Differences in Musclar Appearance and Types of the Physically Strong Zodiac Signs?

Traditionally Aries, Leo, Taurus, and Scorpio are seen as the physically muscular Ascendant to have and are the top dogs as far as physical prowress is concerned.

However what constitute "muscular" has various meanings and there are different sub branches of muscular.

I am also aware life style affects how muscular one is. An Aries Riser who is a Boxer would have much stronger upper body build than a Leo Riser who's a track runner and appear more muscular.

But I'm assuming based on traditional descriptions .

Here is my take.

Aries Rising-tends to be towards the Athletic type of muscular. Not visibly seen with big viewable muscles but you can see toned legs and arms. Most capable of various Athletic abiliies from pole jump to hurdle jump, to swimming.

But not as much physical brute strength as oher type of muscular. However makes it up with lots of stamina for strenerous activities like running a marathon,steeplechase,etc. Can adapt easilyt to a variety of sports.

Aries Ascendant is the ATHLETE! Such a flexible well-rounded body that can do everything required from jumping over hurdles to running a marathon to throwing javelins.

Taurus Rising-tends to be large and bulky muscular. WTF strong but stereotypically Arnold Schwarzenneger body.The stereotype is slow as a result of being so muscular. But has the most stamina for a pure contest of brute strength and lasts the most blows physically.

Taurus Ascendant is the BODYBUILDER. INCREDIBLE strength and monstrous stamina that would truly scare aggressive men did with a VERY TALL statue and extremely bulky muscular body to make it scary even more. Like a weightlifter, however he is extremely slow.

Leo Rising-Boxer's build. Strong upperbody thats really muscular and like Boxers also fit for athletics. But more emphasize on upper body and stereotypically Leo Rising is not the type for pole vaulting, steeplechase, climbing,etc that Aries Rising is.

Leo Ascendant is the BOXER. Incredible upperbody strength but also immense stamina for other athletic endeavors that come out of the typical Boxer's training regime. Incredible speed and stamina with upperbody activities. However while above average for everything else in proportion to the average person, he is much weaker in everything else compared to the physical powerhouses of the zodiac.

Scorpio Rising-Jack of all trades.Has lots of stamina and quite athletic like Aries Rising. Howeve also obviously muscular just like Leo Rising is and stereotypically they can have an upperbody as muscular as a boxer's build (except more even proportion to the legs and lower body strength as opposed to Leo Rising being upper body concentrated). However lots of strong staying power and brute strength and lots terms of enduring physical blows and weariness from continuos vigorous exercise like Taurus Rising.

Basically has the easiest potential of reaching various different type of athleticism and assuming all things equal in training and nutrition, would score high in general athletic stats (but not being the best unless the individual specifically decides to specialize in a certain area of strength).

So by stereotype visibly muscular but also strong in different athletics from rope climbing to gymnastics with lots of staying power. But not the strongest in any of these traditionally.

Scorpio Ascendant is the SOLDIER (or at least Infantryman) by physical build. Combat Soldiers are very athletic with lots of stamina to run for long miles. However they also have such visible muscles that are so powerful that they would intimidate even athletes. Combat Soldiers often have immense strength to carry over 50 pounds of baggage while marching for miles nonstop. And they do tons of strength workouts in addition to aerobic and athletic exercises. This all make sense that Scorpio is traditionally the sign of war along with Aries but Scorpio is faarrr more fitting as the ideal Soldier with his
calm reserve, still discipline, and hidden but very aggressive and violent nature.

AN ADDED BONUS:

Sagittarius-LEAN BODY at least. A lot of stamina for running and incredibly strong hard legs.

Sagittarius is the RUNNER. Beats even the ATHLETE Aries when it comes to contests based on the foot in running and walking.

What do you think? I based the above descriptions on various stuff I seen on the internet.

Of course as I mentioned different lifestyle an individual live can modify heavily-an Aries Riser who isn't into sports will probably be at best have more stamina than the average Joe. A Scorpio Riser who does weight lifting can become as bulky as the stereotypical Taurus Riser and so forth.

Whats your opinion on the types of muscular for the traditional physical powerhouses of the Signs?

JUPITERASC

House and Sign location of the Ascendant ruler
as well as aspects made by the Ascendant ruler to the Ascendant and to other planets, modify the appearance

That's the reason people with the same Ascendant have such varying and different appearances from each other :smile:

House and Sign location of the Ascendant ruler
as well as aspects made by the Ascendant ruler to the Ascendant and to other planets, modify the appearance

That's the reason people with the same Ascendant have such varying and different appearances from each other :smile:

I already knew that obviously not everyone would share a similar physical build and features but you added so much to what I already knew! Thank you!

I am curious as far as "traditional" (or if thats not the proper word, stereotypical) descriptions go, am I correct about the physical builds of the above signs for Ascendant (or per say Sun Sign Astrology)?

I know life style affects (LOL obviously a Double Aries who just sits at home all day long and chews on chips will be fat and not athletic at all) but please correct anything I got wrong! Even though its horribly inaccurate and not real astrology, I love discussin Sun Sign Astrology as its really fun and quite a relief fromt he complexities of real astrology!

JUPITERASC

I already knew that obviously not everyone would share a similar physical build and features but you added so much to what I already knew! Thank you!

That's OK
Pisces Adonis - I learn something new every day as well - astrology is a never ending source of fresh insight :smile:

[moved content to Natal Astrology forum so comment about being in wrong forum no longer needed - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

Hi I am an Aries rising/mars in 1st female and have indeed been drawn to athleticism... when I was a kid/teen I used to ride my bike and roller blades around the neighborhood, almost every day.

In high school I was in the JROTC program ( junior reserve officer training corps AKA military training which consisted of discipline, exercise, boot camps, going to multi-state competitions). I thrived in that environment! I must give off some kind of aura because the basketball and volleyball coaches wanted me to join em.

After HS I trained with and almost joined the Marines. Then i got into light weight training and started going to the gym. I find it easy to bulk up. My leg muscles in particular were powerful-looking as a teen. Maybe that's because my rising degree is in the 3rd decan, Sagittarius. Legs of a horse? and the Jupiter association would explain my height (tall) and the tendency to "expand" if I eat too much. I've gotten chubby a few times.

I hope this example is helpful.
Thanks Ankhesenamun - however not every Aries Rising, Mars in First is necessarily attracted to athletics.

Most kids enjoy roller blading and biking daily round their neighborhood - that's not unusual for kids/teens

- also not all kids/teens who enjoy biking/roller blading daily round their neighbourhood are always Aries Rising with Mars in First.

Mars aspects to other planets are an influence - none of those have been given.

Ascendant degree and decan require study and in the case of Aries Ascendant, the house and sign location of natal Sun is an influence because although Mars is domicile ruler of Aries, Sun is the Exalted ruler of Aries :smile:

M

may28gemini

I think Sagittarius rising can be placed in with the generally "muscular" or toned rising signs section. But we have to individually look at the person's chart to determine what comes into play that can have influence on their looks. I don't think the Mars sign really matter that much.

The Rock and former Mr. Universe Mickey Hargitay both Libra rising. Arnold Schwarzengger in his heyday held the title of Mr. Universe and is Cancer rising. The Rock and Arnie both have Gemini Mars which is an untraditional kind of Mars which you wouldn't think would be buff. Libra and Cancer risings are traditionally not touted as "strong" and "muscular" either.

Personally, I vote for a debilitated Moon being a common denominator. To get to be muscular/buff/athletic, a person will feel tremendous pain and have to work excessively hard to build up their bodies. There's a lot of dedication that requires complete obsession and regimented lifestyle to achieve. Debilitated Moons by-pass the emotional pain/ can shut off feeling physical pain and can diligently work towards their desired goals. Cap Moon is quite good at killing emotions and passing through hardships without a wink. Scorpio Moon can get obsessed and cling onto their desires until it's achieved.

Both The Rock and Arnie have Capricorn Moon. So does Jillian Michaels (trainer on the Biggest Loser) and Gabrielle Reece. Mickey Hargitay had Scorpio Moon and so does the Undertaker (has Pisces Mars- also untraditional).

Last edited:

seeyou123

actually thats wrong i think you got that info from astro theme which says Undertaker was born on march 24 1963 but he was actually born on march 24 1965 making him a mars virgo not mars pisces

vitas

I'm a taurus rising but I am extremely athletic, been training since I was a child, I'm also very lean & have low bodyfat. I am also physically strong, & can move extremely fast LOL... Seriously though.......

M

may28gemini

actually thats wrong i think you got that info from astro theme which says Undertaker was born on march 24 1963 but he was actually born on march 24 1965 making him a mars virgo not mars pisces

Yes, I got it from astrotheme and I know they do get stuff wrong from time to time, but there's no way to tell which charts are wrong until they're individually examined.

But if the Undertaker does have Virgo Mars, it does not invalidate my point.

seeyou123

you know sometimes i see post and i just try to correct them but yeah you are right that doesnt make much of a difference it not only depends on your mars sign it depends on the aspects connected to and the house as well as what modality the majority of your sign is..... for example you may have mars in a mutable sign but if the majority of your chart consists of fixed sign that person will be stubborn/determined and willfull....i have a gemini sun and a moon aquarius but i have about 5 fixed positions in my chart making me at times very stubborn to my own detriment...and yeah our rising is our physical appearence may i ask whats your mars sign....you say you very athletic im thinking you either have mars in a fire sign or in your moon sign...im an aquarius rising as well as moon aquarius and i have my Mars Taurus

M

may28gemini

I knew you'd be another Gemini Sun!!!

No, my Mars is not in fire but I seem fiery, don't I? My best friend is a Gemini Sun with Aries Mars-Venus that's part of her Grand Fire Kite and she sets everything ablaze but she'll concede to me because I'm very competitive!! She's a very dedicated runner, mother, and high school teacher. You would think Aries Mars has a bottomless reservoir of energy, but I actually outlast her by a longshot.

I'm Gemini Sun and Libra Rising. Libra Saturn and Jupiter conjunction on the AC that trines my 8th house Algol (Taurus) Mars. My Mars also oppose Scorpio Uranus (unlimited rebellious energy), and sextile exactly to my Pisces Moon (emotions match actions).

I'm about half mutable half cardinal.

Other than my Mars being in Taurus as detriment, my Mars is actually very disciplined and gets a lot of help from other planets.

picture.php

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

you know sometimes i see post and i just try to correct them but yeah you are right that doesnt make much of a difference it not only depends on your mars sign it depends on the aspects connected to and the house as well as what modality the majority of your sign is..... for example you may have mars in a mutable sign but if the majority of your chart consists of fixed sign that person will be stubborn/determined and willfull....i have a gemini sun and a moon aquarius but i have about 5 fixed positions in my chart making me at times very stubborn to my own detriment...and yeah our rising is our physical appearence may i ask whats your mars sign....you say you very athletic im thinking you either have mars in a fire sign or in your moon sign...im an aquarius rising as well as moon aquarius and i have my Mars Taurus

Do you have Mars conjunct IC? If you do, that means Mars opposes MC... which will be very visible physical energy.

seeyou123

im not even sure what that is but i have mars opposite jupiter/pluto and my midheaven....how does that affect my physical energy espicially it being in a fixed sign

seeyou123

really how would you know i thought it would be noticeble to guess some ones sign after carefully observing their characteristics/style/mannerism.Yes you do indeed im surprise i was expecting to see an abundance of fire signs in your chart im guessing its either the houses or aspects but then again astrology is not law although we are born with certain tendencies,mannerisms,way of thinking...we can still diverge from it and chose our own path...well did you expect id be a moon aquarius

M

may28gemini

I'm pretty good at guessing moon signs for people based upon seeing their faces but since we're just using words, I couldn't really tell if your moon was talking to me or something else. I knew you'd have at least 1 air luminary but since you actually have 2 air luminaries, it makes perfect sense to me. Your airy detachment speaks to my airy detachment :lol:

One of my friends is the reverse of you- Aqua Sun/Gemini Moon. She acts more Gemini than me in public and she has Gemini Moon in the 1st house (like you have Aqua Moon in the 1st). My younger brother is Aqua Sun/Libra Moon... he's quite airy himself and has Sagittarius Mars (which is pretty fiery) but he's actually super duper tame and regimented.

