Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 02-28-2017, 08:43 PM

Re: ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
ADD/ADHD is a continuum, I think. You could have some traits, or the full blown thing... and the difference between the full blown thing and just some traits is vague. Astrologically, it makes sense that some people with those aspects will be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD (or qualify for the diagnosis but not receive it), and others might see a different manifestation of those aspects.

High scores in IQ tests are not proof that you don't have ADD/ADHD. You could have ADD/ADHD and a high IQ. If anything, your IQ might be even higher than your scores show, because if you have ADD, it could result in your test scores being lower than they should.

Perhaps having many tense aspects is part of it. Certainly, none of the charts that have been posted here look like smooth sailing, although interestingly, many of us have a grand trine.
My son scored high on IQ tests for his age and adhd in kindergarten (I can't remember what the test's called, but it tests different intelligences and he scored very high in some areas, a bit above average in other areas and an overall high score - I don't remember) if he had kept his fingers off a hot light bulb minutes before the test (the examiner left the room for a short moment) he would've scored higher and a clearer picture would've formed of his intelligence. This was before anyone had thought about giving him Ritalin, he was off the walls and if he'd been on Ritalin, he would've probably finished in a shorter time and that would've also helped his score, I was told.

He attends the same school as his autistic brother, for kids who fall under an umbrella of mental disabilities, but the common denominator is that they don't have any mental retardation. He still scores high academically, their concern is over his emotional sensitivity and other social issues.

Unread 07-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astr0Aries View Post

I found a different thread that was also talking about ADD/ADHD in the birth chart and had a thought while posting that I'd like to share on this thread too. I'm curious if you think there could be anything to my theory. I quote myself,

"I assume you and I are not that far apart in age due to your mention of Uranus/Neptune conjunction, likely in Capricorn, and if that is the case, it means we were both born somewhere around the 1990s. Maybe that aspect itself has something to with it, since it was not previously diagnosed or recognized as anything prior to the generation that has that particular aspect. The Millennials are the generation that possess the Uranus (change/shock/unorthodox) conjunct Neptune (imagination/illusion/perception) which could possibly contribute to the surge of ADD/ADHD diagnoses in our generation.
Quote:
Interestingly, I also have a Jupiter/Saturn hard aspect. In my case, a t-square, with Saturn as the focal point and Uranus as the other point. Since those are generational/social planets, everyone born within a month or two of me has that t-square, so it can't be just that... but for me, the t-square is angular, which would make it more powerful.
__________________________________________________ __________

People in previous generations were diagnosed, just not as frequently, and it wasn't part of the common vocabulary. However, right around the time you were born, there was a sudden surge in ADD/ADHD being recognized. In 1994, when I was 19, I suddenly acquired a name for my difference, through the newly published "Driven to Distraction." That led to my diagnosis the following year. Many others, at all ages, were first diagnosed around that time and in the next few years.

So children like you, who were born with ADD in those years, were much more likely to be diagnosed and medicated, unlike previous generations who were no less ADD. Just like deafness has always existed, but Deaf culture in its modern form has not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbermoon View Post
On a higher level, Uranus relates to the Creative Consciousness, yearning to be expressed through creativity; Neptune relates to mystical, spiritual aims trying to break through to the consciousness. This is fitting since the conjunction is also suggested to bring about an awakening of consciousness, as associated with the Mayan prophecy. Uranus is the accelerator, as you say, 'acting fast to stimulate change or revolutionize the way our minds are naturally structured'.
I want to revisit this about Uranus and Neptune, because I'm studying my life's transits now, and had an aha moment:

While I am not part of the generation born under the Uranus and Neptune conjunction in Capricorn--I'm older by 14-20 years--the widespread recognition of ADD, including the inwardly directed type, came along during that time, and I was diagnosed as the Uranus/Neptune conjunction opposed my natal Saturn from my first house, turning my Saturn/Jupiter/Uranus and MC/IC t-square into a grand cross. My waxing Uranus square, which happens to everyone around age 21, came during that same period, a little earlier than average--I was 19 and 20 during the period of a year and a half or so when Uranus made three passes over the exact square. Neptune followed Uranus, about a year behind in making the first exact aspect.

