Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 04-29-2017, 10:50 PM

Re: Uranus in Taurus

I have seen very negative things suggested about Uranus in Taurus, based on the last few times Uranus has been in the sign, for example in the 1930s-1940s. I'm most concerned about the rise of nationalism and white nationalism in Europe and the US, and we've already seen the rise of white nationalism in Europe as of now. In the US, we have been seeing a rise in very bold acts of racism. Lately there has been about 3 incidents at my old university in which white nationalist fliers have been posted around the campus, most recently they were stuck on the door of the multicultural center. The campus is a very diverse school around Los Angeles and something this overt is pretty unheard of nowadays. There's been a string of other incidences such as people in a restaurant being asked to prove their citizenship by a server before being allowed to order (they were Latino/a):
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/us/cal...er-fired-trnd/

Recently a young man attacked people who did not identify as Republican in Kentucky:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...428-story.html

Also I am concerned about the current administration gutting just about every social program, removing environmental regulations, and just recently threatening national parks! I'm really concerned also for the organization I work for and ones like it. We provide various social services for youth and their families who are economically vulnerable. I think we will be seeing a rise in poverty and even more stress on low-income people. I'm also concerned about the rising cost of university and young people with student loans.

I have seen it suggested there will be a big economic problem this time in Uranus in Taurus, and someone suggested to be very cautious with any savings.

As for farming, in the US, farming is already a capitalist mess so I don't really know about that. But in California, without environmental regulations and protections, our water crisis could get even worse.

I also worry our opioid/heroin crisis is going to get worse without adequate social programs in place.

And to be frank, I'm worried DJT is going to start a serious war.

But on a positive note after all of that, I hope by the end of this period, feminism will see a strong return. I believe perhaps due to Pisces and Aries' influence, modern feminism has been dominated by corporate influence and a focus on the individual as opposed to the collective, and I think this has been detrimental. The highest growing suicide rate from 1999 to 2014 in the US has been for young girls 10-14. (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db241.htm)
I'm hoping we can become more "grounded" after this period.

Last edited by belabismo; 04-29-2017 at 10:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to belabismo For This Useful Post:
Doomsday (05-03-2018)
Unread 05-01-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belabismo View Post
I have seen very negative things suggested about Uranus in Taurus, based on the last few times Uranus has been in the sign, for example in the 1930s-1940s. I'm most concerned about the rise of nationalism
Actually, puto in cancer was probably a bigger factor back then. Cancer is more strongly associated with cultural pride than taurus. The taurus effect is loyalty and solidarity.

Coincidentally, pluto is currently in the opposite sign of capricorn. Capricorn represents societal structures (government). The two are interconnected. When pluto was in cancer, it was cultural pride that gave way to government upheaval. So this time it might be in reverse? The last time pluto was in cap, the US declaration of independence (capricorn theme) gave way to a new national pride (cancer theme).
The Following User Says Thank You to !4C For This Useful Post:
chris10 (05-01-2017)
Unread 05-19-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Hey, could you link me to the chart that you're using? As you're most likely aware, the conventional chart people use for Putin has him with a Scorpio ASC with all his Libra in the 12th
If Putin isn't a Libra Rising, I don't know what is.:big grin:

Just mho though...

(I said this over some KFC talking to a friend of mine during something super important..) - Publius
Unread 05-19-2017, 02:03 PM

I've been thinking about the controversial issues with cryptocurrencies. At first, it seems like governments would be against these because currency manipulation is important to a nation's prosperity. Then I realized that governments, or at least some government officials, might embrace cryptocurrencies due to its non-traceability. Not only can they be used for hiding money trails, but their short-term values can also be manipulated by big players. Cryptocurrencies could also be a boon for government corruption.
Unread 05-19-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
Not sure what the means.

Keynesian economics theory was hatched the last time uranus was in taurus. It didn't really have much of an impact until recent decades. We can see what that brought us.
I do not disagree with your conclusion, but Keynesian economics didn't have much impact until recent decades?
Whatever do you mean?
What kind of economic theory do you think drove US government decision-making post WWII, the 50's, 60's and forward if not Keysian?

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 05-19-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
I do not disagree with your conclusion, but Keynesian economics didn't have much impact until recent decades?
Whatever do you mean?
I guess I'm a pessimist. I meant negative impacts from its widespread abuse. The way I see it, its popular support has gradually grown from economic savior to a monetarily/fiscally stimulated growth addiction that actually threatens future economic stability.
Unread 05-19-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I guess I'm a pessimist. I meant negative impacts from its widespread abuse. The way I see it, its popular support has gradually grown from economic savior to a monetarily/fiscally stimulated growth addiction that actually threatens future economic stability.
Well, I cannot disagree with any of that. Sadly.
I am not sure we can even call it abuses. Negative impacts arise from its ordinary use. There are always costs, adverse effects, in all systems, economic or otherwise, connected with any good that system might achieve.
it's a mysteriously paradoxical world we perceive and live in.
i appreciate your thoughts and comments, !4C.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 05-19-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 05-20-2017, 02:26 AM

As Uranus transits through Taurus, remember that countries and cities with Taurus ascendants (or MC's) will be especially influenced by Uranus, and also that the opposite sign, Scorpio will be influenced (by opposition) as well. Plus the decans (I use the ancient Manilius decan allocations) will be mundanely affected by the Uranus transit as well: first the Cancer decan, then a couple years later the Leo decan, and in the final couple of years of the transit, the Virgo decan will be affected. Cities and countries "under" these signs, will be especially affected by the Uranus transit (in addition to Taurus)...

One effect characteristic of Uranus in Taurus will be ups and downs of significant notice in the financial markets; not the pretty much progressive advance seen over the past 7 years as Uranus transited Aries, but a much more choppy and "swinging" financial trend, with rather drastic swings a definite possibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-20-2017)
Unread 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
There are always costs, adverse effects, in all systems, economic or otherwise, connected with any good that system might achieve.
Yes, and our leaders do good job at implying that there aren't any downsides. What amazes me more is that no one from the media will publicly challenge them on it.

I'm guessing that there will be some type of an economic crisis during this transit. What else would provide the impetus to invent a new economic concept? It isn't something that changes on whim.

Recently, high profile people with background in AI software development have warned that the technology is currently making big leaps and many jobs will be eliminated in the near future. In other words, the threat of AI/robots on society isn't science fiction anymore. Bill Gates even recommended that the government should tax robots to make up for the the lost income tax revenues.
Unread 05-20-2017, 09:54 PM

Smile Re: Uranus in Taurus

Quote:
Yes, and our leaders do good job at implying that there aren't any downsides. What amazes me more is that no one from the media will publicly challenge them on it.

I'm guessing that there will be some type of an economic crisis during this transit. What else would provide the impetus to invent a new economic concept? It isn't something that changes on whim.

Recently, high profile people with background in AI software development have warned that the technology is currently making big leaps and many jobs will be eliminated in the near future. In other words, the threat of AI/robots on society isn't science fiction anymore. Bill Gates even recommended that the government should tax robots to make up for the the lost income tax revenues.
The Pluto in Aquarius generation will have a huge impact on how we conduct business on the Planet. Like-minded individuals acting in concert is an extremely powerful force.
Unread 05-20-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Like-minded individuals acting in concert is an extremely powerful force.
Huh? You think humans will evolve into ants?
Unread 05-20-2017, 10:22 PM

Smile Re: Uranus in Taurus

Quote:
Huh? You think humans will evolve into ants?
More like an extreme version of the Occupy Movement, and more influential and effective. Like-minded individuality isn't planned out or top-down.
Unread 05-21-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
That's not the case from where I'm from, but then our food industry isn't quit so technologically advanced. Similar to a natal chart, the current placements in the sky will affect different entities in disparate ways.

For one, IIRC Pluto entered Capricorn during the 2008 recession. Our country hasn't weathered that storm well, and it's a struggle to both meet our financial obligations to the IMF (which resulted in us having to sell our national airline), as well as to allocate resources in order for the country to continue to develop economically. Just a lot of debt and budget deficits. It doesn't help that our government is corrosive, corrupt and incompetent which makes it easier for us to remain in the gutters.
I was researching the food/medicine plant Moringa recently and it seems that the native of India has taken root elsewhere in the world including the Caribbean. According to some it is changing the landscape of agriculture in places like Jamaica, greatly helping people economically, and socially. Here are examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOM9zkkDDK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFxwxLsDXTg

Last edited by Kuntuzangmo; 05-21-2017 at 03:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-17-2017)
Unread 12-17-2017, 08:00 PM

Real profit from breeding virtual cats? Will the business of virtual assets be foundation for future economic growth?
Unread 05-03-2018, 05:07 PM

No doubt the Pluto-Uranus aspect will herald a massive calamity.
And I say calamity because people inherently resist change instead of actively growing it, and we a due for a mega disaster or sorts anyways.

