How's Your Pluto?

Astronoodles

Hey there!

I'm a Pluto in Sagittarius native (through the 6th house). There are some aspects to my MC, Jupiter, and Mercury. I definitely don't look at my Pluto very much unless I consider how my parents clash with me lol

sibylline

How are your experiences with your natal pluto, how have you changed, and what are the aspects to your pluto?

Pluto doesn't like to reveal itself in such a manner. :)

I have an 8th house Sun and Venus, plus Mercury exact square Pluto so delving into the darkness is not something that disturbs me, but I've found that many strong Pluto types are not very forthcoming about this side of them.

In addition to Mercury-Pluto (in the 4th) I have Mars opposite Pluto. So as you'd expect, the over-application of force, and verbally and physically dominating when opposed was something that I dealt with a lot when I was younger. I just had to admit the scorched earth policy of my Pluto was undermining everything I cared about so I made a conscious effort to dial down the force 80 percent. Channeling more of the energy into positive efforts like research and physical fitness helped out.

It's interesting to me when someone has hard aspects from Pluto to personal planets and they are not aware of their extreme behavior in that area so haven't taken steps to transform it into something more positive. I always want to help them because they're often alienating other people by being too intense, mistrustful, and/or intractable, then wondering what happened.

katydid

I have an 8th house Sun and Venus, plus Mercury exact square Pluto so delving into the darkness is not something that disturbs me, but I've found that many strong Pluto types are not very forthcoming about this side of them.

In addition to Mercury-Pluto (in the 4th) I have Mars opposite Pluto. So as you'd expect, the over-application of force, and verbally and physically dominating when opposed was something that I dealt with a lot when I was younger. I just had to admit the scorched earth policy of my Pluto was undermining everything I cared about so I made a conscious effort to dial down the force 80 percent. Channeling more of the energy into positive efforts like research and physical fitness helped out.

It's interesting to me when someone has hard aspects from Pluto to personal planets and they are not aware of their extreme behavior in that area so haven't taken steps to transform it into something more positive. I always want to help them because they're often alienating other people by being too intense, mistrustful, and/or intractable, then wondering what happened.

Yes, we have similar Plutos. :ninja:

I am a Scorpio Sun and Mercury, with Moon conjunct Mars in the 8th in Cap.

My Merc in Scorpio, conjunct the Desc is tightly square Pluto in the 4th, conjunct the South node. The Mercury is in exact opposition to Jupiter in the 12th, conjunct the Taurus Asc.

My Pluto wreaked havoc on my childhood. I had and still have loving parents, and great siblings. But my uncle sexually abused me for a few years and I never told until I was an adult. He lived with us and was our babysitter so it was difficult.

When I was a teen, I was hyper sexualized and began to party a lot. It was the late 6o's in the SF Bay Area. Luckily it was the Peace/Love generation so I fit right in. :love:

Pluto's regenerative strengths allowed me to become a Phoenix arising from the ashes. When I went to college I turned over a new leaf. My solar arc Sun was exactly square the nodes, which were forming the fixed Grand Square with Pluto.

I rose above the depths of the situation and used my knowledge of Astrology to forge a new path. Seeing the T-square to the Pluto in my 4th, conjunct the So Node, showed me that it was not ME that created the childhood trauma. My uncle had always tried to shame me and say it was my fault. For an 8th house Moon that is a very sensitive accusation. I felt dirty and ashamed as I was growing up because of the secrets.

But Pluto helped me understand that it was a situation beyond my control. I found out that my uncle had been molested by a Priest and that was why he had been acting out. He was also a victim and I forgave him in my heart and tried to find some closure and some healing. Pluto was my resurrection symbol. :devil:

Stellium6th

What do you think of your pluto in 4th house? I have it and so I'm interested in your experiences.

Stellium6th

''He was also a victim and I forgave him in my heart and tried to find some closure and some healing. Pluto was my resurrection symbol.''

Have you ever talked to him against since you forgave him? Difficult to figure that out to me.

katydid

''He was also a victim and I forgave him in my heart and tried to find some closure and some healing. Pluto was my resurrection symbol.''

Have you ever talked to him against since you forgave him? Difficult to figure that out to me.

