Hitler & the Golden Yod

kaminari

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on different aspects.

While researching the quintiles, I found this interesting article on the Golden Yod:

http://chirotic.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/hitler-and-the-golden-yod/

Concerning the quintile, the author states that..

a fifth harmonic aspect [is] always associated with the use and abuse of power; because of the occult significance of the pentagram it is considered by some to be an aspect which requires activation lest it be triggered into its base expression with often uncomfortable results. Bill Tierney noted that it is often found in the charts of composers and artists, but also mass-murderers and murder victims.

And what's most amazing/disturbing, are configurations in Hitler's chart:

The inclusion of Eris, Goddess of strife and discord in his nativity ... evidences an incredible and absolutely perfect fifth harmonic pentagram. If Addey is correct and the 5th denotes the abuse of power, then clearly Hitler was the perfect 5th harmonic instrument.

I'm just beginning my research the quintile, but I'm wondering if any others out there see significance in the Golden Yod, & how useful it is in their analysis.

Last edited:

blacksun?

Mozart and Einstein had a lot of quintiles, so did Marilyn Monroe, Bill Gates and Tolkien have very powerful biquintiles... what I'm getting from the quintile is that it is an option for quick, almost magical action, often beyond the normal will of the subject. People with quintile laden charts have a way of getting into life over their heads, at least I'm sort of picking that up as a tendency.

What's interesting is the mathematical aspect of the aspect - inherent in the (bi)quintile, or the pentagram, is the golden ratio - check it out

http://bastet13.blogspot.com/2007/07/golden-ratio-pentagrams-pythagoras-and.html

So the quintile is consistent with the growth-ratio of the universe, and all that is in it. Not surprising then that the quintile as an aspect is a very powerful one in creativity - for good or evil.

The tightest quintile I've seen is the one Nietzsche has from his Neptune to his Moon. Telling that he was absolutely free in exploring the subconscious, that he knew man's deeper mind as if it was his own back yard.

I'm always wondering what the orb is for a quintile - some say it is 2 degrees, some maintian it should be very tight. It is true that in many famous people, the quintiles you find are very tight.

As for the golden yod - I have only seen that in Hitlers chart so far, I'd be very interested to look at other charts that have it. What I have seen in other famous chart - such as the one of Nietzsche - is the opposite - a configuration made of two quintiles and one biquintile.

kaminari

Hey Blacksun?, thanks for the reply.

As an astrologer, do you give much significance to asteroids in forming a Golden Yod?

blacksun?

Ive not got a lot of experience with all of the asteroids, but Chiron and Vesta are undoubtably powerful, and Ive seen Pallas connect to planets in charts of powerful people very often. Especially Chiron and Pallas are dynamic energies, which would fit to the effect of a quintile.

Shokk

I think it might be of interest to note that such patterns of ratios do not only exist for the pentagon. The golden ratio is some pretty fun stuff, don't get me wrong, but any polygon with an odd number of sides has diagonals which possess qualities that are very similar to the golden ratio but becoming increasingly complex as the number of sides in the polygon increases.
I would try to explain more accurately my meaning but this PDF does it better: (of course, you'll probably have to have Reader to open this, so be warned)
http://sylvester.math.nthu.edu.tw/d2/imo-training-geometry/reg-poly.pdf
The real fun starts at the bottom of page 4 and starts being way over my head around page 6.

Speaking of Pallas, I have a pretty darn tight quintile between Pallas and Pluto, with an orb of just 23 seconds, then the two make biquintiles to Juno, forming a golden yod, but then I'm not so sure about the orb on the Biquintiles to Juno (just over a degree) and the inclusion of the asteroids in the first place.

kaminari

I noticed Chiron was missing from the chart.Chiron is at 6 Cancer in the 9th,opposing Mo/Ju.

Jupiter opposition Chiron: These individuals may sometimes feel cheated by fate and blame their problems on others
http://astrologynotes.org/wiki/Jupiter_opposition_Chiron
But Jung had this as well & John Lennon had the Moon opposition. Chiron really does either hurt or heal.

Ive not got a lot of experience with all of the asteroids, but Chiron and Vesta are undoubtably powerful, and Ive seen Pallas connect to planets in charts of powerful people very often. Especially Chiron and Pallas are dynamic energies, which would fit to the effect of a quintile.

My Pallas is sitting right between my Node & POF within 3' of each. Pallas represents the daughter, right? Juno, the wife, Ceres, the mother?

