DISCUSSION of: aspects/houses/planets and everything in between

aquarius7000

Re: aspects/houses/planets and everything in between

Gaer's post has been moved as a quote below (due to technical problems in moving it) aspects/houses/planets and everything in between thread.

Gaer said:
You might want to explain that obscure fact by showing that 29/60 = 174/360. In other words, if you are working with incredibly unusual aspects, here in segments of 1/60th of the circle, then 174 degrees is an exact aspect, as is 30/60 or 1/2, which is 180 degrees.

So that "neutral zone" only becomes of interest to those who are using harmonics up to and exceeding the 60th. :)
The aspect distance between two planets is 179. It is closer to opposition but if the distance between two planets is 177 degree is called a neutral zone because it is a midpoint between 180 degree aspect and 174. This is only mentioned in Mathematical Astrology.

ALST123

Absolutely brilliant, Tik, am absorbing the content now. If you ever need an editor, let me know.

Thanks,
Ax.

tikana

Thanks Ax..
i am trying to retype all 300+ pages from my notebook
i got tons of stuff laying around

grin

Gaer,

i havent even started rambling about aspects just yet..

T

Lions215

Re: aspects/houses/planets and everything in between

Tikana,
I really enjoyed reading the article,for me it was very informative and easily understood.I hope that you continue the article , I'm looking forward to it.I think what I liked so much about it is how clear cut it was, straight to the point,thats how I like to learn,I hate reading articles that take you all around the mulberry bush instead of just getting to the point.Job well done!

Lions215

lilllybelle

I just finished reading the first discussion which was very interesting. It brought up a few questions for me. Though I'm not really sure if this is the best place to ask my questions or if I should start a seperate thread.

aquarius7000

Lilllybelle,
..Though I'm not really sure if this is the best place to ask my questions or if I should start a seperate thread.
Yes, please feel free to "discuss" the article and ask your questions on this thread. That is the purpose of the "discussion" threads.

:)AQ7

The most radical of them all is Aquarius. Aquarius risers have a constant hunger to be different and original. This desire can backfire. Sometimes this individual has to disagree in the argument even if they agree with the other party. The other downfall of Aquarius risers is they tend to overextend themselves. If you need to find a person for a specific reason, Aquarian riser is probably have such person in the instant. The bad side of it is Aquarian riser often separates and detaches himself/herself from the bond.

I'm 1' Aquarius rising in first decanate and can't identify with anything you say. Aquarius is not argumentative just for sake of a good arguement like librans. It is rather rare to have Aquarius and Pisces if born in northern hemisphere cos you have to be born in approx 30-40minute time slot.

I have 5 out of 10 in fixed and never overextend myself. What bond are you referring to exactly? There is nothing wrong with a little 'detachment' bit like having most planets above horizon and being 'objective'.

Air Ascendants are usually good talkers, communicators and Aquarius will always fight the cause for the underdog and be altruistic. When Aquarians talk about something they can and do talk indepth about their given subject. Not like Gemini who tends to know a little bit about a lot but not a lot about anything in particular.

If you are looking for an individual with many hobbies and interests, you should look for an individual with Gemini on 5th house cusp. People with Gemini on 5th house often are brilliant and creative writers. They are known to be very flirtatious and they love to play games especially if it involves trivia.

This only really applies if you have venus in Gemini -- the most flirtatious sign you can have it. I have Gemini ruling 5th with mars in their -- I hate playing games that involves trivia. This is also the house of 'self employment' so with any dual/mutable sign ruling that person could have more than one business, or full time job and part time hobby/own company.

The owner of Libra in 9th house will rather stay home than go on a trip by him/herself. Also, these people tend to study arts, music, and the law in the foreign country or previously stated subjects of foreign origins.

It really depends on where the venus is placed by house and aspects. I have libra ruling the 9th and have travelling abroad alone many times, I've never study arts, music and law in a foreign country ---- Air ruling this house suggests communications, debates, discussions about philosophy religions, spiritual matters.

Capricorn in 2nd house owner tends to be more cautious, careful and very methodical when it comes to personal property and money. By instinct, they know how to cultivate personal resources. Saturn will dominate their attitudes towards self and the property

Saturn in 2nd or Cappri ruling can also suggest a lack of confidence connected to 2nd house matters and even possibly a 'fear of poverty'
6th house Cancer people have a need to nourish and be nourished. They make perfect doctors, veterinarians and psychiatrists. Also, there are a few religious figures that have Cancer in 6th house. The only problem is these people take this too personal and often they take their patients’ pains back home after work or dwell on this prolonged time.
Cancerians also make good chefs, catering industry. The sensitivity of Cancer wants a pleasant working environment, no backstabbing, bitching or stress. I have cancer ruling 6th with no planets there and I would say (due to moon ruling cancer) restless and worry about performance as these two signs really can worry for the rest of us. I think psychiatrists would be more a Pluto/scorpio thing rather than cancer/virgo. Although I would say, I could nurture younger staff members with problems.

