Is he avoiding me?

boom

Hello everyone!

I know this is silly, but I can't help but wonder if I've come on too strong on a guy I like. I'm trying to reach him, but I'm not really getting any response :sad: Is he avoiding me???

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 63

Vista

The moral of the story, always let the man pursue and you will know where you stand with him. The fact he is not responding gives you a good idea of how he feels about you. Do yourself a favor and don't contact him again. Moon will square his 3rd house of communication from his 4th Mars, so there might be some irritation there from him to you. Also, Venus, your 3rd house ruler changes signs before the Moon which rules the action of the chart trines it, however the final aspect the moon makes is a trine to Mercury and Mercury is retrograding towards the Moon so I would think he will reach out soon.

Hello everyone!

I know this is silly, but I can't help but wonder if I've come on too strong on a guy I like. I'm trying to reach him, but I'm not really getting any response :sad: Is he avoiding me???

Last edited:

boom

Thank you for your advice. I suppose I jumped the gun because for a moment, I thought he was interested in me. I guess I read those signs wrong.

boom

I know I posted this a while back, but I'm trying to learn astrology. I noticed that Vista, you mentioned " Moon will square his 3rd house of communication from his 7th Mars" I understand that 3rd house is represented by Mars, but I don't understand "his 7th Mars." What does that mean? I thought that Mars was in the 4th house in the chart??

Vista

I'm sorry, I meant to say "4th house Mars." If you turn the chart around and place the Desc or his 7th house cusp as the ASC, this would place Mars in his 4th or "turned 4th house" as many describe it.

I know I posted this a while back, but I'm trying to learn astrology. I noticed that Vista, you mentioned " Moon will square his 3rd house of communication from his 7th Mars" I understand that 3rd house is represented by Mars, but I don't understand "his 7th Mars." What does that mean? I thought that Mars was in the 4th house in the chart??

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello everyone!

I wouldn't say that he is avoiding you, but he/Jupiter is exalted, so he thinks a lot of himself. You/Mercury are also in the sign of his exaltation and have no dignity, which may translate into your also thinking a lot of him but not being very strong in this matter. Moon, as your co-signifier, is angular and in his house, again showing your interest in him.

Yet Mercury and Jupiter make no aspect, and Moon's next aspect, as descriptor of the flow of events as relates to the question, is a square to Mars. So I am sorry but I see obstruction in your getting a response from him.

boom

I wouldn't say that he is avoiding you, but he/Jupiter is exalted, so he thinks a lot of himself. You/Mercury are also in the sign of his exaltation and have no dignity, which may translate into your also thinking a lot of him but not being very strong in this matter. Moon, as your co-signifier, is angular and in his house, again showing your interest in him.

Yet Mercury and Jupiter make no aspect, and Moon's next aspect, as descriptor of the flow of events as relates to the question, is a square to Mars. So I am sorry but I see obstruction in your getting a response from him.

He did e-mail me, however it was short and didn't leave any room for further conversation. He hasn't stopped by since either. Can you tell from a horary chart what he thinks of me? You were spot on about me thinking about him (it's been weeks and I still think about him).

So everyone is correct about what he did next, but does that mean he IS avoiding me???

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
He did e-mail me, however it was short and didn't leave any room for further conversation. He hasn't stopped by since either. Can you tell from a horary chart what he thinks of me? You were spot on about me thinking about him (it's been weeks and I still think about him).

So everyone is correct about what he did next, but does that mean he IS avoiding me???

I don't think that he is actually avoiding you. The chart indicates pretty clearly that there may be attraction between you: you more strongly towards him; and he is interested in you, but more strongly towards himself. So this is not avoidance of you per se, just may be inadequate interest overall on his part.

But while you/Mercury go back towards him by retrogradation, the conjunction does not perfect before Mercury goes direct. So without regard for these small perturbations from him that are immediately around you, I do not see the two of you coming together. And is not that ultimately what you really are asking about?

Last edited:

boom

Thank you very much :) I wasn't happy when I read your response and cast another chart "will we get together?" and surprise, I'm Jupiter and he's mercury moving away from me :( I admire him very much. He's very intelligent, hard-working, and funny (and handsome!).

It hurts and I'm trying to accept I'll never get with him, but I still have a couple of questions (still trying to learn):

1) When a significator (in this case Venus) is about to change signs, what does that mean?

2) Would jupiter be considered combust in the chart, or is it protected because it's in exaltation?

3) In the second chart I made, Jupiter (me) is angular (10th house). I read on another website that this means that this person (me) is haughty. Can you read the emotional state of the querent in a chart?

4) Mercury (me) retrograde: does that signify a change in mind? I wanted so much to get to know him, but after I felt like I was being avoided, I've told myself I won't interact with him. Is there anything else a retrograde could signify (not necessarily this chart, but in general)?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
1) When a significator (in this case Venus) is about to change signs, what does that mean?
2) Would jupiter be considered combust in the chart, or is it protected because it's in exaltation?
3) In the second chart I made, Jupiter (me) is angular (10th house). I read on another website that this means that this person (me) is haughty. Can you read the emotional state of the querent in a chart?

