Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 03-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 7,083
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
It's cool that you can time events with horary charts. That's something I want to learn how to do.
All you need to know is that the horary chart is static like a natal chart so will accept transits.

__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 03-04-2021, 09:38 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 03-06-2021, 11:27 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,122
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Hello. I asked this question using horary. I really like my boss but am not sure how he feels about me. So I cast a chart, please see attached.

Signifier of first house (which is me) conjunct that of the 7th (which is him), so I guess this is a good sign? However they are both found in the 12th house, the house of misfortune and all things hidden and bad. Not sure whether this outweighs the conjunction. Moon is badly placed too, in Scorpio.

Can someone try and read the chart please? Thanks.
yes, he likes you. Sun, represents him as a man, is in the 1st house. He is sexually attracted to you and it's strong. And Venus exalted and combust, shows you as a woman, being overpowered by his charms.

but your main significators are Mercury and Jupiter, making a conjunction in 12th house, yes he is represented by 7th house and it's ruler. this is a relationship question, not a job question.

12th house means something hidden, so more than likely a hidden relationship. So I think it may not develop into a full blown relationship, but hidden, or short term. This is all about lust here, not love unfortunately. Moon is also trine Sun, the part that is attracted to you in physical sense.

Mercury, his thinking side, has no reception with Jupiter. Mercury is also in detriment of sun, I think he is trying to rationalise his attraction and rejecting it. if he is your boss, there is an expectation for him to not get involved with staff.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 03-06-2021, 01:05 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Thanks for the analysis!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 03-06-2021, 01:20 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Two questions though:

Why is my boss represented by the Sun by not Mercury? He is represented by the 7th house so he should be represented by Mercury, right?

And can you tell me what you meant by mercury not having reception with Jupiter?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 03-06-2021, 02:30 PM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Two questions though:

Why is my boss represented by the Sun by not Mercury? He is represented by the 7th house so he should be represented by Mercury, right?

And can you tell me what you meant by mercury not having reception with Jupiter?

Thanks.
Sun is secondary significator for the male in a relationship chart. Sun is the man, Venus is secondary significator for the female in relationship chart.

Main significator is still Mercury, it represents him as an individual. Sun is him as a man.

Receptions. Check out skyscript website horary section. It will explain much better than I’ll do here. Here is a table of essential dignities. It is advanced horary. Receptions tell you if someone is open to you or negative towards. It shows inclination to act with regards to planets strength based on dignity. E.g mercury in aqua in night chart, then you find the receptions based on mercury degree placement. Check the website to learn more
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 03-06-2021, 03:35 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Very interesting!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 03-06-2021, 06:40 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Actually one more question if you don't mind:

What does Venus being in the 1st house mean? You said that the Sun being in the 1st house means he is interested in me. And venus represents me, so when it's in the 1st house, does that mean I love myself? Also, the fact it conjuncts the ascendant exactly makes me think that it's very significant. Plus it's exalted, which means it's very powerful.

Also I have been thinking about Moon (co-significator of the chart) trining him (the sun). Since the moon represents the whole chart, does the fact that she aspects him mean that my manager thinks about it, too?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 03-06-2021, 11:28 PM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Actually one more question if you don't mind:

What does Venus being in the 1st house mean? You said that the Sun being in the 1st house means he is interested in me. And venus represents me, so when it's in the 1st house, does that mean I love myself? Also, the fact it conjuncts the ascendant exactly makes me think that it's very significant. Plus it's exalted, which means it's very powerful.

Also I have been thinking about Moon (co-significator of the chart) trining him (the sun). Since the moon represents the whole chart, does the fact that she aspects him mean that my manager thinks about it, too?

Thanks.
With exalted Venus on Asc that’s positive as it’s the lesser benefic. However Venus is actually debilitated as it’s approaching combustion. Venus becomes hidden. Venus representing you as a woman and also love in general. In context of the question, Venus combust shows how you feel overpowered by the man ( Sun, your boss). I think there is strong physical attraction between you and he is drawn to you as a woman. I do think being that Venus is right on Asc, emphasis you in someway. Probably makes you more attractive, you place more attention to your outer appearance. Men in general would be more drawn to you. Sun has reception towards Jupiter and Venus, placed in your 1st house- his man side is completely into you. But the thinking part ( mercury) is not in agreement with the man ( Sun) part. There most likely is an internal conflict within him. You said he’s been cold and aloof, this might be the reason.

I’m not sure what you mean by Moon trine Sun and your boss thinks about? Moon trine Sun is positive. But as I said Sun is secondary significator. We want the main significators to tell us about long term potential. Secondary significators explain someone’s interest. Your question was about his interest in you, not really about relationship. Despite this, mercury and Jupiter tell us a story. They are in 12th, house of hidden matters. They do conjunct. There is something secretive going on. So I do think there is some development here, most likely a hidden relationship. I doubt it being anything substantial at this point.

What ages are you both? I think you mentioned you work in a restaurant? Would there be consequences if you got into a relationship with your boss?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
VenusInFurs (03-07-2021)
  #35  
Unread 03-07-2021, 05:31 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Thanks for the detailed response, sir/madam.

To answer your questions:

I am 41 years old and he is 38. And yes we work at a restaurant. I am not sure whether there would be a consequence or not, if we got together. I never asked. But like someone else said, any type of workplace romance is a bad idea because if people find out, they might think that there is favourtism going on. Like maybe they think I am doing a terrible job but he keeps me around anyway cause we are dating. That sort of things.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 03-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Kfmiz6 Kfmiz6 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I'd like to know myself as I'm not seeing anything significant on march the 10th for you to be reaching out to him. Albeit there is a New moon at 22° Pisces on the 13th March but still nothing.

Early April is another New Moon at 22° Aries but once again nothing significant with regards to this chart.
Their sigs Mercury and Jupiter meets in 3°,there will be some kind of contact between them in 3 weeks, maybe 3 months as there is lust between them, her Venus is coming closer to his Sun, means she doesn't stop liking him,on the contrary her feelings will grow stronger towards him. his Sun is in the middle of pieces, means he ll continue to be sexually attracted to her. There is no change in their feelings in the near future. And if she wants to ask him out, she ll do it eventually. It ll be hard to resist.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 03-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Kfmiz6 Kfmiz6 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Thanks for the detailed response, sir/madam.

To answer your questions:

I am 41 years old and he is 38. And yes we work at a restaurant. I am not sure whether there would be a consequence or not, if we got together. I never asked. But like someone else said, any type of workplace romance is a bad idea because if people find out, they might think that there is favourtism going on. Like maybe they think I am doing a terrible job but he keeps me around anyway cause we are dating. That sort of things.
If you ve been doing a good job so far why all of a sudden you ll start doing it terribly when you start dating him.
The things might not work for you and him in the long term - thats the fear you might have, but you still will have to work together and see each other daily and so on... People fall in and fall out
Workplace romances are not a rare occurrence anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 03-09-2021, 03:07 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmiz6 View Post
Their sigs Mercury and Jupiter meets in 3°,there will be some kind of contact between them in 3 weeks, maybe 3 months as there is lust between them, her Venus is coming closer to his Sun, means she doesn't stop liking him,on the contrary her feelings will grow stronger towards him. his Sun is in the middle of pieces, means he ll continue to be sexually attracted to her. There is no change in their feelings in the near future. And if she wants to ask him out, she ll do it eventually. It ll be hard to resist.
This is very true.

Last time we worked, there was progress. He actually initiated conversation with me. We didn't talk about anything sexy, we just talked about computer games but the whole thing just really injected me with optimism. It showed that he was willing to talk to me on a more personal level. It wasn't, "what's the color of your underwear", but I'll take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmiz6 View Post
If you ve been doing a good job so far why all of a sudden you ll start doing it terribly when you start dating him.
This actually makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
The things might not work for you and him in the long term - thats the fear you might have,
Fear? I don't think I have any fear. What do you mean by that? And why you say things might now work for us in the long run?
Quote:
Workplace romances are not a rare occurrence anyway.
Quite true. I read somewhere that place of work is where some 30% of people found their romantic partner.

Last edited by wan; 03-09-2021 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 03-12-2021, 06:26 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Update:

I am working with my manager tomorrow. I think that I will present him with this tiny bottle of shampoo tomorrow as a gift. It's one of those complimentary things you get when you stay at a hotel. It doesn't cost anything, however it shows that he is in my thoughts. This will be the perfect gift. He gonna love it.

Last edited by wan; 03-12-2021 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 03-21-2021, 02:27 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Worked with manager yesterday, and he was both cute and hot at the same time. I got so nervous around him, I acted like a fool. I like him so much, even though the stars tell me no.

And I keep having these sexy thoughts about him, lol.

Last edited by wan; 03-21-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 03-30-2021, 02:12 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Final update:

I came on to my manager, and he flat out told me I wasn't his type. So, this marks the end of this, does my manager like me saga. I am going to wait a few days, then tell him I am quitting. I know the timing is suspect, he will know that I am quitting because he rejected me. But I don't care.

Btw, horary is a load of ****, because the chart was telling me that he was strongly attracted to me.

God I feel like both dying and crying at the same time.

Last edited by wan; 03-30-2021 at 03:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 03-30-2021, 02:44 AM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,743
Re: Does my manager like me?

I am so sorry you feel like cr*p, Wan. I will just tell you that there are *many* other things to be than a man's "type." A man can like you and you not be his type. It doesn't really doesn't mean there is anything wrong with *anything*, especially you.
There is nothing wrong with you.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 03-30-2021 at 02:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 03-30-2021, 02:45 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Thank you Ilene. Your words are very healing.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 03-30-2021, 04:17 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,787
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Final update:

I came on to my manager, and he flat out told me I wasn't his type. So, this marks the end of this, does my manager like me saga. I am going to wait a few days, then tell him I am quitting. I know the timing is suspect, he will know that I am quitting because he rejected me. But I don't care.

Btw, horary is a load of ****, because the chart was telling me that he was strongly attracted to me.

God I feel like both dying and crying at the same time.
In relationship horaries, reception is key. The chart shows no mutual reception between your significator (Mo) and his significator (Ju). In fact, the chart doesn't even show mixed receptions between your significators. That's all you need to know, basically. Never mind the aspects or house placements.

So I don't think horary is to blame here. What's to blame here are horary techniques that rely on multiple significators for both parties. As a rule of thumb, the more significators you use, the more you run the risk of getting false positives. Which seems to have happened here. So this is a great horary example.

Anyway, thanks for updating. And all the best to you! (I think everyone can understand that this was the worst case scenario for you and that your first impulse would be to run. But if you can stomach it, I'd suggest to give it a day and think it over. Maybe take a day off, just being by yourself, alone, and take the time to reassess your situation. You see, you seemed to have rushed into this, now you want to rush out of this again, so maybe rushing things isn't such a good idea, especially when it comes to work and relationships. As with the chart, somehow you must have overlooked something that should have given you a clue of what was actually going on...)
__________________
“Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.” ― J.P. Morgan
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 03-30-2021, 04:44 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Thanks Mucha, for the very level-headed advice. However, I am afraid it's too late to do anything now. I already told him I am quitting.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 03-30-2021, 08:02 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,121
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Thanks Mucha, for the very level-headed advice. However, I am afraid it's too late to do anything now. I already told him I am quitting.
What was his reaction to you quitting? A fresh start sounds good. It would be awkward af.
__________________
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious" - Carl Jung
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 03-30-2021, 09:15 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

That's what I think too, Pooh. And I think he was very relieved to hear that I am quitting.

Last edited by wan; 03-30-2021 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 03-30-2021, 09:18 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,121
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
That's what I thought too, Pooh. And I think he was very relieved to hear that I am quitting.
You lived by the sword and died by the sword.
__________________
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious" - Carl Jung
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 03-30-2021, 09:38 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,686
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
You lived by the sword and died by the sword.
I must say that I am very intrigued by you, Pooh. You have this poetic thing going on. I can't believe someone like you has trouble with men. Can I see a picture of you? I am genuinely curious. And don't worry, I am not hitting on you. I am straight.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 03-30-2021, 09:42 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,787
Re: Does my manager like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Thanks Mucha, for the very level-headed advice. However, I am afraid it's too late to do anything now. I already told him I am quitting.
Okay, I see. Maybe it's for the best. SN in H10 (whole sign) doesn't bode well in any case.
__________________
“Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.” ― J.P. Morgan
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to muchacho For This Useful Post:
wan (03-30-2021)
Reply

Tags
manager

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.