Problems with finding the right vocation..

omnia

Hi all,
I am very confused about my working path When i look at the MC -in Cap i see that Saturn squares Venus in Gemini.I have always felt unsatisfied with my career choice.When i was a child i used to drawing, people said that i have a gift and i have to use it.Later i went in uni to study chemistry.After few years i just decided that i don't like it, and i thought that i have to study tourism.During my studies i work as a shop assistant, as a waitress, but it was for support.I want to find i job that i will be useful and satisfied with.I 've read that one can see different charts, of a teacher, writer, artist...and so on.I can't be objektive of my chart and i will be glad if you look at my chart.Thank you!
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4779/astro2gw06venelinasokol.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

flea

capricorn is ruled by saturn which is sitting in your 5th house, with jupiter NN mars, with some leo and virgo energy. Creativity is some form or another would seem to be a pretty strong direction. Saturn is square neptune, contact between these two planets help artistic matters, bringing the structure to bring the nebulous into form. Strong earth theme with taurus sun and asc. Cancer moon can bring sensitivity and feeling....in third house of communication. Do you like sculpture, painting, photography, film, talking, writing, music, singing. There are so many forms of creativity, which ones reasonate with you. John Pawson is a taurus.... an amazing architect. Bruce Chatwin was a writer also taurus, george clooney an actor.... And also noted that taureans can create beautiful jewellery. They have a nose for beaty and how to create it.

astrology tells you so much.... but you also need to give yourself the time to know you, and what you need to feel fulfilled. Knowing what doesn't do that is very important information it is the first step.

FleaXXX

starlink

Omnia, if people tell you that you have a gift, then I would act on that. Ever thought of going to an art school? The square from Saturn to creative Venus shows your fear or whatever it is, that prevents you from
making use of your gift. Your 5th house has Mercury as ruler and Venus as co-ruler of the intercepted sign Libra. Mercury is known for it's ability to use one's hands, be it as a handyman or a painter. Venus is the planet of beauty. Placed in the 2nd house of income, it does show the possibility of earning a living with a creative endeavor. If only you could believe in yourself and get over that wall.

Mercury also rules your 2nd house of income and is placed in the 12th. This could show a way of earning your money in privacy, on your own.
Venus opposes Neptune, a classic aspect for artistic talent. you have lots of creative ideas shown by the Mercury-Uranus sesquiquadrate.

Saturn rules your MC and is in that creative 5th house. Everything points to creativity in your chart. Maybe you can still change your direction and go the artistic way. Moon in Cancer in the 3rd could show good salesmanship. You could sell yourself well with that sextile to the Ascendant.
Moon makes good aspects with the ruler of your MC, so some sort of communication (through art?) could well be what you should do. Or writing maybe? 12th house Mercury is very good for that.

Ever thought about catering business? Moon in Cancer is good for that as well. Presenting beautiful dishes could also be a possibility.

So anything that involves expression of your creativity will be a good thing to find a job in.

You are still very young and can still do so much.

omnia

Thank you very much for your answer, flea!

Starlink,
Thank you very much for the answer!It's very helpful.I have never seen my chart in that positive way.I have self doubts very often.I guess the Venus/Saturn aspect has something to do with my constant feeling that i'm not good and creative enough.

Claire19

Definitely teaching and helping those with literacy problems or the underprivileged or incapacitated in some way. Writing and or illustrating childrens books. No major career focus really. Can be involved in library archives etc. there is indications of being poorly paid and perhaps two part tim jobs may by the answer. Saturn in the 5th can indicate that creativity and hobbies or leisure activities can earn money in some activity where technique and discipline required. Being a double Taurus can be involved in money managing or working with plants, pottery etc. Anything with the Earth will be satisfying, growing vegetables and fruits etc. Herbal garden.

omnia

Claire19,
thanks for the input.I know that my chart is not career focused (i have no planets in the 10th h), that's why i have always felt confused.But i think is self -confidence problem that blocks my expression...

R4VEN

omnia said:
I know that my chart is not career focused (i have no planets in the 10th h), that's why i have always felt confused.But i think is self -confidence problem that blocks my expression...
Having no planets in the 10th does not make you a non-career-focused person, omnia. You have Capricorn MC, and that can lead you to being attracted to structured workplaces, such as government or corporate working environments - but that is only one perspective. Saturn - ruling your MC - is in the 5th, so some kind of self-expression would be necessary. However, your Saturn placement (particularly the t-square it forms with both Venus and Neptune) can render you quite down on yourself, and lacking in confidence in your own abilities. I believe that the key to working with this t-square is in self-expression of some kind. Perhaps you would benefit from some kind of structured self-expression (and to be honest, I have no idea what this means, but I'm hoping you would know!!)

I'm more interested in your 12th house - in which Aries is intercepted - and in which you not only have Chiron conjunct your Asc (a sign of one who has an innate ability to heal others - perhaps through an art-form) and your Taurus sun, but you have an unaspected Mercury in Aries. The 12th house is the key to your `hidden' talents.

The unaspected Mercury in the 12th is perhaps one of the most significant in your chart, and because it is in the 12th house and in an intercepted sign, you may have difficulty in `finding' it. I'm sure that you have a deep desire to express yourself in some way - through words, music, art, writing - but you may either lack the confidence to give it a go, or perhaps have little idea about how to go about it. I suspect that this is the real reason you are asking about vocation - that is, you really want to express yourself openly and freely, but perhaps feel that you are not good enough, not talented enough, or even that this desire or talent is nowhere to be found on your chart..... but it is!!

And another thing.....................
You also have the asteroid Ceres conjunct both your Asc and Chiron, all in Taurus. This may be a further indication of you needing to use whatever creative forces you decide upon to nurture and help heal both yourself and others. There is also a quintile formed between your 2nd house Venus in Gemini and the North node-Mars conjunction in Leo in the 5th. This also speaks to me of a powerful creative/artistic urge within you. This drive is very strong, and will only get stronger once you get into your 30's.

I hope I have not confused you with TMI (i.e. Too Much Information!!)

omnia

R4VEN said:
you quite down on yourself, and lacking in confidence in your own abilities. I believe that the key to working with this t-square is in self-expression of some kind. Perhaps you would benefit from some kind of structured self-expression (and to be honest, I have no idea what this means, but I'm hoping you would know!!)

The unaspected Mercury in the 12th is perhaps one of the most significant in your chart, and because it is in the 12th house and in an intercepted sign, you may have difficulty in `finding' it. I'm sure that you have a deep desire to express yourself in some way - through words, music, art, writing - but you may either lack the confidence to give it a go, or perhaps have little idea about how to go about it. I suspect that this is the real reason you are asking about vocation - that is, you really want to express yourself openly and freely, but perhaps feel that you are not good enough, not talented enough, or even that this desire or talent is nowhere to be found on your chart..... but it is!!
R4VEN,
Thank you for the answer!What you've written , is the way it is.I hope that i will find a way and courage to express myself.

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'
Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html

Now your unaspected mercury is in 11th house Equal house system. The problem with an unaspected Mercury is the lack of interest in communication. This then becomes one of the indicators of the so‑called silent type person. It may simply be difficult for you to engage in dialogue or any other form of contact that requires some kind of social exchange. Or can babble on at the most inopportune moments, knowing they should keep quiet, but unable to.

Will send you PM as the forum rules stipulate that only 100words can be used from another author without stating the author, book or website and as I don’t recall exactly where or who and don’t want to commit plagiarism, don’t have any choice but to PM as I do want you to have the full information or quote……

Now your chiron warrants further research so try here...
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironinhouses.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironinthesigns.html

Chiron and Ascendant
Since the Ascendant is always exactly opposite the Descendant, an aspect to one is also an aspect to the other. This means if you have a Chiron/Ascendant aspect, you must have a Chiron/Descendant aspect as well. As a result, this combination affects the way we start things, our initial approach to the world, and the way people see us (Ascendant). But it also affects the way we relate to others (Descendant). People with Chiron/Ascendant aspects can be great teachers or healers, but there is a wild side that can come to the surface. It becomes easier to "wound" others or be wounded by them. A positive way to use this would be to help others work through their problems.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironaspects.html

Now if your time of birth is correct using Solar arcs, approx age 6 your family should have relocated?
Age 15 SA sun conj Asc from 12th should have been changes within family also. Perhaps more independent, assertive, after all it is the house of Aries and presentation..??

Also in Equal house yours mars/jupiter conj is in 4th house and this is where you should feel confidence and express yourself.

Just Saturn in 5th house of children, love affairs, romance and finally creativity. Wherever Saturn is in your chart is where you 'lack confidence' and where you put hard work and effort into things by way of compensation. Now as you are just experiencing your first Saturn return is a rather important time where we take stock and want to put down roots, make something of ourselves and set the stage for the next 28years or so....

Your Saturn square Neptune can be fear of unknown and depressive if triggered by a transit, all of which stems back to childhood whereby father, or authority figure crushed your dreams, fantasies etc.
Saturn square Venus is also a feeling of being unloved or uncherished from childhood and you may always feel that you have to 'give out' twice as much love as that you receive back from others. But please remember your Soul has probably asked for the Lessons in this lifetime.

wilsontc

Staff member
non-career focused, to omnia

omnia,

You said:
omnia said:
I know that my chart is not career focused (i have no planets in the 10th h), that's why i have always felt confused.

Not having planets focused in the 10th house (duty, also career) house does indicate that you don't focus on having a career simply to have a career. It does not mean you can't have a career of some type, but it does mean that your focus isn't on getting a career. Which is why the "career thing" has become an issue, since it isn't a "natural focus" in your life, career issues "sit back there" until you are forced to focus on them. And, since you have a strong "inner connection" (i.e., planet :conjunct: (energy is combined with) your IC (inner world), you naturally "focus inward" while working on career requires you to focus outward.

Non-careering,

Tim

R4VEN

astrologer50 said:
The problem with an unaspected Mercury is the lack of interest in communication. This then becomes one of the indicators of the so‑called silent type person. It may simply be difficult for you to engage in dialogue or any other form of contact that requires some kind of social exchange. Or can babble on at the most inopportune moments, knowing they should keep quiet, but unable to.
Sorry, astrologer50, but I cannot let that one just slip through to the keeper. (A cricketing analogy for the US readers!)

In her "The Yod Book", Dutch astrologer, Karen Hamaker-Zondag states that as unaspected planet gives a person a preoccupation with the affairs of this planet. For instance, an unaspected sun can lead a person to being overly interested in things to do with leadership, or generally being seen.

As one with an unaspected Mercury myself, I have always been a trifle obsessed with communication and the tools of communication - eg. pens, pencils and other writing equipment, mobile phones - and with the art of communication itself. I really admire skilled communicators, and have chosen communication-related fields for my work. However, there is sometimes a glitch within this interest, when I hold back when I really should speak up, or write the letter or email. This is due to a deep-seated insecurity around my communication abilities, something I have pointed out to omnia, and she has agreed with this in her last post.

An unaspected planet is very unlikely to be one in which a person is disinterested. The opposite usually applies. However, what holds back the expression of the affairs of this planet can be an avenues for expressing it - which is normally provided by the major aspects to it - as well as some blockages to opportunities for its expression.

R4VEN said:
Sorry, astrologer50, but I cannot let that one just slip through to the keeper. (A cricketing analogy for the US readers!)

In her "The Yod Book", Dutch astrologer, Karen Hamaker-Zondag states that as unaspected planet gives a person a preoccupation with the affairs of this planet. For instance, an unaspected sun can lead a person to being overly interested in things to do with leadership, or generally being seen.

As one with an unaspected Mercury myself, I have always been a trifle obsessed with communication and the tools of communication - eg. pens, pencils and other writing equipment, mobile phones - and with the art of communication itself. I really admire skilled communicators, and have chosen communication-related fields for my work. However, there is sometimes a glitch within this interest, when I hold back when I really should speak up, or write the letter or email. This is due to a deep-seated insecurity around my communication abilities, something I have pointed out to omnia, and she has agreed with this in her last post.

