Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 03-31-2020, 08:35 AM

Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

"*My nephew (Jan 18, 2000) takes care of my mom who won't leave the house, and he shops with my dad for errands to assure his grandparents have what they need when in social isolation."

Be sure they are careful when they bring groceries to the house. They should wear a mask and disposable gloves, even and especially in the house. To not transmit the outside world to their grandparents. You can't be over cautious.

Unread 03-31-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
"*My nephew (Jan 18, 2000) takes care of my mom who won't leave the house, and he shops with my dad for errands to assure his grandparents have what they need when in social isolation."

Be sure they are careful when they bring groceries to the house. They should wear a mask and disposable gloves, even and especially in the house. To not transmit the outside world to their grandparents. You can't be over cautious.
He certainly does...I'm happy and relieved for him. There are grocery delivery options they should look into. It's very risky for everyone in the entire planet right now, but to be an essential business associate in a grocery store...or a nurse in an ICU crowded with a wave of covid19 sufferers...and a first responder in the CDC, military, firefighting and law enforcement...are too important to not really stay home at this time.
Unread 03-31-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Can he get a test?
Hopefully it is just a cold, but if it isn't the first few days are relatively calm, then it comes on hard and strong suddenly. Not to frighten you, but because you mention his lung difficulties.
March is a big allergy season in North America and medical experts assure the public on certain symptoms of allergies, colds and flus are not covid19 (i.e. itchy eyes). We're trying not to panic and jump into conclusions, but a lot of us for a month are worried and anxious for our lives. Most Americans quarantined themselves regardless they have covid19 or not.
Unread 03-31-2020, 06:03 PM

Well if this is not some good old Capricorn planetary energy then I don't know what is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52103967
ElenaJ (03-31-2020), Osamenor (03-31-2020)
Unread 03-31-2020, 11:03 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Well if this is not some good old Capricorn planetary energy then I don't know what is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52103967
Literally!
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 10:56 PM

Our UK prime minister Boris Johnson is now currently in intensive care with COVID-19. I do hope he recovers from this
Unread 04-06-2020, 11:15 PM

He has the natal aspect Mars square Uranus, unhappily...
Activated by this same transit I guess
Unread 04-06-2020, 11:33 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Our UK prime minister Boris Johnson is now currently in intensive care with COVID-19. I do hope he recovers from this
I thought he wasn't very well liked over there.

Though I suppose losing the prime minister would be another level of chaos that you don't need.

Personally, I would not be sad at all if Trump died of the coronavirus. I would think he got exactly what he deserved. The only sadness I would feel if I heard he was in intensive care with it would be the thought that they were trying so hard to save his worthless life, when so many others can't get care at all.

It would be chaos if he did die, but I really don't think that would be any worse than the chaos he's causing.

My impression of Johnson is that he's the UK's Trump.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 04-07-2020, 04:56 AM

Smile Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post

Though I suppose losing the prime minister would be another level of chaos that you don't need.

Personally, I would not be sad at all if Trump died of the coronavirus. I would think he got exactly what he deserved. The only sadness I would feel if I heard he was in intensive care with it would be the thought that they were trying so hard to save his worthless life, when so many others can't get care at all.

It would be chaos if he did die, but I really don't think that would be any worse than the chaos he's causing.

Osa, you're usually so straightforward about your opinions. But here you are, being downright "wishy washy" and equivocal concerning your opinion of Donald Trump. Come on, tell us how'ya REALLY feel about him!

Last edited by david starling; 04-07-2020 at 05:00 AM.
Unread 04-07-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:

Your right he's not very well-liked around here, but since his hospital admittance a lot of people's compassionate side is coming out towards him, including my own. Nobodys perfect and he's not a perfect PM, but he doesn't deserve to die from this. He's supposed to be going on a ventilator today, it's not looking good.
ElenaJ (04-07-2020)
Unread 04-07-2020, 10:20 AM
Account Closed

Quote:

Boris is nowt like trump! You got it wrong osa.

The only ppl that donít like Boris are people who donít like to work for a living. He has personality which most of the U.K. lacks anyway. I like Boris. His personal life has nothing to do with us which is what most ppl look at. If anything does happen to him the country will be worse off. At the moment heís the best person for the job. The last prime minister in this situation would have made things a lot worse.
Trump is an idiot but again I have to say he is the stronger president to deal with this. Anyone else would not step up.

In a period like this we need strong people to deal with the job at hand.