Last edited by Doomsday; 05-20-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Unread 05-04-2018, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Actually, puto in cancer was probably a bigger factor back then. Cancer is more strongly associated with cultural pride than taurus. The taurus effect is loyalty and solidarity.

Coincidentally, pluto is currently in the opposite sign of capricorn. Capricorn represents societal structures (government). The two are interconnected. When pluto was in cancer, it was cultural pride that gave way to government upheaval. So this time it might be in reverse? The last time pluto was in cap, the US declaration of independence (capricorn theme) gave way to a new national pride (cancer theme).
I would have to agree with this.
Unread 05-04-2018, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
No doubt the Pluto-Uranus opposition will herald a massive calamity.
And I say calamity because people inherently resist change instead of actively growing it, and we a due for a mega disaster or sorts anyways.
You mean when Pluto is in Pisces and Uranus is in Virgo? I swear, whenever there's a Pluto Uranus clash its always affecting most of my planets. Bummer. For Mr, it didn't signal change. It just meant I had to go into hiding from abusive controlling ppl.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Doomsday (05-20-2018)
Unread 05-08-2018, 06:46 AM

I think Uranus in Taurus would be like...

1. Youtube, yahoo, facebook and other internet will start charging us...
And youtubers might not get any money off of youtube.
Amazon and ebay will find ways to help their sellers and buyers much
easier way to exchange money.
2. My man, Trump will probably make USA's financial situation better.
3. The bank will change. Come up with ideas.
4. Fashion clothes, we might have a new style of dressing. Just like
the 80's and 70's...
5. Maybe more and more women will become independent. Rebellious... We will see more women and metoo movement... and abortion rights.
6. Stores will change their ways to selling things.
7. McDonalds and other restaurants will have robot workers.
8. More women will stop wearing makeups. Or maybe there will be
a much easier way to put on makeup. or new hair products.
9. A different style of cooking...
10. Maybe we won't be using credit card... may have something different payment method. Credit cards, diners card were around 1934, when Uranus in Taurus.
11. Maybe we will have new technology.... or maybe our guns will be taken away.
12. Maybe we can buy grocery online.
13. Or maybe food stamps will be taken away.
14. or we may get food poisoning. We might have to find some other stuff to eat. Vegetarians may tell us what to eat and fight... releasing the farm animals.
15. Or maybe everybody suddenly became rich now.
16. Kim Jong and other dictators will rise to power. Adolf Hitler became leader when Uranus was in Taurus. Maybe the government will take away our guns and arts. Be careful who you are voting for in election year 2020. Keep Trump.... don't vote democrat for President.
17. There will maybe some changes in actors and actresses, singers, our music may change. Wizard of Oz... colorize... wow... in 1939.
We might have something different with our tv shows and movies.
18. Or we might become poor, find ways to make money. or maybe the minimum wages will go up or stay the same...
19. Women around the world, especially the Middle East, might gain some power. Finally have back bones.
20. Uranus in Aries.. was probably about MEN waking up. Or maybe we, as individual, dealing with depression, and mental illness. Uranus finally getting out of our head. Uranus in Taurus will do something about the vocal cord
or throat, Voice recognition. We probably don't have to have a credit card at a gas station... The cell phone may connect to the bank. Just scan our cell phone. Don't even need a key either to open the car door or to open our house. We can tell the car to "start".
Unread 05-11-2018, 06:09 AM

On a personal note, I'm really looking forward to Uranus in Taurus. Planets in Taurus are the best place for me. Uranus will enters the sign in a few days but I've been feeling the energy for more than a month.