I think the 'elements' ie: fire (energy, enthusiasm) earth (practical - a doer) air ( a communicator or salesperson) and water (emotional, sympathetic, caring ) are important when looking at house cusp rulers and ultimately where the ruler is placed (and it's aspects), cos it's not the same as having that planet in that house

tikana

Hey Astrologer 50

Yeah so Aquarius rising does not fit you. I have Venus in virgo unaspected in 2nd house. Every bloody book i read none of the descriptions make any sense.. you get that a lot .. i compiled an observation, just because you are Aquarius rising, my defnition would NOT fit every case...

it is all highly individual. If you have a twin born within 3 mins, he/she may have a different personalities even if it is the same sign. I have quadruplets'chart that were born 10 minutes apart. All of them are different. Midpoints to be the answer? i dont know. the kids are only 7 years old now.

T

One of the most fascinating 3rd house owners are Aries.
Not only that they are feisty speakers and have a rough abrupt, get to the point philosophy but they are competitive strong rivals especially when it comes to their own brothers and sisters

this also applies to mercury in Aries, Mercury in first house, Mars in 1st. Again I have Aries ruling my 3rd and am not competitive with my brothers or anyone. It all depends on what sign your mars is in and where it's placed.
Mercury is Aries (placed any house) can be tactless, blunt and direct and to the point and so can any mercury placed in 1st house. For me it's the 'fire' energy and cardinal quality -- fire can talk (3rd) with energy and enthusiasm but if in any other sign other than Areis will not be 'rough abrupt'

Lastly, I would say due to aries/mars they can get caught out 'speeding' in cars due to action and aries doesn't like hanging around.

When you have personal planets such as Sun, Moon, and ruler of your chart in 7th house, you tend to sacrifice or lose yourself in the relationship.
People focused with planets in 7th sometimes need others to act as a 'mirror' so they can 'see themselves' more clearly. Occasionally, some may feel they are only half an apple or orange and feel bereft without a partner.

Saturn in 11th house native tends to be very discriminating and may not be opened to friendships unless the other person is proven to be trustworthy
They will most likely be of an older generation. But remember wherever your Saturn is is 'where we lack confidence and try to compensate' by being dutiful, responsible and hard working. May cultivate friends if you need to learn something -- but will always give back. Strong sense of responsibility towards groups, team work and friendships

Mars in 4th house if AFFLICTED might indicate that the native came from abusive home, which may follow him/her well into childhood.

This could also be Pluto conj IC they could also feel that something is not telling them everything -- something kept hidden.

Neptune in 4th Strong unconscious emotional ties with home and family. Confused family relationships and sometimes chaotic domestic environment. Often feel sorry for strangers, animals and offer accommodation. Other end of spectrum --Neptune the 'Great Dissolver' can dissolve family relationships

Saturn in 4th (like any outer planets) is difficult The background of a difficult or broken home in childhood is usually coincident with afflicted planets in the fourth house. Regarding the early home life suggest coldness, limitation, authority ­without love, separation or isolation, and a generally ­unsympathetic early home life

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm

Last edited:

tikana

hey Astro

you do realize that i am not writing onebookfitall natal chart book, right?
you cant speculate that every planet will react identically even if they are placed in the same house and sign? I am just compiling notes from what i have written down from people's charts famous and not famous..

i have to disagree with you on "Neptune in 4th Strong unconscious emotional ties with home and family. Confused family relationships and sometimes chaotic domestic environment. Often feel sorry for strangers, animals and offer accommodation."

I want nothing to do with emotional ties and family. I want my plant my own family tree from the bottom to the top. I have separated from my mom's relatives and want little to nothing to do with them. Neptune in 4th is also love for water, quite few astrologers picked up on that. I rather live in the ocean. I had a great childhood and very very very stable home. Feelign sorry for strangers, animals. I never brought a stray animal home but i have fed them. Bringing strangers home? NO WAY! never ..

