Do You Have A Grand Trine?

Ok, so I guess I have 2 Grand Trine: Virgo Asc trine Mercury in Taurus trine Neptune in Capricorn and 2.Virgo Asc trine Mercury trine Uranus in Aquarius. All I know about those is that the first is good for writers :smile:

Cold Fusion

Grand trines, a t-square, a yod, plus probably a chart with the most aspects there is, with many planets at 17 degrees (Asteroids too), my Sun-Neptune midpoint is conjunct the M.C.

Last edited:

mjackieward7

Do you have a Grand Trine in your Natal Horoscope? Would you like a deeper understanding of how this factors into your personality and development?

I am conducting a research project on people that have a Grand Trine in their natal horoscope.

Not sure if you have a Grand Trine? Here's what to look for:

1) 3 Planets in trine (120 degrees) to each other. Usually all 3 planets are in the same element but not always.

or

2) 2 Planets and an angle (MC,ASC,IC,DSC) 1st house cusp, 4th house cusp 7th house cusp, 10th house cusp. Again, usually in the same element but not always.

If you have one or more Grand Trines in your natal horoscope I would like to talk with you. In exchange for contributing to my research I will offer you a full horoscope consultation at no charge.

If you have this aspect in your horoscope and have not been able to figure out what it means or what you can "do with it" please contact me and together we will explore the possibilities.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dave
do I have a fire grand trine without trines?,is it possible ?

Osamenor

Staff member
do I have a fire grand trine without trines?,is it possible ?

It's not possible to have a grand trine without trines. A grand trine is three trines snapped together like Tinker toys, forming a triangle. You can have trines without having a grand trine, but you can't have a grand trine without having trines.

To have a fire grand trine, you have to have a planet in Aries, a planet in Leo, and a planet in Sagittarius (or planets in two of those signs and an angle in the third), all of which form trines with each other.

I am in the grand trine club because I have just that: sun in Leo, moon in Sagittarius, and a Jupiter/IC/Chiron conjunction in Aries, all trine.

siam317

Hi, Dave! I think I might have a Grand Earth Trine (Saturn, Pluto, MC in Taurus). I was born in Havana, Cuba on 3/17/1959 at 2:45 PM. I am thrilled to work with you on this. Thank you!

iauiugu

I have a grand trine with my Sun, MD, and Moon/Uranus/Neptune conjunct, all in earth

I just noticed it this week so I'd love to know more about it

tumblr_nu8jjiK89D1qa2zvho1_1280.gif

mjackieward7

I have a grand trine with my Sun, MD, and Moon/Uranus/Neptune conjunct, all in earth

I just noticed it this week so I'd love to know more about it

tumblr_nu8jjiK89D1qa2zvho1_1280.gif

I don't think is possible or consider to have a Grand Trine without a third planet. First of all, you need the energy of the third planet other wise, where would the energy of the other two planets interchange in a continuous conduct point. See if there is no third planet, is like two water whose pouring water out with out a third conector and yea it can trine to the angles but you still need a third planet. A grand in itself is three planets conecting in a harmonious way to each other. So no, you need a third planet if you are to be consider to have a grand trine. I am new at astrology and I started researching this issue in the last weeks and I think this is most accurate form of perceiving grand trines.
Best regards

Osamenor

Staff member
I don't think is possible or consider to have a Grand Trine without a third planet.

The definition of a grand trine is either three planets that all trine each other, or two planets plus one angle that all trine each other. Some astrologers also consider it a grand trine if it involves two planets plus a point other than an angle, such as the north or south node, Part of Fortune, etc. So yes, it is possible to have a grand trine without a third planet.

The angles are not strong enough to form grand trines or other complex aspects by themselves, without the involvement of planets, but they are strong enough to change an aspect between planets into a complex aspect--such as a trine into a grand trine--if the angle is only one point in the aspect and the others are formed by planets.

AppLeo

Wow, old thread.

I do have a grand trine. Leo Sun, Sag Pluto, and Jupiter Pisces. Jupiter is almost in Aries. I'm not sure if it's that great of a trine though because it's outta sign and Pluto isn't all that powerful as I once thought.

Bambi95

Account Closed
Wow, old thread.

I do have a grand trine. Leo Sun, Sag Pluto, and Jupiter Pisces. Jupiter is almost in Aries. I'm not sure if it's that great of a trine though because it's outta sign and Pluto isn't all that powerful as I once thought.

Do we have a thread for out of sign aspects? My own chart has some that I think are weird as heck. Like Leo ascendant trine Pluto in Scorpio....or Virgo Mercury opposite Moon in Aquarius.

No grand trine in my chart though....

AppLeo

Do we have a thread for out of sign aspects? My own chart has some that I think are weird as heck. Like Leo ascendant trine Pluto in Scorpio....or Virgo Mercury opposite Moon in Aquarius.

I've posted some threads and read some threads on out of sign aspects. What I got from them is that it's up to you to decide. Generally, modern astrologers count out of sign, and traditional astrologers do not.

conspiracy theorist

Many people count out-of-sign aspects as being valid in a chart, especially if the orbs are close i.e. 3 degrees or less.

Another barometer to gauge is if the aspect seems to have an effect in your life. An example is my Moon in Aquarius square Pluto in Sagittarius. Based on how my life is, I'd say this aspect is very operative. But it helps that both planets are both close in declination to further merge these two together.

Yes. A very old thread and thank you all for 'dusting it off'. As far as the Grand Trine and out of sign goes the most important thing is orb between the planets.

Planets that are in a very weak orb that are all in the same sign will not manifest themselves as strongly in the individual's life as planets that are very close in orb, this is true in sign or out of sign.

Bambi95

Account Closed
I've posted some threads and read some threads on out of sign aspects. What I got from them is that it's up to you to decide. Generally, modern astrologers count out of sign, and traditional astrologers do not.

Thanks, Snapple Apple!

Many people count out-of-sign aspects as being valid in a chart, especially if the orbs are close i.e. 3 degrees or less.

Another barometer to gauge is if the aspect seems to have an effect in your life. An example is my Moon in Aquarius square Pluto in Sagittarius. Based on how my life is, I'd say this aspect is very operative. But it helps that both planets are both close in declination to further merge these two together.

So for conjunctions it'd have to be within 3 degrees of each other. While for say the Square (I have this square to Jupiter) it'd have to be, say 5 degrees Jupiter square 28 degrees Moon?

conspiracy theorist

So for conjunctions it'd have to be within 3 degrees of each other. While for say the Square (I have this square to Jupiter) it'd have to be, say 5 degrees Jupiter square 28 degrees Moon?

Since it's an applying aspect, I'd say it can be counted. If it was the other way around it may be an incredibly faint influence.

mjackieward7

I have a grand trine with Pluto, Jupiter, and my Ascendant.

I Heard that grand trines to points with only two planets does not count. Why? because most charts are innacurate by half an hour or so the chances for people to actually have a grand trine with two planets and a point in the chart are slim...
This is not what I think, is what I heard....:whistling: