Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Don't know - mixed experience/answer

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters

kissefemme

Tora said:
I was reading this article and the following paragraph caught my eyes.

So my question is... have you any experience of it? Perhaps you have Neptune on Asc or you know someone who has and consider they are elusive?

Tora

yes i've found it to be true. if it's a Pisces ascendant, there's Neptune rising or a triple aquarian with their planets in 12th all near the ascendant. i've found them to be the the creative types of people that don't feel they have a need to settle down. which is interesting. i seem to attract Pisces. but it's either everything or nothing for us

Last edited:
It can be true, the little girl Madeline Mccann has Mars conjunct Neptune square her natal Sun and Mercury. It is very hard to find her, the same elusiveness is there. The planet Mars, is the natural ruler of the Asc. I would imagine, people with similar configurations are elusive for a variety of reasons. The trines can get away with being more elusive.

dreamtimez

Its difficult to get to know people who have strong 12th house planets. :) Speaking from experience ... you never really know what they really are. :rolleyes:

freedomlover

Tora said:
I was reading this article and the following paragraph caught my eyes.

So my question is... have you any experience of it? Perhaps you have Neptune on Asc or you know someone who has and consider they are elusive?

Tora

I know two people with Neptune conjunct their Ascendant. Both of them spend much time apart from others. One is male, and rarely leaves his bedroom except to work. The other is female, and moved 2 states away from her family - out a deserted country road miles from the nearest city- so she could have some privacy.

My mother had a Sun, Venus, and Juno in the 12th house AND Neptune conjunct the Ascendant! She led a complete double-life that I had no clue of until after her death!

FL

Zonark

I have Capricorn Ascendant Conjunct Neptune in the 1st house and people have the hardest time figuring me out. I'm a mystery to most, including myself. :alien:

Rebel Uranian

I have Neptune conjunct and parallel the Ascendant and it's annoying. I also have the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, and Uranus conjunct and/or parallel. I don't think Neptune does what people think it does...

Last edited:

dr. farr

I voted, mixed: RU is quite right (in my opinion) with the statement, "I don't think Neptune does what people think it does." Indeed, this expresses much of the essence of Neptune as I have come to understand its nature...
(Note: figures that such a perfect Nuptunian statement would come from a person having Neptune Parallel the ascendant!)

Caro

I have neptune in 1st in scorpi, mars in 12th in libra and aqua sun, that ishow people often describe me - elusive, and that I disappear.......

junejune

I too have Neptune in 1st house. And it's nearly conjunct on my ascendant. Perhaps you would consider a 13 degree orb. Kiddin' :biggrin: And just a day ago, two of my friends asked me why I always look serious.. Why I always bow my head when I walk, like I'm always in deep thought. I don't know. Maybe my Capricorn rising has something to do with it.

waybread

I have Neptune in the first house, though not conjunct the ascendant.

Here is my personal take on the question.

The best way I can describe a challenging aspect to Neptune is that it tends to "dissolve" or "erase" what it touches. Now you see it, now you don't. A Neptune trine tends to give a rich imaginative life.

The trouble with Neptune conjunct the Asc or in the 1st house is that what Neptune tends to erase is one's outer personality and consequently, one's sense of self, because the first house suggests how other people will respond to us. Consequently first house Neptune people can be on a long-term identity quest, which is ultimately futile, because Neptune will keep erasing whatever firm sense of identity the person thinks she's captured.

Here's the kicker. With Neptune in the first or conjunct the Asc from the 12th, the person can become quite the chameleon. If you don't quite know who you are, there is a tendency to try to become the kind of person other people seem to want you to be. You learn to be nice to people if you think that's what they want. You might side with a political view you don't actually support, because that is what someone else seems to expect of you. Sure, you can be a raging Scorpio or an eccentric Aquarian on the inside, but why expose that to people who will only misunderstand you?

Well, this gets tremendously wearing and tiring on the natives; notably if who they are for themselves is very different than their first house placements. Consequently, privacy is a good option. Just opt out, so you can recharge your batteries. So is just not sharing very much about one's inner life.

I would suggest looking at the person's moon, as well. If the moon looks pretty strong and robust, you probably won't see such a strong shift. If the moon is afflicted or is in one of the signs that needs approval, the Neptunian will do a lot to avoid having his feelings hurt.

A classic Neptune in the first house person was Marilyn Monroe. It is a good placement for actors because the natives know how to slide in and out of role-playing. They feel just fine pretending to be someone else. Monroe also had the ability to go incognito on the street because she could "play" being someone other than her "blonde bombshell" screen personality.

The downside is that Neptunians can appear as deceitful to others. It can be difficult for others to know where the Neptunian stands. The reason is because once the Neptunian does develop a personality, Neptune starts to dissolve it.

Of course you have to look at the whole chart! Zonark doesn't strike me as fitting my picture, but then we've never met.

MaeMae

Banned
it's funny to me to see who all has Neptune in 1st house.
Do any of you find you have a hard time being direct and honest with yourself about who you really are?

Last edited:

junejune

Do any of you find you have a hard time being direct and honest with yourself about who you really are?

Yess... I think so? Especially when I like someone or I'm starting to fall for that person, or I'm jealous!! I just can't help but to deny it.. I don't know. Maybe it's just pride that holds me back..

Also.. I want to share a story. Haha. This might apply the "elusiveness" of those who have Neptune in 1st house. There was this instance before where me and my friends passed by a shop where they create a caricature of yourself.. and then you'll choose a character that fits you best (whether a musician, chef, athlete, etc.) And then, honestly.. I find it hard to choose for myself. If only I could tell the cashier there "as long as it has clothes, it's fine. I just want to see my head there." lol. Haha. I can't even figure out to myself what's my forte. Sometimes, I just want to be called "Jack of all trades, master of none" than not having any forte at all, or something be known at.

I also want to share this. I already blogged this before - even before I got hooked in astrology. I have this theory before that we can only know ourselves through others.. That we can't really know ourselves alone. That those things we describe for ourselves are just the characteristics we want to impose for ourselves - and not necessarily, part of ourselves. I mean, we can only know who we really are when we are faced with certain situations/dilemmas. Our reactions will indicate who we are - whether we're passive, assertive, quick, coward, etc in facing that situation. I don't know but I already have this mindset before that the attitude/characteristics we have were already planted on us even before we we're born. It's as if, we were born to discover who we really are.. and that is of course through our interaction with others.

I hope I did not mess your mind! But after I read about astrology and figured out the importance of Neptune in my 1st house, I realized how Neptunian my view is about knowing oneself. Haha.

You might be interested on my natal chart. So here it goes :D

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

waybread

I don't think it's precisely an issue of being direct and honest as it is that "who you really are" for 1st house Neptunians is constantly up for grabs. Just when we think we've gotten to "know thyself," that self becomes a shape-shifter. However, I can see why other people would think this about Neptune rising or in the 1st.

Rebel Uranian

I don't think it's precisely an issue of being direct and honest as it is that "who you really are" for 1st house Neptunians is constantly up for grabs. Just when we think we've gotten to "know thyself," that self becomes a shape-shifter. However, I can see why other people would think this about Neptune rising or in the 1st.

How do you know this about Neptune? Reading about it? Everyone changes within time, but once time is acknowledged, as it is a dimension also, we never change. Think about drawing time on a graph, or a world-line of relativity.

Maybe I'm just delusional, but I don't agree with a lot of this about Neptune. I think most of this is just something that applies to human beings. All we have is subjective experience.

That being said, I have Neptune in the 1st and I know myself better than most people. I used to think that I could become whatever I wanted to but now I'm just going to admire myself for the work of art I am. I wasn't wrong.

Last edited:

Vista

I skimmed through many of the comments. Very interesting. My personal take on Neptune conjunct the ASC is this: They don't see themselves for who they really are. In other words, they think they are much different than what other people's opinions of them are. I guess you could say they are looking at themselve with rose colored glasses, at least they peole I know whith this aspect.

Rebel Uranian

I skimmed through many of the comments. Very interesting. My personal take on Neptune conjunct the ASC is this: They don't see themselves for who they really are. In other words, they think they are much different than what other people's opinions of them are. I guess you could say they are looking at themselve with rose colored glasses, at least they peole I know whith this aspect.

Nobody sees themselves for who they really are. Look a little harder.

Also, who are "other people?" Other people can all have different opinions of the same person.

lazarusx

The trouble with Neptune conjunct the Asc or in the 1st house is that what Neptune tends to erase is one's outer personality and consequently, one's sense of self, because the first house suggests how other people will respond to us. Consequently first house Neptune people can be on a long-term identity quest, which is ultimately futile, because Neptune will keep erasing whatever firm sense of identity the person thinks she's captured.

Although i don't have Neptune in the 1st house, it's in the 8th opposing my Sun in the 2nd, this paragraph really resonated with me. I can see the spiritual potential of Neptune in the sense that your forced to realize you are not what you think or feel you are.