How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

CapAquaPis

Aquarius rules Cancer's "sex house" (the 8th which is under Scorpio), but for me as an Aquarian, Virgo rules it. The two signs are considered the least or not so compatible with Aquarians, except my rising sign is Cancer and in draconic astrology, Virgo is my soul sign. Do I relate kinda well, but the most with any Cancer or Virgo women? :sideways:

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Of all the signs of the zodiac, Aquarians (and then Capricorns) are the least likely people to ever develop relationships, get married or have children. Sun/ Moon Aquarius like I am is #2 in between sun Aqua sun/ moon Cap (#3) and sun Cap/moon Aqua (#1). And sun Cap/moon Cap are similar to double Aquas.

CapAquaPis

My due date originally was Feb. 28th in 1980 (10' Pisces - solar degree on that date) - it can also fall on Feb. 29 leap year - the extra day in the shortest month of the year every 4 years since 1904 - 1900 and 2100 are not leap years, but 2000 is. I have some Piscean characteristics, as well sidereal Capricornian (the sun cusp Feb 14-15). My screen name I have here shows I'm a serious Capricorn and supernatural Pisces, then I realize Aquarius is about science (Saturnian like Capricorn) and spirituality (Northern hemisphere winter like Pisces).

CapAquaPis

In astrological books and sites, romantic compatibility of Aquarius with scorpio: Scorpios like Aquarians, but not the other way around - we fear the scorpions, a type of relationship which can turn into a stalking situation. It is similar with Leo, our opposites come to us in what to do with a Scorpio who doesn't leave them alone.

CapAquaPis

In those same books and sites, the contradictory one on which sign is most compatible with Aquarius: Pisces (they omit Aquarius and said Capricorns are best for Pisces). Aquarius-Pisces matches are more platonic and symbiotic, not exactly fit for marriage. I don't personally believe Capricorns pair best with Pisces, but who knows. :wink:

david starling

In those same books and sites, the contradictory one on which sign is most compatible with Aquarius: Pisces (they omit Aquarius and said Capricorns are best for Pisces). Aquarius-Pisces matches are more platonic and symbiotic, not exactly fit for marriage. I don't personally believe Capricorns pair best with Pisces, but who knows. :wink:

My wife and I are a tight Aquarius/Pisces matchup. Her having a Scorp Asc took care of the "platonic" designation. :biggrin:

jac

And about elements... It's just very superficial to associate water signs with being cuddly and whatever. That was my point. When I mentioned how the Aquarian was needy and cuddly, you mentioned water. That's superficial. He also wasn't a very watery guy so you were also wrong. Water isn't about being needy and cuddly. It's a lot deeper than that and a water sign may come off just as aloof as you imagine Aquarians coming off(which I also rarely find to be the case)

Water runs much deeper than that. Like I notice with many Aquarian artists they may be original, but their work lacks depth or soul or unless there's water, or spark or spirit unless there's fire. But generally, it's just lacking in depth

I just happened upon this thread Lykanized, and it's regrettable you had such ugly experiences with Aquarians that you are soured on an entire sun-sign.

Though Waybread made several concessions to reach a happy medium with you, you preserve quite a bias.

I am an Aquarian artist whose primary motivation in several mediums is to illustrate DEPTH, so if you can objectify- perhaps you can imagine how your allegations "To me, Aquarians just come off as wishy washy, nonsensical, and not knowing what they want" "Water runs much deeper than that. Like I notice with many Aquarian artists they may be original, but their work lacks depth or soul or unless there's water, or spark or spirit unless there's fire. But generally, it's just lacking in depth" read, even to a casual observer. It sounds like you've been deeply hurt, and thus, react with contempt.

Having made my living in the arts, one of the constants in critiques of my work, is DEPTH.

You'd probably be shocked to learn I've been blissfully bonded with a Scorpio for THIRTY YEARS. I know of several other long-term Aq-Sc couples.

In short, I consider sun-sign astrology to be light entertainment, but no real measure of the many facets that comprise even a simple human being. Waybread is dead-on in her appraisal.

I sincerely hope whatever damage you've sustained, adequately heals enough that you might one day, experience the 12th of humanity you've dropped your own little personal moratorium on. Meanwhile, I imagine we'll just have to soldier on without you.

CapAquaPis

According to my Mom, she went into labor 7 hours before my birth (2:20pm on Feb. 15, 1980 - Cancer rising) - the rising sign 7am was Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign. However, her friends who are into astrology said my 8th house sun should make me similar to Scorpios (not sure about my personality). And in sidereal astrology, I would be compatible with late Feb-early Mar pisces people who happens to fall under Aquarius, but in sidereal I'm still Aquarius.

david starling

According to my Mom, she went into labor 7 hours before my birth (2:20pm on Feb. 15, 1980 - Cancer rising) - the rising sign 7am was Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign. However, her friends who are into astrology said my 8th house sun should make me similar to Scorpios (not sure about my personality). And in sidereal astrology, I would be compatible with late Feb-early Mar pisces people who happens to fall under Aquarius, but in sidereal I'm still Aquarius.

Interesting! I've concluded that both tropical and sidereal apply, except that they're on different frequencies, so it comes down to which frequency one is most compatible with. In my own case, it's tropical, but I can see where sidereal is like an "alternative personality". Like you, my Sun-sign remains the same--late tropical Pisces moves to early sidereal Pisces; but, my Asc, Mercury and Mars in tropical Pisces move to Aquarius, just as my Moon and Venus in Aquarius move to Capricorn. Here's something to consider--I was told by a Vedic astrologer that the Moon doesn't necessarily follow the same pattern as the others by Vedic reckoning. So, in Vedic, my Moon-sign stays in Aquarius, whereas in Western sidereal, it moves along with Merc into Capricorn. Makes more sense to me.

CapAquaPis

In my life, I know 2 Aquarians before on full moons surrounding Feb., since no full moon fell on Feb. 1980 (depending on time zone). My first online friend was born Jan 31st, then I was born on Feb 15th (new moon-also on the 16th) and my prom date who is a family friend on Mar 1st. The first full moon was in the tropical Aquarius season, the other is in the sidereal Aquarius season. And in 1980, Feb. had 29 days, so the full moon could fall on a leap year day (every 76 years), February has no full moons every 19 years before and since 1980.

Looking closely, my first online friend's full moon was tropical 20' Leo - sabian symbol: American Indians (it named specifically in Arizona) performing a ritual to the sun, and my prom date's was sidereal 4' Virgo - sabian symbol for (how this can be interpreted) black and white, male and female, different religious, and disabled and able-bodied children playing together peacefully without animosity nor concerns over differences.

It turns out my first online friend has Lummi/Salish ancestry and she grew up in AZ (Phoenix area?) not far from their local Native American tribes (i.e. the Apache, Chemehuevi, Hopi, Navajo, Papago, Pima, Ute, Yaqui, Yuma and Zuni), now she lives in WA state where her mother's tribe is based. And my prom date is simply a good friend, she has a brother with profound autism, which is how our parents met in a local autism society chapter co-founded by my Mom in the 1980s after my own diagnosis with mild or high-functioning autism.

Last edited:

david starling

Aquarians would be better understood by other Signs if people realized that its Domicile-ruler is female, not male. The astronomers came close in the naming, but it was time for another goddess to join Venus as a primary Sign-ruler: URANIA, goddess of the Heavens and Muse of astrology.
She's granddaughter of the former god of the Heavens, Ouranos, through her mother Mnemosyne (goddess of Memory), and her father, Zeus/Jupiter, grandson of Ouranos. Ouranos, representing the Heavens, was husband of Gaia, personifying the Earth, until he was brutally deposed by their son Cronos/Saturn.

3 standard Domicle-rulers are children of Cronos/Saturn/:capricorn::

•Pluto/:scorpio:, Neptune/:pisces:, and Jupiter/:sagittarius:

With Urania, Muse of astrology (instead of her unfortunate grandfather Ouranos, the deposed victim of patricide),

3 standard Domicle-rulers are children of Zeus/Jupiter:

•Mercury/:gemini:, Mars/:aries:, and Urania:uranus:/:aquarius:.

Last edited:

david starling

Although Ouranos/Caelus was eliminated from the Greco-Roman pantheon of active deities by Cronos/Saturn, his legacy lives on. 3 of the major astrological indicators were children of Ouranos/Caelus, former deity (before he was eliminated by Cronos/Saturn) personifying the Heavens, and Gaea/Gaia personifying the Earth:

•Cronos/Saturn-:capricorn:, Helios/Sol(The Sun)-:leo:, and Selene/Luna(The Moon)-:cancer:.

•Aphrodite/Venus-:libra: is a strange case, since she was the result of the castration of Ouranos/Caelus by Cronos/Saturn. His severed genitals fell into the sea, and impregnated Amphitrite/Salacia, wife of Poseidon/Neptune. That makes Ouranos/Caelus her biological father as "sperm-donor", but Poseidon/Neptune was her emotional father.

Last edited:

blacksun?

The games Aquarius Sun seems to play are pretty well illustrated in Spielbergs Lincoln - it is from a position of experience about knowledge, knowing that people will decide to know when theyre ready, not when you want them to. That is how they are, and how they know others are, even if the others don't know it as keenly.

As the last Fixed sign, Aquarius is the last judge of how things will be settled, a very patient sign at heart, but only where things of true concern are at stake. Wherever there is no real consequence, Aquarians can get very confused indeed.

CapAquaPis

Here's a radical Aquarian POV of the zodiac, if it we're a party or block (block party scene) - instead of 6 straight couples: Aries (M)-Taurus (F), Gemini (M)-Cancer (F), Leo (M)-Virgo (F), Libra (M)-Scorpio (F), Sagittarius (M)-Capricorn (F) and esp. Aquarius (M)-Pisces (F), I rearranged them for humorous and more realistic effect, esp. for this year/decade/century/millennia/age we're in. Aries (M)-Taurus (F) -Gemini (bisexual M) with son Orion, Cancer (F) - Leo (M) - Virgo (Lesbian F) with daughter Sextans, Libra (M husband) - Scorpio (F)-Sagittarius (M-bio-father of son Ophiuchus and daughter Serpens), and Capricorn (F)-Aquarius (genderfluid bio-male)-Pisces (F) with Cap's and Aqua's daughter Aquila and Aqua's and Pis' son Cetus live together unmarried. 12 signs and 5 parazodiacs (Ophiuchus and Serpens are connected together). Aquarius is about a stronger meaning of relationships, marriages and families, the sign of friendship in this current astrological age changed the way we view the way people relate to each other into a whole new and improved level.

CapAquaPis

Two halves of Scorpio could be separate signs in 13th sign astrology: Anyone born from Oct 22/23-Nov 8/9 or in sidereal, Nov 16-30 are basic Scorpios vs. those born from Nov 9/10-Nov 22/23 or in sidereal, Dec 1-16 are Ophiuchus - the serpent-bearer we heard so much about in this forum. Scorpios are said to avoid Aquarians and vice versa, but what about my ability to relate better with Ophiuchus people? The shift from Scorpio and Ophiuchus in the midst of the so-called 12th month of the astrological year represents the end and beginning of a cycle, a solar year, in this scenario, two sun signs are 15 not 30 days long.