Makes perfect sense: during that transit, a crucial part of my identity changed, and changed quite suddenly, with instant clarity. Instead of a nameless "something wrong," I had a name for it, and now there were others with the same name.

Just looking over this thread, I see that the posters who were born during that period all have the Uranus/Neptune conjunction in or near a t-square, or square the sun, or both. So, now I'm curious about its role in ADD/ADHD. For those of us born before the conjunction, how many of us were diagnosed during it, or during a key transit of Neptune and/or Uranus to our natal charts, or both? For those born during it, I'm also curious about the timing of the diagnosis. Did it perhaps happen when Uranus and/or Neptune perfected an aspect? If you were diagnosed as a child, this would be a childhood transit.
Unread 07-21-2017, 07:48 PM

On my birth chart, Feb. 15, 1980 - Saturn in 3rd opposite Mercury in 9th and Sun/Moon conjunction in 8th square Uranus in 5th. You could say my autism was predicted by the Mercury/Saturn opposition, as well Saturn conjunct Mars and Jupiter, plus Lilith in 24' vs Saturn in 25' Virgo. The risk of autism increases by Mercury placements, esp. in 1st or 12th (ascendant node) and 9th houses.
Unread 07-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
On my birth chart, Feb. 15, 1980 - Saturn in 3rd opposite Mercury in 9th and Sun/Moon conjunction in 8th square Uranus in 5th. You could say my autism was predicted by the Mercury/Saturn opposition, as well Saturn conjunct Mars and Jupiter, plus Lilith in 24' vs Saturn in 25' Virgo. The risk of autism increases by Mercury placements, esp. in 1st or 12th (ascendant node) and 9th houses.
What does that have to do with ADD/ADHD? This thread is about ADD/ADHD, not autism. If you want to talk about autism specifically, that should be another thread. If you mean to make some connection between autism and ADD/ADHD, please make it clear what connection you're making. If you're not making any connection with ADD/ADHD, your post is off topic.
Unread 07-22-2017, 07:52 AM

I know someone with ADHD with their Mercury in Aries in the 3rd house. They also had an Uranus aspect.
Unread 07-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I know someone with ADHD with their Mercury in Aries in the 3rd house. They also had an Uranus aspect.
A Uranus aspect to Mercury? Or to something else?
Unread 07-22-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
A Uranus aspect to Mercury? Or to something else?
A sextile aspect to Mercury. Uranus was in the first house.
Unread 07-26-2017, 11:21 PM

I definitely feel like I got ADD, I'm not sure what it is but looking at my Mercury in Taurus retrograde in the 12th house. Also my rising in Gemini conjnct moon in 8th and trine Neptune both 0į. I have trouble paying attention, reading, talking, and learning.

Is it because my Mercury and Moon in Cap are weak?
Unread 07-26-2017, 11:48 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbitUnknown View Post
I definitely feel like I got ADD, I'm not sure what it is but looking at my Mercury in Taurus retrograde in the 12th house. Also my rising in Gemini conjnct moon in 8th and trine Neptune both 0į.
Thanks for sharing! I don't quite understand how your chart would look, though. It's impossible for your ascendant to be conjunct anything in the 8th house. The ascendant is the boundary between the 12th and 1st houses, so for a planet to be conjunct your ascendant, it has to be in one of those houses. Do you mean the 12th? Or is it some other aspect that your ascendant makes with your moon? And what sign do you have Neptune at 0 degrees of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbitUnknown View Post
I have trouble paying attention, reading, talking, and learning.

Is it because my Mercury and Moon in Cap are weak?
We're exploring all chart factors, so anything might play a part.

