Astrology and Surgery date

Hi my name is Corrina,
I am in a position where I could use as much advice as I can possibly get. I will explain my situation below for those who are reading this post so they can understand my situation and give me their opinion.

Today is July 27, 2017
I am planning on going to a symbiosis gathering for the Total Solar Eclipse here in Oregon on August 21, 2017, This gathering is from August 17th-23rd (It is a week long camping festival) There will be a lot of retreats, including yoga, self healing, dancing, and much more. I purchased my ticket last year and have been planning for this event for several months; however, since last year I have had a few "odd" fainting spells where I felt it coming on and then I have blacked out and had compulsions. I have had several tests done to find out why this has happened. Its happened a handful of times but non often. These spells have been happening for a little over a year and I have one every 3-5 months. I had a MRI done and I found out I have a AVM (artrevenous malformation) This means I have extra blood vessels that aren't supposed to be there and is the reason I have had these episodes. In order to have it removed I have to have brain surgery. According to the doctor it is very small and is at the surface of the right side of my brain and will be easy to remove. My optional dates for surgery are August 21, 2017 (solar eclipse day) August 23, 2017 (waxing moon) or September 11, 2017 (waning moon and also 9/11 memorial)

I am in need of some advice on when I should get my surgery. I can miss the eclipse; however, I don't know if it would be safe to have surgery on the day of the eclipse. August 23 is also an option but that day will be a waxing moon and I've been told that waxing moon is good for having surgery that involves "adding on not removing" ex. Breast implants, hip surgery etc. My surgery will involve removing the avm so apparently that should be done when it is a waning moon.
I was thinking about possibly having the surgery on the 23rd so I could go to the festival from the 17-22nd and then have the surgery the 23rd. The reason I was considering this is so I could go have a good time and get in tuned with myself and experience the eclipse and then go into surgery with a good mindset but then I question if it is a good idea to have the type of surgery I am having when it is a waxing moon. The last option is September 11th which is a waning moon and I've been told 11 is a good number however I would prefer getting the surgery over and done with ASAP and not wait that long but if I have to I will, I am just scared of having another spell where I faint and have a non epileptic seizure. They don't happen very often but when they do it isn't a good experience.

My birthday is February 20, 1996 (Pisces)
August 23rd and September 11th are both Virgo dates

If anyone is reading this and has some advice please tell me what you would do in my situation, whether you would go to the festival or not, also which day you would get surgery and why, or anything else you'd like to say to me to help me make my decision.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, it truly means a lot!!!

CapAquaPis

How about Aug. 30-31 to have your surgery? The waxing moon (past first quarter) in Sagittarius, not Scorpio (Aug 28-29), the sign represents death and disease. The moon is in Capricorn Sep. 1-2, a not very good sign in medical healing, so the perfect date for surgery is between these 2 signs. And about Sagittarius has a medical perspective as the "healer", then the parazodiac of Ophiuchus - snake wrestler. The symbol of medical science and pharmacies have a snake on a post - might come from Ophiuchus' symbolism.

Kinda on or off topic, c-section babies have uncertain ascendant signs, like my brother (Apr 23, 1981) - whether his birth occurred in 7:13am or 7:01pm when the cesarean section surgery was completed. Would he be a Taurus rising...or Scorpio rising? 13' Scorpio is pretty bad, then so is 13' Taurus conjunct the sun. Our mother is a Taurus sun/Sag rising/Aqua moon (Apr 29, 1951), while my bro's sag Moon is in harmony with our Sag sun/Taurus moon/Aqua rising (Dec 17, 1946). I can see many astrological connections here in my family.

Culpeper

Premium Member
At or near a visible eclipse is not a favorable time to have surgery. I have looked at electional charts for September eleventh and that appears to be a good day for it, and afternoon will be best. The moon will be active in Gemini.

That is not too much longer to wait. If you are concerned about seizures before the date, you can try homeopathic cell salt calcium fluoride. It has been found to prevent them.

I wish I could do it those dates but unfortunately they aren't options. The doctor is so busy because he is a neurosurgeon. This surgery will involve removing an avm from the surface of the brain and the only open dates optional for the surgery are the 21st, 23rd, or September 11th... unless I book it way later but this is a surgery that needs to get done as soon as possible...also, why isn't it preferred to have surgery during the eclipse time? And do you know where I can get that supplement you mentioned?

Culpeper

Premium Member
Eclipses are considered dangerous although not for everyone or every time. Your birth chart would be needed to be sure. The remedy I mentioned is often found in health food stores and pharmacies in the supplements section. Look for cell salts and then the particular one. They can be ordered on line. Just enter the full name into a search engine and a number of sellers will appear. Whenever I go to Amazon.com they try to sell me more homeopathic remedies.

Why is it considered dangerous to have surgery on or near the eclipse? I was thinking in my head "maybe I should do it during that time because it's a total solar eclipse and is super cool and also people will be happy during that time because they are excited about the eclipse so I was thinking there would be good energy in the air. I was also thinking what if it makes the surgery go good or even more beneficial for me... but I don't know.. that's why I am asking for advice:) I'm not sure what my birth chart is so I'm not really sure which day would be better for me to have surgery on.

Oddity

The sun signifies vitality and health, amongst other things. An eclipse blots out the sun. Symbolically, not good. The moon signifies the body generally, when there's a lunar eclipse, it gets blotted out.

Traditionally, eclipses are harbingers of bad things for the world, as to what bad things, you'd need to look at ingress charts, lunations, and the Jupiter/Saturn cycle. Those aren't usually going to effect many individual people, but having the lights in the sky (the ones God set there to guide us) disappear does not bode well.

