is Ven Opp Mars always sexual?

hypatia

SolarFire gives that Ven Opp Mars in a Synastry interpretation means sexual attraction.
What other interpretation could there be??

Or what else to look for in the Synastry to see what other ways this aspect could play out in life?

The aspect is between a mother & daughter - so wanting to understand how, other than sexual, this aspect could be interpreted?

thank you

AppLeo

Mars = Assertiveness
Venus = Peace

In synastry, the Venus person will feel taken advantage by the Mars person, while the Mars person feels like the Venus person is too passive.

katydid

It can indicate power struggles and show a difference in their personal perspectives.

Mars may be the dominant one in the relationship and try to control the 'values' of the other---like trying to shape their desires, beliefs, whom they love and date.

That may be either the daughter or the mother. The Venus person may feel intimidated by the aggressiveness or impulsiveness of Mars.

hypatia

thank you for your replies.

I should have added that it's the mother with Venus, the daughter with Mars.

There are other power issues indicated, like Plu (mum) to Moon (Daughter).

Last edited:

katydid

thank you for your replies.

I should have added that it's the mother with Venus, the daughter with Mars.

There are other power issues indicated, like Plu (mum) to Moon (Daughter).

Lots to be looked at and find a positive way forward.

The daughter may have underlying anger about choices she thought the mom made---maybe about the loss of love or the state of her relationship with the father?

hypatia

if anyone is interested, I'm attaching Synastry Grid, Combined Chart and BiWheel.

Attachments

• mother daughter biwheel.jpg
    mother daughter biwheel.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 14
  • combined mother daughter midpoints.jpg
    combined mother daughter midpoints.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 15
  • mother daughter Grid.jpg
    mother daughter Grid.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 8

hypatia

The daughter may have underlying anger about choices she thought the mom made---maybe about the loss of love or the state of her relationship with the father?

yes the daughter does get angry (sometimes over the top and leaning towards being vicious) at choices she believes the mother is wrong in making... doesn't have to be important - just simple things like what to wear or what toys to buy.

the mother adopted as a single person - (am in touch with biological parents, but are in a developing country & birth info was never recorded, not even the year, as for the month or day or time - so cannot do astrology for them)

katydid

yes the daughter does get angry (sometimes over the top and leaning towards being vicious) at choices she believes the mother is wrong in making... doesn't have to be important - just simple things like what to wear or what toys to buy.

the mother adopted as a single person - (am in touch with biological parents, but are in a developing country & birth info was never recorded, not even the year, as for the month or day or time - so cannot do astrology for them)

So the underlying anger might be about the adoption situation. It can be difficult. I am an adoptive mom and I have known a lot of other adoptive parents. It is sometimes very difficult.

My venus is exactly conjunct my daughters ascendant. I have always felt that was a blessing for us. My son and I have Moon trine ascendant. Again, it has made things nice.

katydid

Moms a Capricorn and daughter is a Cancer. That might be a difficult situation right there. :crying:

Mom's Sun inconjunct Daughters Mercury in Gemini. Communication difficulties. Mom may hold back at times in order to protect child. Daughter may want to know everything and feel Mom is hiding things?

Last edited:

hypatia

Moms a Capricorn and daughter is a Cancer. That might be a difficult situation right there. :crying:

Mom's Sun inconjunct Daughters Mercury in Gemini. Communication difficulties. Mom may hold back at times in order to protect child. Daughter may want to know everything and feel Mom is hiding things?

yes there's a few tricky aspects - I was hoping that some of the positive ones help... especially as Mother's Merc Cnj Daughter's Moon, and at the same time the Daugther's Merc Cnj Mother's Moon.
There are certainly some very good times for communication - it can be a bit Jekyll & Hyde, really, not knowing if communication will be really sweet or really horrible.

katydid

we talk about lots - she knows pretty much everything I know.

recently we discovered that she doesn't like that we look different.

THAT ^^ is something that used to bother my daughter as well. She told me when she was a teen that she was jealous of her friends who looked just like their moms. My daughter is Jamaican/Swedish. I am English/Irish. She is very beautiful but we look like nothing alike.

But she is 24 now and that doesn't seem to bother her anymore.

My son and his wife just had a baby. He told my daughter that it was amazing to have a real blood relative and that kind of surprised me. My son is super close to my husband. They have a very tight emotional bond and I never realized he was missing that so much.

katydid

yes there's a few tricky aspects - I was hoping that some of the positive ones help... especially as Mother's Merc Cnj Daughter's Moon, and at the same time the Daugther's Merc Cnj Mother's Moon.
There are certainly some very good times for communication - it can be a bit Jekyll & Hyde, really, not knowing if communication will be really sweet or really horrible.

YES. Mercury/ Moon is a very positive thing here---double whammy.

But as you said, sometimes it can be a negative experience---too much info revealed or communication can be misconstrued/misunderstood.

Moon is emotional and Mercury is mental. So Air and Water don't easily mix.

If I share an emotional feeling with some one---and they receive it 'mentally'-not emotionally---it may be misinterpreted. :bandit:

hypatia

ah - you have similar skin differences between mother & daughter.
She looks exactly like multiple birth family members.
But I think her feelings about her birth family and about her adoptive family change - and I thought these changing feelings would be more likely to show up in her transits, than in her natal chart?
I'm really interested in long-term communication problems, and being able to find ways to work with any harsh synastry aspects. My daughter is only 8, so we've lots of years of issues about schooling, and friends and boy friends etc, that I really want to find how to work with better.

katydid

Ah, she is only 8...you are in good shape then.

My kids are now 28 and 24. Like night and day.

They BOTH had open adoptions as children and have chosen, themselves, to close the connections to their birth families. They moved closer emotionally and psychologically to the adoptive family because that is who they grew up with and loved as time went on.

I am relieved that they knew their birth family as kids so they have lots of questions answered for themselves. Obviously a child needs to know basic things every person would want to know--ancestry, specific facts about their parents etc.

Elementary school can be difficult for adoptees because there is such an emphasis upon FAMILIES at that age. All the other kids look to see who picks them up, who comes to awards day, who has play dates or not, etc. ANY differences are super noticeable. So one needs to allow them to explore these issues and questions without taking any of it personally. :whistling:

My daughters bio mom was only 16 when she gave birth. I always felt bad that I was 40 when my girl was born. Like she would feel sad that we were too old.

But as time went on she realized the perks that came with that. Some of her friends with very young parents had issues that we didn't have. And she began to be grateful that she had stable older parents etc.

my daughter bio mom went on to have other kids who were eventually taken by CPS. My daughter was 14 when she learned about her younger sibs going to foster care. She was relieved that it was not her but sad for her sibs.

She did have some ongoing communication with them as they all grew up. But she keeps her distance now because she says that have emotional issues and they also seem 'angry' and jealous of her--in that she had a cushy life compared to what they had. She prefers her brother she grew up with and her cousins she grew up with instead.

katydid

Also, elementary school does a lot of FAMILY oriented projects. I remember when my kids both had to do a picture book of MY FAMILY ANCESTORS--all about what ethnicity etc...:pouty: Kind of confusing for everyone---my daughter is Jamaican, obviously so---but grandparents she KNOWS and LOVES are Irish and Welsh. But cutting and pasting pictures of Ireland and green fields made no sense for her---but neither did putting Jamaican info because she had met her bio father a few times but her teen mom was a Date Rape victim---so there's that....:pinched:

I gave the teachers a piece of my mind about the family ancestry project---tried to get them to see the sensitivity for some students