Is that his gf?

boom

There's a guy (I've asked questions about before..:()

I saw a photo of him earlier with a girl and want to know if it was his gf :(

Yes, because his ruler (Venus) is conjunct Saturn, the ruler of his fifth house in Aquarius.

My co-ruler the Moon is opposite his significator Venus, which means I'll never get with him.

Attachments

• gf.jpg
    gf.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
You can ask a question about anything you want.

But horary works best with very serious questions that highly impact a person's life, and that no one else could ask. Anything that other people might ask and that doesn't impact you personally in a big way is called a frivilous question. These kinds of questions move closer and closer to getting an accurate response at a 50/50 chance.

boom

I read a couple of articles about restrictions on reading horary charts:

- early/late ascendant
- whether or not the question is radical

Does that mean if a question is honest (I did ask this question honestly), the chart can always be read?

IleneK

Premium Member
I read a couple of articles about restrictions on reading horary charts:

- early/late ascendant
- whether or not the question is radical

Does that mean if a question is honest (I did ask this question honestly), the chart can always be read?

No, there may be reasons that the chart cannot be read [is not radical], even if it was an honest question.

boom

So if a question is honest, why isn't it radical? What would the meaning of "radical" be in horary astrology?

Zarathu

Account Closed
So if a question is honest, why isn't it radical? What would the meaning of "radical" be in horary astrology?

Honesty is not an issue. Seriousness is. And the fact that you have to be the only one who can ask the question, becasue it has to do with just you. If other people could ask it, then there is the potential of multiple birth times for a question which is just not allowed.

tsmall

Premium Member
Holy moly...is my question not radical????

No...well, I don't know if the chart is radical or not, because I didn't look.

The reason I didn't look is because it's a third party question, and not to put too fine a point on it, you don't have permission to ask. In all kindness (because a lot of people are unaware) horary isn't to be misused to "spy" on or pry into the lives of others. So, some (not all) astrologers would consider it unethical to answer your question.

Can you not simply ask someone (perhaps the guy?) if it's his gf?

boom

No...well, I don't know if the chart is radical or not, because I didn't look.

The reason I didn't look is because it's a third party question, and not to put too fine a point on it, you don't have permission to ask. In all kindness (because a lot of people are unaware) horary isn't to be misused to "spy" on or pry into the lives of others. So, some (not all) astrologers would consider it unethical to answer your question.

Can you not simply ask someone (perhaps the guy?) if it's his gf?

LOL fair point tsmall.

I like to go after guys and when they show interest, I try to show strong hints. For whatever reson, I don't like being pursued. I like to pursue.

The last guy I was interested in was engaged (now married). I didn't realize at the time but his wife and friend used to come down to where I work and watch me.

Interestingly enough, I had cast a horary chart about him (if he was avoiding me) and his significator was in the 12th house. At the time, I didn't realize it, but I guess the universe was trying to say he would be hidden from me.

I don't know if this current guy has thrown hints or anything (maybe I was too dumb to notice), and when I saw those pics on Facebook, I was like :( I'll ask the next time I see him but :unsure: I admit this isn't the first time I've asked about him.

But now I have a whole bunch of other questions, like what is meant by "radical" in a horary chart? I thought it meant that an honest question had been asked and that the chart represented that snapshot of time.

tsmall

Premium Member
But now I have a whole bunch of other questions, like what is meant by "radical" in a horary chart? I thought it meant that an honest question had been asked

A radical chart for horary purposes is one in which there is agreement between the hour ruler and the ascendant/ASC ruler.

http://skyscript.co.uk/hour_agreement.pdf

This is a traditonal idea, so most modern astrologers don't consider it, and I know dr. farr does not. So I suppose that it will depend on the astrologer answering.

For most traditional astrologers, at least those who have studied Bonatti and Lilly, a non-radical chart is the only chart that cannot/should not be read...the theory being that if the hour ruler/watcher isn't paying attention it means that the Universe isn't interested in answering your question.

Frivolous charts actually can be answered, provided that they are radical, and the frivolity will show in the chart. So will honest intent, by reading the sect of the querent's significator, and the Moon.

and that the chart represented that snapshot of time.

The chart represents the answer to the question, and is not frozen. Which is why it requires an ephemeris to correcly read an horary chart.