Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 08-15-2016, 04:30 PM

The planets don't influence you

I just came across this quote from Bashar and I thought many here may find that interesting, so I'll share it here:

Quote:
"When you crystallize yourself, your consciousness, into physical reality you are certainly taking on the qualities of the particular moment of crystallized physical reality that is representative of what is going on at that moment of birth. You are solidifying and crystallizing certain kinds of ideas that are representative of your theme of exploration and your relationship in the collective agreement. So the planets in the sense that you are talking about astrologically are a reflection - and for those that are intuitive enough to use that particular permission slip in a certain way, they can see how the reflections might be representative of certain energies and themes that you've decided to explore and how they might be unfolding. But remember, it's just a permission slip. It's just a reflection. The planets don't influence you, they reflect what you've already chosen. They reveal you. They are a reflection like anything else."

- Bashar
Andrea_ (08-31-2016), haidee (08-18-2016), Julia Karmic Astrology (08-16-2016), katydid (08-17-2016), Solartryptamine (09-15-2016), Sweet Pea (08-19-2016), tessfreq (08-19-2016)
Unread 08-16-2016, 03:09 PM

Re: The planets don't influence you

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
I just came across this quote from Bashar and I thought many here may find that interesting, so I'll share it here:
It is quite likely that the relationship between the stars and humans is bi-directional.
That is, the cosmos influences us, but we in turn influence the cosmos.
Everything is connected, everything part of a whole.

Unfortunately humans have not quite understood this, and tend to think of themselves as helpless victims of the stars. This is simply not true.

Julia
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
anjelik (08-31-2016), Cinnamon sky (08-20-2016), Solartryptamine (09-15-2016), Sweet Pea (08-19-2016)
Unread 08-17-2016, 02:24 PM

Yes, I agree. We are not helpless victims. But it takes a certain level of conscious awareness to realize that.

I would say it's mostly a question of identity, of how we define ourselves. And depending on that definition we will find different explanations more or less appealing. Someone who has experienced unity consciousness will have no problem with Bashar's explanation. While someone who experiences himself as the mere mortal biological being as science describes it, will find the Bashar explanation laughable.
Julia Karmic Astrology (08-17-2016)
Unread 08-17-2016, 09:58 PM

An interesting quote, Muchacho!

I'd put it slightly differently, that souls incarnate with particular teaching and learning goals in mind. In order to pursue their goals, souls have to choose a particular time, place, and set of circumstances with which to incarnate. Among those circumstances will be challenges and assets.

This is what the chart shows us.

Are you familiar with the Jane Roberts Seth books? Seth was supposedly a disincarnate entity channelled by Roberts while she was in a trance state. Even if the metaphysics in these books is entirely her own, they are still remarkable. One major theme is that people choose their own reality, and that our thoughts of reality then manifest in seemingly material circumstances.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (08-18-2016), Solartryptamine (09-15-2016)
Unread 08-18-2016, 03:11 AM

I don't know, for example almost every Taurus I've met is hard-working, meticulous, sensual and super shallow, cool/laid back, and somewhat b**chy as well as passive aggressive. I don't think it's accurate to say the planets have no influence. The moon is well known to have an effect just ask any ER or police station on a full moon. The earth itself influences people with its energy. Why would the planets be any different?
Unread 08-18-2016, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
An interesting quote, Muchacho!

I'd put it slightly differently, that souls incarnate with particular teaching and learning goals in mind. In order to pursue their goals, souls have to choose a particular time, place, and set of circumstances with which to incarnate. Among those circumstances will be challenges and assets.

This is what the chart shows us.

Are you familiar with the Jane Roberts Seth books? Seth was supposedly a disincarnate entity channelled by Roberts while she was in a trance state. Even if the metaphysics in these books is entirely her own, they are still remarkable. One major theme is that people choose their own reality, and that our thoughts of reality then manifest in seemingly material circumstances.
Yes, I'm familiar with the Seth material. According to Seth, what incarnates are fragments of an entity (or soul) and all these incarnations are happening simultaneously and are experienced simultaneously on the entity level, which kinda destroys the popular concept of karma.

