Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,238
House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

Are house cusp conjunctions more significant than planets falling in houses ?

With regards to mine and a guys chart, his Natal sun is 18,28 Leo exactly conjunct my 8th house cusp.

As its exactly conjunct the cusp, is this more significant then his sun falling in my 8th house ?

__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-10-2018, 09:55 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,316
Re: House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

I think this is a bit of a stretch. Your house cusps will vary depending upon which house system you use. You can check out different house systems on the Astrodienst free charts pages.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,238
Re: House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

I only use placidus with my chart, whole signs doesn't make sense with regards to who/how i am.

I just thought his sun falling exactly on my 8th house cusp, was saying something other than it falling in the 8th house.....its EXACTLY on the cusp.

Ill have to do some digging around on google.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-10-2018, 10:21 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,886
Re: House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Are house cusp conjunctions more significant than planets falling in houses ?

With regards to mine and a guys chart, his Natal sun is 18,28 Leo exactly conjunct my 8th house cusp.

As its exactly conjunct the cusp, is this more significant then his sun falling in my 8th house ?
The cusp of the house is considered a sensitive point, regardless of which house system you use. The cusp of an angular house will likely have more significance, because that cusp is an angle.
But the cusps of the other houses are sensitive as well.
So I would say yes that his Sun on the cusp of your 8th might be considered more influential than if the Sun were domiciled elsewhere in the 8th.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (07-10-2018)
  #5  
Unread 07-10-2018, 10:40 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,316
Re: House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

Chrysalis, as you know, there are dozens of house systems. Placidus, whole signs, equal house, Koch, Regiomontanus, Alcibitus, Sunshine, Porphyry, Campanus, Vehlow..... the list goes on.

If you want to make something out of a Placidus house cusp, that's fine; but on a list of important considerations in synastry, his sun opposite your 8th house cusp would be way, way down on my list of important contact points. For example, are your suns sextiled or trined? Does his sun conjunct, sextile, or trine your moon or ascendant?
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (07-10-2018), IleneK (07-10-2018)
  #6  
Unread 07-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,238
Re: House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
The cusp of the house is considered a sensitive point, regardless of which house system you use. The cusp of an angular house will likely have more significance, because that cusp is an angle.
But the cusps of the other houses are sensitive as well.
So I would say yes that his Sun on the cusp of your 8th might be considered more influential than if the Sun were domiciled elsewhere in the 8th.
Yes this is what i was thinking, its only his sun directly on my 8th cusp...all other planets fall in the houses.

So as it falls on the cusp, it is more 8th houses sensitive related.....yes this does make sense to what i was thinking it could mean.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-10-2018, 10:55 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,238
Re: House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Chrysalis, as you know, there are dozens of house systems. Placidus, whole signs, equal house, Koch, Regiomontanus, Alcibitus, Sunshine, Porphyry, Campanus, Vehlow..... the list goes on.

If you want to make something out of a Placidus house cusp, that's fine; but on a list of important considerations in synastry, his sun opposite your 8th house cusp would be way, way down on my list of important contact points. For example, are your suns sextiled or trined? Does his sun conjunct, sextile, or trine your moon or ascendant?
Ive only ever used placidus with my chart, ive stuck with it as it makes sense to me...hence never looking into any others.

His suns conjunct my 8th cusp, not opposite.

In natal-natal with regards to his sun, its conjunct my vertex thats all. My sun sextiles his asc/venus. And only in progressions - progressions, his pr sun conjuncts my pr vertex. (exact as in his sun17,90 - my vertex17,20 virgo)
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-12-2018, 05:21 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,316
Re: House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

My typo-- sorry I didn't catch it.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
conjunctions, cusp, house, synastry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.