Mars in 8th house

Senecar

I think I have seen in a book by Morin, that Mars in 8th house is unlucky.

Do you agree? No? Why yes, or why no?

Mars in the 8th indicates that your marriage partner will have money problems after you get married. I have Mars conjunct Pluto in my 8th, although I was never married, I found out that my long term girlfriend had a shopping addiction after we moved in together.

Senecar

Mars in the 8th indicates that your marriage partner will have money problems after you get married. I have Mars conjunct Pluto in my 8th, although I was never married, I found out that my long term girlfriend had a shopping addiction after we moved in together.

One of my friends has Mars in his 8th house, and his wife has shopping addiction, he moans. His wallet gets emptied for paying her expensive famous brand shoes and bags, and his credit card gets loaded paying for her designer clothes every month.

How weird. I thought you were talking about that friend, or you were him :D

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Mars in the 8th indicates that your marriage partner
will have money problems after you get married.
I have Mars conjunct Pluto in my 8th, although I was never married, I found out
that my long term girlfriend had a shopping addiction after we moved in together.
Tens of millions worldwide who do not have Mars in 8th :smile:
discovered their long term girlfriend has a shopping addiction
after they moved in together
generalisation is fun
but unreliable

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ON THIS BOARD
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120411
NB: quote:
This is the Traditional Astrology forum. Out of all the different boards in this forum, this one is the home for traditional astrologers. It was created so that traditional astrologers can discuss traditional astrology with each other, without having to justify it to non-traditionalists or be interrupted by people disagreeing with traditional perspectives. Traditional astrologers, welcome home! You already know what to post and what not to post, so you may go ahead and post without reading further.

If you are not a traditional astrologer, you are welcome as a guest. Good guests respect the rules of the house. In this house, the main rule is that all posts must stick to traditional astrology only. Please read the rest of this and make sure that everything you post here is strictly traditional. If your post is not traditional, it belongs on one of our other boards, not here.

Your post is not traditional if it includes any of the following:

- Pluto, Neptune, or Uranus. Planets discovered with the telescope are not used in traditional astrology. If your post treats any of them as astrological planets, it belongs in either Modern Astrology or any of the other boards. If you want to post to ask why traditional astrologers don't use those planets, do so anywhere but this board or Modern Astrology, or search the other boards for an existing discussion on that. It is not respectful to come into someone's house and demand why they don't do things your way.

petosiris

Banned
Mars in 8th reduces livelihood and property (the cause of loss is signified by the ruler of 2nd), and some have lawsuits over lands and inheritances. One placement without the whole chart can tell you that much, because although generalisation is fun, it is unreliable :smile:.

It depends on whether Mars is in its own domicile, exaltation, term, sect and whether it is direct in motion. If the chart is nocturnal, and Mars is direct and has some dignity, it would bring rank, for example Obama has Mars at 29 Leo. If the chart is diurnal, and Mars has no dignity by domicile, exaltation or term, it will cause loss of wealth. For example, Leo Rising, Sun with Taurus, Mars at 19 Pisces. The native (I predicted this in advance) lost wealth through deception and crime few times, on account of Mercury term and the image being double-bodied. He also gives wealth (and has expenses) to his brother for Jupiter, Mars and Mercury are natural significators of brothers. Jupiter is with Leo, Mercury is with Aries, in case you need that information.

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

I have Mars and Rahu in my 3rd house (Sag) and have a bad relationship with one of my sisters (a good relationship with the other). Mars sextiles Sun in the 5th.

Senecar

I have Mars and Rahu in my 3rd house (Sag) and have a bad relationship with one of my sisters (a good relationship with the other). Mars sextiles Sun in the 5th.

My 3rd house is Gemini. Mars placed in there, and my brother and me always have been arguing and fighting. He seems looking at me as his competitor all the time.

JUPITERASC

you said and I quote
Mars in the 8th indicates that your marriage partner
will have money problems after you get married.
I have Mars conjunct Pluto in my 8th, although I was never married, I found out
that my long term girlfriend had a shopping addiction after we moved in together.
so I highlighted that tens of millions worldwide who DO NOT have Mars in 8th :smile:
to emphasise that
generalisation is fun
but unreliable
I then quoted the following from the rules of our traditional board

This is the Traditional Astrology forum. Out of all the different boards in this forum, this one is the home for traditional astrologers. It was created so that traditional astrologers can discuss traditional astrology with each other, without having to justify it to non-traditionalists or be interrupted by people disagreeing with traditional perspectives. Traditional astrologers, welcome home! You already know what to post and what not to post, so you may go ahead and post without reading further.

If you are not a traditional astrologer, you are welcome as a guest. Good guests respect the rules of the house. In this house, the main rule is that all posts must stick to traditional astrology only. Please read the rest of this and make sure that everything you post here is strictly traditional. If your post is not traditional, it belongs on one of our other boards, not here.

- Pluto, Neptune, or Uranus. Planets discovered with the telescope are not used in traditional astrology. If your post treats any of them as astrological planets, it belongs in either Modern Astrology or any of the other boards. If you want to post to ask why traditional astrologers don't use those planets, do so anywhere but this board or Modern Astrology, or search the other boards for an existing discussion on that. It is not respectful to come into someone's house and demand why they don't do things your way.

