Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Cypocryphy

Also, I would like to let the record show that I still believe you are a scorp rising oppose to Libra. Also, I am right. I am always right. Jk but not really.
Ha ha ha

I don't think this would be reliable...
Anyway, I would also say you look quite mercurian to me, maybe it is because of your sun in gemini; if I have to vote for libra or sco rising, I give my vote to Libra but... what about virgo?

Your face doesn't have this rawness that I attribute to Scorps, unless there's things in the chart to offset it. That being said you still use a Scorpio Asc time for your natal.

What do you mean by "rawness"? All I can think of is someone who shaved with a **** razor . . . .

Ill tell you why I think it is Libra:

LIBRA THROUGH PISCES

Libra rising produces a rounded, ovate head that is normally smallish unless altered by planets or other factors. Even the chin tends to be rounded and with a dimple or cleft.

Rounded -- check

Dimple -- check

The energy is initiating and persuasive, people smart and people-pleasing, aesthetic and tactile, more cerebral than its fiery counterpart, Aries. The voice can be especially soft or smooth (unless fire factors significantly energize things).

Persuasive -- check

People smart -- check

People pleasing -- ****, check

Cerebral -- check

Quiet voice -- check

The eyes and mouth are generally well-shaped and attractive, even if they are not models or beauty queens.

Don't know. My eyes and stuff look human.

The eyes are generally light, and in Caucasians can be of mixed color (blue-green).

Blue eyes, speckled white -- check

The skin is normally smooth, soft, and complexion good.

Complexion -- maybe. I'm really white.

One characteristic that can often determine a genuine Libra rising is a swayback. It is as if they are holding back their vulnerabilities and it becomes a permanent posture.

Don't know what this is other than someone walking into a hurricane.

Another contrasting feature with Scorpio is that the shoulders tend to be more rounded or the body lighter boned.

Small boned -- check

They have good taste and want to enjoy the good life.

For sure -- check

These people are lovers and people-oriented, initiating friendships easily.

For sure -- check

Their charm and easy-going approach to people makes an impression. However, many are either indecisive or changeable, or love to argue for kicks.

check, check, check

So you get the idea. That's 80 percent more "checks" than Scorpio. The difference in having either a Libra or Scorpio rising is 30 to 40 minutes. Wouldn't you think your birth time might be wrong or is this just a coincidence?

And I wouldn't mind a Virgo rising, but that would mean there's a serious error in my birth certificate!

Yann

I think it could be reliable, if we knew what we were looking for.

I've been collecting images and data and organizing them according to their sidereal rising signs for a while now.

I believe that the rising sign does impart a kind of physical character. I also believe that the particular placement of the ascendant ruler also gives rise to a particular look.

My notion is that you have a kind of major type (sign rising), and then a sub type (rising sign ruler condition), and both modified by aspects, probably... something I need a lot more data to check out properly.

I'm sure someone could do this stuff with a lot more efficiency.

Here's a section from sidereal Pisces rising;

I noticed you used the sidereal chart, do you think it matches more?

Southpaw

Banned
Ha ha ha

What do you mean by "rawness"? All I can think of is someone who shaved with a **** razor . . . .

Ill tell you why I think it is Libra:

Rounded -- check

Dimple -- check

Persuasive -- check

People smart -- check

People pleasing -- ****, check

Cerebral -- check

Quiet voice -- check

Don't know. My eyes and stuff look human.

Blue eyes, speckled white -- check

Complexion -- maybe. I'm really white.

Don't know what this is other than someone walking into a hurricane.

Small boned -- check

For sure -- check

For sure -- check

check, check, check

So you get the idea. That's 80 percent more "checks" than Scorpio. The difference in having either a Libra or Scorpio rising is 30 to 40 minutes. Wouldn't you think your birth time might be wrong or is this just a coincidence?

And I wouldn't mind a Virgo rising, but that would mean there's a serious error in my birth certificate!
Scorpios can look like serious people.

Do you smile often? I found that Martians don't smile often. Think John D Rockefeller, Aries Asc

Cypocryphy

I noticed you used the sidereal chart, do you think it matches more?

Incidentally, if we use sidereal, my ascendant would be Libra. Do you find that your ascendant more accurately describes you if you look at the preceding sign, if you your ascendant changes signs by using sidereal?

sequestra

Why don't Germans smile?:unsure:

Looool. Certainly doesn't fit the german stereotype now, does it? And my mother's side of the family seem to be cut to the mold, appearance-wise anyhow. There are tons of geminis however, so they are very cheeky and humorous, just naturally sporting the heavy-set jaws and serious/intense expressions.

My rising is sag and my genetics are Deutsche/celtic. I imagine that I would have looked even more sadistic had I been born with scorp rising... Which my mother has, and does :tongue:

sequestra

Anyway, judging by how you respond and whatnot, I think you sound much more like a Sagittarius personality. I think you are outspoken, friendly and openminded (judging from your posts). You probably have a Venus influence somewhere, too, because you are pretty. The kiss of Venus! Although, I think you were tad unlucky to have grown a beard. I'd check to see if you can take some hormones for that. Hmmmmm. Might be a genetic thing . . . .

Were you a tomboy as a kid?

Looool!! I missed all of these posts, my sub thing wasn't working. I was a mix of tomboy and girl as a kid, relatively sexless really. I played with matchbox cars and lego, but also 'my little ponies', troll dolls and a huge plush seal collection. I think I was androgynously inclined, which fits pisces, especially so since i have venus-mars conjunct in that sign.

Venus actually doesn't do all that much in my chart (it's in my profile as I see yours is too, charts that is); though I think the ruler of the 5th is technically the 1st. And I searched my computer for the friendliest picture of myself taken just under two months ago before the cam on this one went bust. Maybe I look more sag here. Shaved my beard off for this one.

Attachments

• Photo 31.jpg
    Photo 31.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 56

Southpaw

Banned
Looool!! I missed all of these posts, my sub thing wasn't working. I was a mix of tomboy and girl as a kid, relatively sexless really. I played with matchbox cars and lego, but also 'my little ponies', troll dolls and a huge plush seal collection. I think I was androgynously inclined, which fits pisces, especially so since i have venus-mars conjunct in that sign.

Venus actually doesn't do all that much in my chart (it's in my profile as I see yours is too, charts that is); though I think the ruler of the 5th is technically the 1st. And I searched my computer for the friendliest picture of myself taken just under two months ago before the cam on this one went bust. Maybe I look more sag here. Shaved my beard off for this one.
That's not a very warm photo even though you think otherwise. You can't even stare at the camera!:pinched:

I imagine your Gemini Moon would also help fuel your androgyny. Mercurials have this genderless way to them. I think it has to do with their youthfulness. People don't develop their secondary sex characteristics, what easily distinguishes males from females, until they grow up some.

I found the Fire element to be tomboyish. It goes Aries, Sagi, Leo in that order from most to least. Leos are mostly masculine in behavior, don't anyone ask me what kind of behavior from women is masculine before I lose it, but quite normal appearance wise.

Back to you, I clearly see the influence of the Moon on your face. There's this crablike way to you face. Your avatar is quite clammy. I briefly thought Kristen Stewart, who is a Cancer Asc, when I saw that photo you just posted.

sequestra

That's not a very warm photo even though you think otherwise. You can't even stare at the camera!:pinched:

I know!! That's what I mean - I don't have a smiley face. I'm just not a good smiler, it feels contrived when I attempt to do so for a photo. And I can look directly at the camera provided I don't have to smile, but even then I'm not keen about it.

I clearly see the influence of the Moon on your face. There's this crablike way to you face. Your avatar is quite clammy. I briefly thought Kristen Stewart, who is a Cancer Asc, when I saw that photo you just posted.

Yeah I agree that gemini is another gender neutral sign and my moon in gemini opposes my ascendant so perhaps that accounts for the gemininess/cancerish-moon-ness. My sun's in 4th house though I know that probably doesn't have an impact.

Southpaw

Banned
I know!! That's what I mean - I don't have a smiley face. I'm just not a good smiler, it feels contrived when I attempt to do so for a photo. And I can look directly at the camera provided I don't have to smile, but even then I'm not keen about it.

Yeah I agree that gemini is another gender neutral sign and my moon in gemini opposes my ascendant so perhaps that accounts for the gemininess/cancerish-moon-ness. My sun's in 4th house though I know that probably doesn't have an impact.
You seem like a nice enough person. Hopefully, you have a sense of humor. Maybe you're a little too shy, typical Fish char, since you can't even look at the cam.

You and your face make a good example of how a planet in opposition with the Ascendant can influence the physical appearance. It's not an appearance changer that I have been able to research much.

sequestra

You seem like a nice enough person. Hopefully, you have a sense of humor. Maybe you're a little too shy, typical Fish char, since you can't even look at the cam.

Yes exactly - I can be very shy. I have had a lot of people misinterpret me upon meeting me, thinking that I was stuck-up/cold due to my initial demeanor, which I will concede doesn't sound *at all* sag rising. But these people have always told me that as soon as they got to know me they perceived me as the total opposite of the icy initial impression. Contrast this to online, where I think most people find me friendly from the outset.

However, I can be very different to the above in person too... Fast moving/talking, false-confidence. My water drowns out my fire a lot of the time, though...

You and your face make a good example of how a planet in opposition with the Ascendant can influence the physical appearance. It's not an appearance changer that I have been able to research much.

Mutable ascendants are notoriously changeable, especially when conjoined with other planets in mutable signs, and I have a lot of that. You are fixed rising and sun, right? You have the ascendant/moon opposition like me I think, but while my triad's in mutable yours is in fixed. Do you look like a leo riser?

sequestra

Here's a friend from high school to keep the party alive. Please don't blow it if you already know the answer/s, I'm talking to you countless people who are already in on it.

He looks depressed. I want to say cap rising but his facial structure isn't acutely defined. So I'm thinking water? Scorpio?

I just can't see air/fire in that face, but I'm probably wrong!

Cypocryphy

Oooooh. Smoothly shaven. Nice. :tongue: Wow. You have a very sensual look to you. You got lucky!! You are very pretty. You have that perfect combo of blue eyes with dark hair. It's very striking. Must be the German/Celtic combo.

You don't look androgynous, but I can see how you can have a very nice blend of energies with your Venus and Mars. And I can't imagine that the other photos were not friendly, unless you are gnashing your teeth at the camera with furrowed brows. :wink:

I think it's a good look to look away from the camera. Makes a photo interesting.

Here's some photo's you might find interest. They have the same rising and moon as you. http://www.habarbadi.com/cgi-bin/3showphotos_SMARows.cgi?sun=05&moon=03&asc=09

They don't look like you, however. :shrug:

Now I would say you look like a Scorpiana. :biggrin:

Cypocryphy

Hey Sequestra. I thought I would sketch you. I just started drawing several weeks ago, when I went on vacation. So it's not perfect, but I really like doing it. It's off a bit, but I think you can tell it's you. I brought out the Scorpio in you. ha ha.

Attachments

• Nina.JPG
    Nina.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 47

Southpaw

Banned
Hey Sequestra. I thought I would sketch you. I just started drawing several weeks ago, when I went on vacation. So it's not perfect, but I really like doing it. It's off a bit, but I think you can tell it's you. I brought out the Scorpio in you. ha ha.
Strangely enough your drawing of her looks like your face in your avatar. I suppose the artist is reflected in his work.

Cypocryphy

Strangely enough your drawing of her looks like your face in your avatar. I suppose the artist is reflected in his work.

Really? That's weird. I don't think it looks that much like me. Maybe it's because my avatar is right above, and we both have two eyes and a nose? :smile: Her eyebrows, mouth, nose, facial shape is totally different from my avatar. Interesting . . . maybe a slight resemblance . . . I don't know; I don't really see it.

P.S. Try clicking it to make it bigger, so you can see it.

Last edited: