Olivia de Haviland is dead.

Monk

Premium Member
Olivia de Havilland comes from the Golden Age of Hollywood, won two oscars, appeared in films like Gone with the Wind, she will be very much missed, as she died in Paris today aged 104.
I must admit that i had a soft spot for her as she is alleged to be the last great actress from the "Golden Age Era.

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi...taG2Lyfo1NqEsR_9eH3Zjo3hcZDN4tSf5GRQ9z1_2Szji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoZMUDHPOVk

Interesting Stellium in tenth house including Venus!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_de_Havilland

Raise a glass to the alleged last great actress of the Golden Age, we will not see her like again!

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Hi Monk. It will soon be your birthday and the Lions Gate portal :)

The Cancer stellium implies a caring personality but from what I read about the rivalry with her sister, Joan Fontaine I think? She was more concerned with 10th house society status.

ElenaJ

Hi Monk. It will soon be your birthday and the Lions Gate portal :)

The Cancer stellium implies a caring personality but from what I read about the rivalry with her sister, Joan Fontaine I think? She was more concerned with 10th house society status.

Note her 3rd house of siblings, ruled by mars on ascendent and exactly square mercury on the midheaven.

Ukpoohbear

Note her 3rd house of siblings, ruled by mars on ascendent and exactly square mercury on the midheaven.

I didn’t have time to take more than a quick glance at the chart but I see what you mean now, and Mars in the 12th of hidden enemies.

They were born great actresses. Gone With The Wind is one of my favourite movies and Olivia de Haviland was excellent in it. Who can forget Joan Fontaine in Rebecca as well.

neptunian

Is eight house to do with longevity, isn't it?

Then her eight house ruler is mars; sextile saturn- planet of old age. I think this aspect can talk about her longevity.

Lin

I can't agree that Mars as the ruler of an 8th house sextile Saturn would be definitive as the reason she lived to over 100 years. If this was so, how many people would live over 100 years as that aspect is not uncommon! Millions!
That aspect could be PART of the mystery....but not definitive. I think we'd have to look at many many more charts of people over 100 to come to any conclusions.
LIN

neptunian

I can't agree that Mars as the ruler of an 8th house sextile Saturn would be definitive as the reason she lived to over 100 years. If this was so, how many people would live over 100 years as that aspect is not uncommon! Millions!
That aspect could be PART of the mystery....but not definitive. I think we'd have to look at many many more charts of people over 100 to come to any conclusions.
LIN

Of course you are right Lin. Just one part of the answer. When I look at her chart, the things caught my attention; this aspect and Jupiter in taurus in her eight, saturn touches her sun,moon, venus. These things may have an effect; but yes as you said,not that strong answer.
Maybe fixed stars; but I don't know about fixed stars much.

neptunian

Another thing catches my eye, her ascendant ruler mercury is in its own sign and in the 9th house, very positive house. I think this can give general luck.

Lin

But you know, even people with great good luck have to ALSO deal with genetics!!

Now I am curious....lol....and I am going to try to find a good biography of her life.

Perhaps she never smoked or was a ''health nut'' early in life! Maybe she had the good luck to live her last years in a stress free environment! I am sure she had enough money to live on as I once read that she was very careful with money.

So....lol....I want to know MORE!! As a 9th house Leo this is a pattern with me....I've studied many celebs thru their ''timelines'' and autobiographies or bios.

Actually glad this subject came up...because I bored to death at this particular moment in time....
LIN :love:

wilsontc

Staff member
All,

As a reminder, please put SOME astrology in your posts. Non-astrological posts will be deleted.

Back to astrology,

Tim

IleneK

Premium Member
But you know, even people with great good luck have to ALSO deal with genetics!!

LIN :love:
Hi, Lin and all.

[Not to put too fine a point on it, but genetics is *also* luck... what else could it be...?:smile::smile:]

As to luck, of course we have Jupiter, which symbolizes bounty and good fortune.

Jupiter both contacts by sextile her rather amazing Cancer stellium that reaches from 3 to 18 degrees, and it also receives the stellium graciously by exaltation. Jupiter and her inner feeling life, Moon, are in mutual reception by exaltation.

That looks like pretty good fortune to me with all of those Cancer planets, including both Sun and Moon [and Venus] ruled by benefic Jupiter.

Additionally, as mentioned, elevated Merc in its dignity ruling the 1st house of the native's being, as well as the 10th, is also favorable for longevity in general.