Yes, it all depends on how the Mars is positioned in the chart and how it aspects other planets that makes it "act" the way it does.

As a general thing, 8th house Mars people of any sign are going to be excessively energetic. That's both a blessing and curse. If that person does not do something constructive with their energy, they can get into a lot of dangerous stuff. My saving grace has always been athletic activities. I grew up with psychotic parents who wanted to murder each other and I actually wanted to murder both of them because they brought me into their chaotic lives. I'm not one for chaos but I am extremely comfortable in chaotic environments. Those 2 traits alone are NOT typical of Taurus Mars position. Already I don't seem to act like my Mars...

In addition, my Mars trines both Jupiter (endurance) and Saturn (discipline) which sits on my AC so Mars actually trines my AC as well. I can give off a fiery and seemingly Martian 1st impression when I interact with others. On the contrary, once I show my chart, I'm actually very Jupiteran/Venusian HAHAHA Maybe that's why I cannot fully commit to being totally entrenched in athletics (even though I love many forms of sports).

IC (imum coeli) is the opposite axis of MC (midheaven), like AC (ascendant) to DC (descendant). When planets are near an axis or angle, it energy of that planet will be quite powerful!

As for you, with the Mars opposite Jupiter, I suspect you're very impulsive and need a lot of space (suddenly) and may be brash towards others. Mars opposite Pluto is really difficult as as that can present a lot of underhanded issues with authority figures in life, not to mention knee jerking reactions to disasters. Mars- Pluto contacts of any kind, in my opinion, are really icky. I have Mars inconjunct Pluto, of itself is another can of worms. Read up on all your Mars aspects. Might be a good laugh to see what you can learn about yourself.

seeyou123

yeah but what exactly made you know that lol do i speak with a sort of detachment like as a matter of fact kind of attitude.and yeah well i have mars taurus in third house meaning i can be pretty agressive in my speech when im trying to get a point across or just love to stirr up a debate.how does your freinds gemini moon in the first house manifest as im guessing it makes her impulsive and feiry like in her emotional actions but she quickly loses that steam.you have mars trine jupiter thats a very lucky placement i have mars opposite jupiter which i think contributes to my some times anger problems.well you say you love sports but you cant really get into it because of the majority of your jupiter/venusian placements maybe it also has some thing to do with where your midheaven/north node is ....

M

may28gemini

yeah but what exactly made you know that lol do i speak with a sort of detachment like as a matter of fact kind of attitude.and yeah well i have mars taurus in third house meaning i can be pretty agressive in my speech when im trying to get a point across or just love to stirr up a debate.how does your freinds gemini moon in the first house manifest as im guessing it makes her impulsive and feiry like in her emotional actions but she quickly loses that steam.you have mars trine jupiter thats a very lucky placement i have mars opposite jupiter which i think contributes to my some times anger problems.well you say you love sports but you cant really get into it because of the majority of your jupiter/venusian placements maybe it also has some thing to do with where your midheaven/north node is ....

How did I know what in particular? I suppose to sum it up would be 1 word: experience. I mean, my observations of you, although I've never saw your chart, are from what you described about your chart and I just figured it out from there. I've read a lot of different charts and I'm always pretty spot on. I've memorized Saturn and Mars charts for most years. I'm good with interpreting house structures and the like. I don't really write in a "serious tone" so seem a bit casual but that's because I'm not an astrologer. I can't really explain it other than I'm an observer and I love patterns, structures, foundations, numbers, and psychological behaviors so that's kinda the core of why I like astrology so much. I operate outside of a lot of parameters and since my observations may not be based in any textbook, it's because I've picked up things that have been missed.

You aren't the only person who is on the internet with a "detached, matter-of-fact attitude" because that is actually the default mode. We're all strangers and we use words with no tone to communicate so whatever manner of expression can be easily misinterpreted. I tend to write in the manner that I'm thinking, so that's stream-of-consciousness, as my preferred method.

In general, Mars in 3rd house is going to be a straight shooter. That's the mark of a person who's not only going to be assertive/aggressive (however you see yourself) in communication (esp. written) but it's going to be an extremely argumentative person... and a randomly argumentative person as well. This also is an indicator of discord/strife with siblings and neighbors. Unless modified by other planets, this is a placement of a person of risky nature (not necessarily in a gambling, that's another thing) and someone who pretty much just dives in. How a person expresses what I just wrote will depend on the sign of their Mars and how it aspects other planets.

My best friend is Gemini Sun with Aries Mars-Venus conjunction in 3rd. She's a high school teacher. Aries Mars is very wild and explosive. She's never foul mouthed, but she constantly sees herself as being threatened (esp. when she receives any written communication) and she pretty much quickly responds like a rabid creature...which usually worsen her situation. Contrast that with my hidden and slower moving Taurus Mars in the 8th and I will wait out controversies/problems and then act when it's most necessary. I suspect that since you have slow moving Taurus Mars in 3rd... you'd be something more along the lines of impulsively throwing some small punches in the beginning but you'll calm down and start to gather composure to negotiate and take some time to investigate what the real deal is. My friend doesn't really investigate, she just throws punches LOL

My friend with the Aquarius Sun with Gemini Moon in the 1st house (it does not conjunct her AC). well, she's NOT fiery. As a matter of fact, she's like me: our only fire sign is Sagittarius Neptune and even then I don't count it because it's a generational planet. She is quite Geminieque being a fun social butterfly, talking up a storm with anyone and everyone. She's very friendly and likes pretty much everyone. Her Mars is in Pisces and in the 10th house conjunct MC so she will be quite aggressive when it comes to work related stuff and she doesn't ever really "lose steam." She will take a break from things and then resume where she left off (disputes, friendships, etc.) but she won't ever lose it...

I do love sports and I've consistently participated in sports and physical activity since I was a small child. I've not ever stopped. It's pretty much my saving grace and prevents me from being a serial killer :innocent: You think that because I have so much Venusian energy that I wouldn't stick with physical activity? HAHAHAHAHA well... perhaps that could be quite true on the general level because Venus and Jupiter are both lazy and into lounging around but that's not the only thing those planets are known for. I lounge around too. But I'm mostly on the go-go-go but once I stop, I'm not against luxuriating for a bit, spend some money on something nice or physical treatments like spas and massages.

Yes, I'm very lucky. But understand that my chart has very critical Jupiter (0 Libra-cardinal sign) on an angle (AC) and because of this trines my Mars, it lifts some of the detrimental effects that is tied to Taurus Mars. My exalted Saturn trines Mars and this also lifts some other malefic effects and keeps me in check. It's not to say that I don't "explode" or don't get angry because I can and do, but in different ways but the appearance of me being impulsive and throwing random punches is not something I can identify with. I am widely and deeply committed to what I take up. I'm not someone who spends my energy with no purpose in mind. What I do is on purpose, what I say is on purpose. Having Jupiter and Saturn fine tune my Mars is a great blessing and few people can have both of those traits.

However, I don't think Jupiter oppose Mars is unlucky either. Understand that not all oppositions and squares are going to be cr@p and not all trines and sextitles are going to being golden. All that is dependent on the planets involved and what signs they occupy. From what I've observed, the difficult aspects to Jupiter are not malefic but rather... just requires a bit more "care" to control as hard aspected planets to Jupiter will have energy spilling out all over the place. That's not the worst thing ever. There's a lot of layers to astrology and many times I don't think I'm accurately or clearly explaining things as much as I want to but that's the gist of it.

Last edited:

milkywaygirl

Hey girl! I'm gonna hijack for a second, and ask your impressions. You have a good grasp on mars/saturn, so let me throw out this complex and let me know what you think:

6th house mars in Capricorn (10deg) opposing 12th house saturn in cancer (13deg), being squared by 4th house pluto in libra (9deg) (tsquare).