Saturn return, hedonism and the wild life.

My childhood and youth was more repressed due to having a lot of Saturn oppositions, main one being in the form of a repressive family and a horrible father. Now I noticed that it was not until my early 20s as a guy that I got a taste of alcohol, sex for the first time and partying.

I wonder about my Saturn return and I always treated Saturn as the boring lifeless planet that ***** the soul and enjoyment out of life.

It is the planet that puts a gun to your face and makes you get married when you don't want to.

It's the planet that puts a gun to your face and makes you live a life you do not desire, that is how I saw it.

So in this case, does a Saturn return for me signify that I will have to give up the life I desire and live life the way society wants me to live it? (wife, kids, boring job, etc.)

AppLeo

People paint Saturn as an evil planet that only brings misfortunate.

I personally disagree.

I think its purpose is to restructure people's lives, ground them in reality, and direct them towards some kind of purpose. After all, what's the point of life if you're not being challenged or growing in some way?

Saturn demands mastery and seriousness wherever it's located and whatever it's aspecting. Usually because there is some kind of lack or misuse of it of the places it touches in the chart.

Saturn may be a harsh planet, but it's effects can be positive on how responsible the person is.

Irresponsible, or wildly hedonistic people, will be crushed under the wrath of Saturn.

Responsible people will be rewarded (in older age) because they will have put in the time and hard-work that is necessary to achieve mastery and a foundation.

As far as kids, having a wife, or a job – those are things that you decide to have or not to have. But from what I've noticed, people who are very irresponsible end up getting these responsibilities forced upon them whether or not they chose it.

Having kids or getting STD's for not being responsible to have protected sex.
Marrying someone because you had kids with them, or marrying the wrong person for the wrong reasons and end up getting stuck with them.
Having to get a real job to pay for your kids, or to get out of debt or whatever financial problem you got yourself into.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Saturn is about responsibility. But you can have an enjoyable and responsible life. They are not mutually exclusive.

You could be really irresponsible by getting married and having kids. It depends upon you and the context.