If you're willing to post your whole chart, we could look for other factors.
Unread 07-27-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! I don't quite understand how your chart would look, though. It's impossible for your ascendant to be conjunct anything in the 8th house. The ascendant is the boundary between the 12th and 1st houses, so for a planet to be conjunct your ascendant, it has to be in one of those houses. Do you mean the 12th? Or is it some other aspect that your ascendant makes with your moon? And what sign do you have Neptune at 0 degrees of?

We're exploring all chart factors, so anything might play a part.

If you're willing to post your whole chart, we could look for other factors.
Ohh I meant to say Mercury is aspecting everything I said, when I said ascendant I was referring to Mercury haha. I'll post my chart in the morning. Neptune is in the 8th house as well.
Unread 08-15-2017, 05:28 PM

Hi I'm 25 yrs old, was diagnosed with adhd at 6 yrs. I'm looking to learn more about the influences of adhd and the interchangeable affects from both the planet's and the diagnosis itself. Any help would be tremendous in regards to my path and journey to continuing to understand myself, in both inner and outer worlds, as well as furthering my scope into the knowledge of astrology. Thank you. Won't let me post the link correctly reposted it below hopefully it works for you. Looking forward to any insight thanks!

Last edited by Beowulf91; 08-15-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Unread 08-15-2017, 05:35 PM

https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...14.gif&res=100
Unread 08-15-2017, 10:30 PM

Hi Beowulf91

You have a valid question. I know very little about ADHD, but I found a website that lists symptoms and corresponding planets. Scroll halfway down this page, http://www.angelfire.com/journal/Gre...itDisorder.htm The list identifies a lot of challenging aspects to Neptune and Challenging aspects to Uranus. Uranus and Neptune were conjunct for the first time in eons from the late 80's to the mid 90's. I suspect this has some bearing on the subject.

FYI Dr. Peter Breggin, Psychiatrist, was guest on CoasttoCoastAM.com last night. He warned against the harmful effects of psychotropic drugs prescribed to treat ADHD and other similar disorders. He said that they were not properly vetted or tested before being released into the market, and that doctors were prescribing them without adequate diagnosis, and too many patients had serious adverse reactions to them. His website: https://breggin.com/

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Unread 10-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Smile Re: ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

I'm not sure what aspects are associated with ADHD (unfortunately my focus is terrible and I'm classically procrastinating to boot), but I can post my chart. Hopefully it works.

Unread 10-02-2018, 02:02 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrjw View Post
I'm not sure what aspects are associated with ADHD (unfortunately my focus is terrible and I'm classically procrastinating to boot), but I can post my chart. Hopefully it works.
No hard and fast rules on what aspects are associated with ADHD. We're posting our charts here to find out.

Looks like you have the moon in a t-square and Uranus with your sun (wide orb conjunction in your case). Moon in a complex aspect, usually a t-square, and some connection between the sun and Uranus seems to be the most common theme.

I think your fifth house stellium, which includes Uranus, may also be a factor. The fifth house is the most creative and spontaneous house. Like a person with ADD, the fifth house is where you simply won't focus or accomplish anything if it's not something you really want to do, but you will if you are doing something you truly enjoy. Not all of us have a house packed, but I would expect that if any of us do, it may be the fifth more often than not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
joyrjw (10-02-2018)
Unread 10-02-2018, 05:14 AM

I don't know what adhd is: its symptoms, causes, effects on the life.

But here are some things I notice in your chart.

First (because it's at the Asc, which is "the beginning" of anything and thus 1st)...Your Asc is in the last degree of Gemini, a "mental--nervous system sign. The last degree of any sign often suggests "trouble" in some form. Gemini is restless, flighty, volatile.

Mercury rules the horoscope (the Asc). He lacks only 3' of arc from being in the last degree of Scorpio; he is quincunx the Asc. Imbalance. In a sense a war against the self.

Further, Mercury is highly inflamed; overheated? He is Combust, plus in conjunction with a powerful but also combust Mars, who is in partile opposition to Expansive Jupiter, who may blow things out of proportion.

Scorpio either likes something or does not; no middle ground. Intense, unforgiving, bound by feelings. The 5th shows how we resist outside influence, go our own way despite pressures to change or do something contrary to our own true desires. Mars is conflictive, combative, irrascible.

Add all this up. Does it begin to look like you feel?

Last edited by greybeard; 10-02-2018 at 05:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
joyrjw (10-02-2018)
Unread 10-02-2018, 04:55 PM

Smile Re: ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

Quote:
No hard and fast rules on what aspects are associated with ADHD. We're posting our charts here to find out.

Looks like you have the moon in a t-square and Uranus with your sun (wide orb conjunction in your case). Moon in a complex aspect, usually a t-square, and some connection between the sun and Uranus seems to be the most common theme.

I think your fifth house stellium, which includes Uranus, may also be a factor. The fifth house is the most creative and spontaneous house. Like a person with ADD, the fifth house is where you simply won't focus or accomplish anything if it's not something you really want to do, but you will if you are doing something you truly enjoy. Not all of us have a house packed, but I would expect that if any of us do, it may be the fifth more often than not.
I definitely could see how a T-Square and/or the 5th house might make difference especially with the moon involved or maybe Neptune(?) Though I'm not familiar with the trends involved as I only just started looking into this.

My oldest sister has her sun and mars in the 5th house (capricorn) and she potentially has ADHD,she also has a pisces moon and leo rising... her sun, mercury, mars and MC all form trines to uranus... so I could see how uranus could play a strong part in it. :-) My nephew (her son) was diagnosed with ADHD at a very young age, though he may also have autism.

Do you think perhaps neptune/moon and/or a moon/uranus aspect would cause problems with focus/daydreaming? I read somewhere that moon in 3rd house needs change... I was thinking about it and I have predominantly inattentive type, though I definitely have some impulsive and fidgety tendencies. I daydream and my mind get's foggy and wanders a lot.... so perhaps the lack of focus component (?) just a theory.

Anyway, this is a really neat post. I find it very interesting and appreciate that it was created. ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to joyrjw For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (10-02-2018)
Unread 10-02-2018, 05:21 PM

Thumbs up Re: ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I don't know what adhd is: its symptoms, causes, effects on the life.

But here are some things I notice in your chart.

First (because it's at the Asc, which is "the beginning" of anything and thus 1st)...Your Asc is in the last degree of Gemini, a "mental--nervous system sign. The last degree of any sign often suggests "trouble" in some form. Gemini is restless, flighty, volatile.

Mercury rules the horoscope (the Asc). He lacks only 3' of arc from being in the last degree of Scorpio; he is quincunx the Asc. Imbalance. In a sense a war against the self.

Further, Mercury is highly inflamed; overheated? He is Combust, plus in conjunction with a powerful but also combust Mars, who is in partile opposition to Expansive Jupiter, who may blow things out of proportion.

Scorpio either likes something or does not; no middle ground. Intense, unforgiving, bound by feelings. The 5th shows how we resist outside influence, go our own way despite pressures to change or do something contrary to our own true desires. Mars is conflictive, combative, irrascible.

Add all this up. Does it begin to look like you feel?
Hello greybeard, please excuse me for being mentally vague, but I'm not sure if you're writing to me or not. If so,in response to what you're saying...

I have social anxiety as well as general anxiety and I can get restless when bored, have cabin fever, am in a long line, inside too long ... yes... but I notice when medicated both types are greatly reduced if not totally under control.

As for resisting change from outside influence, I usually am overly accommodating.

Though I don't appreciate people trying to boss me around or lord over me because they feel superior to me in some way. I already feel bad enough about myself as is.

I used to have a lot of trouble telling people no, but I have worked on not being a doormat...

I can be argumentative and sometimes over react too, something I dislike about myself .... generally I will do whatever I can to avoid any negative interactions... I truly hate conflict.

Now, something like a fun playful verbal sparring, or physical/ verbal game is different and usually leads to happy feelings... I can deal with that type of "conflict"

If that was TMI, I apologize.
Unread 10-02-2018, 09:21 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
I'm not sure what aspects are associated with ADHD.
Quote:
I don't know what adhd is
Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder.

I just want to add that, apart from afflictions from/between Moon-Mercury-Saturn-Uranus, harsh Mars (activity)-Jupiter (hyper) have been observed to play a role in cases of ADHD.
The chart shows such afflictions, with Mercury, ruler Asc.(constitution) conjunct Mars to Jupiter opposition.

I work with the Placidus house system, which places the Scorpio stellium in the 6th house, with Mercury semi-square (predisposition towards dis-order) Pluto.
Unread 10-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrjw View Post
Do you think perhaps neptune/moon and/or a moon/uranus aspect would cause problems with focus/daydreaming? I read somewhere that moon in 3rd house needs change... I was thinking about it and I have predominantly inattentive type, though I definitely have some impulsive and fidgety tendencies. I daydream and my mind get's foggy and wanders a lot.... so perhaps the lack of focus component (?) just a theory.
Maybe. I'm predominantly inattentive, too, and I have a Neptune/Moon conjunction. Wide orb, but there. And it squares my Venus/Mercury conjunction. Neptune forms a much tighter square to those planets than the moon does.

So, while I have Mercury in Virgo--you would think that would make me organized, and trine my ascendant, too--that powerful square from Neptune seems to have other ideas....
Unread 10-03-2018, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Maybe. I'm predominantly inattentive, too, and I have a Neptune/Moon conjunction. Wide orb, but there. And it squares my Venus/Mercury conjunction. Neptune forms a much tighter square to those planets than the moon does.

So, while I have Mercury in Virgo--you would think that would make me organized, and trine my ascendant, too--that powerful square from Neptune seems to have other ideas....
I also have Merc in Virgo, mine is conjunct my ascendant. Still, apparently thatís no match for my Neptune square mercury. I am in a science field so I know I have some kind of mental organization but my natural state is a chaotic midden.
Unread 10-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
I also have Merc in Virgo, mine is conjunct my ascendant. Still, apparently thatís no match for my Neptune square mercury. I am in a science field so I know I have some kind of mental organization but my natural state is a chaotic midden.
And have you been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD? Or do you believe the diagnosis would fit you?
Unread 10-03-2018, 12:53 AM

I never have been but Iím pretty sure I would be. Iím pretty stubborn about no meds and have resisted a diagnosis but Iím wondering if it would enhance my life to look into it.
Unread 10-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
I never have been but Iím pretty sure I would be. Iím pretty stubborn about no meds and have resisted a diagnosis but Iím wondering if it would enhance my life to look into it.
Your call.

I'm pretty stubborn about meds, too--don't take them currently--but for me, it was very validating to get the diagnosis. If you want the validation, it's worth pursuing. And if you are diagnosed, you qualify for disability accommodations in jobs or school--extended time on tests, a less distracting work space, that kind of thing. Depending on your situation, you may or may not need that.

Interesting that Mercury seems to be a key player for so many. Now I want to look back over the previously posted charts and see if there's something Mercury is pretty much always doing.
Unread 10-03-2018, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Your call.

I'm pretty stubborn about meds, too--don't take them currently--but for me, it was very validating to get the diagnosis. If you want the validation, it's worth pursuing. And if you are diagnosed, you qualify for disability accommodations in jobs or school--extended time on tests, a less distracting work space, that kind of thing. Depending on your situation, you may or may not need that.

Interesting that Mercury seems to be a key player for so many. Now I want to look back over the previously posted charts and see if there's something Mercury is pretty much always doing.
I know that Neptune square mercury (especially if angular) pretty much means you will not be neuronormative. Not sure if it applies specifically to add/adhd but itís probably under the umbrella there along with the autism spectrum.

Tags
add or adhd, charts, natal