I've got some interesting quotes from Seth about astrology, too. I'll post some at a later time.
Unread 08-18-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm familiar with the Seth material. According to Seth, what incarnates are fragments of an entity (or soul) and all these incarnations are happening simultaneously and are experienced simultaneously on the entity level, which kinda destroys the popular concept of karma.

I've got some interesting quotes from Seth about astrology, too. I'll post some at a later time.
I love the Seth material, and would be very interested in the references to astrology!

I see Seth's comments about simultaneous lifetimes as quite consistent with current karmic thought. Many of us no longer believe in the idea of sequential single lifetimes. Time is certainly not linear nor chronological. I have conducted a number of past life regressions, and it is apparent that souls are fragmented and time is fluid, circular or spiral. And everything is probably happening now. That is why healing a past life heals us in the present and future lives.

Very interesting discussion! Thank you.

Julia
The Following User Says Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
Solartryptamine (09-15-2016)
Unread 09-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I agree. We are not helpless victims. But it takes a certain level of conscious awareness to realize that.

I would say it's mostly a question of identity, of how we define ourselves.
i'd extend this statement to *if* we define ourselves see my sig notes on epistemology...

..it's difficult to perceive anything if we already have our minds made up about it, and amazingly, if reading cosmology theories on the internet and picking the one you like the most, connects more than experiencing autonomous consciousness, then, one's self definition will always be fallible to where it was sourced.

(..i like the "reflect not influence" concept, if one considers that mirrors may be distorted, tilted at an angle and such.. imo the same thoughts can be applied to any experiential stigma, if planets, why not crickets.)
Unread 09-02-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraleader View Post
i'd extend this statement to *if* we define ourselves see my sig notes on epistemology...

..it's difficult to perceive anything if we already have our minds made up about it, and amazingly, if reading cosmology theories on the internet and picking the one you like the most, connects more than experiencing autonomous consciousness, then, one's self definition will always be fallible to where it was sourced.

(..i like the "reflect not influence" concept, if one considers that mirrors may be distorted, tilted at an angle and such.. imo the same thoughts can be applied to any experiential stigma, if planets, why not crickets.)
Yo noraleader ! Where had you been ? 😃
The Following User Says Thank You to RaRohini For This Useful Post:
noraleader (09-02-2016)
Unread 09-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Banned

only dropping in to add a minor note to another thread too busy for this field atm. tbh my posts linked in sig are really all i got worth saying anyway

hoping that people will continue to use these informations to validate and empower themselves and not their fave pet "superjugate" authorities as a species, rallying around leaders is so last century... folks spare a thought and a comment for west papua and all..
Unread 09-12-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraleader View Post

Sure, but in order to function properly in society, you have to act as a person, i.e. you need an ego and an identity.
Unread 08-19-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
I really love this thought. In a way, the soul has already crystallised our physical reality before birth and we are actually just living it out ..and navigating it. Like a video game.
The Following User Says Thank You to RaRohini For This Useful Post:
tessfreq (08-19-2016)
Unread 08-19-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRohini View Post
I really love this thought. In a way, the soul has already crystallised our physical reality before birth and we are actually just living it out ..and navigating it. Like a video game.
Yeah, Abraham-Hicks compare it to a vacation. You've read your travel guide, chosen your itinerary and then off you go. But the destinations on your list are not mandatory. You can change your itinerary any time or even call off the entire vacation any time and go home.
Unread 08-31-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Abraham-Hicks compare it to a vacation. You've read your travel guide, chosen your itinerary and then off you go. But the destinations on your list are not mandatory. You can change your itinerary any time or even call off the entire vacation any time and go home.
Well stated!

The only thing I would disagree with is calling incarnations on Earth a "vacation".
Not true from most of us. Earth is a tough school.