4) Mercury (me) retrograde: does that signify a change in mind? I wanted so much to get to know him, but after I felt like I was being avoided, I've told myself I won't interact with him. Is there anything else a retrograde could signify (not necessarily this chart, but in general)?

1. I would think that it would depend upon how changing sign affects the significator. In this instance, Venus changes from being dignified as daytime triplicity ruler of Cancer to being peregrine or without dignity in Leo.
So answering your question narrowly, I don't see this change of sign as indicating that a good change may be in the offing, as if, say, Venus were moving into Taurus or Pisces.

2. My understanding is a planet in its dignity or exaltation neutralizes the effects of combustion. As an aside, in this instance, Jupiter is also moving out of Sun's influence as Sun separates from Jupiter. This places Jupiter nearer to the area described as only under Sun's beams, rather than in the more intense area of combustion.

3. I believe you/Jupiter in Cancer might possibly have been described as haughty because planets their exaltation are thought by some to suggest exaggeration. When signifying an individual, it might be said that an exalted planet would have an exaggerated idea of themselves [haughty?].
Overall, though, I do not believe that horary is meant to describe inner processes or emotional states of individuals, but rather is geared to describing outcomes. Others with more experience may be able to shed more light on particular matter this than I.

4. Retrogradation usually refers to returning or going back to, repeating. In this instance, it currently indicates your attracted to, drawn to him. To my knowledge, retrogradation is interpreted pretty much like what it looks like. Ultimately you/Mercury will change direction, but I think that will be when you lose interest in him.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you very much :) I wasn't happy when I read your response and cast another chart "will we get together?" and surprise, I'm Jupiter and he's mercury moving away from me :( I admire him very much. He's very intelligent, hard-working, and funny (and handsome!).

It hurts and I'm trying to accept I'll never get with him, but ...

Also, to help familiarize your further with the rules and practice, horary does not permit casting another chart when one is not happy with the answer.

"Will we get together?" was implicit in and answered by the first chart. While your significators are approaching each other, the aspect will not perfect before Mercury reverses direction. This directly addresses the issue of whether the two of you would get together. Second charts are not valid and wind up saying the same thing as the first: "...I'm Jupiter and he's mercury moving away from me." or indicating that you already know the answer.

Last edited:

boom

First, I wanted to say thank IleneK and Vista. I really do appreciate the time you've taken to explain things. With regards to making a second chart, I was amazed how it basically said the same thing again.

I have a few more questions:

1) I don't really understand the concept of combustion in a horary chart. Like, in this case, because Jupiter is exalted, it's not under the Sun's rays? I've tried reading on other forums and I always come across conflicting information. Does the planet stil work as it would if it were exalted and not under the Sun's rays?

2) I just wanted to verify that the moon is always the co-significator of the querent (regardless of question) and the aspects it makes indicates the events that will follow. Is that correct?

3) Are horaries forever??? (grasping at straws lolol) Is it possible that someday it'll be different?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
First, I wanted to say thank IleneK and Vista. I really do appreciate the time you've taken to explain things. With regards to making a second chart, I was amazed how it basically said the same thing again.

I have a few more questions:

1) I don't really understand the concept of combustion in a horary chart. Like, in this case, because Jupiter is exalted, it's not under the Sun's rays? I've tried reading on other forums and I always come across conflicting information. Does the planet stil work as it would if it were exalted and not under the Sun's rays?

2) I just wanted to verify that the moon is always the co-significator of the querent (regardless of question) and the aspects it makes indicates the events that will follow. Is that correct?

3) Are horaries forever??? (grasping at straws lolol) Is it possible that someday it'll be different?

1. You can read a bit about the nature of combustion here:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html

It is an good reference for traditional and horary astrology.

In this instance Jupiter is under the Sun's rays within a few degrees. But as I understand it, and there may be a difference of opinion in the matter, it may be protected or insulated from combustion's adverse affects since it is in the sign of its exaltation [or if it were in its dignity.]

2. Yes. The Moon serves as co-signifier for the querent. As a second function, the Moon also governs the unfolding of the question. Its recent separating aspects indicate what has transpired up to the time of the question and its subsequent or applying aspects describe what will ensue. Look to Moon's last aspect and next aspect in particular.

3. It depends upon the question. In this instance, the chart indicates that it is not going to work out. That doesn't mean, for example, if you guys were to meet as some other time in life and under different circumstances that there is no chance you will get together. It only means that the way that matters have unfolded between you to this point indicates that getting together with him will not likely be the outcome.

I also would say that at this point, the chart suggests that it is wise for you to move on.

Last edited:

boom

All the thanks in the world IleneK! Your explanations and your seemingly unending patience have really helped

Have a wonderful day :)