[Deleted quote of now deleted attacking post. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Senecar

you said and I quote

so I highlighted that tens of millions worldwide who DO NOT have Mars in 8th :smile:
to emphasise that
generalisation is fun
but unreliable
I then quoted the following from the rules of our traditional board

We are just discussing on astrological findings and topics, be it generalisation or analysis or gossips or chats whatever you call it, it is good fun and will increase our knowledge in astrology, and that is what matters.

Trying to artificially segregating traditional and modern astrology, and obstructing astrological discussions, seem not natural and not normal.

JUPITERASC

We are just discussing on astrological findings and topics, be it generalisation
or analysis or gossips or chats whatever you call it, it is good fun
and will increase our knowledge in astrology, and that is what matters.
Trying to artificially segregating traditional and modern astrology, and
obstructing astrological discussions, seem not natural and not normal.
If this thread is intended as chat then it belongs on our chat board :smile:
not on our traditional board

Senecar

In my case my sister completely cut me out of her life years ago and her family too (whom I was close with). So, in my opinion, that is not normal.

Yes, that is my case too. My brother and I have not talked or met long time now, because as soon as we meet, we start argue.

Osamenor

Staff member
We are just discussing on astrological findings and topics, be it generalisation or analysis or gossips or chats whatever you call it, it is good fun and will increase our knowledge in astrology, and that is what matters.

Trying to artificially segregating traditional and modern astrology, and obstructing astrological discussions, seem not natural and not normal.

It's against the rules to post topics on the Traditional Astrology board that are not strictly about traditional astrology. Since you did not intend this to be a strictly traditional astrology topic, I have moved this thread to Natal Astrology, where both modern and traditional perspectives are allowed. Going forward, do not post on the Traditional Astrology board unless your topic is strictly traditional astrology. If it is not, it belongs on one of the general boards.

Explaining,
Osamenor

Last edited:

Senecar

It's against the rules to post topics on the Traditional Astrology board that are not strictly about traditional astrology. Since you did not intend this to be a strictly traditional astrology topic, I have moved this thread to Natal Astrology, where both modern and traditional perspectives are allowed. Going forward, do not post on the Traditional Astrology board unless your topic is strictly traditional astrology. If it is not, it belongs on one of the general boards.

Explaining,
Osamenor

I put it in Traditional Astrology because the statement about Mars was made by Morin, the medieval French Astrologist.

Chat is the board where non Astrological topics are discussed?

petosiris

Banned
Chat is the board where non Astrological topics are discussed?

That and non serious astrology. Note that Osamenor moved your thread in this board, not the chat board. If you want to post something on the traditional board, make some effort that it is traditional. ''I think I have seen Morin said it is non-lucky'' without providing reference is 0 effort post, but that is just my opinion. Discussing outer planets and modern astrology is big no-no according to the rules, this is the board if you want to get both opinions.

Senecar

That and non serious astrology. Note that Osamenor moved your thread in this board, not the chat board. If you want to post something on the traditional board, make some effort that it is traditional. ''I think I have seen Morin said it is non-lucky'' without providing reference is 0 effort post, but that is just my opinion. Discussing outer planets and modern astrology is big no-no according to the rules, this is the board if you want to get both opinions.

Sorry, I can't see your point. If someone asked, then reference about Morin's statement could have been given out, and discussion could have unfolded that way, if that was the thread participants interest.

Also there are times that people would like to discuss about comparisons between traditional and modern astrology, and relation between inner and outer planets. When they are being discussed in terms of relating both worlds, you shouldn't blindly bar the discussion, I feel.

Osamenor

Staff member
Sorry, I can't see your point. If someone asked, then reference about Morin's statement could have been given out, and discussion could have unfolded that way, if that was the thread participants interest.

Also there are times that people would like to discuss about comparisons between traditional and modern astrology, and relation between inner and outer planets. When they are being discussed in terms of relating both worlds, you shouldn't blindly bar the discussion, I feel.

Those discussions are not allowed on the Traditional Astrology board, or the Modern Astrology board. They are allowed on all the other boards. One requirement of being a member of this forum is that you must pay attention to where you are posting and make sure it's the correct forum for your topic. Bringing non-traditional astrology into the traditional astrologers' home, which the Traditional Astrology board is, is highly disrespectful. You may engage traditional astrologers in combination modern and traditional discussions outside their home, but not in it.

I have deleted the rest of the posts in this vein because they were derailing the thread. From here on out, no more arguing that this topic is okay for Traditional Astrology. It is not, and that's final. If there's one more post about that, this thread will be closed. If you want to discuss the reasons for a separate traditional astrology forum, take it to the Help With Forums and Suggestions board.

Edited to add: To clarify, there is to be no more off topic discussion in this thread. Stick to discussing Mars in the eighth house. I've deleted a couple of posts that, while not necessarily arguing that this thread belongs on the Traditional board, addressed the argument instead of the astrological topic. This is an astrology thread. Stick to astrology.

Last edited: