Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #376  
Unread 05-03-2020, 06:30 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,646
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I understand what you are saying Aquarius, although unless you’re physically going to go to that market and the video has inspired that type of movement, worrying about it and sharing that video is doing more harm than good. Then there’s the notion that thoughts create reality, so by thinking about negativity, will only cause more negativity to create itself, you are much better imagining animals running around in a field free, and sending loving thoughts to that dog, whose pain has now ended, and the spirit of the dog won’t be remembering it either because when we look back on our life, it will seem only like a movie in the grand scheme of our entirety of lives in this universe.
I forgot to respond to this post.
The bit in bold is not to be applied in this way. You see thoughts, desires and action create one's karma. Karma should be according to Dharma (righteous duty- to put it simply). This means that your thoughts create your actions in your subconscious and often (not always) we are liable to translate our thoughts into actions- depending on certain inborn character traits and arising out of those- certain habitual patterns.

Now, thinking as you and I do, for instance taking the current example at hand... animals are sentient beings that have an equal right to live... we therefore should not kill them just out of pure greed and convenience, esp when the option to do the right thing exists. Now I act upon that thought. Is it negative? On the contrary, that thought actually makes me realise the right from the wrong. That thought about killing of animals being unethical kills the desire in me to encourage that unethical practice. Once desire is curbed (via right thought), the intent to kill vanishes. Once no intent, action will not happen. Once no wrong action, no agonising result. This entire chain is called karma... and how our consciousness develops. Someday, I will start a wordpress or FB site to post my essays- simplifying things. I am an ardent and devout follower of Sanatana Dharma and The Bhagavad Gita, which are so logical in their approach that any half-way intelligently thinking person will readily practise it.

__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Unread 05-03-2020, 06:40 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,646
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
The life, which according to science, begins at conception.

How does killing an innocent make justice or spare her from the crime that 14-year old suffered?
Thank you for answering my rhetorical Q in the literal sense.
So you are absolutely not concerned about the 14 yr. child living and walking, but would rather be more concerned about a cell- which is essentially what conception is. You also choose to ignore the circumstance of rape?

And in what way are you not punishing that cell if you allow it to develop, if the 14 yr old comes from a broken home (no dearth of that these days) that is perhaps financially a hand-to-mouth struggle. What life do you expect that 14 yr old to afford, care for and give to another life demanding 24-7 attn. in 9 months?

There is something known as logical thinking also. Anyway, you are free to continue with your thought process... if inside you feel you are on the right path with it. That is literally what it boils down to because who knows... tomorrow it could happen to a 14 yr old we know, who could find herself in the same dire circumstance as described afore.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by aquarius7000; 05-03-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Unread 05-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Thank you for answering my rhetorical Q in the literal sense.
So you are absolutely not concerned about the 14 yr. child living and walking, but would rather be more concerned about a cell- which is essentially what conception is. You also choose to ignore the circumstance of rape?

And in what way are you not punishing that cell if you allow it to develop, if the 14 yr old comes from a broken home (no dearth of that these days) that is perhaps financially a hand-to-mouth struggle. What life do you expect that 14 yr old to afford, care for and give to another life demanding 24-7 attn. in 9 months?

There is something known as logical thinking also. Anyway, you are free to continue with your thought process... if inside you feel you are on the right path with it. That is literally what it boils down to because who knows... tomorrow it could happen to a 14 yr old we know, who could find herself in the same dire circumstance as described afore.
Yes it is very tragic story the one you posted for her. Still my dilemma has little to do with that:

Why should the fetus pay for his father's crimes? How is killing the fetus, who isn't responsible for this teen's tragedy, fair?
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 05-03-2020 at 06:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Unread 05-03-2020, 07:38 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,206
Dirius, your argument is totally incoherent to anyone who believes rape is a violation of property rights. There is no responsibility on the part of a victim to nurture (spend life energy and financial energy) on turning the seed of her violator into a being that can survive outside her body. NONE.
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:04 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I accept your apology.

All you need to do to become better is choose a vegan milk next time you are in the supermarket. There are plenty of vegan margarine and butters because it’s so popular now. And I think vegan milk lasts longer than cow milk so it could be bought in bulk and stored in fridge or cupboard.

If you are against caged animal slaughter then by choosing a vegan milk instead of the milk of a murdered sentient being then you will be more in line with your argument. But let’s not forget who you will be helping the most, the mum and her baby calf

If there is not an alternative to a vegan lifestyle, like in Africa or the deserted island example then of course, for survival purposes, there is no other choice. Whenever someone asks me that I always answer back by saying I would kill and eat them before they had a chance to ask me.

So we are in agreement. Are you going to buy vegan milk next time you are in the supermarket? It’s such a simple change and there is no way a person with morals would think drinking the milk stolen from a baby whose mother was raped (artificially inseminated) is justified.
There is no such thing as vegan milk.

I understand your point, but should that calf been born in the wild, she would have died before her first year of age. The results are the same, we are not really upsetting the balance of nature.

However not all dairy farms employ such cruel practices, many farms around the world are slowly becoming more empathic to the safety of animals. In fact, from a business perspective, cows kept in better conditions produce higher and more nutritious yields.
There are a number of examples that can be used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nA0DtqrSFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZf-EuTA-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF70VxyBXhk

The key is researching what products to buy and from which farms. There a number of cruelty-free farms in which animals are treated fairly. Helping promote these farms is the true solution for animal cruelty.

People won't stop eating meat or drinking milk. But they will choose, if they have the option, to buy products which come from farms that have safer practices. This is why veganism isn't the solution to the problem.
Furthermore, as I have stated before, the problem is usually and economic one: this products are slightly more expensive. But there is a solution:

why not remove taxation, the biggest cost in product manufacturing for cruelty free-organic dairy farms, and allow people to write off dairy products from their taxes?

About a 100 years ago we used to treat cases of mental illness with lobotomies. Now we know better, have alternatives, and changed our practices.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:11 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,393
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Dirius, your argument is totally incoherent to anyone who believes rape is a violation of property rights. There is no responsibility on the part of a victim to nurture (spend life energy and financial energy) on turning the seed of her violator into a being that can survive outside her body. NONE.

Thank you passiflora, from the bottom of my heart! Spoken well, and I could not have said it better. ..... Men don't RULE women's bodies, legislatively or otherwise. IF they try and succeed, it will not last.
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:17 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Dirius, your argument is totally incoherent to anyone who believes rape is a violation of property rights. There is no responsibility on the part of a victim to nurture (spend life energy and financial energy) on turning the seed of her violator into a being that can survive outside her body. NONE.
"seed" of her violator? excuse me are you living in ancient antiquity? Because you seem to believe the woman's role is just as an incubator for a man's "seed".

The fetus is also half the woman's DNA, and was produced by one of the woman's eggs; it is her son or daughter, whether it was concieved by force or not. This detachment of the human nature is what allows silly pro-abortionists to spout this nonsense.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:19 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,206
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

You clearly have never put in labor to growing a child, so are back to your drunkenly incoherent position, thinking the louder you assert it, the more validity it has. It’s a disservice to the pro-life movement.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
leomoon (05-03-2020)
  #384  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
You clearly have never put in labor to growing a child, so are back to your drunkenly incoherent position, thinking the louder you assert it, the more validity it has. It’s a disservice to the pro-life movement.
You mean outside the womb, as a mother?
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:29 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
There is no such thing as vegan milk.

I understand your point, but should that calf been born in the wild, she would have died before her first year of age. The results are the same, we are not really upsetting the balance of nature.

However not all dairy farms employ such cruel practices, many farms around the world are slowly becoming more empathic to the safety of animals. In fact, from a business perspective, cows kept in better conditions produce higher and more nutritious yields.
There are a number of examples that can be used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nA0DtqrSFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZf-EuTA-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF70VxyBXhk

The key is researching what products to buy and from which farms. There a number of cruelty-free farms in which animals are treated fairly. Helping promote these farms is the true solution for animal cruelty.

People won't stop eating meat or drinking milk. But they will choose, if they have the option, to buy products which come from farms that have safer practices. This is why veganism isn't the solution to the problem.
Furthermore, as I have stated before, the problem is usually and economic one: this products are slightly more expensive. But there is a solution:

why not remove taxation, the biggest cost in product manufacturing for cruelty free-organic dairy farms, and allow people to write off dairy products from their taxes?

About a 100 years ago we used to treat cases of mental illness with lobotomies. Now we know better, have alternatives, and changed our practices.
Instead of changing the industry so healthier cows choose healthier milk, why not help change the industry completely so vegan milk is cheaper and easier to purchase? Unfortunately this means buying vegan only, which is a little more expensive than cows milk, but it will not change unless we change the supply/demand ratios, which is happening already even if too slowly for the cows already trapped.

If the calf dies naturally, so be it. But the calf would not be alive unless the supply and demand industry demanded it. They are products of rape to be made into meat and milk. Once the female calf can no longer produce milk, it is murdered. It is not a natural life.

Oat milk is better for the environment. It is hard to always do the right thing but oat milk is definitely better for the environment but even a Tesco own brand soy milk will be slowly changing the demand and is not much more expensive. Not many people have time but oat milk can be made at home however, once we manipulate the market in favour of vegan, it will become easier.

There is no such thing as cruelty free organic farms, from the perspective of freedom but also it would be impossible to supply a whole country with organic and free range because of the amount of demand/population.

The only and best route is the 100% cruelty free route and we must manipulate the market to make healthy and murder-free food available or else we are willing puppets for murder and are acting as slaves to the market when we can easily exert power.

You could always give up cereal and coffee which uses a lot of milk. So you do not need to buy more vegan milk than can be afforded.

Dirius, in short, your morals are already there. You are at the birth canal of making big changes.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 05-03-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:37 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,646
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Yes it is very tragic story the one you posted for her. Still my dilemma has little to do with that:

Why should the fetus pay for his father's crimes? How is killing the fetus, who isn't responsible for this teen's tragedy, fair?
Sometimes, we get so stuck up on an idea that we forego, rather fail to see any sense, logic, even compassion to actually think through what we are saying. Especially if the situation/ example does not have a direct emotional bearing upon us or a loved one.

Your dilemma has been substantially addressed. It is the willingness to receive and understand in the right sense that is yet to happen.

The conceived cell will pay far worse a price for the father's crime if it is allowed to come into this world given the circumstances it will be born under and the forced life upon it in order to hold up some so-called moral 'conceptions', so society, or a section of it, can feel good about it.

In fact, even the 14 year old kid will be paying for the rapist's crime in a big, big way.

So two miserable lives. How is that justified or moral?

Also, what have we really achieved in the process? How has either of the two benefited?

Distinguishing between the type of surrounding circumstances is very important.

There is some truth to the fact that abortion today is misused. Things happen that could have been avoided had both parties acted responsibly. However, even there, if the circumstances (incl. the characters of the potential parents) are not conducive to starting a family, it is better to abort than to punish a poor little soul by denying it basics like a stable home, parental love, warm food, etc.

A part of me in the afore e.g. does agree that abortion seems unfair to that unborn child, BUT perhaps if not wanted, it is better off being aborted.

Finally, there are enough street kids in every single corner of the world today- exactly because 'they happen' and are then left to fend for themselves, if the joy of parenting and a family life is the ultimate aim. It is a win win situation for both.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:38 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Instead of changing the industry so healthier cows choose healthier milk, why not help change the industry completely so vegan milk is cheaper and easier to purchase? Unfortunately this means buying vegan only, which is a little more expensive than cows milk, but it will not change unless we change the supply/demand ratios, which is happening already even if too slowly for the cows already trapped.

If the calf dies naturally, so be it. But the calf would not be alive unless the supply and demand industry demanded it. They are products of rape to be made into meat and milk. Once the female calf can no longer produce milk, it is murdered. It is not a natural life.

Oat milk is better for the environment. It is hard to always do the right thing but pay kill is definitely better for the environment but even a Tesco own brand soy milk will be slowly changing the demand and is not much more expensive. Not many people have time but oat milk can be made at home however, once we manipulate the market in favour of vegan, it will become easier.

There is no such thing as cruelty free organic farms, from the perspective of freedom but also it would be impossible to supply a whole country with organic and free range nexus of the amount of demand/population.

The only and best route is the 100% cruelty free route and we must manipulate the market to make healthy and murder-free food available or else we are willing puppets for murder and are acting as slaves to the market when we can easily exert power.

You could always give up cereal and coffee which uses a lot of milk. So you do not need to buy more vegan milk than can be afforded.

Dirius, in short, your morals are already there. You are at the birth canal of making big changes.
First of all, vegan milk isn't milk, its just soy, which is bad for you. It is oalso not nearly as nutrious.

Second, yes an old cow would also die in nature. And calfs are born all the time, because that is what animals do: they eat and breed.

Sure I can agree that the calf is taken away from its mother at a much earlier time, which I find counter-productive in cattle farming, because it is showin that many animals can produce milk for longer is the baby animal is still around, which in a way increases the milk-producing age a cow can yield.

And no, people want to drink milk and eat meat. The vegan world view, is just silly, because you are not going to change the minds of 99% of the inhabitants of the planets. Much less for those who don't have the economical conditions for a vegan diet. That is utopian thinking, which never works.

Its best to work with what people want and improve on the practices, because most if not everyone in the world will accept organic dairy farming. I've never met a person who disagrees with my position, because if people could get meat and milk, without the excesive use of cruelty, of course they will take the road.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:46 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
First of all, vegan milk isn't milk, its just soy, which is bad for you. It is oalso not nearly as nutrious.

Second, yes an old cow would also die in nature. And calfs are born all the time, because that is what animals do: they eat and breed.

Sure I can agree that the calf is taken away from its mother at a much earlier time, which I find counter-productive in cattle farming, because it is showin that many animals can produce milk for longer is the baby animal is still around, which in a way increases the milk-producing age a cow can yield.

And no, people want to drink milk and eat meat. The vegan world view, is just silly, because you are not going to change the minds of 99% of the inhabitants of the planets. Much less for those who don't have the economical conditions for a vegan diet. That is utopian thinking, which never works.

Its best to work with what people want and improve on the practices, because most if not everyone in the world will accept organic dairy farming. I've never met a person who disagrees with my position, because if people could get meat and milk, without the excesive use of cruelty, of course they will take the road.
Telling somebody that vegan milk is not milk is just playing with words, it’s not important.

Also, you don’t have to be vegan to agree that the animal industry is built on rape and murder. Plenty non vegan people, like you, agree with vegans.

Why are you getting from milk that is so important? Calcium, vegetables have calcium. Protein? Beans, pulses.

Society has made it easier for us to be meat eaters, that is all, but it is built on slavery rape and murder.

There is no ethical or non cruel way to use animals for meat and milk. You already agree with vegans, you are just not willing to change until it is easier for you to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:47 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
So two miserable lives. How is that justified or moral?

Also, what have we really achieved in the process? How has either of the two benefited?

Distinguishing between the type of surrounding circumstances is very important.

There is some truth to the fact that abortion today is misused. Things happen that could have been avoided had both parties acted responsibly. However, even there, if the circumstances (incl. the characters of the potential parents) are not conducive to starting a family, it is better to abort than to punish a poor little soul by denying it basics like a stable home, parental love, warm food, etc.

A part of me in the afore e.g. does agree that abortion seems unfair to that unborn child, BUT perhaps if not wanted, it is better off being aborted.
I see so your position is that if the child is not wanted, or is born under dire conditions, it would be reasonable to abort him?

By that logic why not kill one year old orphans too? After all they are in dire conditions and are not wanted by the parents. Whats the diference?

----------

Well the child benefits from being alive - specially given he isn't responsible for what happened to his mother.

The 14 year old mother may benefit from not suffering from abortion indused depression, which is actually something real - and very serious for victims who have experienced rape. In fact studies have shown carrying the child and giving it up for adoption has better results on the mother's mental health than abortion, although studies on this are few and might not be enough to prove anything.

--------------

I don't buy into old eugenic arguments about abortion that were developed in the 20's - which is were most of the arguments presented in this thread are coming from.

The argument is very simple: if the fetus is a human life, which it is, then it has a right to life like everyone else.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 05-03-2020 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Unread 05-03-2020, 08:52 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Telling somebody that vegan milk is not milk is just playing with words, it’s not important.

Also, you don’t have to be vegan to agree that the animal industry is built on rape and murder. Plenty non vegan people, like you, agree with vegans.

Why are you getting from milk that is so important? Calcium, vegetables have calcium. Protein? Beans, pulses.

Society has made it easier for us to be meat eaters, that is all, but it is built on slavery rape and murder.

There is no ethical or non cruel way to use animals for meat and milk. You already agree with vegans, you are just not willing to change until it is easier for you to do so.

You are applying human anthropological concepts unto animals, such as the word "rape". In nature, the strongest male impregnates the females many times forcefully. In fact in most animal species, the male kills any calf in order for the mother to go into heat. Essentially the male of the species separates the mother from the child, so he can, as you call it "rape" her.

That is what animals do, they eat and breed. Nothing we do is changing that.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:03 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
You are applying human anthropological concepts unto animals, such as the word "rape". In nature, the strongest male impregnates the females many times forcefully. In fact in most animal species, the male kills any calf in order for the mother to go into heat. Essentially the male of the species separates the mother from the child, so he can, as you call it "rape" her.

That is what animals do, they eat and breed. Nothing we do is changing that.
We are not an animal doing it to another animal. We are a thinking sentient being wearing a plastic glove and shoving our hand up a cows anus or using a ‘rape rack’ and shoving a metal rod up it.

I am not thinking of animals as humans but as sentient beings who do not want to be in pain, who feel fear, they do not want to be murdered or separated from their children or their mums.

All anyone has to do is choose a vegan milk instead.
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
We are not an animal doing it to another animal. We are a thinking sentient being wearing a plastic glove and shoving our hand up a cows anus or using a ‘rape rack’ and shoving a metal rod up it.

I am not thinking of animals as humans but as sentient beings who do not want to be in pain, who feel fear, they do not want to be murdered or separated from their children or their mums.

All anyone has to do is choose a vegan milk instead.

But only a tiny percentage of the population will choose vegan milk. Not even in india, were cows are considered gods do they make that choice. Your suggestion is impractical and it would never work. It is the nature of utopian thinking, it never works.

Ok so you don't like sticking metal rods into cows.

What is your position regarding castration for household and farm animals? By your logic, we don't have a right to castrate cats and dogs.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:10 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,646
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I see so your position is that if the child is not wanted, or is born under dire conditions, it would be reasonable to abort him?

By that logic why not kill one year old orphans too? After all they are in dire conditions and are not wanted by the parents. Whats the diference?

----------

Well the child benefits from being alive - specially given he isn't responsible for what happened to his mother.

The 14 year old mother may benefit from not suffering from abortion indused depression, which is actually something real - and very serious for victims who have experienced rape. In fact studies have shown carrying the child and giving it up for adoption has better results on the mother's mental health than abortion, although studies on this are few and might not be enough to prove anything.
"I see so your position is that if the child is not wanted, or is born under dire conditions, it would be reasonable to abort him?" If that is your takeaway from both my posts on this subject then it has to do with how you choose to understand it and how you choose to oversimplify things, whilst completely ignoring the multiple dire cons that speak against letting the pregnancy continue.

Also, apologies, but the one carrot that is being dangled - post abortion depression is so weak against a child not having a proper mother when born.
Is a 14 yr old capable of taking care of new life that requires 24/7? Can she look after that child 24/7? Can she feed the child, etc etc etc? Can she financially fend for the child at 14?

Is it ok for the child to be born with a 14 yr, given the above, to not be able to fend for it in any way possible and the father simply not being there? You seem ok with it? So you are telling me you care for that new life? That you care for a life already present on earth = the 14 yr old?

What about the 14 year old's body bearing the burden of the pregnancy 9 whole months? You think that is going to be any less than a potential post-abortion depression?

Do you realise that pregnancy is the result of a rape? Honestly

And yes, as the world stands today, as mentioned, given all the homeless, hungry children in the world (have you travelled?) I would even commend a couple that has unprotected sex and get pregnant (though I find that behaviour highly irresponsible) to abort the child IF they know that they do not want or cannot provide for the new life.

Any way carry on as you will on this subject. This is so futile a discussion and I am stunned, no appalled actually, having it and having to actually point all of the above out in such detail - in 2020.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
But only a tiny percentage of the population will choose vegan milk. Not even in india, were cows are considered gods do they make that choice. Your suggestion is impractical and it would never work. It is the nature of utopian thinking, it never works.

Ok so you don't like sticking metal rods into cows.

What is your position regarding castration for household and farm animals? By your logic, we don't have a right to castrate cats and dogs.
Pets should be banned too. It’s just another form of slavery and yes they end up needing castrated and bred to meet demand and it is so unethical.

I have pets though.

Also, I feel passionate about this subject because I truly believe animals should be protected more. But like I hinted to Aquarius and will reply in more detail tomorrow with (bed time now), it is god’s plan and I should instead keep my vibration high.
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Also, apologies, but the one carrot that is being dangled - post abortion depression is so weak against a child not having a proper mother when born.
Is a 14 yr old capable of taking care of new life that requires 24/7? Can she look after that child 24/7? Can she feed the child, etc etc etc? Can she financially fend for the child at 14?

Is it ok for the child to be born with a 14 yr, given the above, to not be able to fend for it in any way possible and the father simply not being there? You seem ok with it? So you are telling me you care for that new life? That you care for a life already present on earth = the 14 yr old?

What about the 14 year old's body bearing the burden of the pregnancy 9 whole months? You think that is going to be any less than a potential post-abortion depression?

Do you realise that pregnancy is the result of a rape? Honestly
I suppose in your view being dead is a better outcome for a person, than growing up without parents.

So you are essentially saying you are willing sacrifice the child's life, for the teen's sake, because you feel sorry for her. And you see that as "moral". It seems that because the child can't be seen or heard, he doesn't really get say in that decision doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
And yes, as the world stands today, as mentioned, given all the homeless, hungry children in the world (have you travelled?) I would even commend a couple that has unprotected sex and get pregnant (though I find that behaviour highly irresponsible) to abort the child IF they know that they do not want or cannot provide for the new life.

Any way carry on as you will on this subject. This is so futile a discussion and I am stunned, no appalled actually, having it and having to actually point all of the above out in such detail - in 2020.
If according to your logic those starving children should have been aborted, why not allow parents to kill off their children after they are born? After all they are still unwanted, still can't fend for themselves, and still live in dire conditions.

Whats the diference in your view?

I'm sorry aquarius, but your arguments are a bit too cliche. They've been around since nazi germany.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Pets should be banned too. It’s just another form of slavery and yes they end up needing castrated and bred to meet demand and it is so unethical.

I have pets though.

Also, I feel passionate about this subject because I truly believe animals should be protected more. But like I hinted to Aquarius and will reply in more detail tomorrow with (bed time now), it is god’s plan and I should instead keep my vibration high.
are your pets castrated? Would you ban animal castration instead?

At this point some species of animals are domesticated, and without castration they will forever be around. SO you can't "ban" dogs.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
are your pets castrated? Would you ban animal castration instead?

At this point some species of animals are domesticated, and without castration they will forever be around. SO you can't "ban" dogs.
All my cats are pedigree so they would be high risk to be bred for money so they all came castrated. What should happen is breeding of pets should be banned.
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
All my cats are pedigree so they would be high risk to be bred for money so they all came castrated. What should happen is breeding of pets should be banned.
In order to ban pets, you would need to castrate them so they die out without offspring. If you let them reproduce, they won't die out - and they will still require human assitance, cause they can't survive in the wild.

So you would be in favour of castration under those conditions?
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
In order to ban pets, you would need to castrate them so they die out without offspring. If you let them reproduce, they won't die out - and they will still require human assitance, cause they can't survive in the wild.

So you would be in favour of castration under those conditions?
I do agree pets should be neutered anyway so stop humans using them to breed and breed with. So yeah, neuter all of them. Are you implying I have violent tendencies so am a hypocrite?
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Unread 05-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,388
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I do agree pets should be neutered anyway so stop humans using them to breed and breed with. So yeah, neuter all of them. Are you implying I have violent tendencies so am a hypocrite?

Not at all, but it seems you don't consider that a form of rape.

Nor are you concerned with the psychological impact loosing a part of his body might bring on the animal, for nothing else besides human convenience.

But it seems that acts of cruely against animals are ok as long as they align with your interests?
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.