Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 11-09-2019, 03:38 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

You have also mentioned the technological progress as a positive on a Capricornian age. Has there been any positive moral/spirtual qualities that have arisen as a result of the tropical age of Capricorn? Is there nothing that Cap energy has to offer from an inner perspective?

Unread 11-09-2019, 07:55 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
You have also mentioned the technological progress as a positive on a Capricornian age. Has there been any positive moral/spirtual qualities that have arisen as a result of the tropical age of Capricorn? Is there nothing that Cap energy has to offer from an inner perspective?
I credit the 12/12 Regulating-ruler of Capricorn, Venus, for an increasing sense of morality, especially regarding women, children, and the disabled.
Unfortunately, Saturn is a tough Native-ruler to regulate, was known as the "devourer of children", and promotes the "might makes right" and "the survival of the fittest" doctrines . But, at least the morality is in place, telling us right from wrong. Human sacrifice and outright slavery (not including "wage slavery") have come to be considered immoral as well.
Unread 11-09-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
What's the relevance?
You've been talking about important books. Bowie took his library of about 1500(!) books on tour with him and was an avid reader. Strong Capricorn/Gemini influence in his Chart.
Unread 11-09-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I'm interested to know your thoughts on the dichotomy between the esoteric (sidereal) and exoteric (tropical). It seems that the exoteric is dominant in this age, while the spiritual will be dominant in the upcoming one. I'm wondering what determines the supremacy of one over the other - is it the current "state" of humanity or the nature of the greater cycles that determine the more influential force.

I know it's a mixture, but from what I'm getting from you Capricorn seems to be the more forceful influence.
The Kali Yuga might explain it. That's a state of separation, a split, between the spiritual and material worlds, with the latter taking precedence. Pisces is spiritually oriented at its core, whereas Capricorn is more materialistic. We need both worlds in harmony, working together, which should become the major result of the Aquarian Age.
Unread 11-09-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
You've been talking about important books. Bowie took his library of about 1500(!) books on tour with him and was an avid reader. Strong Capricorn/Gemini influence in his Chart.
That’s adorable. I immediately thought of comfort - yep, Gemini on the cusp of 4th, NN there.

conspiracy theorist - a mars, mercury, sun conjunction!

Last edited by passiflora; 11-09-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Unread 11-09-2019, 11:03 PM

Ah, the books.... what about Bowie's chart qualifies it for strong Gemini influence?

For fun I looked up the charts of two other individuals who were known for prodigious personal libraries - John Dee and Bhagwan Rajneesh "Osho". For Rajneesh Gemini rising with a huge Capricorn Stellium. Sagittarius Sun. With the available chart of John Dee, Sagittarius rising however no personal planets in Capricorn. He does have the angular nodal axis/Uranus in Gemini like Bowie.

Cap research found Gemini and Capricorn prominent in the charts of Scientists
Unread 11-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I credit the 12/12 Regulating-ruler of Capricorn, Venus, for an increasing sense of morality, especially regarding women, children, and the disabled.
Unfortunately, Saturn is a tough Native-ruler to regulate, was known as the "devourer of children", and promotes the "might makes right" and "the survival of the fittest" doctrines . But, at least the morality is in place, telling us right from wrong. Human sacrifice and outright slavery (not including "wage slavery") have come to be considered immoral as well.
Interesting trad tidbit about Capricorn. As one of the "crooked" signs, it signified cripples if sufficiently afflicted. IIRC it shares that with the sign Pisces.
Unread 11-10-2019, 03:24 AM

One of the gripes I have of the new age movement is summed up well by this statement.

"Ideas are like hardy spores, and sometimes the presumed origin of a concept may be only the reappearance of a much more ancient idea that had lain dormant." - Carl Boyer
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-10-2019)
Unread 11-10-2019, 04:44 AM

How about racism in Jamaica, badman? May care to tell.
Unread 11-10-2019, 03:52 PM

I noticed, most great scientists have strong aspects.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 11-10-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I could really quote this in one of my threads.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 11-11-2019, 03:43 PM

Mercury transit across the Sun this morning (Americas), anyone have a watch link that works from mobile? https://mercurytransit.gsfc.nasa.gov/2019/ is not cutting it.

Full moon in Taurus tonight.
Unread 11-11-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Mercury transit across the Sun this morning (Americas), anyone have a watch link that works from mobile? https://mercurytransit.gsfc.nasa.gov/2019/ is not cutting it.

Full moon in Taurus tonight.
Also, the Moon just separated from its conjunction with .
Unread 11-11-2019, 10:27 PM

Merc was exactly Conj the Sun 7 hours ago. It's now still less than 1 degree apart, moving Retrograde through tropical Scorpio.
Unread 11-12-2019, 04:09 PM

Interesting article, conspiracy theorist you may like it.

I agree with everything in the last section called “the law of attraction” which discusses spiritual bypassing. (Except for anything by Mark Manson whose energy I don’t personally care for, though he seems to have his own set of devotees)

https://gurumag.com/a-critique-of-abraham-hicks-the-law-of-attraction/
Unread 11-12-2019, 06:04 PM

I'll give it a second in-depth read later but holy **** at that 25 second video of the channeled being. Word salad involving "technologically garbled jargon" and "alien wisdom" in a clunky *** posh sounding accent ( or is it "evolved") signifying absolutely nothing.
Unread 11-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Admittedly I wasn’t there for the beginning of it historically but all the ascended masters discourse has always felt off to me. Maybe because you can’t argue with a channel and good teachers are humble.
Unread 11-13-2019, 04:23 AM

Parking this debate on what defines an astronomical planet here (in hopes of listening to it later):

https://youtu.be/3AFtgZP6Aa8
Unread 11-13-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Admittedly I wasn’t there for the beginning of it historically but all the ascended masters discourse has always felt off to me. Maybe because you can’t argue with a channel and good teachers are humble.
Thats the problem with the normative set up of the word ascended masters/channel and teacher from the ratic viewpoint since it almost automatically implies authority without questioning its roots and the foundation of where the teachings are rooted in.

There might be an official narrative that includes questioning but in practicality it gets shut down when someone is questioning the very core of the teaching, and the ones who does it gets excluded from the group and banished. This is why non ratic teachers from my perspective are balancing this ratic set up to balance the scales.

Y
The Following User Says Thank You to ynnest For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (11-13-2019)
Unread 11-13-2019, 07:23 PM

I used to play the triangle in a reggae band but it was one ting after another.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-13-2019), SunConjunctUranus (11-13-2019)
Unread 11-13-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
Thats the problem with the normative set up of the word ascended masters/channel and teacher from the ratic viewpoint since it almost automatically implies authority without questioning its roots and the foundation of where the teachings are rooted in.

There might be an official narrative that includes questioning but in practicality it gets shut down when someone is questioning the very core of the teaching, and the ones who does it gets excluded from the group and banished. This is why non ratic teachers from my perspective are balancing this ratic set up to balance the scales.

Y
But what does “ratic” mean?
Unread 11-13-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
But what does “ratic” mean?
It refers to a ratoid/rathuman soul species who have real desires to harm and control other people and their thoughts and have created endless spiritual thought boxes that are highly restricted and incredible dense in frequency that spins in a backwards movement opposite to life and constricts the breath of life.

These are the true illuminati people. Ratic refers to these fake rat teachers and teachings and everything that these rats stands for.

Y
Unread 11-13-2019, 11:36 PM

Are ratic beings similar to what are called reptilians?
Again I don’t know the new age or conspiratorial discourse using the same term that imagines we’re controlled by alien reptiles. I just like the word because of the way it describes how marketers and fear-based leaders segment our world through threat construction and use like you said dense frequencies to control others.
Unread 11-14-2019, 02:20 AM

I'm back to see an Illuminati conspiracy

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 11-14-2019, 02:24 AM

@passi Check your PM.

I hope you don't mind me responding to anything so late. I come here then go back to tend for my real life work then come back, but I'm not death

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this