Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 07-17-2009, 11:05 PM

Exclamation Sidereal Time Of Birth or Civil Time Of Birth?

Hello,here,I have done a caculation and converted my Civil Time Of Birth to Sidereal Time of birth. I have heard from other astrologers that you use sidereal time of birth to make all other charts (natal,sidereal birth chart,etc.). My sidereal TOB is 4:16 AM...making me rising (gives new meaning to my username Capricornius Aquarius!). It was a bit difficult to caculate my sidereal time of birth. Should I use my sidereal time of birth for other astrological caculations,or just use my civil (regular) time of birth? My guess is to use sidereal TOB,but I'm not for sure.

Thanks for all your help (tried to interpet it a little more this time),
Capricornius Aquarius.

I'm very nice,sensitive,young,and friendly. My Myers-Briggs personality type is ISFP-Introverted,Sensing,Feeling,Perciving. Music is my passion,loving is caring,and feeling is amazing. Capricorn in sidereal,Aquarius in tropical. Peace,Epiphany.
Unread 07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Banned

Re: Sidereal Time Of Birth or Civil Time Of Birth?

Your time of birth never changes, don't know why your are bothering trying to convert unless you are calculating manually and why bother since www.astro.com is very very accurate.
Unread 07-18-2009, 01:47 PM

Thank you,I looked at the sidereal time from astro.com and entered that in. I just don't really know which time to use,civil or sidereal. I tried to do it manually...astro.com says 4:47 AM.
I'm very nice,sensitive,young,and friendly. My Myers-Briggs personality type is ISFP-Introverted,Sensing,Feeling,Perciving. Music is my passion,loving is caring,and feeling is amazing. Capricorn in sidereal,Aquarius in tropical. Peace,Epiphany.
Unread 07-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornius_Aquarius View Post
Thank you,I looked at the sidereal time from astro.com and entered that in. I just don't really know which time to use,civil or sidereal. I tried to do it manually...astro.com says 4:47 AM.

perhaps if you were to explain more as to why you are using sidereal? maybe more people would respond. Western astrology on astro uses
western geocentric (tropical) but there is a drop down box for others and two of those sare sidereal.....

If you are a newbie it's best to stick with astro, they do all the calculations for you automatically. Your birth cannot and should not be changed
Unread 07-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks...here's a website that basically makes me think sidereal TIME is the way to go...http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_d...lcSidereal.htm.
Astro.com gives you your sidereal time,but there's more of an explanation.
Unread 07-18-2009, 05:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frank

Use your local, civil time.

Sidereal time is only really needed if you are trying to calculate charts by hand - and that is always related to the local, civil time for each chart.

Forget about sidereal time. It's a moot point that will only give you incorrect results if you use it to try an calculate a chart.
Unread 07-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Niplan

I wouldn't rely on that website either, Its calculated SEVERAL charts wrong that i have.

I have about 10 charts that i re-ran on solarfire after obtaining a copy, that the ascendents, and even positions of planets were off. It might be due to the fact i live in BFE. But still, it shouldn't matter. (plus the charts are ugly)
Unread 07-18-2009, 06:44 PM

Thank you guys.
Unread 07-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Like I said earlier, why would you want to calculate charts by hand when you have access to a computer?

Quote:
You can discover the sidereal time at noon or midnight from an ephemeris. The noon ephemeris gives the sidereal time at noon, and the midnight ephemeris at midnight.
These ephemeris are books for plotting where the planets are ususally for 100 years. Great for using in transit work too, plus day for a year secondary progressions....

Move on and use astro.com don't get stuck in the maths or sidreal bit cos you are missing 'so' much exploration time...
Unread 01-24-2012, 01:54 AM

Red face Re: Sidereal Time Of Birth or Civil Time Of Birth?

In Sidereal astrology, I would be a Capricorn-Aquarius (Feb. 15th, 1980 at 0:11 sidereal time minus 8 hours-1421 Pacific time) instead of the dawn of Pisces deal. It feels like I'm wrong all the time about my Aquarian-ness.

Tags
birth, civil, sidereal, time