Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 09-05-2018, 05:34 AM

Question on Gana

Pure curiosity here.

The Gana stems from from the Nakshatra in Vedic astrology. While I know my Nakshatra I have also glanced over the Nakshatra that I would be in if my moon lied where my Sun does, it does describe me to an extent, however the Gana of the area fits me more so than that of my Moon. So is it possible the Gana of the Sun sign is also worth noting?

I also note that I favor or express the Makara rashi, with Mangala being placed in this sign [exalted] and it is of the same Gana that is my Sun.

If I look at my Atmakaraka Rashi in place of the Ascendant (they are likeky close though) it points to Mangala as well [as Mangala rules the sign]. This Atmakaraka rashi too lies in the in a the territory of the same Gana as my Sun and Mangala.

Then I must ask is the Gana possibly influenced by other powerful planets in the chart?

Thoughts?

For some irony the animal of the area of Nakshatra in which Mangala lies is a lioness,a symbolic extension of my Nakshatra's Rasi.

Tags
gana, question