That's the most of it. Now, if it were emergency surgery go ahead and do it, regardless, you don't have much other sane choice in a matter like that. But if you do have some time, don't have surgery under an eclipse.

The sun signifies vitality and health, amongst other things. An eclipse blots out the sun. Symbolically, not good. The moon signifies the body generally, when there's a lunar eclipse, it gets blotted out.

Traditionally, eclipses are harbingers of bad things for the world, as to what bad things, you'd need to look at ingress charts, lunations, and the Jupiter/Saturn cycle. Those aren't usually going to effect many individual people, but having the lights in the sky (the ones God set there to guide us) disappear does not bode well.

That's the most of it. Now, if it were emergency surgery go ahead and do it, regardless, you don't have much other sane choice in a matter like that. But if you do have some time, don't have surgery under an eclipse.

Okay so you think it would be a bad idea to do it 2 days after the eclipse as well?

Okay, so you think it would be a bad idea to do it 2 days after the eclipse as well? I was talking to my aunt and she says I should wait for the 11th of September (which is the other optional surgery date) because she said 11 is a powerful number and also it's a waning moon that day... one other question is "I'd probably have the surgery in the morning or afternoon sometime.. since the moon isn't out at that time how would it effect the surgery? Thanks again!

Culpeper

Premium Member
The 11th is the best electional astrological day. And just as a thought, since you mentioned its numberological significance, the sign of Gemini looks like an 11. The Moon is void-of-course early in the day and enters Gemini about noon and then it will be active. The afternoon will be best time.

The 11th is the best electional astrological day. And just as a thought, since you mentioned its numberological significance, the sign of Gemini looks like an 11. The Moon is void-of-course early in the day and enters Gemini about noon and then it will be active. The afternoon will be best time.
What does it mean that it is the best electional day? Also, why did you say that Gemini is the best for me to do the surgery.. September 11th is Virgo

What does it mean that it is the best electional day? Also, why did you say that Gemini is the best for me to do the surgery.. September 11th is Virgo

Culpeper

Premium Member
The Sun will be in Virgo, but the Moon will enter Gemini on Sept. 11. By electional I mean electional astrology. It is used to find favorable days and times to start new projects or to do critical actions like surgery. A favorable outcome can be expected if the planets are well placed when something is started or happens.

The Sun will be in Virgo, but the Moon will enter Gemini on Sept. 11. By electional I mean electional astrology. It is used to find favorable days and times to start new projects or to do critical actions like surgery. A favorable outcome can be expected if the planets are well placed when something is started or happens.
Wow that makes me feel so much better, thank you!

Athena F

Hello! Thank you for your site!

I have been trying to determine a benevolent date to have heart valve replacement surgery. I have only a basic/limited knowledge of astrology and I have received so much conflicting information online, I've simply become overwhelmed/frustrated.

I'm looking to schedule for November/December, but many dates are already ruled out due to full moons, new moons, holidays, weekends, Wednesdays (the surgeon doesn't perform surgery on Wednesdays), being in the moon sign corresponding to the body part being operated on (Leo/heart), Mercury retrograde, etc. etc.

I cannot afford to have an expensive chart or consultation done, but I could really use some knowledgeable advice. I realize there may not be a "perfect date", but I'd like to give myself the best possible outcome that I can.

I know nothing about what all the squares, trines, Lunar Days and Houses mean. (I found what looked to be a good date but the LUNAR date said never have surgery on this day! Oh no!) Moon Void-of-course is considered bad, but it happens so frequently! The assistant probably won't be able to tell me the exact time I'm having surgery, so that's nigh-impossible to determine.

I was told not to have a "weak Sun" or it would affect my vitality. Not to have Mars "angry" or square with things but not WHICH things. I also read that since Pisces is opposite Virgo, I shouldn't have surgery when the moon is in Pisces, nor when it's in Virgo itself because it's "too close to me, being my own sign". Honestly my head is just spinning at this point. (I'd assumed Virgo was good because Earth/steady, but I have no idea how all this works!)

I've already been told on November 21 Mercury goes direct, and there is a challenging Chiron-Mars-Ceres alignment, so not to do it on that date.

Also November 7, there are three planets in retrograde, so don't do it that date either.

I was told Dec. 17th was better than Dec. 3rd but I'd have to pay a lot of money to find out WHY. (I don't have money right now, unfortunately) December 17th is getting close to Winter Solstice, so I was originally hoping maybe for a little earlier than that, due to more illnesses going around during Winter than Autumn (I could be in the hospital recovering for almost a week or possibly even more afterward, depending on how it goes)

My surgeon's assistant says starting Nov. 7th, the choices are pretty much open except weekends and Wednesdays. I do feel like Fridays/holidays may not be the best though since people want to go home, and that the later it gets in the week the more tired people might be. I've mostly been looking at Mondays and Tuesdays just because they "feel" better to me, although maybe there's a fantastic Thursday I'm not seeing yet.

That's a lot to unpack and I thank you most kindly for your patience, indulgence, time and support. This has been a very long year full of setbacks and other ailments preventing me from setting a date. I'm hoping to get this done soon so I can start finally feeling better. If there are any kind souls willing to help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I was born September, 17th, 1967 at 4:31 PM.
I was born in San Bernardino, California (which is near Riverside/Los Angeles, California)
I believe that means I have a Pisces moon sign, but I'm not certain since I have botched time zones on several occasions already while trying to understand these things.
The surgery itself will be performed in Seattle, Washington.

Please let me know if there is any more information needed that I omitted. Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide. It is greatly appreciated. A Virgo spinning their wheels is NOT a pretty sight haha! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thank you for any advice/insight! Hope you have a good day! :)