When will I stop emotional overeating?

summer92

I can't do work these days,I'm procrastinating and I'm overeating due to stress.
It's so unhealthy and I feel like I'm killing myself with this.I can't get any work done for school.

I do feel like giving up and I'm trying my hardest,but I feel like it's of no point.

None of the planets look good.The moon's left the venus and jupiter,and the sun (me) is not making aspects to anything.

I would appreciate if anyone looked at this (Aqua7000)

I know it's sad that I'm posting it several times,but then I feel like that the reason behind me behaving like this is def emotional.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_will_i_stop_emotional_overeating_hp.77226.5533.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_will_i_stop_emotional_overeating_hp.77226.5533.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 44

kimbermoon

Emotional overeating is a sign that we are trying to shield ourselves against something: often it is about shielding from the knowledge of internalized wounding that still festers and needs to be resolved. It can be linked to anxiety and apprehension, as well as fear that we have yet to recognize. These days are definitely full of fear and apprehension, because the sensitive among us, sense that something big is looming in the near future. Symbolically, overeating is a poor attempt to feed the soul: and while the fat accumulates in the body in an effort to distance ourselves from a perceived threat, the soul is crying out for sustenance and connection as well. You must look to your natal chart for indications of why this problem has arisen in your life. You will only stop this habit, when you begin to regain a sense of confidence in yourself, trust, faith and hope: you can change your reality by 'changing your mind'; your perspectives can be highly limited, belief systems can be constraining, and one's sense of self can be highly distorted at times. What is happening now is that you are allowing your mind to control you, rather than directing and focusing it under your own control. It is our mind that plays a huge role in forming our external circumstances and dilemmas. If you could post your natal chart, we might find some more clear-cut answers for you. :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
I can't do work these days,I'm procrastinating and I'm overeating due to stress.
It's so unhealthy and I feel like I'm killing myself with this.I can't get any work done for school.

I do feel like giving up and I'm trying my hardest,but I feel like it's of no point.

None of the planets look good.The moon's left the venus and jupiter,and the sun (me) is not making aspects to anything.

I would appreciate if anyone looked at this (Aqua7000)

I know it's sad that I'm posting it several times,but then I feel like that the reason behind me behaving like this is def emotional.

I believe you will.
You are signified by the Sun and co-signified by the Moon.
Emotional overeating is signified by the Moon's 4th house, whose significator is Venus.
We see the scenario you describe here in the chart: you, the Moon, right next to Venus, in the 4th house.

Your question is will you stop emotional overeating. Since neither the Sun nor the Moon apply in aspect to Venus, I see that as pointing to a lack of connection between you and the overeating dynamic. In this context, lack of connection is actually favorable. Also, the recent conjunction between you, Moon, and it, Venus, are in the past, suggesting it is moving on behind you.

I sincerely empathize with your struggle. Emotional overeating is a tough dynamic to transform. But there are tools and counsel out there to help you. I am wishing you the best.

summer92

I believe you will.
You are signified by the Sun and co-signified by the Moon.
Emotional overeating is signified by the Moon's 4th house, whose significator is Venus.
We see the scenario you describe here in the chart: you, the Moon, right next to Venus, in the 4th house.

Your question is will you stop emotional overeating. Since neither the Sun nor the Moon apply in aspect to Venus, I see that as pointing to a lack of connection between you and the overeating dynamic. In this context, lack of connection is actually favorable. Also, the recent conjunction between you, Moon, and it, Venus, are in the past, suggesting it is moving on behind you.

I sincerely empathize with your struggle. Emotional overeating is a tough dynamic to transform. But there are tools and counsel out there to help you. I am wishing you the best.

Thank you so much Ilene! I really hope I will,but I just went and binged now :( I don't know why I can't stop.It's getting in the way of work and social life..

aquarius7000

Hi,

You = Sun are VOC, so, with that in mind, things might not change. However, what gives me hope is: a) the Sun is moving away from Sat, which rules the 6th house of sickness, and b) the Moon will sextile Mars, which disposits the Sun. I think that there could be some 5th house activity (creative/sportive pursuits), which might divert you from emotional binging. Also, the Sun is moving to conj the N Node, which is a positive factor.

Best
:)AQ7

PS: check in your natal with transits if either Nep or Ura are going over your 6th or your Sun.

summer92

thank you everyone for your response
i've been quite active the past 2 days which makes me very happy!
neptune is quite strong in my chart which is pretty worrying.My relationship with food is bad..it's like I play games with food in my head :( i've been controlling though so hopefully i'll stick with this plan

my life is a mess in terms of social life and love life.I think my stress over it also makes me eat a lot.

thank you all for your reading and support.I will update on here if anything changes

aquarius7000

Hi,
Hi,
I had a quick glance at your chart and I see that the Neptune is highly stimulated. In my practice this is usually the case when a client complaints of emotional overeating. ...
I agree with the bit on Nep having experienced it myself. When Nep went over my Sun a few years back, I had also started with irregular eating habits. Erratic binging attacks followed me when Ura, just before Nep, went over my Sun (my Asc ruler). With the Sun ruling my Asc=1st house= house of physical health, and sitting in my 6th house of physical maladies and habits, it was understandable.

Food is the straw you are grasping to. Also suggest that you look at the second favourite thing you like to do, and take to that. The troubled mind is only looking for something else to turn to.

Best
:)AQ7

dr. farr

Elementally considered in the horary, the earth element is deficient-attempting to fill that deficit is, I suggest, a strong drive relative to the overeating suggested by the horary chart; possibly in answer to that horary, as advice from the Cosmos, supplementation of the earth element with earth element-affinitive herbs, stones (crystals), etc, might be beneficial...

summer92

hello! it's my second diet of eating carefully,and since i've been occupied with work recently i've reduced eating quite a lot and emmersing myself into work :) i'm happy about this! i really hope this is permanent! i haven't lost any weight as such,and have decided to cut diet coke from my diet.

thank you everyone for reading this! i really hope the change is permanent!