Julia
Unread 09-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Well stated!

The only thing I would disagree with is calling incarnations on Earth a "vacation".
Not true from most of us. Earth is a tough school.

Julia
Yeah, I think that's the main difference between Seth and Abraham-Hicks. The A-H focus is usually more on the moment we arrive here, prior to socialization. And so the outlook is definitely more optimistic, playful and empowering.
Julia Karmic Astrology (09-12-2016)
Unread 09-12-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's the main difference between Seth and Abraham-Hicks. The A-H focus is usually more on the moment we arrive here, prior to socialization. And so the outlook is definitely more optimistic, playful and empowering.
I like the bolded part. This is how the other side operates.
Discarnate beings who have passed over report this kind of environment in what we call Heaven. The beings there are not somber; they are upbeat, great sense of humor, joke around, and are quite empowering. So I agree totally with this description as something that we are meant to be on earth as well.

Julia
Unread 08-31-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRohini View Post
I had not thought about this analogy, but yes to some extent this fits.
Unread 09-01-2016, 01:46 AM

Last edited by Astro7; 02-25-2017 at 08:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Astro7 For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (09-01-2016)
Unread 09-01-2016, 02:27 AM

I've always thought that when you look at your natal chart it's like looking into a pool of water for the first time.
Julia Karmic Astrology (09-01-2016)
Unread 09-01-2016, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I've always thought that when you look at your natal chart it's like looking into a pool of water for the first time.
An interesting metaphor. I compare looking at a horoscope like looking under the hood of a car.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Alkaid (09-01-2016), Julia Karmic Astrology (09-01-2016)
Unread 09-01-2016, 03:25 AM

Quote:
An interesting metaphor. I compare looking at a horoscope like looking under the hood of a car.
Lul, my metaphor is better

BTW, way bread. Weren't you a teacher?? Would you ever want to grade my english essays :3? You're really good at pointing out my flaws and I'm taking kind of a hard english class, so I was just wondering.

Last edited by AppLeo; 09-01-2016 at 03:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-01-2016)
Unread 09-01-2016, 05:36 AM

AppLeo, I'm not quite up for grading papers, but you can PM me about anything particular tough. Only problem, is that my field wasn't English composition.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 09-01-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

I've always thought that when you look at your natal chart
it's like looking into a pool of water for the first time.

makes sense
water reflects

Quote:

An interesting metaphor.
I compare looking at a horoscope like looking under the hood of a car.

mechanic reparis stuff
It's all perspective
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (09-01-2016)
Unread 09-01-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
It feels more like this for me.
Opening up something and examining the situation carefully.

When I am seeing a chart for the first time, I feel like I am in a huge room,
walking around, looking, examining, picking up things, putting them down.
Wandering around looking for clues and pieces of a puzzle. I am trying to put
things together and make sense of it. Hoping to put pieces together to make a coherent whole.
There is so much data in a chart it can feel overwhelming at first, but then it all starts
to fall into place.

Julia
Unread 09-01-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro7 View Post
This reminds me of something I've heard and thought about in the past regarding astrology. Most people seem to think that Astrology is about the STARS having INFLUENCE ON US, when in reality I think it is much more likely that the stars and planets may possibly be merely a PARALLEL to what is going on in the universe at any given moment, but the massive objects themselves are NOT THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL INFLUENCERS - if that makes sense.

What I'm saying is that essentially people think the planets themselves are the ones making events happen, but I'm saying that the planets and their positions are simply the visual representation - a map if you will - of how different energies are currently interacting and exerting force in the universe - so it is a visual guide - not that the actual gravitational force of each specific planet is having a physical effect on humans from Earth.

CAPS for EMPHASIS lol.
Astro,

Thank you for posting your idea which is intriguing, makes sense, and answers questions. I agree that the planets in our solar system are not acting in isolation. They are connected to the rest of the universe. And perhaps they are just receivers for cosmic energy.

Julia

Tags
influence, planets