Challenging Transits: Can You Handle the Truth?

MamaMinnee

Being a Plutonian Virgo, I need to know any and all possible ramifications {ranging from mild to severe} of any upcoming personal transit, especially the so-called difficult ones.

However, I find that knowing the extent of some notorious transits worries people, rather than confidently preparing them for it.

So, would you rather not know anything? Have things slightly sugar-coated, with the pleasant possibilities emphasized? Know everything?

Hey MamaMinnie this is an excellent question!

I can sympathize with you suggesting you'd rather know all of the nitty-gritty details of up-coming personal transits. There is something ultimately very gratifying, and well, frankly, more sensible to me to know the details and to have a clear view of imminent changes upon the horizon. It is almost, just as you insinuated, a sort of "ah, now I can relax" feeling that comes with such knowledge. By relax, of course, I mean prepare. :eek:

Conversely, I can also sympathize with those that react to so-called negative transits with anxiety. Uncertainty mixed with negative undertones doesn't go over well in some. What I prescribe for that might be a second look at the overall meaning of astrology as an art and form of study. I suggest this because I wonder if such a negative response might have to do with the idea of the celestial bodies as God-like will capable of smiting us or blessing us, with little-to-no power in our human courts.

Thus, I would say I prefer to know the nature of up-coming transits so I can use my free-will to plan how I will make the most of said transits.

I do, however, have six planets in retrograde, and thus look forward to transits with an added zeal, both "good" and "bad."

Mod!

aquarius7000

Good topic MM, but tricky questions at the end of the post, eh ;).

I think, being into Astrology, you can hardly resist the temptation of wanting to know what suddenness this Uranus transit is going to catch me unawares with, or how that much-feared Pluto is going to transform my life during its stay in house 'x', or what I will soon be rejoicing about with Jupiter entering house 'Y'...

Sure, the difficult transits (or even natal-chart aspects) are a bit harder to swallow for obvious reasons. I, personally, like to know about both, the easy and the more difficult transits. In fact, if I am honest, I, when it comes to my own chart, tend to concentrate more on the difficult ones, and want to know about them clearly, thinking (at times falsely) that, in this way, I might be able to prepare and sort of brace myself up for them :13:(at least when it comes to certain things). But, the important thing is always to keep in mind that there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that all or even part of what is predicted, even by the best of and most-experienced astrologers, will really materialise - even astrology has its limitations. Also, I believe that there is a different 'power' having exclusive copyrights when it comes to such things;)

I have to say though that, much as I am interested in getting to know before hand how pleasant or unpleasant the times ahead are going to be for me, there are exceptions even there. I wouldn't necessarily pin-point it out myself, and don't think, would like to be told (blatantly) either that, as an e.g., your sister should live her life to the fullest the next 6 months.., so death is one thing, which for me at least is a no-go area. It can be called an ethical issue, or even be refuted that death can be seen that clearly at all astrologically.

Also, I feel it is crucially important that an astrologer is at least 150% sure about what he lets out of his mouth, and still there is hardly any *guarantee* that even an iota of the forecasted will actually materialise. However, with a non-serious, or loosely-made prediction one can ruin a person's life to quite an extent, witout the 'predicted ruin' perhaps actually ever occuring. And that's the main tricky part.

Just my thoughts there
:)aquarius7000

MamaMinnee

aquarius7000 said:
Good topic MM, but tricky questions at the end of the post, eh ;).

I am glad you answered this because it was posed with you in mind. Your upcoming Pluto/Moon/Mars and eclipse transits got me thinking....

When I counsel people, I generally give nameless examples of people who have already experienced similar transits and give the highlights of their experiences, for better or worse. Then, people seem to get the correct idea of how transits have manifested for others and how they might come about for them. Really, even people born on the same day, close to the same time, will have similar experiences, although the degree of severity seems to range.

For me, I feel that knowing in advance has minimized some damage. For example, knowing I am having a bad Neptune/Venus transit... maybe I won't invest my whole life savings in this venture... if there was ever a time someone could try to deceive me...

Has that been the case with anyone else?

aquarius7000

MamaMinnee said:
For me, I feel that knowing in advance has minimized some damage. For example, knowing I am having a bad Neptune/Venus transit... maybe I won't invest my whole life savings in this venture... if there was ever a time someone could try to deceive me...
Yes, it indeed can be helpful more often than not, to know beforehand what the upcoming transits *could* bring along, IF understood in the right sense and with an open mind. This is clearly one of the advantages of (predictive) Astrology. Only, one should not base one's life on it and sit back, and think, good or bad, it's all already been decided. Sorry, if I am repeating myself here, but I feel sad when I see posts around with concerns as to whether the native is doomed thanks to his square-and-opposition ridden chart.

As Mod very correctly puts it in her post:
Modcleopatra said:
What I prescribe for that might be a second look at the overall meaning of astrology as an art and form of study. I suggest this because I wonder if such a negative response might have to do with the idea of the celestial bodies as God-like will capable of smiting us or blessing us, with little-to-no power in our human courts.
MamaMinnee said:
I am glad you answered this because it was posed with you in mind. Your upcoming Pluto/Moon/Mars and eclipse transits got me thinking....
I knew the very instant I looked at it, where it was coming from;). It almost feels like you started the thread because of that, but thanks anyway, as it is an important topic to be discussed, and due to it being general in nature, it concerns all of us.

:)aquarius7000

MamaMinnee

Now that everyone has experienced the fallout from the recent two eclipses, in hindsight, would you have wanted to know what was in store (especially for those that lost their job--perhaps they could have saved more money, or even applied for a replacement position earlier)? How specific could someone be without causing too much fear or elation?

For those who already knew the possible repercussions, were you excited, prepared or scared?

waybread

Mama, you might suggest to your "advisees" that they actively prepare for a potentially difficult transit. Nobody would run a marathon without training. Yet so often people simply wait with dread to be hit by a major transit.The way to do this, I think, is:

(1) to actively incorporate positive changes into one's life, consistent with the natures of the planets, signs, and houses.

(2) But also, I think people have to be realistic about life. It is full of disappointments and bad things that happen to good people. So a certain degree of stoicism and emotional maturity is helpful.

(3) Also plan for the happy transits that occur during, say, a major Pluto square. These might be good times to do something nice to oneself, again, consistent with the planets' nature, signs, and houses.

I recognized several years ago that I would face simultaneously my second Saturn return, Neptune conjunct my sun, and Pluto conjunct my IC (and opposite my natal Uranus conjunct MC.) My husband had recently retired, and we thought that if we could live very frugally, I could take a very early retirement from my job, which was becoming increasingly frustrating. So I did resign from my career (MC), we renovated our basement, sold our house (Pluto conjunct IC) and actually went travelling (Pluto in late Sag.) for several months while we were between houses. I tried to set aside some time every morning after we settled down for some spiritual discipline (Neptune conjunct sun, and my Saturn in the 12th). I spent a lot of my Saturn return digging rocks [rocks and hard labour are ruled by Saturn] out of our new garden beds. Life hasn't been perfect, but on the whole, these were positive changes.

Another metaphor for anyone who likes white-water canoeing: you generally have more control over the boat if you paddle a bit faster than the current.

A big Pluto transit? People can get rid of anything metaphorically dead or dying in their lives. Uranus? Plan something totally out of character. Etc.

I hope this helps!

cassanra

I think this is an appropriate thread really. I too, like everyone here it seems, would like to know in advance and be able to prepare ie I have discovered that when Uranus hits 22 degrees in each sign and contacts my 22 degree sun and 22 degree moon some life changing event occurs...usually I move!! or someone I am closely connected with moves but it is signficant so.....I have been diggging like a badger since Uranus came to its current place squaring my sun and opposing my moon. I want to know...I need to know....however I started having heart arythmias and sometimes wonder "is that Uranus" or is that me just panicing. Since Uranus is passing trhough my 12 house ruled by Aquarius and squaring my leo sun (which rules my sixth) I went to the doctor to have a thorough check up. But interestingly enough it yhas been my job that has taken an interesting turn in which I had an opportunity to take a roll as a counselor working with a physical rehab. unit where everyone goes after that diving accident, that motorcycle accident, that stroke you get the picture... I do not know what else is in store for me as saturn rolls forward through my sixth house toward my moon. Since I am a single mom it is importatn for me to know what I might expect and to take precautions (not drive so fast, slow down with others, keep up with my work, etc). thanks for your reflections. I can imagine that as an astrologer you must tread quite carefully ...the giving of examples is a good idea. I think the more we read on this site the more understanding we can gain. I like to hear follow up stories and try to give mine so that others can get a perspective on their variations. Cassandra

MamaMinnee

Hey Way!
waybread said:
(2) But also, I think people have to be realistic about life. It is full of disappointments and bad things that happen to good people. So a certain degree of stoicism and emotional maturity is helpful.
Nobody ever wants to hear this; but I totally agree. I mean, how can anyone expect absolutely no adversity in life??!! If only!!!
Also plan for the happy transits that occur during, say, a major Pluto square.
After recently experiencing Pluto square my natal Sun Pluto for what seemed like forever... I thought this was a typo. Just kidding, I know what you mean.
I recognized several years ago that I would face simultaneously my second Saturn return, Neptune conjunct my sun, and Pluto conjunct my IC (and opposite my natal Uranus conjunct MC.)... Life hasn't been perfect, but on the whole, these were positive changes.
Attitude is everything and yours is great!!! Also, some people are better astrologically equipped to deal with extreme challenges or drastic changes, don't you think?
I hope this helps!
It does, thanks!

MamaMinnee

cassanra said:
... I want to know...I need to know....
I am sooooo with you on that!!!!
Since I am a single mom it is important for me to know what I might expect and to take precautions.
I am a Mommy, too and again, I FEEL you. I have more than just my wimpy nerves to think of. If something could be in store, I need to buck up and prepare accordingly. Again, not everyone feels the same way... or has kids, for that matter.
thanks for your reflections.
No prob. Thank you!

sentR89day

I would rather not know. It's probably my North Node in Pisces. I just feel more relaxed if I don't know the details, it makes me feel nervous!