Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 02-21-2013, 04:30 AM

BBD and Social anxiety

Hi guys and gals,
Iv'e been going through some pretty intense health and mental health related issues lately and would love to get some clarity on these things. Recently I'm realizing I may have some pretty serious life long Body Dysmorphic disorder problems along with diagnosed social anxiety from when I was about 5. I know that my venus in my chart is pretty damaged but there are so many things going on in my chart that it is hard to interpret a lot of it only having studied astrology for a few years now. If anyone has any insight into my venus placement and aspects, and also where a release of some of this tension could be directed I would be greatful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AstrologyChart1.jpg (88.3 KB, 27 views)

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM

Re: BBD and Social anxiety

Just a bump
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:05 PM

Indeed social anxiety is often concurrent with Venus afflictions in the chart...here we find Venus in opposition to Pluto, which intersects the other dynamic opposition of your Mars/Saturn; this relates to the insecurity you feel, that is at the source of your anxiety. Your past conditioning, probably from the father, has left you with a psychic wound associated with being made to feel inadequate, unworthy, and self conscious...this in turn reduces your confidence and causes self-esteem issues...the Venus/Pluto alignment shows intensified emotional reactivity associated with possible violence in the past, or issues relating to power and control in your life...leaving you feeling that you have been controlled by others, which leaves an imprint of feeling disempowered...
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:23 PM

Kimbermoon,
A lot of what you are saying sounds about right. Its interesting that you say that the mars/saturn opposition is the source of the anxiety as I've never been able to delienate that aspect well. Could you eleborate a little bit on this aspect and why it may be causing that anxiety?
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM

in terms of the anxiety I was more referring to the afflictions of Venus, as this is the planet of how we see ourselves; and how we are reflected through others...Now, as I see it, with Venus oppose Pluto natally, this sets the stage for experiencing low self-esteem and a sense of disempowerment, which begins under the parent's influence...once we are stripped of our sense of 'personal power' it is a long climb back, in terms of recovery. When the psyche has been scarred, it interferes with the emotional reactivity [instinctive, and patterned] which in turn has a great deal of influence over our external experiences; our early reactions to situations become clusters of emotions [sourced from the feelings at the time] these then are often held within the subconscious, and subsequently these cause conflicted or difficult reactions which ultimately have a large degree of effect over our circumstances..it is all about the law of cause and effect. Do you see? Now, the opposition of Mars/Saturn is about self-discipline and the timing of events...the ambitions and desires can be held back or delayed by Saturn, by circumstances that seem beyond our own control, but in truth are not. With Venus at the midpoint of this strong opposition, it points the way towards the path of healing and recovery...much has to do with your relational connections with others and a weakened expression of personality...how depressed do you feel?
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:25 PM

Another thing that you should consider is your sun an moon opposition for it is a lot of tension and probably is one of the causes of your so called BDD. As your mind define something your emotions have a seemingly opposite impression. As you consciously think something you unconsciously are aware of the exact opposite point. The way of this opposition is generally about being aware of the exact opposite point and it may work as a lot stumbling upon yourself, getting in your own way, and later in self sabotage. Be aware of the large spectrum that you are in and learn about the necessities and peculiarities both these signs bring about.

One thing about BDD, is dissociation from your body and that opposition may be the main cause. Try to be more in touch with your body and actually with earth and water and eliminate fear, concern about what others may think, especially your parents. Moo sun opposition also suggests parents going in their own ways to opposites, and with your childhood images of getting different messges and maybe trying to please both of your parents you may have internalized some confusion and a pattern of always having to stop and think first. This maybe is not good for a child but it brings in an experienced understading on giving your own decisions and awareness and awareness is what I think you need. Be aware of what you need and want and what others are bringing in. AS you have a large specturm of understanding people may take it as put in whatever you want. And you may want to differentiate the impressions which come from outside and what is really good for you.

Don'T care much on psychologists labels, they actually serve to little end. This is an emotional concern which will go away by itself when you align your will with your needs and your body. Your Libra placement I think will help you in getting a balance of outside and inside, and sun moon opposition. A virgo mars is not the most assertive of mars positions but it will certainly provide yu with lots of energy also in figuring out and differantiating what's for your good and what's to please impressions from outside. Don't try to go with your idea of what's goodness, but be more observant and go with what's good for you, and your health.

Take care,
Görkem

Last edited by grkemmer; 03-03-2013 at 10:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to grkemmer For This Useful Post:
kimbermoon (03-02-2013)
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:36 PM

Please check these two links, I am sure you'll find some videos to your interest:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ataanaloa
http://www.youtube.com/user/RestRela...?feature=watch
Unread 03-02-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkemmer View Post
Another thing that you should consider is your sun an moon opposition for it is a lot of tension and probably is one of the causes of your so called BDD. As your mind define something your emotions have a seemingly opposite impression. As you consciously think something you unconsciously are aware of the exact opposite point. The way of this opposition is generally about being aware of the exact opposite point and it may work as a lot stumbling upon yourself, getting in your own way, and later in self sabotage. Be aware of the large spectrum that you are in and learn about the necessities and peculiarities both these signs bring about.

One thing about BDD, is dissociation from your body and that opposition may be the main cause. Try to be more in touch with your body and actually with earth and water and eliminate fear, concern about what others may think, especially your parents. Moo sun opposition also suggests parents going in their own ways to opposites, and with your childhood images of getting different messges and maybe trying to please both of your parents you may have internalized some confusion and a pattern of always having to stop and think first. This maybe is not good for a child but it brings in a experienced understading on giving your own decisions and awareness and awareness is what I think you need. Beaware of what you need and want and what others are bringing in. AS you have a large specturm of understanding people may take it as put in whatever you want. And you may want to differentiate the impressions which come from outside and what is really good for you.

Don'T care much on psychologists labels, they actually serve to little end. This is an emotional concern which will go away by itself when you align your will with your needs and your body. Your Libra placement I think will help you in getting a balance of outside and inside, and sun moon opposition. A virgo mars is not the most assertive of mars positions but it will certainly provide yu with lots of energy also in figuring out and differantiating what's for your good and what's to please impressions from outside. Don't try to go with your idea of what's goodness, but be more observant and go with what's good for you, and your health.

Take care,
Görkem
I agree with a lot of this, having a challenging Sun Moon natal aspect myself.

Regarding
if anyone has any insight into my venus placement and aspects, and also where a release of some of this tension could be directed I would be greatful.

I think the key to release tension may be via the very, very tight partile trine between dignified, but beleaguered Venus in Taurus in the 1st house and Moon in her detriment, elevated and conjunct the MC.

There are clearly certain difficulties with which fate compels you to work in this life. As fate compels us all. But this earthy trine seems the key to release of tension, through the doing, the executing of something physical, the making of something, artistry or craftsmanship on some level. The aspect is so highlighted that I would consider just mediating on the symbols themselves, without even really having to know what they might "mean." It seems like a very rich area to excavate, with Pluto [wealth, penetrating the depths] completing a triangle with Moon Venus.

Be creative. Be at ease. You really are fine just the way you are right now. You will see.

Blessings,

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Tags
anxiety, body, disorder, dysmorphic, social