I think it might be of interest to note that such patterns of ratios do not only exist for the pentagon. The golden ratio is some pretty fun stuff, don't get me wrong, but any polygon with an odd number of sides has diagonals which possess qualities that are very similar to the golden ratio but becoming increasingly complex as the number of sides in the polygon increases.
I would try to explain more accurately my meaning but this PDF does it better: (of course, you'll probably have to have Reader to open this, so be warned)
http://sylvester.math.nthu.edu.tw/d2/imo-training-geometry/reg-poly.pdf
The real fun starts at the bottom of page 4 and starts being way over my head around page 6.

Speaking of Pallas, I have a pretty darn tight quintile between Pallas and Pluto, with an orb of just 23 seconds, then the two make biquintiles to Juno, forming a golden yod, but then I'm not so sure about the orb on the Biquintiles to Juno (just over a degree) and the inclusion of the asteroids in the first place.

Thanks for the info.

I also wonder if you can include points & angles in calculating the quintile/bi-quintile.

blacksun?

Interpretations for the asteroids as I've learned here and there goes something like this:

Pallas: understanding of patterns, a very clear mental energy

Juno: something to do with conditionless sex - some say partner, but I've never seen that tested

Ceres: nurture

Vesta: focus

Do they count in quintiles? I dont see why not.
Also the ascendant and midheaven are used for quintiles - and these definitely seem important. Look for example at the chart of Bill Gates: he has a biquintile from Jupiter/Pluto in the second house of personal resources to his midheaven.

About the golden ratio: it speaks for itself that there are other patterns of repetition operative in the universe. What is certain is that the golden ratio, next to being ''fun stuff'', is the ratio by which galaxies expand as well as embrio's, the brain, and things pretty much all over nature. This ratio is first seen in geometry when you construct a pentagram. By constructing I mean building it from circles and lines.

starlink

Kaminari, I moved this thread to the Celebrity forum. I think Hitler belongs there, even though he was a malicious celebrity.

Shokk

Kaminari, I moved this thread to the Celebrity forum. I think Hitler belongs there, even though he was a malicious celebrity.
I was under the impression that this thread was more oriented towards the discussion of quintiles in general (with hitler being used as one example of their influence, given their prevalence in his chart.)

kaminari

Juno: something to do with conditionless sex - some say partner, but I've never seen that tested

Wow, I heard "partner" as in in someone we should marry, or at least be with. But "conditionless" sex puts a whole new spin on my thoughts. Interesting.

I was under the impression that this thread was more oriented towards the discussion of quintiles in general (with hitler being used as one example of their influence, given their prevalence in his chart.)

I think it was me breaking off into a tangent about asteroids that did it.:whistling:

R4VEN

Speaking of Pallas, I have a pretty darn tight quintile between Pallas and Pluto, with an orb of just 23 seconds, then the two make biquintiles to Juno,
I recently had to (well, chose to, actually) look up the mythology of Pallas Athene, and it was very interesting, and in light of this, a quintile between Pallas and Pluto would be very powerful, perhaps driving one to searching, searching for answers.

In fact, I'd suggest anyone - if genuinely interested in using asteroids in their readings - firstly google the asteroid name and the word mythology, and read up on each before you go charging down the path of interpretation.

I have said this before in relation to Chiron, but I'll say it again......
The planets and points and asteroids on an astrology chart need to be understood fully at an internal level - that is, at a level of understanding beneath and beyond the intellect - before interpreting them will deliver much in the way of true understanding and integration.

For instance, blacksun's description of Pallas:
"Pallas: understanding of patterns, a very clear mental energy"
is a good place to begin, but there is quite a lot more to Pallas than this.

starlink

Hello Shokk, you said:

I was under the impression that this thread was more oriented towards the discussion of quintiles in general

Seeing it from that point of view, yes I understand fully why you thought this.

Right now I almost would think it belongs in the Asteroid and cosmic objects division with all the talk about Pallas, Juno, Vesta, Ceres and Chiron. Waiting for someone who will mention Lillith now....:) LOL!

blacksun?

I have said this before in relation to Chiron, but I'll say it again......
The planets and points and asteroids on an astrology chart need to be understood fully at an internal level - that is, at a level of understanding beneath and beyond the intellect - before interpreting them will deliver much in the way of true understanding and integration.

For instance, blacksun's description of Pallas:
"Pallas: understanding of patterns, a very clear mental energy"
is a good place to begin, but there is quite a lot more to Pallas than this.
Obviously, but what I'm writing here or anywhere on this forum is only what I have understood internally, intuitively, through experience, either psychic or empirical, preferably both.

Im not making claims to vast reservoirs of knowledge about Pallas, but what I wrote down goes, I'm pretty sure.