An unaspected planet is very unlikely to be one in which a person is disinterested. The opposite usually applies. However, what holds back the expression of the affairs of this planet can be an avenues for expressing it - which is normally provided by the major aspects to it - as well as some blockages to opportunities for its expression.

Well actually, I feel this can go both ways, like merc squ jupiter, it either overtalks and doesn't shut up or keeps quiet when it should be talking.;)

R4VEN

astrologer50 said:
Well actually, I feel this can go both ways, like merc squ jupiter, it either overtalks and doesn't shut up or keeps quiet when it should be talking.;)
I agree with that, a50.

It was the word `disinterested' which I reacted to. There may be reluctance, or fear, or insecurity or over-expression as a result of having an unaspected planet, but disinterest - no.

[Sorry if I sounded somewhat over-the-top in my post. I get very wordy on these posts, and that can be a manifestation of an unaspected :mercury:. I also think that Mars in Aries (currently conj my IC) is making me somewhat reactive today. This has not been the first time today that I've shot my mouth off.]

starlink

An unaspected planet is very unlikely to be one in which a person is disinterested.

This is true for me as well. My Mercury has turned retrograde by progression some years ago and since then I am totally occupied with communication stuff, just like R4ven, by computers, anything to do with stationary (funny this one, when I am in a foreign country on vacation, first thing: bookshop and stationary stuff!), I am very careful to get the best when it comes to computers or mobile phones, Tomtom and the type of pen I use. Not with anything else in my house. Lousy pots and pans, very simple, basic appliences etc-

R4VEN

starlink said:
first thing: bookshop and stationary stuff!), I am very careful to get the best when it comes to computers or mobile phones, Tomtom and the type of pen I use. Not with anything else in my house. Lousy pots and pans, very simple, basic appliences etc-
Heh-heh - glad to hear it, starlink!!!!

I cannot go past a stationery display in a shop - be it supermarket or newsagent - without buying at least one pen. I don't collect pens, I just have to buy them, just in case I'm caught somewhere without a pen and I need to write something down!!

It's a sickness!

Star,

I take you have unaspected mercury then?

I have retrograde mercury natally which means I have think about and internalise communications, and am not overly confident especially when young/teenage, but obviously now espec when it went direct age 19ish much much better. But even now if someone upsets me, I have to really think about why I'm upset (lack of planets in water also) and if that person has really upset me, (danger sign if I go quiet) then when I've thought about things, can be quite dynamic, aggressive even, but always has to go internal first. Am not arguementative and it doesn't trip off the tongue like lots of people....

omnia

Wow, very interesting comments!Thanks guys!:)
I have to say that I enjoy communications.I make friends easily.But usually i'm the one that speaks more, most of my friends have Mercury in Pieses.Sometimes i'm blunt, sometimes i 'm not in a mood to talk.My grandma says that i have to close my mouth, because i will have many problems ...:D
When i'm alone i never get bored, because i read books megazines, and i love my pc.

R4VEN

omnia said:
My grandma says that i have to close my mouth, because i will have many problems ...:D
When i'm alone i never get bored, because i read books megazines, and i love my pc.
Very typically unaspected Mercury then.

When I was a kid (back in the 50's when kids were still meant to shutup and listen to their elders) I was very opinionated, and my mother was always calling me `outspoken' - like that was a bad thing!

Your grandma sounds a bit like my mother - always worried that your mouth may get you into trouble................
It may, but it is more likely that it can be your entry to a lot of what is valuable in your life. One of the things about an unaspected planet seems to be that whenever you express it others will try to deflect you or to keep you quiet in some way.

omnia

Haha R4VEN,
Although i looked very calm , i 've had an opinion.And most people said, oh you look so quiet,...and then....suprise.I'm have to say that i'm not very proud of my behaviour because i 'm blunt exactly with people that are closer to me.:confused:But i think My Mars square Uranus has something to do with it(very impulsive and quick tempered).