Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 09-25-2020, 05:21 AM

Re: Are you a loner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdteenth View Post
Hello Harmelia 😊 That is fascinating that Saturn in the first house can manifest into less activity later in life for natives as well. Thank you for the information and sharing your testimony as a Saturn in the first house native. However, it is a no to your question. In the case of my elder sister, she has always been active but she was never a person to indulge in reckless activity of course. She has always been moderate and cautious of her actions. That never changed when she got older. The responsibilities for her has actually increased (which she handles really well, even during this unfortunate pandemic) and those responsibilities has made her even more active (outwardly) than before but an active participant in her children’s life. Again, I would like to say her activity is tied to a very traditional community and that community in turn is active with her own internal life. That is where the socially open and awareness to the external world comes into play for her. Mars is exalted in her first with a Sagittarius rising so, yes that could be having a shift on how Saturn (in Capricorn at that) is manifesting in her birth chart (She is in her 30s right now, so that could change possibly☺️ but given her Saturn is in Capricorn I wouldn’t expect for it to change much).

As for my mother, it is similar to my elder sister’s activeness but I do find that when she happens to go into a hermit (not entirely) mode that her focus is towards her beliefs and doctrines. Studying and reading a lot on it. Also that she has grown to be more cautious than beforehand. Besides that, it is still the same. My mother does have an Aries rising though and her mars is in conjunction to the first house, so again that can be having an affect on how Saturn is manifesting in her birth chart.

Again thank you for sharing and asking that question. I am learning so much☺️
I know someone with a Saturn first. Also Mercury first.

They seem to love work, but are also more likely to put up with the expense like their health, emotional wellbeing, etc. as they find self-discipline and not complaining an important concept in their values.

I find whatever Saturn touches takes away things at the expense of you or others.

Unread 09-25-2020, 06:06 AM

I wonder what CT does for a living. He said 2nd/8th house axis. I bet it's insurance or actuary-related.
Unread 09-25-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Do you feel it takes on a new meaning with the third house?
Hard to say, since a lot of the same influences are still operative in that area of the chart. A 3rd house Moon would be classified as being in it's joy, and would emphasize 3rd house outcomes. Restlessness/constant movement of location and adroit maneuvering in everyday life, the interest in unorthodox spirituality,relative comfort with writing/communication (and purported talent inherited from the maternal side), and the quality of lower school educational experience seem to point to the Moon in 3rd. I didn't have development disorders that impaired learning, or insecurities around my mental/speaking ability. I was generally uncommunicative growing up, but that felt more like a choice instead of an affliction. Merc would also be in joy in whole signs, and would underline some of these traits.

I do have a brother with Autism, and another brother of mine died as a result of being born prematurely with undeveloped lungs. Two of my brothers have Sun-Saturn conj. and the deceased one had a Capricorn stellium. Saturn seems to have had a strong, afflicting effect on "brothers", hence why the Placidus placement is compelling to me. Ironically, the two surviving brothers have Moon in places of essential dignity so that would bring to bare an underlying lunar influence.

Other things as well, but I'll stop there.

It's why I like to focus on timing techniques, which materializes the differences through events. Then I see in real time which planets are active during which experiences, which informs me on how my chart works.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 09-25-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Unread 09-25-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
I know someone with a Saturn first. Also Mercury first.

They seem to love work, but are also more likely to put up with the expense like their health, emotional wellbeing, etc. as they find self-discipline and not complaining an important concept in their values.

I find whatever Saturn touches takes away things at the expense of you or others.
Hello That is a keen observation. I do have a question. If you don’t mind that I ask.

Is it an occupation that they happen to find fulfilling and gratifying? Because I find it difficult to completely believe that someone would enjoy or even love working in general unless there is a goal or a mission they are trying to complete. A task that they would like to have done or at least something obtained in the end. It could be for money, clothes, cars, admiration, status, friends, a enormous home, happiness, success, peace or stability. However, unless it is a occupation or hobby or whatever the activity that brings a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment then it cannot be just a love for work. Especially for a planet like Saturn. I’ve come to this conclusion because from what I would seen from those that have this placement and how they interact in a environment that would require a form of work. They admittedly go forth with the task at hand but I don’t feel it is because they “like it” but more so because they feel that they are the only ones who has that ability to actually get it done and get it done well (which is very admirable I must say so myself). Also, I noticed that when people are around someone with Saturn in the first house then they allow for them to do the task at hand. It almost like...people become or just look lazy a bit near the Saturn in the first house native because I how so much they can do and they know this. They are aware of this. From what I’ve seen. It could be different for others experiences.

I do agree though, they do put there health, feelings, and pain aside to the work that they do. Which I do feel like could cause for them to get taken advantage of.

I’m really enjoying this How everyone is sharing their observations and testimonials. Quite a fun way to learn I must say.

Last edited by Thirdteenth; 09-25-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Unread 01-14-2021, 07:25 PM

I am, but not entirely by choice. Excluding casual acquaintances, I have no friends. I also don't have very personal relationships with my family. I have two lovers with whom I'm extremely close, and they're basically the only people in my life.
Astrologically speaking, what caused this is a complicated question. On one hand, it doesn't remotely serve the needs of my Moon or Ascendant, and I feel that acutely. Part of the issue is definitely in the simple fact that my Sun is not a socializer. I don't like most people and most people don't like me. The prospect itself of socializing is exhausting and anxiety-inducing, even if I rationally understand that it's better for me in the longrun. Nature is a *****.

Tags
loner