Whats all the irony about the asteroids, by the way? Thats over my head. Ís it somehow inappropriate to discuss asteroids in relation to quintiles? And whats so funny about Lilith? Is there some politics going on between different astrological schools?

Jeremy

Hi everyone,
Just a quick response, I'm off to London now to see some old friends. I am the author of the article on Hitler and the Golden Yod; I used to be a regular contributor here, and I am friends with Starlink too, she knows me very well.

The reason I did not refer to the placement of Chiron is simply because it did not form part of the sequence of Golden Yods. I've since discussed this chart with Rick Levine (who discovered the Golden Yod) and we're both agreed that the effect of such a complete sequence of GYs is clearly the only real explanation for his opportunity to misuse energy on such a scale. Of course there are other views, and they're all good too.

Hitler had Chiron in Cancer in the 9th, that's an enormous sensitivity in the area of racial philosophy.

Warm Regards (and hi to Star)
Jeremy

starlink

Dear all, I moved the thread back to the aspects and configurations forum as it is after all more to do with the Yod then with Hitler the celebrity:).

Starlink

blacksun?

The reason I did not refer to the placement of Chiron is simply because it did not form part of the sequence of Golden Yods. I've since discussed this chart with Rick Levine (who discovered the Golden Yod) and we're both agreed that the effect of such a complete sequence of GYs is clearly the only real explanation for his opportunity to misuse energy on such a scale. Of course there are other views, and they're all good too.
Hello Jeremy,

I do not know if you will be reading this, but I have a question pertaining to the golden yod, and quintiles and biquintiles in general - what would you say is the maximum orb for a quintile to be effective? I've read 1 to 2 degrees, but I see in charts where I notice the quintiles that they are often quite tight.

The reason Im asking is that, given an orb of 1,5 degrees, I would have a golden yod from Uranus-Mars-Moon. I wonder what, if any, the significance of this would be. Should I be careful about energies which could use me as a vehicle?

flea

Hi Guys,

I have a golden yod.... JupR, venus, neptune, and also a quintile triangle between neptune, pallas, and mercuryR at the point. Funny that... the points both have retrograde planets.

I have a passion for abstract art..... as a kind of develing into the subconscious and beyond. I never know what is going to come out.... often no plan at all except for a blank canvas. What has fascinated me is that ordinary people (read not arty people) really relate to some pieces, and get quite strong emotional attatchments.

Oh and just because... someone mentioned lilith I have just been looking at my juno, lilith pallas conjunction...kind of seems like the three witches, or... who is the crone, maiden, mother with these three ladies.

FleaXX

Jeremy

Hello again,
An orb of a degree and a half is perfectly acceptable, but as John Lilley intimated, quintiles require activation, and that usually means some level of life experience and evolvement. Interpreting them is tricky, and the apex planet is key to the expression of a GY, the quintiled planets form the base for that point of expression, in exactly the same way as kites, yods, Thor's Hammers and so forth operate.

I cannot tell from your description which planet is at the apex, maybe Moon? You have therefore, Uranus - Mars forming the base, so this will indicate a gift for utilising energy, action in sudden ways, I would say a good example of this is of somebody who can think creatively in a crisis, do you follow that logic? It can also represent sudden bursts of energy or enthusiasm (for example). If the apex planet is the Moon then then that allows you to express your needs when under pressure, but without understanding house positions and so on it is hard to be very precise, and in fact it is difficult to predict quintiles, except retrospectively, they are in the 5th harmonic, therefore they don't follow the mainstream musical scale: they are offbeat (and quite Uranian therefore, sympathetic to the configured points too). The entire arrangement to me suggests a power of honesty and frankness which can be used in stressful or pressured situations thus restoring security: does that make some kind of sense?

Somebody earlier mentioned Pallas - Pluto contacts. I have written several articles on Pallas, and the mythological keys are good to follow as has been suggested. It appears to be a point of competence, a gift for strategy, and an understanding of costing and pricing. There are all sorts of possible interpretations here:

• Think of 'refinancing' especially to save a project which is failing.
  • An interest in the underlying psychological elements which motivate people to behave as they do.
  • To 'do' Pluto as a strategy: thus to be intense, focused, probing, psychologically shrewd, manipulative, self-controlled as a means of dealing with people and situations.
  • To have a gift for creating payment plans for dealing with debt.
  • To have a gift for understanding criminology and strategising rehabilitation for prisoners.
All of these and more are possible. Signs and houses will refine the insights considerably I'm sure.

Jeremy