Rahu/Ketu at same degrees in son/father chart

London89

hi,

I had an interesting discovery today. My father and me both have our Rahu and Ketu at exact same degrees. Although our charts are different ascendant wise but my Rahu is in Dhanishta at 27 degrees and Ketu is in Ashlesha- Cancer at 27, same as his. Both are born in different places. I am yet to find out my grandfather's chart but just wanted to ask if anyone has come across such a thing?

What if my grandfather also has his Rahu/Ketu exactly as me and my father? What does this signify?

Anything anybody would like to add...

I thought of sharing this.

Bina

The position of Rahu and Ketu, also called the lunar nodes, is not dependant on the Ascendant or the time of birth.
The Nodes complete one whole cycle of the zodiac in about 18,6 years. So your father is either 18-19 years or 36-37 years older than you.
Rahu/Ketu are connected to the karma we bring into this life and also to our life path/karmic mission. So this could be similar for you and your father. As RaRohini said, it also depends on the house positions. If the Asc is different, then the house positions will also differ. This means that the nodes will express themselves in different areas of your lives, as determined by the houses.

London89

Thanks RaRohini and Bina.

Yes dad was 37 when I was born. I think what Bina mentioned about the 18.5 years time cycle for Rahu/Ketu makes more sense.

I was just more excited seeing the same degrees and nakshatra placement but then I think if the ascendant is different and the birth stars are different too, it doesn't really matter much. Innit?

Probably there could be some karmic connection which I do not know or may be experiencing similar energies in a subtle way or it could be something to do with inheritance?

Our both birth dates are 7 & 25. Ruled by ketu? But then I really do not know if numerology and vedic astro can be intertwined.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Did you check to see if Grandpa has the same nodal axis?

That would be wild if you have three generations with the same nodes.

As the Vedic astrologers are saying here, strong soul bond and unity of soul purpose with karmic connections.

Julia

Last edited:

London89

Did you check to see if Grandpa has the same nodal axis?

That would be wild if you have three generations with the same nodes.

As the Vedic astrologers are saying here, strong soul bond and unity of soul purpose with karmic connections.

Julia

Hi Julia,

No, my Grandpa doesn't have the Same Rahu/Ketu nakshatra placement and degrees. Although I don't have the exact birth time but I did a mental math and i.e.

considering the fact that Rahu/Ketu moves in 18.5 years time cycle it has to be a multiple of 18/18.5 and according to my dad, he passed away in 1985 when he was 80 that means he was born in 1905 and that year doesn't fall in that cycle.

I hope I'm right.

BTW, Do you think it means that there's some kind of repayment/penance to do? because Rahu/Ketu is never considered good right?

Regards

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia,

No, my Grandpa doesn't have the Same Rahu/Ketu nakshatra placement and degrees. Although I don't have the exact birth time but I did a mental math and i.e.

considering the fact that Rahu/Ketu moves in 18.5 years time cycle it has to be a multiple of 18/18.5 and according to my dad, he passed away in 1985 when he was 80 that means he was born in 1905 and that year doesn't fall in that cycle.

I hope I'm right.

BTW, Do you think it means that there's some kind of repayment/penance to do? because Rahu/Ketu is never considered good right?

Regards

Yes the nodes take approx 18 yrs to work around the zodiac. You might want to look at other close family members to see if they have the same nodal axis as you and your father.

I once got very interested in this topic, family members sharing the same nodes, and I looked at the British royal family because they have long time accurate birth information, and a well known genealogy. The nodal connections in the family are quite interesting.

I cannot comment on the Vedic interpretation of node synastry. And I cannot interpret on this thread since I am a karmic astrologer, not a vedic. But just to reassure, in my work synastry nodes conjunct is a good thing. Duty and obligation or compensation might be 12 house or Saturn connections, but that is not necessarily bad. But I defer to the Vedics on this thread for interpretation.

Julia

London89

Yes the nodes take approx 18 yrs to work around the zodiac. You might want to look at other close family members to see if they have the same nodal axis as you and your father.

I once got very interested in this topic, family members sharing the same nodes, and I looked at the British royal family because they have long time accurate birth information, and a well known genealogy. The nodal connections in the family are quite interesting.

I cannot comment on the Vedic interpretation of node synastry. And I cannot interpret on this thread since I am a karmic astrologer, not a vedic. But just to reassure, in my work synastry nodes conjunct is a good thing. Duty and obligation or compensation might be 12 house or Saturn connections, but that is not necessarily bad. But I defer to the Vedics on this thread for interpretation.

Julia

I'll definitely have a look at the charts of other family members when I get hold of them and I shall definitely share when I find something interesting. I do certainly have an aristocratic lineage.

But anyway thanks for the input, it's definitely a reassurance that nodes conjunct is a good thing :smile:

Apart from this, the other similarity between most of my extended near family consisting of aunts and uncles, cousins etc most of us are born in October/November -25 October, 16 October, 7th November, 16th November... i.e. either born or either married to someone with the dates mentioned. Not all definitely but yeah many, I remember this because in one of the gatherings my maternal uncle had raised a toast to all the number 7s and when will this number leave the family (in a more funnier way). Although he's not Oct/Nov but 7th July.

I have my Sun (21.30) exactly conjunct Pluto (21.34) but no idea if Vedic/Karmic uses Pluto in anyway.

Julia Karmic Astrology

I'll definitely have a look at the charts of other family members when I get hold of them and I shall definitely share when I find something interesting. I do certainly have an aristocratic lineage.

But anyway thanks for the input, it's definitely a reassurance that nodes conjunct is a good thing :smile:

Apart from this, the other similarity between most of my extended near family consisting of aunts and uncles, cousins etc most of us are born in October/November -25 October, 16 October, 7th November, 16th November... i.e. either born or either married to someone with the dates mentioned. Not all definitely but yeah many, I remember this because in one of the gatherings my maternal uncle had raised a toast to all the number 7s and when will this number leave the family (in a more funnier way). Although he's not Oct/Nov but 7th July.

I have my Sun (21.30) exactly conjunct Pluto (21.34) but no idea if Vedic/Karmic uses Pluto in anyway.

Yes karmic uses Pluto, we look at inner to outer planet aspects.
RaRohini and the others can say more about what the Vedics do.

Yes look at the rest of your family. I made a list of each family member and noted the Sun, Moon, North Node (Rahu) and South Node (Ketu). In the British Royal family there was a lot of similarity in the placements.

That is so interesting about your family birth dates being Oct/Nov, a lot of Scorpio energy. The souls come into the family around the same date.

That is funny, when will the 7's leave your family. You may want to look up the spiritual meaning of the number 7 and see if it describes your family.

A number of my family members have died on my birth date. :( And as a genealogy buff when compiling a family tree, I noticed that was also the birth date or wedding date for a couple of my great grandparents. Kind of of interesting how souls in a family come and go on the same date. Wonder if the Vedics ascribe a meaning to this?

Julia

London89

Yes look at the rest of your family. I made a list of each family member and noted the Sun, Moon, North Node (Rahu) and South Node (Ketu). In the British Royal family there was a lot of similarity in the placements.

That is so interesting about your family birth dates being Oct/Nov, a lot of Scorpio energy. The souls come into the family around the same date.

That is funny, when will the 7's leave your family. You may want to look up the spiritual meaning of the number 7 and see if it describes your family.

A number of my family members have died on my birth date. :( And as a genealogy buff when compiling a family tree, I noticed that was also the birth date or wedding date for a couple of my great grandparents. Kind of of interesting how souls in a family come and go on the same date. Wonder if the Vedics ascribe a meaning to this?

Julia

hi julia

that's pretty interesting stuff, you did research well! I'm gonna try and do the same, I hope I don't offend them asking for exact details ha ha ha.

Also, I think we're on the wrong forum discussing Karmic :biggrin:

I'll probably put up a question on karmic forum if there's any in AW or I shall shoot you an email.

Regards

RaRohini

Julia

Hi Julia !
Traditional vedic considers only 7 major planets..Rahu and ketu being nodes of the moon.
I came across an interesting article about the outer planets which i will share with you
http://www.sanskritimagazine.com/vedic_science/mention-uranus-neptune-pluto-mahabharata/

Other friends muchacho, mathur_dinesh, RishiRahul etc can perhaps throw better light on this.

London89

Hi Julia !
Traditional vedic considers only 7 major planets..Rahu and ketu being nodes of the moon.
I came across an interesting article about the outer planets which i will share with you
http://www.sanskritimagazine.com/vedic_science/mention-uranus-neptune-pluto-mahabharata/

Other friends muchacho, mathur_dinesh, RishiRahul etc can perhaps throw better light on this.

Thanks for the link. It definitely makes sense Krittika Nakshatra conjunct Pluto during Mahabharata war. I read on the internet that krittika is the lord of fire and is the divine purifier who destroys all evils from the world. This being conjunct Pluto- the scorpionic energy of ruin and revival and intense force thus makes sense.

As stars have light and planets do not have light, I think the three nakshatras in Scorpio- Vishakha, Anuradha, Jyestha should be taken into account when dealing with energies or how scorpionic it would react and if we look at Jyestha which is Antares in English I guess it depicts the energy of pluto vibrantly ...

RaRohini

Thanks for the link. It definitely makes sense Krittika Nakshatra conjunct Pluto during Mahabharata war. I read on the internet that krittika is the lord of fire and is the divine purifier who destroys all evils from the world. This being conjunct Pluto- the scorpionic energy of ruin and revival and intense force thus makes sense.

As stars have light and planets do not have light, I think the three nakshatras in Scorpio- Vishakha, Anuradha, Jyestha should be taken into account when dealing with energies or how scorpionic it would react and if we look at Jyestha which is Antares in English I guess it depicts the energy of pluto vibrantly ...

Yeah.. the three planets in Scorpio destroy ego in different ways.. Vishaka will shock you out of it, Anuradha will kill you with love and Jyestha will fight brawn with brain !

London89

Hi Julia !

Oh! I love this song... No, woman, no cry. Eh, yeah!
A little darlin', don't shed no tears
No, woman, no cry. Eh!

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia !

Hi RaRohini!

Hope all is well with you.
Yes Rahu is the North Node and Ketu is the South Node, not planets but nodes of the moon.
Thank you for sharing the article about the outer planets. :)

Julia