Should I be an Egg Donor?

Hello All,

Recently I applied to become an egg donor, and was readily accepted due to some good factors on my part. Yay for genetics!

Anyway, I drew up chart asking if it was a good idea to become an egg donor.

Basically for three months I would be required to travel a distance of 85 miles every other day to undergo blood tests and an ultrasound, while I inject myself with hormones to make me more fertile. At the end of that time, I would be put under anaesthesia and have my eggs removed released from the hormonal injections. I would never meet the potential child my genetic material may create.

I'm completely clueless to horary, especially with this one because I'm not sure which houses and planets talk about what.

The ruler of the chart, Mercury, squares the moon. Not good right?

Thanks for all help, chart is posted below.

mod.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_215_egg_donor.1268.30703.jpg
    astro_2gw_215_egg_donor.1268.30703.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

PaxMercurius

You (Mercury) and the eggs/potential children (Saturn) do not aspect or behold each other, but Mercury is ruled by Saturn. The recipients are Jupiter - Jupiter is very well dignifed, but combust, signifying that they cannot see you. In other words, donation will be anonymous. You're anxious about the issue, for some reason?

The recipients of donated eggs, or the users of them (if its for scientific purposes) will be glad for them. There's certainly nothing here saying 'don't donate', I don't think.

Thanks Pax,

Yes, the donations are anonymous. There may be an option for it to not be anonymous, but I made it clear that I would want it anonymous under all circumstances.

I'm glad it doesn't say "don't donate." I'm more worried about health issues. The chart ruler is in the fifth, suggesting that I will have something to do with children, does the fact that it squares the moon indicate health issues? The moon is ruling the 11th house, but squaring a planet in Aquarius. Does this simply point out the obvious estrangement I will have to the genetic material I donate, or does the 8th house placement indicate I may have issues with my health, possibly damaging it.

You don't have to answer these questions, but obviously, and as you well know, I am anxious!

mod.

PaxMercurius

The querent's significators in the 8H (house of death) without good reason indicate that the querent is stressed or concerned about the issue, which is why I asked if you were really worried about it for some reason :D

Moon in 8H indicates your emotions are troubled over this for some reason, Mercury in the 5H, its an issue related to fertility and children. I will be honest and say I am not sure what the Moon and Mars are doing there, but they are each other's dispositors by sign and are squared. Squares are common in charts to do with surgery or medical procedures of any sort, as surgery or medicine is rarely a pleasurable or easy activity.

Mars Rx in this instance likely only means that the procedure is 'against nature' or 'reversed' from nature...in other words, artifical fertilisation. This isn't a judgement of the procedure so much as a recognition of it as being something that doesn't occur in nature. The moon is in her exaltation, so I think you'll be fine.

Niplan

Banned
I wouldn't touch that with a 50foot pole... I don't think thats something that a horary can tell you or can't tell you. Thats a personal choice, the horary could tell how your health will be, or the danger of the surgery etc.etc.

I'd think this was something you'd have to decide for your self, The horary chart can only show you things, it can't make the choices, and it certainty wont be able to tell you if you will feel regret or not after you've made this choice. (Well it could, but you would have to ask that specificly, but then there really isn't a need to ask, since you already know the awnser inside of yourself. )

Vagabondgirl

You will have to go through strong hormone treatment to harbour the eggs. But I guess you know this already? No history of thrombosis in your family? Do you have own kids?

Wonder if they test the egg and sperm donors MHC compatibility? Not sure if they do....But there is a theory saying that people of different MHC class have healthier kids with better immune systems.

Hope you will make the right choice:wink:

OK thanks Niplan. As you can see my concern is more... "should I be an egg donor or will it be too much of a risk to my health," or, "are there any risks associated with me being an egg donor?" I'm not looking for horary to say "yes" or "no", but more indicate any risks with the process.

VagabondGirl, I'm not sure if they will test MHC compatibility. It's a very expensive process so I would hope they would do everything they could to ensure things went as well as possible. Fortunately for me, I'm young and have no history of thrombosis. I also have no children.

I know I was told I would make a couple very happy, but I'm not sure if I could tolerate injecting hormones everyday.

mod.

Lin

My first thought is a question....Why??
I mean, is it very lucretive?
Otherwise why would you do that to yourself and have no child to show for it?
LIN