I was kind of forced to talk to him since we were family. However a miracle occurred that saved me from the situation. My mom remarried and we moved out of my grandparents home. So my uncle was no longer our after school babysitter.

But I tried to totally avoid him through my teen years. And then he moved out of state and so I avoided him for years. And then he was run over, while being a good samaritan, and helping an elderly couple change a flat, alongside the highway.

Going to his funeral was kind of surreal. I had never told anyone what happened to me as a child. And here was everyone crying over the loss of him and talking about the goodness of his final actions. So it was decades later before I ever told my Mom what had happened.

Last edited:

Stellium6th

I have seen this kind of attitude with pedophiles redeeming through what they think it's good actions and sacrificing themselves. It's kind of polarized to feel about it and it's on the edge of morals. Personally, I think he is best wrapped in a pine box. Glad you got over it. Some people don't

sibylline

What do you think of your pluto in 4th house? I have it and so I'm interested in your experiences.

Oh right, forgot to discuss its house position. An afflicted Pluto in the 4th house can mean an intense atmosphere of subtle (sometimes not so subtle) control or violence in the home or childhood. Physical or psychological abuse is par for the course.

My parents were overprotective, there were secrets, manipulation, and covert and overt domination in the home. My father has Pluto exact conjunct the MC and Cancer Sun/Cancer Moon/Cancer Mercury, all in the 8th house, and my mother has Moon conjunct Pluto in the 4th house so its not hard to see how I inherited Pluto, in every sense of the word. I see a lot of 4th house Plutos with Plutonian parents and family members. This is another reason why I think Pluto issues should be dealt with, and in a hurry. It can be passed down, in a vicious cycle.

Yes, we have similar Plutos. :ninja:

I am a Scorpio Sun and Mercury, with Moon conjunct Mars in the 8th in Cap.

My Merc in Scorpio, conjunct the Desc is tightly square Pluto in the 4th, conjunct the South node. The Mercury is in exact opposition to Jupiter in the 12th, conjunct the Taurus Asc.

Did you find that leaving your childhood home helped?

And how do you think it affected you and your family when you made your own home?

Dubyadude1986

Mine's pretty legit. How's yours?

Lmao. Perfect quote with that AV CT.

Absolutely true. It doesn't help that people are kind of plutod out. There is a lot here on Pluto and it's relatively scattered throughout and recent, as far as a constructive response for the OP.

Mine is pretty legit also, but I have already discussed it enough... It's there in the threads with everyone elses though. Hope this helps =x

Last edited:

katydid

Oh right, forgot to discuss its house position. An afflicted Pluto in the 4th house can mean an intense atmosphere of subtle (sometimes not so subtle) control or violence in the home or childhood. Physical or psychological abuse is par for the course.

My parents were overprotective, there were secrets, manipulation, and covert and overt domination in the home. My father has Pluto exact conjunct the MC and Cancer Sun/Cancer Moon/Cancer Mercury, all in the 8th house, and my mother has Moon conjunct Pluto in the 4th house so its not hard to see how I inherited Pluto, in every sense of the word. I see a lot of 4th house Plutos with Plutonian parents and family members. This is another reason why I think Pluto issues should be dealt with, and in a hurry. It can be passed down, in a vicious cycle.

Did you find that leaving your childhood home helped?

And how do you think it affected you and your family when you made your own home?

Leaving my childhood hometown helped me tremendously. After college, I was supposed to be going to law school. My father had his own small law firm doing criminal defense. But I had switched my major to psychology because I did not want to be a lawyer at all anymore. My Libran Dad had his Saturn exactly conjunct my Sun. I guess I was his Saturn Return. lol

So I ended up running off to Mendocino County with my Hippie boyfriend and working in a Health Food Store and doing chart readings. lol My Dad did not forgive me for several years but he eventually got over it. :sideways:

We ended up moving to Southern Cali because he was in a band. And I stayed down there because I met my soulmate, who I am still married to, a few years later. I was the only person in my large extended family that MOVED FAR AWAY FROM THE REST OF THE FAMILY. I loved them all very much but I needed to get away.

Stellium6th

''

My parents were overprotective, there were secrets, manipulation, and covert and overt domination in the home. My father has Pluto exact conjunct the MC and Cancer Sun/Cancer Moon/Cancer Mercury, all in the 8th house, and my mother has Moon conjunct Pluto in the 4th house so its not hard to see how I inherited Pluto, in every sense of the word. I see a lot of 4th house Plutos with Plutonian parents and family members. This is another reason why I think Pluto issues should be dealt with, and in a hurry. It can be passed down, in a vicious cycle.''

Luckily mine isn't afflicted, lol. That **** looks disgusting

Stellium6th

Leaving my childhood hometown helped me tremendously. After college, I was supposed to be going to law school. My father had his own small law firm doing criminal defense. But I had switched my major to psychology because I did not want to be a lawyer at all anymore. My Libran Dad had his Saturn exactly conjunct my Sun. I guess I was his Saturn Return. lol

So I ended up running off to Mendocino County with my Hippie boyfriend and working in a Health Food Store and doing chart readings. lol My Dad did not forgive me for several years but he eventually got over it. :sideways:

We ended up moving to Southern Cali because he was in a band. And I stayed down there because I met my soulmate, who I am still married to, a few years later. I was the only person in my large extended family that MOVED FAR AWAY FROM THE REST OF THE FAMILY. I loved them all very much but I needed to get away.

How is your moon if I may ask? Curious.

Kali

Pluto? Oh, my. Mine is retrograde and went direct by progression a few years ago. I feel like that's when I started really getting a handle on Pluto. It's in my 3rd house and here's its aspects:

trine sun
square moon
tridecile Mercury
quindecile Venus
square Mars
conjunct Jupiter
biquintile Saturn
conjunct Uranus
sextile Neptune
semisquare ASC
inconjunct MC

Before you ask, yes, I have the devouring mother. She's a sociopath, schizophrenic and bipolar. She was the type to take a whole bottle of xanax and then tell me in the ambulance on the way to get her stomach pumped that it was all my fault, because apparently, I held the bottle to her mouth. She put me through so many mind games as a young adult, when I had the opportunity to live abroad, I didn't even contemplate missing my family. After 20 years of being away, I've come back to my hometown in the last year and I do a whole lot of boundary setting with all of my interactions with her.

No, I've never been a violent person, as the square to Mars might suggest. Mars is also retrograde and OOB, so between the 2 retrograde planets, I find myself really having to think about and analyze my anger before I can even express it. When I'm really upset over something, I have to contemplate the issue, completely take it apart and then in 2 or 3 days, I can talk about it with the offender. Without the processing time though, I can't verbalize anything sensibly and pushing me to "talk it out now" is a mistake. Let's just say that the advice "never go to bed angry" does not apply to me. Let me go to bed angry. Let me have some quiet time to reflect. And if you do, I'll come to you with an apology when I'm out of line (which is frequent) or an explanation of why what you did was such an issue.

With Pluto in my 3rd house, sun trine, Mercury tridecile, I feel like I'm a human lie detector/emotional x-ray machine. Give me 5 minutes with someone and I can tell you what their issues are. If that person is ready to deal with them, I'll nudge them with a couple of pointed questions toward their breakthrough. If they aren't, and most people aren't, I keep things to myself. I tend to be very careful about that. Some people will try to put me in the role of processing their emotions for them. That's not my job. I can help someone with their emotions, but I'm not a dumping ground for things people don't want to do the work to deal with.

katydid

How is your moon if I may ask? Curious.

Moon in the 8th, in Cap, conjunct Mars.

My Moon @ 3 Cap, only makes 3 aspects.
Sextiles my Sun @ 1 Scorpio, and my Venus is at the Sun/Moon midpoint, @ 2 Sag in the 7th.
And conjuncts Mars @ 7 Cap.

Even though I moved to Southern Cali, I visited my Mom in Northern Cali quite regularly. I took my kids up there once or twice a month when they were growing up. We had great road trips going up the coast the 7 hour gorgeous drive up the Coast Highway.

And we went to the big family functions and Holidays. But it was nice having some breathing room. My Pluto in Leo, conjunct the South node in the 4th, is part of a fixed grand square. I did not want my kids to be enmeshed and entrapped into that by living too close and getting pulled into the morass. :bandit:

ashriia

Pluto? Oh, my. Mine is retrograde and went direct by progression a few years ago. I feel like that's when I started really getting a handle on Pluto. It's in my 3rd house and here's its aspects:

just curious what sign is your Pluto in?