Which is the House cusp?

Rhian77

Hi everyone!
I've been studying for a while and this might not be the right place to ask this question, but I could't see how to post on any other thread!
When I'm looking at equal house charts, I get really confused on which is the house cusp! I was looking at the charts on astro.com and the way they draw them, I can't tell, is the sign on the cusp the sign before the start of the following house, or is the sign on the cusp the sign that fills the house you're asking about?! I just can't work this out?! I know what the houses are, and I know what the Asc is etc. I just can't tell from their diagrams which ones you are supposed to use! Thanks for any explanation.

Kite

Hi everyone!
I've been studying for a while and this might not be the right place to ask this question, but I could't see how to post on any other thread!
When I'm looking at equal house charts, I get really confused on which is the house cusp! I was looking at the charts on astro.com and the way they draw them, I can't tell, is the sign on the cusp the sign before the start of the following house, or is the sign on the cusp the sign that fills the house you're asking about?! I just can't work this out?! I know what the houses are, and I know what the Asc is etc. I just can't tell from their diagrams which ones you are supposed to use! Thanks for any explanation.

Equal house cusps are usually drawn with cusps that are at the same degree as the Ascendant. For example, if you're Ascendant is at 15 degrees Aries, your second house cusp would be at 15 degrees Taurus, third cusp at 15 degrees Gemini and so on. If you were using whole sign cusps then the first house would begin at 0 degrees Aries with your Ascendant of 15 degrees "floating" in the house. Second house would be at 0 degrees Taurus and so on.

If you use quadrant houses such as Placidus, each house cusp will probably be different (with the opposite house keeping the same degrees in the opposite sign).

Hope this helps.