8th house and trauma?!

Dess93

Hi community, i'm new and i'm no expert of astrology but i have Moon in cancer and in 8th house and i read that moon in 8th house talks also about trauma in the childhood such as physical abuse ecc.., this scared me, because now i'm afraid i had trauma in my childhood that i don't remember. And i'm a very suggestible person. Thannks in advance. I came across this forum doing research for this.

Akhenaton

Hi Dess, I also have 8th house moon in cancer. There are here several topics regarding 8th house, you can read all . In my opinion major focus in this life is about your mother/mother figure.We speak about a very manipulative mother, with lots of secrets. About trauma, i was thinkin also but I`m afraid to find out, maybe some regresive hipnosis could help you find out. 8th house moon force you to go all the way...down baby...too the core, behind dark side of the moon...Sigmund Freud had 8th house moon...you got my point I guess

Thirdteenth

Hi community, i'm new and i'm no expert of astrology but i have Moon in cancer and in 8th house and i read that moon in 8th house talks also about trauma in the childhood such as physical abuse ecc.., this scared me, because now i'm afraid i had trauma in my childhood that i don't remember. And i'm a very suggestible person. Thannks in advance. I came across this forum doing research for this.

Hi Dess93 :joyful: I read that that moon in the 8th house could indicate childhood trauma too, however I do not believe that everyone that would have that placement would experience any trauma in their childhood. From what I am reading, it seems that childhood trauma is not there when it come to how that moon in the eight house manifested in your case. However, if you do feel that there could have been childhood trauma (Astrology aside) then I would recommend going to a professional figuring that out but if it does not apply then there is no need to have to make it apply to your life. Be thankful that there was no childhood trauma that had to be dealt with (if there was not any) @Dess93 :biggrin: Let’s clap it up for a good childhood.

rJy7uQf.gif

Last edited:

Kylie

I have moon (in Taurus) in the 8th house and it is true in my case: I had an abusive childhood/controlling mother. I also have emotions that run really deep.

As I understand it, it doesn't always have to point at abuse, there can be other interpretations too, but it is really common to have experienced control/abuse if you have moon in this location.

Lin

I think the definition of abuse....or even abuse which has sexual or psychological ramifications later in life.....is VERY wide.
The books ''Healing the Child Within''(Dr. Charles Whitfield)
and
"Toxic Parents'' ( Dr. Susan Forward'' )both explain this aspect of abusive behaviors of adults in one's life in childhood.

There doesn't have to be actual sexual molestation for one to have been affected to the degree which affects relationships, sex and money issues in adulthood (money and sex often go together.)

(my moon in 8th house square Neptune)

LIN