Somehow, planets in Taurus make me feel so good. I feel calm, peaceful (more than Libra), I feel my muscles more physically if that makes sense. Eg: when Saturn was in Taurus I had my vest dancing years. My body was strong and in good health no matter what I ate. In fact when planets are in Taurus I can eat whatever I want and not put on any weight. Must be due to my Venus and mars in Virgo. Planets in Capricorn however make me tired.
Interestingly, when Uranus entered Aries I experienced and extreme level of adrenal fatigue an hypersensitivity to food which led to diabetes. I couldn't eat a quarter cup more of rice than I was allowed without my sugar levels going bonkers. Yet now I'm back to normal again. Amazing what harmonious aspects can do with your body. I mean Neptune and Uranus in Pisces opposite my Venus triggered diabetes as well.

But yeah, I can't wait for this Taurus transit. My mars in Virgo twins and my mars in Capricorn son are getting active and fit with me. Were doing core exercises (best for Virgos).
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Doomsday (05-20-2018)
Unread 05-11-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
On a personal note, I'm really looking forward to Uranus in Taurus. Planets in Taurus are the best place for me. Uranus will enters the sign in a few days but I've been feeling the energy for more than a month.

Somehow, planets in Taurus make me feel so good. I feel calm, peaceful (more than Libra), I feel my muscles more physically if that makes sense. Eg: when Saturn was in Taurus I had my vest dancing years. My body was strong and in good health no matter what I ate. In fact when planets are in Taurus I can eat whatever I want and not put on any weight. Must be due to my Venus and mars in Virgo. Planets in Capricorn however make me tired.
Interestingly, when Uranus entered Aries I experienced and extreme level of adrenal fatigue an hypersensitivity to food which led to diabetes. I couldn't eat a quarter cup more of rice than I was allowed without my sugar levels going bonkers. Yet now I'm back to normal again. Amazing what harmonious aspects can do with your body. I mean Neptune and Uranus in Pisces opposite my Venus triggered diabetes as well.

But yeah, I can't wait for this Taurus transit. My mars in Virgo twins and my mars in Capricorn son are getting active and fit with me. Were doing core exercises (best for Virgos).
Wow, a diabetes trigger, and now your ok..thatís good. .I have Aries 6th house . health wise, Ive had major nervous energy.. anxiety. .so hopefully the Uranus trine, as you said, brings some harmonic energy.
Unread 05-11-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luney View Post
Wow, a diabetes trigger, and now your ok..thatís good. .I have Aries 6th house . health wise, Ive had major nervous energy.. anxiety. .so hopefully the Uranus trine, as you said, brings some harmonic energy.
Yes!! My 6th is also Aries. So that means your health is mars in Virgo too? Yeah there's a strong link between adrenal fatigue and diabetes. I'm pretty sure the trine will ground the mars and give it the calm it needs.
Unread 05-11-2018, 08:32 AM

so if Uranus enters Taurus, it will go to your 7th house?

So I guess... it would probably be divorce, dealing with marriage or unusual relationship,
legal, lawsuit and your partners disagreeing with you.. no longer want to work with you.

Someone suddenly sued you for something. May have a boyfriend or girlfriend

My nephew has Aries in his 6th house too... He has Irritable bowel syndrome.

He wanted to join the Air Force... but I don't think the military wants
someone who has to use the restroom every 5 minutes.
Unread 05-11-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAstro View Post

So I guess... it would probably be divorce, dealing with marriage or unusual relationship,
legal, lawsuit and your partners disagreeing with you.. no longer want to work with you.

Lol yeah tummy seems to be most affected.

I have a massive 6th house so it ranges from 12degrees Aries to 23degrees Taurus. So I'm sure those relationship dramas will happen towards the end of Taurus. When Saturn was there and entered Gemini, I made a lot of relationship mistakes.
Unread 05-11-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAstro View Post

Haha.. that's so funny .. I might have mentioned I'm not married and dodged that Uranian 7th house bullet. I will probably get evicted and have to share house, or the rent will go up. strange, cause all my neighbors just got a rent rise, not me. .yet..with Saturn transiting my second and third house, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe Ill get sued for being a CoCo Pops Astrologer...lol
Unread 05-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luney View Post
Haha.. that's so funny .. I might have mentioned I'm not married and dodged that Uranian 7th house bullet. I will probably get evicted and have to share house, or the rent will go up. strange, cause all my neighbors just got a rent rise, not me. .yet..with Saturn transiting my second and third house, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe Ill get sued for being a CoCo Pops Astrologer...lol
You never know. You may meet someone during that transit.

Tags
taurus, uranus