Pluto transit orb

barbh

Account Closed
I see Pluto will be coming up to oppose my Moon and square my Sun in a few years, BUT it stops short before doing so. My Sun is at 21.30 Aries, and Pluto gets to 21.17 Capricorn and then it starts to go retrograde.

Will I feel this even though its not even going to exactly aspect my Sun and Moon until a full year and a half later (when Saturn comes up to conjunct Pluto and they both square my Sun and oppose my Moon - shudder)?

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what it felt like

just lookin' ahead

barbh

Last edited:

waybread

I felt the Pluto square sun transit when it was within about 3-degrees of exact. But your mileage may vary. You might check out midpoints, and any semi- and sesqui-squares to other planets or angles (45 and 135 degrees, respectively,) as I have felt these, as well.

photon11111

Premium Member
You will experience the beginnings of the transit. The moon being involved, your will probably feel the beginning.

Unless someone was designated to write down the exact moment of your first breath (mine was round to the closed quarter hour), you cannot be sure of the birth time for your chart. If you have the exact birth time and are using a computer to do the math for your chart, then it can vary a minute or two of arc according to the astrology program you are using.

Pluto transits are interesting. Good luck

Hephaistos

Pluto transits orb.

when you have strong aspects to pluto in your natal Chart the transit orb is around
3 - 4° maybe 5°

when dont have strong pluto aspects in natal chart, mostly pluto detected when the exact aspect is over and often brings to a status that ends when Uranus or Pluto makes a strong aspekt to the same planet or the dispositor of the planet, weeks, months or many years later.

Last edited:

Kannon

I see Pluto will be coming up to oppose my Moon and square my Sun in a few years, BUT it stops short before doing so. My Sun is at 21.30 Aries, and Pluto gets to 21.17 Capricorn and then it starts to go retrograde.

Will I feel this even though its not even going to exactly aspect my Sun and Moon until a full year and a half later (when Saturn comes up to conjunct Pluto and they both square my Sun and oppose my Moon - shudder)?

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what it felt like

just lookin' ahead

barbh

Yes, you will experience that transit before it is exact. But since you have have Uranus transits (and possibly other major transits) happening now, why not pay attention to those instead of looking ahead (to what you think you should fear most?)?

barbh

Account Closed
Thank you everyone for all your considered responses. Wonderful!

I have actually found my answer in Bernadette Brady's book, the Eagle and the Lark. Amazing book! It's been a book I've turned to time and time again over the years. I actually attended one of Bernadette's workshops at UAC in 2002. She's one amazing astrologer, that's for sure.

She gives exact answers to this retrograde question I have you posed to you. If you have the book, check out page 81 -82. Orbs of transits.

In her experience, " if a planet approaches another planet, comes within 13 minutes of arc, but then retrogrades before becoming exact, then the person does not start to feel that transit at that time. The planet must come within 12 minutes of arc before its effects can be felt."

Exceptions are 1) Saturn. "When Saturn changes direction and commences its movement towards the natal point, then that is the commencement of the transit." So, for example, when Saturn turns direct at say 5 Aries, and your Sun is at 15 Aries, you're going to feel Saturn right when it turns direct at 5 Aries.

Exception 2) "Uranus transits are precise and events usually happen on the day of exactness."

I have found that this is true with Saturn transits in my experiences. And also with Uranus transits as well. Uranus came within half a degree of my Sun, and I felt nothing and experienced nothing Uranian in my life at all. My dad got his cancer diagnosis the day that uranus conjuncted his moon.

So, with my question, Pluto turns retrograde at exactly 13 minutes of arc BEFORE it hits my Sun and Moon and Asc. According to Bernadette, I will not feel this until Pluto comes around the following year and actually conjuncts the planet, along with Saturn. Pluto and Saturn team up at that point and both will conjunct my sun and square my moon. I'm sure I will feel those then, and we will see what transpires.

Of course everyone is going to have their own experiences and she acknowledges this. There are always exceptions, and these are good starting points she says.

However, she answered my question. Because her treatise on orbs regarding saturn and uranus have been so absolutely accurate in my life, i tend to believe that this orb will happen with the pluto and saturn transit as well. I will obviously feel the Saturn as it turns direct, way before I feel the pluto. I will see how this plays out when it actually happens and I will report back.

barbh

Last edited:
I've been dealing with Pluto conjunct my Sun and it definitely hasn't been easy. But it's taught me to be more empowered. I don't take **** from no one and don't let anything keep me down for too long whereas it used to be where I was something of a doormat. It's taught me to shed my skin and shed negative people that weren't treating me right in my life. It taught me to start having to face my inner demons even though it was really hard to at first. Once I started to accept it and try to deal with things, especially within myself, then things have gotten easier. I've had to learn to understand to let go of things in order to be truly free. Its been teaching me to stand on my own two feet (especially emotionally but in many other ways as well) and to reach in and grab out that inner power in order for my very existence. It made me question a lot and at first it made me very angry but I wasn't sure where all of the anger was coming from. Because I was in denial. Pluto makes you face all of that junk and deal with it and get rid of it. I can honestly be thankful of Pluto for all it's taught me and I believe it's rescued me more than hurt me.

Good luck with everything.

Ps- also might add I've been going through a transit Uranus square Sun too.

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

This may be shocking, but, I believe that is an individual matter and it depends on the person's chart and how active the planet is at the time.

I was thinking about how all my friends suffered the same Pluto-related problems until the day Pluto moved more than 8 degrees away from my Venus.

And one of them got engaged as soon as Pluto left my Venus alone!

I too have noticed that Saturn transits are exact.

Good luck, prepare well! :smile:

barbh

Account Closed
I agree, it is a very personal thing, however I do appreciate Benadette's offering of her experience, as she has had thousands of clients in her long career as an astrologer, and I thank her for helping us by sharing her vast knowledge with us. Her orb structure has proven to be very true so far in my life, so I'm curious to see how it holds up in the future. Personal experience is the only way to know for sure, so its good we have this forum to put forward our own experiences.

The retrograde phenomena is an interesting one, especially when a planet retrogrades just before becoming exact, so I'm glad i now have a good blueprint for the orbs of that. And I have seen it at work in my own life, especially with that Uranus in Aries retrograding .5 degrees before it hit my sun and moon....and nothing happened. It will come up and hit my sun, moon and asc next year exactly, so I will then be able to tell the difference in a big way too, since my sun and moon and asc are all within half a degree of each other...and uranus transits are exact - now that should be an interesting time.

Last edited:

Lin

I have a bit of a problem about Pluto because it is a "stage setter."
It represents "metamorphosis" which is a PROCESS and not an event.
So often OTHER heavy planets have an input into whatever the process turns out to be.

It can be external.....but often it is an internal process.

For instance: I've noted this about Pluto transitting the 7th or 8th houses or the rulers of them...... the native finds a difference in what they find attractive or valuable about partnersip or marriage. They desire something different from that which they wanted before the Pluto transit. It might go so far as to be mystified about that which they found attractive before....and even say something like, "what was I thinking? I can't believe I ever found (that person) attractive nor do I believe I could see myself with him for the rest of my life!!"
(this isn't the only transit that would bring this reaction about, but it is common with Pluto transits.)

So the house and all the connections (to and from Pluto) involved give an idea of what the transformation will be (about.).
LIN

Last edited:
I have a bit of a problem about Pluto because it is a "stage setter."
It represents "metamorphosis" which is a PROCESS and not an event.
So often OTHER heavy planets have an input into whatever the process turns out to be.

It can be external.....but often it is an internal process.

For instance: I've noted this about Pluto transitting the 7th or 8th houses or the rulers of them...... the native finds a difference in what they find attractive or valuable about partnersip or marriage. They desire something different from that which they wanted before the Pluto transit. It might go so far as to be mystified about that which they found attractive before....and even say something like, "what was I thinking? I can't believe I ever found (that person) attractive nor do I believe I could see myself with him for the rest of my life!!"
(this isn't the only transit that would bring this reaction about, but it is common with Pluto transits.)

So the house and all the connections (to and from Pluto) involved give an idea of what the transformation will be (about.).
LIN

This is very true. I've noticed this about my very existence and my work. (It's conjuncting my sun in the 6th.)

Lin

Pluto brings "irrevocable change." At some point I began using the term 'metamorphosis' as often the change brought physical changes (internal and external) along with the irrevocable change. But of course it doesn't HAVE to bring external change. That would depend upon the other heavy planets operating at the same time...especially Uranus and Saturn.

And you can't really fight Pluto. It's - as the saying goes - 'bigger than all of us.'
Meant to be changed. Necessary for one to go on to one's future. It just FEELS LIKE DEATH at the time.
Pluto and Scorpio tend to think (and feel) change= death. Usually it's just the oppsite... change means a new road. A new road sounds great for a Gemini or a Sagi....maybe even a Virgo....but a new road to a Scorpio.....sounds dangerous and scary.
LIN

emily23

I think it was Steven Arroyo who described transits as upcoming trains...depending on how sensitive/aware you are you can feel them coming up from a distance, but I tend to agree with Kannon, why try and cross bridges when you haven't even got near them?

I remember my last major Pluto transits

Firstly conjunct my Moon, did not try and prepare, worried about it a little (you know, is my mom or dad going to die etc)

In the end I just experienced it and the whole gamut of emotional drama..but was a time to remember

then Pluto was preparing to square my Sun and oppose my Mars....boy, did I read as much as I could? panicked, researched all the astro, read astrologers (ok some on forums calling themselves that) who had a 25 point list of things to do to prepare, which was utter madness looking back because there was no way that was possible..I think I freaked myself out more by myself than anything a Pluto transit could ever have done...so, to cut a long story short, don't worry about it...in my experience (and yours will be similar or different) Pluto taught me about myself...and no bogey man was ever within a thousand yards of me throughout...and again was a time to remember with lots of valuable insights....Pluto can be so kind you know...gives you lots of time to assimilate/absorb things
:happy: