A challenging relationship with some promise?

Asmau

Alright astrology friends, I've spent the past few days reading and watching videos obsessively and have put together a reading of my relationship charts. I would love any tips or comments if you can spare them.

As I've said elsewhere, a period of intense difficulty within the relationship pushed me to look into astrology. I was a bit terrified by some of the harder aspects I saw in our charts. But, I guess being an optimistic person, I also see some reasons for hope that we can make this the supportive union we both want.

Synastry
First, our synastry shows my sun squaring her moon. This makes absolute sense, and in fact I'm surprised that this doesn't go both ways. Our major issue has been that we have very, very different emotional needs - particularly in times of conflict (which then leads to more conflict...). We've been working hard on this but it has been very tough, and although we've both made compromises and grown we're still not quite there yet. We both come to this relationship with a lot of past baggage and hurt, neither of us have had easy emotional (or material) lives. I've seen in various places that the sun-square moon also leads to quite intense attraction and is an opportunity for incredible growth. This also sounds right to me. We both have to make big changes and heal a lot of our internal wounds to make this work. Whether this will be possible is yet to be determined but if we *can* without hurting each other too much in the process then I think we could come out the other side of this much stronger.

Our moons aren't in conjunct but they are in the same sign (Aries). which helps a little. We also both have Mars and Venus in Leo, again not conjunct but have to believe all that Fire energy for both of us creates some understanding. Maybe balancing out our Suns being in Cancer and Gemini, which is not the most natural pairing right?

My Moon also trines her Mars and Venus, which creates a solid love foundation (can also attest to this - we have a *lot* of love despite the difficulties, which is why I'm here learning all this). My moon in sextile to her Mercury and my Saturn in trine to her Mercury also helps with communication. My mercury is also in conjunct with her Venus. I do know how to show her love, and communicate that all the time to the best of my ability.

On top of the difficult Sun-Moon aspect, we also have some hard Saturn aspects. Especially my Saturn in opposition to her Venus and Mars. I've read that this breeds competitiveness, overbearing on my Saturn side? It's an Aquarius - Leo opposition. Is there anything important to be learned here? .

Composite

For the composite chart, we have some nice trines and conjuncts. Sun-mercury conjunct (both in Gemini), which I think does show because we are both quite intellectually minded and although we don't debate per se we love to watch documentaries and chat and read together. We are both great communicators in our own right (even though this sometimes breaks down at an emotional level when we face conflict). In composite we also have Moon trine Mars, Moon trine Venus, Moon trine Jupiter and Moon sextile Saturn. I think those speak to a great amount of compatibility within our relationship. Although I have heard that the composite says more about how we appear (and this is true - my friends etc all love us as a couple, but in reality we have faced a lot of real emotional hardship).

Venus trine Ascendant and Venus conjunct Mars also show up. As well as Mars trine Ascendant and Mars conjunct Jupiter. On our good days/weeks we are really fantastic. There's warmth there's love there's fun and passion. We're very supportive of one another's projects, from little to big things!

On the bad side in the composite we have Venus opp Saturn, Venus square Pluto and Mars square Pluto. This to me speaks to difficulty, confusion, awkwardness and a general emotional murkiness. This is made heavier by the fact that our composite Moon is in the 12th house. I have read that the 12th house again can be seen as an opportunity to meet for growth. Battling through the murkiness and the difficulty to learn. BUT that also 12th house could mean loving and leaving after the lesson is learned. I'm not going to dwell on that too much. If we do end up separating after the hard lessons we have to learn have been learned, well. I very much hope we don't, and that the positive aspects we have turn out to be a foundation for more.

Please let me know what you think of this reading! I feel quite good about it, and although I see a lot of difficulty I feel like I'm also right to keep persevering and trying to learn and grow together until we can't anymore.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 6.58.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 6.58.43 PM.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 4.59.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 4.59.40 PM.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 19

Asmau

Adding lists of aspects in synastry and composite

Attachments

• Composite aspects.jpg
    Composite aspects.jpg