Well again you mentioned 3rd house.. My 3rd house is Libra and mercury is in libra.. do i talk like a libra merc? Nope! I have no siblings. YES, i did run a horary on it .. no i dont have any siblings. I am an only child. Ohh and there are some books that are pointing to being closer to neighbors and love of traveling locally. i dont hang with neighbors nor have love for local travels. I hate travelling locally. it is boring as hell. Traveling around LA is a pain in the rear end.

here is an example of not everything fits everyone but this does not mean that it is wrong ... "You have a great love of travel, adventure, religion and philosophy with Jupiter in the ninth house. You have good judgment and intuition, and could be successful in education, publishing, philosophy, religion or writing." http://www.myastrologybook.com/Jupiter-in-the-ninth-house-9th-house.htm
i have Jupiter in 9th house.
education - no thanks unless self-taught.
philosophy- yeah okay brief fling but i wont sit and read every philosophy book.
writing is NOT in my interest at all. I never succeeded in writing in school usually1 paragraph sums all. Straight to the point..
religion - FORGET IT! i am very anti-religion person.

Robert Hand in Transit book described Pluto square Venus transit - he gave like 5 scenarios. NOTHING HAPPENED. Jupiter conjuncted Venus at the same time... 3 years of NOTHINGNESS.. Saturn return didnt bring anything either.. so astrology is case by case.

cheers
T

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
It just goes to show, doesn't it, that these stereotypical descriptions don't fit real people, or even *virtual people*, by the sound of it. Basic sun sign astrology on its own is obviously inadequate.
Lilly

Re: Neptune in 4th comments. I understand where you are coming from and with the slant of collaboration I have added, "Neptune the ‘great dissolver’ can literally dissolve connections to family" which with hindsight should have been there.

These Educ threads are for newcomers to learn astrology and I feel probably would have benefited from collaboration, rather than just individuals. There are a lot of senior members with a pleathora of valuable knowledge and resources. I myself am qualified to teach in Adult Education and do public speaking on astrology. I have submitted data for Neptune in the houses and will be doing one for Uranus, maybe even saturn and pluto :biggrin:

tikana

Re: Neptune in 4th comments. I understand where you are coming from and with the slant of collaboration I have added, "Neptune the ‘great dissolver’ can literally dissolve connections to family" which with hindsight should have been there.

* AHHH i did not dissolve it .. i just tore them out clean cut. that is different.. anyway .. my chart is not an issue at the moment..**

These Educ threads are for newcomers to learn astrology and I feel probably would have benefited from collaboration,rather than just individuals.

** if you want to collaborate with someone, i would suggest ask that person ahead of time.. it will give both people a chance to send word documents back and forth then write up a paper together and turn it into a dialog when 2 people differ on views.. ***

There are a lot of senior members with a pleathora of valuable knowledge and resources.
** i have been long enough on this forum to notice that ***

I myself am qualified to teach in Adult Education and do public speaking on astrology. I have submitted data for Neptune in the houses and will be doing one for Uranus, maybe even saturn and pluto

** congrads and i used to teach in college for 1 semester. Astro speaking absolutely no interest in that whatsoever, as long as Robert Hand is alive and kicking i have no interest ... at least peopel are resurrecting ths board. It is a good thing. **

Last edited:

starlink

Basic sun sign astrology on its own is obviously inadequate.
Absolutely, and most astrologers know that. We always have to look at the whole picture, otherwise, where does our individuality come from?

starlink

These Educ threads are for newcomers to learn astrology and I feel probably would have benefited from collaboration,rather than just individuals.

This is also true. I have always seen the ED board as a place for basic learning. The articles should be simple and clear to newcomers, because intermediate or advanced astrologers know more of course. The material supplied also does not have to be totally professional. We have books written by renowned astrologers for that. Most newbies dont really feel like reading one whole book after another, but a few articles with simple instructions are just what they can absorb in the beginning.

We therefore welcome all attributions. When the member is not native English speaking, we can edit their grammar, no problem there. When we see things that dont add up, we change them etc. etc. so that the final product will be acceptable for the ED board. We are 5 moderators and between all of us, there is always one who will know how to correct a certain statement.
Should copyright issues arise, then we also will make sure that the copied material will be shortened. If that will blow up the whole article, then that is a pity of course, but we cannot do otherwise. Only solution then is to re-write the article in your own words, which, even though the info comes from another source, is permitted as far as we know.

Absolutely, and most astrologers know that. We always have to look at the whole picture, otherwise, where does our individuality come from?

We all know this BUT for people who are new to astrology and want to learn --- they have to start somewhere -- and it has to be broken down into segments before synthesis.

The Ed board I thought was for this purpose, to simplfy for newcomers to astrology, so they can learn?

[edit] Sorry Star, didn't read your second post,just reacted to first

Last edited: