Can I eliminate my hypertension meds?

ElenaJ

My friend sent me this chart, she would like to eliminate her hypertension meds.
She has recently had serious problems with her children (her son is in prison. Moon last passed over sun, ruler of the 12th) and been very agitated.
On medical issues I don't feel very sure of making a judgement, can you help me?
She is mercury, which also rules the brain and nerves.
Her doctor is the 7th, pisces.
Mercury approaches a square with Neptune, near the 7th, so she doesn't agree with him about her medication.
The medicine is the 10th, which has north node there, so it should be helpful.
The 6th has mars, anger and agitation, hypertension. Mars is not weak, it is in its triplicity, and in mercury's house.
Moon leaves a sextile with mars and approaches a conjunction with Uranus, who also governs the nervous system. Moon in a fixed sign shows this is a lingering problem.
Is this the moon leaving a positive situation (sextile) and approaching a negative one (conjunct Uranus of nerves)?
Mercury also will conjunct Venus, she too is retrograde approaching the square to Neptune, the doctor. Is he doing good diagnosis for her?
So, is it ok for her to suspend her medications?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 17.05.39.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 17.05.39.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36

ScorpioCancerian

My friend sent me this chart, she would like to eliminate her hypertension meds.
She has recently had serious problems with her children (her son is in prison. Moon last passed over sun, ruler of the 12th) and been very agitated.
On medical issues I don't feel very sure of making a judgement, can you help me?

So, she just woke up one day and decided that she wanted to quit her medication?

Well, a question by its own is nothing without the proper context to be built upon. It's like when you go to the doctor and asking 'What do I have?' expecting to get an answer from the doctor without telling your history or what led you there in the first place.

Why you bring up her children to this? Are they part of the context about eliminating her meds?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

She prefers holistic and homeopathic methods, which is why she would like to eliminate the medications.

The difficulties related to her children are what brought on her state of anxiety, sorry if this wasn't clear in the post.
She began to feel more relaxed once the situation was coming towards a solution, so she felt she could do without the meds.

ElenaJ

Here is her reply to your comment:

My reason is because I don’t like taking pharmaceutical meds. I am trying to reduce my stress levels and do meditation every day and with this I think my body would react positively.
Another reason is because it makes my feet and legs swell.

JUPITERASC

She prefers holistic and homeopathic methods, which is why she would like to eliminate the medications.

The difficulties related to her children are what brought on her state of anxiety, sorry if this wasn't clear in the post.
She began to feel more relaxed once the situation was coming towards a solution, so she felt she could do without the meds.
Here is her reply to your comment:

My reason is because I don’t like taking pharmaceutical meds. I am trying to reduce my stress levels and do meditation every day and with this I think my body would react positively.
Another reason is because it makes my feet and legs swell.
keep in mind :smile:

swelling of the legs and feet is a serious issue
Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

T
he image of the Archer is masculine, diurnal, double-bodied, terrestrial
Domicile of Jupiter, it controls the thighs....

The image of the Water-Pourer is masculine, diurnal, solid, watery,

Domicile of Saturn, it controls the lower legs....

The image of the Fishes is feminine, nocturnal, double-bodied, watery, oceanic,

Domicile of Jupiter, exaltation of Venus, depression of Mercury, it controls the feet

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae: accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from
https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved
from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

ElenaJ

She's using Norvasc 5 mg and Bisoprololo 1.25 mg but there doesn't seem to be anything on the forums on these medications.

waybread

Elena, I have been on blood pressure medication for many years. To me, the question is, which medication is she on? What are the known side effects? The first two blood pressure medications I took were truly awful. One made me so dizzy I couldn't drive. Another had the side effect of a bad cough.

Your friend can Google medications for known side effects. If she lives outside the US they may be marketed under different names than the main ones listed in American websites.

The one I am on now (Atacand, Candasartin in Canada) has caused no side effects. She might ask her doctor about it.

My doctor is a real minimalist, and thinks that, for women with no history of heart disease, it's fine to have blood pressure readings in the mid-140's over 90s. Mine are rarely in the 130s, typically in the 140's, and he's fine with that.

The concern with super-high blood pressure is that it puts the person at risk for heart attack or stroke. Also, should your friend need surgery, the doctors do not like to perform it on anyone whose blood pressure is too high.

Has your friend consulted with her doctor? Is swelling of legs and feet a known side-effect of her medication? If so, why not switch to a blood pressure medication without those side effects?

Is it possible that the swelling is due to some other cause?

I'm a believer in herbalism-- up to a point. I tried taking herbal supplements for high blood pressure, notably hawthorn, but they didn't seem to help it. One of my friends swears by an herbal preparation called Dr. Strauss's Heart Drops. I believe hawthorn is the main ingredient. It's expensive and unavailable in my local health food stores, so I didn't try it.

In my case, regular exercise is a good way to reduce blood pressure. Some people find a low-salt diet to be helpful.

What is the date on this horoscope? It doesn't seem recent.

As-is, your friend's 6th house of health is ruled by Saturn: in Aquarius, which rules the circulatory system. Saturn in Aquarius suggests problems with her circulatory system. It can indicate hardening of the arteries.

I use the trans-Saturnians as supplementary data points, not for aspects or sign rulers.

Jupiter is one of the key rulers of the blood: here in its fall in Capricorn. Mars is another one, lacking essential dignity in this chart.

I think your friend needs a better handle on the status of her circulatory system before she drops her medication, because she may have circulatory system issues unrelated to this particular medication. Then there are many different blood pressure meds on the market, so it's not a case of the one she's on now, or nothing.

I hope she will get a thorough check-up with her doctor.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Thanks I'll pass this on, way bread.

She's using Norvasc 5 mg and Bisoprololo 1.25 m

The post was originally about a month or so ago, but still current. She hasn't changed anything yet.

ElenaJ

Waybread, she's replied to your comment:

Thanks. ��

My first hypertension med gave me a cough. This one makes my feet and legs swell. My cardiologist says that there are 3 types of hypertension med which are sold under different names. I’ve taken 2 of the 3. Maybe I can try the third one.

Bunraku

Waybread, she's replied to your comment:

Thanks. ��

My first hypertension med gave me a cough. This one makes my feet and legs swell. My cardiologist says that there are 3 types of hypertension med which are sold under different names. I’ve taken 2 of the 3. Maybe I can try the third one.

She needs to tell the doctor about the coughing. The unpleasant side effects is why people stop taking them.

A doctor will help you find medication that is more suitable and pleasant for her.