normal?

I "normally" disapprove of online sarcasm, but there are exceptions to every rule.

Dear Moderator, I personally attacked no one in this thread, but, on the other hand, actual personal attacks are entirely ignored.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Would would be the purpose of "identifying" [edited] and others? And why would you have a need for sarcasm?

You have completely lost me in this discourse.

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

When I saw the title of this thread I thought this might have something to do with Ouroboros?
ALTERNATIVELY :smile:

“...The Rainbow Serpent is a common motif in the art and mythology of Aboriginal Australia, named for snake-like meandering of water across landscape and colour spectrum caused when sunlight strikes water at an appropriate angle relative to the observer.

The Rainbow Serpent is the inhabitant of permanent waterholes and controls life's most precious resource, oils and waters. Rainbow Serpent has been understood as male by some traditions and female by others. The sometimes unpredictable Rainbow Serpent (in contrast to the unyielding Sun) replenishes stores of water, forming gullies and deep channels as the Rainbow Serpent slithered across the landscape....”

“Dreamtime stories tell of the great spirits and totems during creation, in animal and human form they moulded the barren and featureless earth. The Rainbow Serpent came from beneath the ground and created huge ridges, mountains and gorges as it pushed upward. The Rainbow Serpent is known as Ngalyod by the Gunwinggu and Borlung by the Miali. The Rainbow Serpent is understood to be of immense proportions and inhabits deep permanent waterholes. Serpent stories vary according to environmental differences...”

“Tribes of the monsoonal areas depict an epic interaction of the Sun, Serpent and wind in their Dreamtime stories, whereas tribes of the central desert experience less drastic seasonal shifts and their stories reflect this. It is known both as a benevolent protector of its people (the groups from the country around) and as a malevolent punisher of law breakers. The Rainbow Serpent's mythology is closely linked to land, water, life, social relationships and fertility. There are innumerable names and stories associated with the serpent, all of which communicate the significance and power of this being within Aboriginal traditions...”

Source
: Wikipedia

tsmall

Premium Member
[deleted quote of attacking comment - Moderator]

Hi, isn't it great to be normal?

I "normally" disapprove of online sarcasm, but there are exceptions to every rule.

I got your initial response in my email. ;)

I'm not certain what you mean by identifying people "like tsmall?"

My question was to which god are you referring. True, I am not as educated (nor did I have time yet to search the internet) on the subject as charmvirgo and JUPITERASC, but while your OP could have been interpreted as an intentionally provocative topic for chat, throughout history there have been and continue to be many religions with many gods. Frankly, one who is a rainbow serpent with a multicolored phallus sounded quite interesting. I was merely trying to ascertain which deity was under discussion. You may be familiar with the concept of "question to clarify?" I find it to be very useful, especially if I want to avoid jumping to conclusions.

Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:

tsmall

Premium Member
but then again....if you go by the evidence in the Bible.....God may be a snake. or the good God may be a snake. If you take the opposite of the deception. If the Bible is mainly a lie, then the truth is God is the Serpent. I doubt it is that simple, but if you sort of go with what you feel is real and true it may be in there somewhere.

Have you investigated Gnosticism? What you are describing could also represent the Demiurge. :)

"And when she saw (the consequences of) her desire, it changed into a form of a lion-faced serpent. And its eyes were like lightning fires which flash. She cast it away from her, outside that place, that no one of the immortal ones might see it, for she had created it in ignorance. And she surrounded it with a luminous cloud, and she placed a throne in the middle of the cloud that no one might see it except the holy Spirit who is called the mother of the living. And she called his name Yaltabaoth.

"This is the first archon who took a great power from his mother.... And he is impious in his arrogance which is in him. For he said: 'I am God and there is no other God beside me,' for he is ignorant of his strength, the place from which he had come."
-- The Apocryphon of John . (NHL-110/IV,1 10:7-20)

http://www.essene.com/Gospels/GnosticAndSophia.html

JUPITERASC

05800.jpg

images

snake_worship.jpg

Gododdin Votadini

The video I was talking about is a study about historical, archaeological, mythological, oral, and other stuff about Ophiolatreia. It was much more scientific, if you will. Basically, all over the world, where there is evidence of ancient people having lived there is evidence of Ophiolatreia.

One thing I find real interesting is the Ashera stuff, and something about it possibly having something to do with a snake. sorta like the modern medica symbol.