Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-23-2017, 11:05 AM
hyphen hyphen is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 117
translation of light?

hello there!
I made a chart asking if I'll make a love relationship with a guy I like.
sun is seperating from saturn but mercury is going to conjunct sun after making a trine with saturn. can we consider this as translation of light???
But saturn is retro and going to conjunct uranus... So I think its a no..
I dont know.. Any help?
Here's the chart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new8.jpg (109.6 KB, 37 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 04-23-2017, 11:11 AM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 12,791
Re: translation of light?

i have to incline to say yes

cause merc is faster than sun
with retro merc is slower than the sun

it shouldnt affect a general rule of TOL
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
hyphen (04-24-2017)
  #3  
Unread 04-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: translation of light?

Mercury is moving away from the sun. And they won't meet in Taurus, either, so....not so sure about this. I'd be inclined to say no.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
hyphen (04-24-2017)
  #4  
Unread 04-23-2017, 12:04 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 12,791
Re: translation of light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Mercury is moving away from the sun. And they won't meet in Taurus, either, so....not so sure about this. I'd be inclined to say no.
yeah but merc perfects with saturn
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
hyphen (04-24-2017)
  #5  
Unread 04-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: translation of light?

So how would Mercury take Saturn's light to the sun? Worse because both Merc and Saturn are rx.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
hyphen (04-24-2017)
  #6  
Unread 04-23-2017, 12:42 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 12,791
Re: translation of light?

umm merc receives sun by face
saturn gets merc by aspect
yes true bad reception BUT saturn wins. it is the heaviest and saturn is the most dignified
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
hyphen (04-24-2017)
  #7  
Unread 04-23-2017, 02:15 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,889
Re: translation of light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
umm merc receives sun by face
saturn gets merc by aspect
yes true bad reception BUT saturn wins. it is the heaviest and saturn is the most dignified
Just to clarify please:

1. So you are saying that there is a reception component to TOL, as in merc receives sun by face?

2. And that the faster planet does not have to perfect,
but rather only has to apply to one sig while separating from the other?

Thank you, my friend.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
hyphen (04-24-2017)
  #8  
Unread 04-24-2017, 02:26 PM
hyphen hyphen is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 117
Re: translation of light?

I'm confused here..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 04-25-2017, 04:10 AM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 12,791
Re: translation of light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Just to clarify please:

1. So you are saying that there is a reception component to TOL, as in merc receives sun by face?

2. And that the faster planet does not have to perfect,
but rather only has to apply to one sig while separating from the other?

Thank you, my friend.
yeah my darlin

okay lets look

we have 2 separating planets .. correct?
3rd one merc is the fastest among 2 .. correct?
it is retro .. ya?
now we need to look at table of dignities to find Mercury
in either sun or saturn, there has to be mercury

we see mercury term in sun

therefore there is TOL.
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 04-25-2017, 02:47 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,889
Re: translation of light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
yeah my darlin

okay lets look

we have 2 separating planets .. correct?
3rd one merc is the fastest among 2 .. correct?
it is retro .. ya?
now we need to look at table of dignities to find Mercury
in either sun or saturn, there has to be mercury

we see mercury term in sun

therefore there is TOL.
This was a really helpful instuctional example.
Thank you.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 04-25-2017, 09:11 PM
breeze breeze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 136
Re: translation of light?

Mercury has separated from Sun, and it is now applying to Saturn. So, that is techinically ToL.

However, we need to look at the receptions between the planets if ToL will "actually" take place.

Saturn is at the detriment of Mercury. A planet will not receive another planet from its detriment. So, Mercury will not transfer Sun's light to Saturn.

Mercury is at the fall of Saturn which is is to say Saturn wld. not be happy/ regret with the outcome if Mercury EVER transferred the light of Sun to Saturn ( if Saturn was in another sign rather than Sag or Pisces )

So, Sun and Saturn is not like to become together.

Also, Uranus is conjuct MC which is in the nature of separation/ splitting.

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 04-25-2017, 11:35 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 51,178
Re: translation of light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post

yeah my darlin
okay lets look

we have 2 separating planets .. correct?
3rd one merc is the fastest among 2 .. correct?
it is retro .. ya?
now we need to look at table of dignities to find Mercury
in either sun or saturn, there has to be mercury

we see mercury term in sun

therefore there is TOL.
Sun is in Terms of Venus

however
Sun IS in Face of Mercury = very weak reception
Mercury receives Sun by Face

Mercury is in Exaltation and Triplicity of Sun = strong reception
Sun receives Mercury by Exaltation and Triplicity

Mercury IS in terms of Saturn using Egyptian Terms
Saturn receives Mercury by term

Saturn is in Suns Triplicity
Sun receives Saturn by Triplicity



Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post

Mercury has separated from Sun, and it is now applying to Saturn. So, that is techinically ToL.

However, we need to look at the receptions between the planets if ToL will "actually" take place.

Saturn is at the detriment of Mercury.
A planet will not receive another planet from its detriment.
So, Mercury will not transfer Sun's light to Saturn.
Except that Saturn receives Mercury by term
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post

Mercury is at the fall of Saturn
which is is to say Saturn wld. not be happy/ regret with the outcome
if Mercury EVER transferred the light of Sun to Saturn
( if Saturn was in another sign rather than Sag or Pisces )


So, Sun and Saturn is not like to become together.

Also, Uranus is conjuct MC which is in the nature of separation/ splitting.

Regards
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 04-25-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 04-26-2017, 12:02 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,053
Re: translation of light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
hello there!
I made a chart asking if I'll make a love relationship with a guy I like.
sun is seperating from saturn but mercury is going to conjunct sun after making a trine with saturn. can we consider this as translation of light???
But saturn is retro and going to conjunct uranus... So I think its a no..
I dont know.. Any help?
Here's the chart
Not seeing a relationship. Sun and Saturn have no aspect. Both Mercury and Saturn are debilitated here, being rx is not a good thing. Mercury and Saturn have a mutual negative reception, Plus a rx planet here cannot translate light or give its own light.

So we focus on Moon and Saturn, there is an aspect. Moon exalts Venus, Moon is mute and peregrine. Saturn rx but in triplicity of Sun. So this shows Saturn has some interest in Sun, but its not that strong.

The aspect is there and some reception, but its not a positive chart. It may mean some dating that fizzles out. He will back away. So ultimately its a no.

edit: what you suggest above that Mercury applies to Saturn then changes sign and applies to Sun, its a no...the translation has to be within the one sign, change of sign changes people, situation outcomes.... I once had an out of sign aspect between the significators and the question was whether I would get the apartment, I did get an apartment but not the one I initially asked about. This is just an example.

Last edited by rafaella; 04-26-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
IleneK (04-26-2017), JUPITERASC (04-26-2017)
Reply

Tags
light, translation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.