Back to the question: the way Iím responding to Covid is going by the rules and doing what Iím asked to. Staying in. Having my walk a day and exercise.

Stick to the thread osa!! Lead by example
Unread 04-07-2020, 12:39 PM

https://www.davidicke.com/article/56...today-330pm-uk

Listen to this video. David Icke explains in great depth exactly what's going on with covid-19. Maybe some of you have already seen this, and if so, good, I hope you passed it on! Others on here may think David's a shill but I don't believe he is. He speaks way too much common sense in general to be a shill. For anyone who thinks covid-19 is for real, maybe your reality needs a shake up, but you also have to be open to that and receive the information he provides with an open mind and heart, but if you're only going to watch the video with the sole purpose of shooting down everything he says, then don't bother.
Unread 04-07-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
https://www.davidicke.com/article/56...today-330pm-uk

Listen to this video. David Icke explains in great depth exactly what's going on with covid-19. Maybe some of you have already seen this, and if so, good, I hope you passed it on! Others on here may think David's a shill but I don't believe he is. He speaks way too much common sense in general to be a shill. For anyone who thinks covid-19 is for real, maybe your reality needs a shake up, but you also have to be open to that and receive the information he provides with an open mind and heart, but if you're only going to watch the video with the sole purpose of shooting down everything he says, then don't bother.
Trump's Reptilian. Icke says he, himself, has some Reptilian dna. Reptilians are immune to Covid-19.
Unread 04-07-2020, 04:51 PM

Here's an interesting chart. Pneumonia death cases for this year in the US (red line) begin to mysteriously drop off at around the time when covid-19 cases begin to rise. Coincidence? Are we suddenly getting better at preventing pneumonia? Or are pneumonia cases now just merely being diagnosed as covid-19 to inflate its numbers and make it look pandemicish? And if so, is it only being done with pneumonia or other illnesses too?

Speaking of which, pneumonia can also have the difficulty breathing sort of symptoms that seem to be attributed to covid-19.

What thinketh you?

Last edited by chiamaria; 04-07-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 04-07-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post

Here's an interesting chart. Pneumonia cases for this year in the US (red line) begin to mysteriously drop off at around the time when covid-19 cases begin to rise. Coincidence? Are we suddenly getting better at preventing pneumonia? Or are pneumonia cases now just merely being diagnosed as covid-19 to inflate its numbers and make it look pandemicish? And if so, is it only being done with pneumonia or other illnesses too?

Speaking of which, pneumonia can also have the difficulty breathing sort of symptoms that seem to be attributed to covid-19.

What thinketh you?
Looks like we're finally taking pneumonia seriously, instead of simply writing off pneumonia fatalities as an inevitable fact of life.
Unread 04-07-2020, 05:11 PM

It's considered the end period of the "seasonal pneumonia" danger. Makes sense that cases of those strains of the disease would be declining in number.
Unread 04-07-2020, 05:16 PM

Without the deployment of 5G worldwide, Covid-19 would not have become a pandemic. Not that it causes Covid-19, just that it weakens our defenses against it, and many other deadly, but less contagious diseases also.
Unread 04-07-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:

There's a saying in the Bible that God does not want the death of the sinner: He only wants for the sinner to repent.

I sure wouldn't mind Trump getting some come-uppance, but honestly, there are enough crazies in the US that I think all kinds of conspiracy theories would take hold, blaming his death on the Deep State, the Democrats, the Jews, or liberal Christians. Visible minorities who are already targeted by hate crimes would probably just experience many more of them if Trump were to die of CV-19. A lot of these crazies are heavily armed.

I'd rather see a miracle whereby Trump starts listening to medical experts and uses his political power to follow their advice.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 04-07-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Can he get a test?
Hopefully it is just a cold, but if it isn't the first few days are relatively calm, then it comes on hard and strong suddenly. Not to frighten you, but because you mention his lung difficulties.
Thankfully, the penicillin did the trick, so it probably was "just" strep throat.

Actually, I was spending a bunch of my shelter-in-place time arguing theology with Petosiris.

A good time for some more engaging discussion threads?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 04-07-2020, 08:58 PM

Looking at Boris Johnson's chart, he's currently got Neptune squaring his 6th house mercury (lungs). When mercury was conjunct Neptune a couple of days ago which was exactly square his Mercury, was when he was admitted into the hospital.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 04-07-2020 at 09:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysalis For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-07-2020)
Unread 04-09-2020, 08:30 AM

I have Saturn and Mars in Capricorn as a natal placement, which makes the fact that Saturn and Mars were in Capricorn when all this started hitting the US somewhat odd.

What I'm noticing is that the timing of this event so far hasn't disrupted my life very much. I was originally going to visit someone in Kentucky on the 20th of March, but I confirmed the dates ahead of time and they were thinking they might go to Comic-Con that weekend because it was scheduled, and moved it up to the 15th. Incidentally, that Comic-Con was likely cancelled anyway, but it's a good thing the date changed otherwise the hotel might have been unavailable due to mass closures. The main thing I wanted to see there, the baseball bat museum was still open for business at the time I went, though many other things were starting to close at that time. I was also able to try the pizza place said friend recommended right before the lockdowns got serious.

After coming home, I somehow managed to get a physical copy of the new Animal Crossing game from GameStop on the final day they were open for walk-in business in my area, March 21st. My instincts somehow led me to get the game a bit earlier than I usually would have, and it proved correct. It's like I had a sixth sense for how fast the lockdown would proceed and stayed ahead of it in terms of planning out the few things I wanted to get done.

As far as April is concerned, I had originally been assigned to grand jury duty in April, and I would have had to go in twice a week for the whole month. Because of the shutdown, I no longer have to go to jury duty, which means the whole hassle I was anticipating didn't materialize.

Additionally, none of the people close to me are staying home. My Mom is working harder than usual on a defense contract. My Dad is an environmental contractor and he has to help construct various kinds of containment/barriers for the local government. And my friend I went to see works for a retirement home and although it's on lockdown, she still has to go in and take care of the residents because... well, they're elderly and some have dementia. I work on an open source browser project that's struggling to keep up with Chrome, and we're racing to try and take advantage of the delays in Google's development and deployment schedule to catch up on features. It sounds weird to say it, but the virus brought us a few extra months by hitting Google in the pocketbook (they rely heavily on ad revenue) and disrupting their normal workflow, without affecting us in the same way due to how we operate.

Another odd thing is how we've sourced supplies. My Mom told me that although it's unnerving seeing toilet paper missing from shelves, we already had a two-month supply of it because she worries about blizzards and such, and therefore hoards it under normal circumstances. On top of that, my Dad (who doesn't live with us) was concerned about us and somehow managed to get us 20 rolls of toilet paper on top of what we had, and also got us a box of N95 masks in case we have to go out. So we've somehow wound up with a fairly decent supply of masks and toilet paper.

My daily life is a lot like it was before the pandemic. I am usually pretty restricted in my ability to go places because I can't drive anyway, and rarely have any extra income or any friends I'm able to see in real life. My Mom still brings home food from the drive-thru every day on her way home from work because those haven't closed yet. If it weren't for the discomfort of having to listen to the news or being uncomfortable in the awareness that I no longer have the choice to go out places if I wanted to, my life wouldn't be appreciably different.

I am worried that as Mars and Saturn move into Aquarius things could start to look a lot worse for me, because that's the sign on my MC. But for right now, everything is going either average or better than average in my personal life despite the fact that civilization seems to be falling apart.
The Following User Says Thank You to athenian200 For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-09-2020)
Unread 04-09-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Thankfully, the penicillin did the trick, so it probably was "just" strep throat.

Actually, I was spending a bunch of my shelter-in-place time arguing theology with Petosiris.

A good time for some more engaging discussion threads?
No one can anchor an argument as well as peto! He gets totally engaged.

Of course, I'm totally engaged in studying the astrological Ages, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

What sort of topic would you, yourself find engaging?

Last edited by david starling; 04-09-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Unread 04-09-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:

The news footage showed him doing the exact opposite of Social Distancing, not all that long ago. Likely, he managed to breathe in or touch the virus with the people he entertained then. Same with Trump, but djt with his Jupiter seemingly, always doing him favors of protection, managed to avoid getting infected surprisingly, but thats how being born to a Lucky Jupiter operates in one's life too I suppose.

With Johnson, not so lucky, even his girlfriend managed to show symptoms and she's pregnant. So hopefully the baby and she will be okay and she'll recover well.

A lot of selfishness abounds when people as we've seen in the U.S. make fun (the gas mask dude Republican Matt Gaetz) and djt playing down the entire thing for months. People (about 1/2 of our country) tend to believe every word that comes out of his little pie hole. After all, he had INTEL communities, telling him in briefings about the Pandemic as far back as last November - Dec. and now emails came to light saying his own choice of Administration P. Navarro - also spoke of exactly what we are seeing right now, and worse - a serious warning, back in late January! (he denies seeing anything of course) as usual. i.e. from Idioms - online - 2. Proverb "See no evil, Hear no evil" =
Quote:
To ignore or turn a blind eye to evil without taking action against it. A lot of people will decry human rights abuses, but as soon as correcting those abuses inconveniences their own lives in any way, they choose to see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

For example, one man told his wife he will take the fish tank cleaner because it's the same ingredient that his hero, djt has been touting, day and night on TV whenever he has the opportunity. Well that man's dead now.

Quote:
Man dies after ingesting aquarium product containing chloroquine: Hospital network A man reportedly died after ingesting a substance used to clean fish tanks that contains a form of chloroquine, a drug that President Donald Trump has claimed repeatedly could be a "game changer" in the fight against the novel coronavirus.

Man dies after ingesting aquarium product containing ...

abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-dies-ingesting-chloroquine-prevent-coronavirus-bann…

In similar fashion, perhaps less so, is Boris Johnson when he played down the Corona-Virus.

A friend published this article the other day, after realizing her family told her as a child she was born during such a time as what is termed the "Nodal Binding" -

Thus far, scanning the dates in 2020, the "binding planets within the nodes" seems to have started globally on 2/25 (Sidereal Vedic using only the original planets)

and doesn't end until the end of May.

It picks up again, later on in 2020 in the winter months, and again in 2021.
I don't know how this is going to play out as for "binding us" collectively, but I'll be cognizant now of these dates. She says apparently, it also operates the same way in natal charts...

Man dies after ingesting aquarium product containing chloroquine: Hospital network A man reportedly died after ingesting a substance used to clean fish tanks that contains a form of chloroquine, a drug that President Donald Trump has claimed repeatedly could be a "game changer" in the fight against the novel corona virus.

**That doesn't mean the "binding" needs to be the return of the virus however, in 2021, it could be something altogether new

For the graph's Feb. 25th commence date of the "binding within the Nodes", I saw this today on the NY Post:

"The coronavirus was likely spreading in New York City as early as February, weeks before the Big Apple’s first confirmed case, according to a report citing new research."

Now I'm wondering IF (as with transits themselves), there is an orb play that also takes place within the start and ending dates. Very likely there is some wiggle room then to watch out for. For personal nativity charts, she seems to think it was operational for her moreso when she was younger until she became more cognizant of pulling away from the family bounds placed on her.

She does both Vedic & Tropical astrology, so her example chart shown would be Tropical from the Feb. 25th - to late May in the graph - and as she mentioned, even the outer planets are "bound within the Nodes" during that time so a very literal interpretation:

http://www.astromanda.com/nodal-bind/

Manda works and recreates with Robert Hand and lots of the well known ones, so she takes her work quite seriously too. I don't think she'd have shared this unless it was well researched by her first.

Last edited by leomoon; 04-09-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 04-09-2020, 05:58 PM

cont'd: From AstroManda: article posted above -

COVID19 Pandemic:
Quote:
The nodal bind again occurs now between from Feb 25 2020 to May 29 2020 for 84 days amidst the period of Pluto Saturn Conjunction in Capricorn. We started hearing about Corona virus in the middle of January 2020, and then people started googling it, becoming curious, but in a monthís time, by the end of February, the whole World was hysteric about it. We went from washing hands, wearing gloves and masks, social distancing, shelter in place, school and business closures to complete lock-down in some countries. The nodal bind will occur again from Dec 2020 to March 2021 for 87 days, and again from Dec 2021 to April 2022 for 130 days. This could mean that although the epidemic subsides in May, there could be a second and third wave of COVID19, or some other event possibly that binds us apart,
Unread 04-09-2020, 06:15 PM

Ugh, leomoon. How extra scary that the transpersonal planets are also involved.

Kshantaram has mentioned the nodal binding phenomenon before in the natal chart of a narcissistic physical and emotional abuser and thief (IIRC). He called it darkness below the lamp. One of the explanations arising from that discussion had to do with how transits affect planets in that kind of natal configuration without respite or support, I think.

Have not seen it used in mundane astrology til now. Seems like we should request more insight from Vedic practitioners. This is the second time Iíve heard the May 29 end date from a Vedic source. Obviously that set of dates doesnít need to line up with the lifting of specific lockdown orders and small business strangulation, because the orders are not happening simultaneously globally.

Last edited by passiflora; 04-09-2020 at 06:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
david starling (04-09-2020), leomoon (04-13-2020)