List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology

YonyGursho

I, for one, would argue that the only Illogical system in astrology is relocation astrology, as it insists on certain things to be true that cannot possibly be, and also assumes certain things to be true that have yet to be proven true or untrue.

petosiris

Banned
I, for one, would argue that the only Illogical system in astrology is relocation astrology, as it insists on certain things to be true that cannot possibly be, and also assumes certain things to be true that have yet to be proven true or untrue.

Only one of the 43 systems in the OP is illogical :unsure:

petosiris

Banned
I think this is my new favourite thread on this site I am only about 1/4 way down the 1st page and didn't even honestly understand every term used so far :andy:
Regardless I feel more resonance with so much information than I do with majority of what I have been taught up to now (in my short time of studying astrology I will add..but we all have to start somewhere)

But yes somebody explained relevance of Lilith by telling me a bible story and I was left scratching my head having meant it in the astrological sense I could not quite place the relevance in my chart based in such terms and wasted a whole afternoon wondering if most professional astrologers are relying soley on the stories of a medley of gods and godesses to interpret meanings rather than using their qualities as metaphors for the effects of positions of tangible planets and points.

I must admit I am very cynical person and sometimes I read some thing someone shares about astrology and I wonder if I am too much of a cynic for this interest and field of study but maybe I am very much just reading the wrong things on those days, it is hard to know where to start though but I supose it helps me in a sense when I read some information and feel completely at a loss in my faith in astrology as a whole...then at least I know.. that is not the source for me.
I know everyone sees things and interprets things differently and thats their choice but I really do appreciate to see someone posting somethings which make sense to me without having to instinctively question their whole basis of how they came to the conclusion of what they are telling me.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge here I will get on and see if I will continue to feel as refreshed by the rest of the thread as I do after this first initial few posts (in which case I feel I wont even now need to go to bed tonight and I will already be revitalised enough to proceed with my studying in the morning!)
Thanks
Sian

Edit:
Was NOT revitalising ...lots of interesting links but I will have to come back to them when I have the strength to continue sieving through the umbrageous replies in order to further my knoledge...sigh
Current Angst level : maximum limit
Gnite star watchers

Thread is hell after first post, not recommended.

david starling

I do not find, that anyone that takes the time to write, about what they say or feel or see, by whatever means has wasted their time.......there will always be people that disagree, with whatever anyone writes or says......I try to state my mind, and stay out of personal contentions.......arguing about belief is fruitless, discussions on belief are interesting.......I have been involved in both, my Mars is in Cancer, some say it is detrimental, I have come to like it.......I now try to stay away from argumentative people, it is uninspiring.........

As for self delusion, as we grow, our beliefs change, continually, what we may see as fact 10 20 or more years ago, may change in an instant with discussion or reading, with arguing....not so much......

Mars in Cancer: Emotionally Self-directed. [12/12]

david starling

I do not find, that anyone that takes the time to write, about what they say or feel or see, by whatever means has wasted their time.......there will always be people that disagree, with whatever anyone writes or says......I try to state my mind, and stay out of personal contentions.......arguing about belief is fruitless, discussions on belief are interesting.......I have been involved in both, my Mars is in Cancer, some say it is detrimental, I have come to like it.......I now try to stay away from argumentative people, it is uninspiring.........

As for self delusion, as we grow, our beliefs change, continually, what we may see as fact 10 20 or more years ago, may change in an instant with discussion or reading, with arguing....not so much......

Just saying something good about Mars in Cancer. :biggrin: