had to take my cat to the hospital—is he going to be alright?

vcms

My cat had surgery for a laceration last week, and the past few days he’s getting in worse shape, not eating, vomiting, lethargic. He has an autoimmune disorder so any trauma is hard to recover. He was doing ok until yesterday. This morning I took him to the hospital. The doctor has said he’s very dehydrated, very low blood cell count, and is monitoring---putting him down is recommended... I want to give him one night of potential recover before I make this choice... He was doing so well.

Assuming he is L6, the moon is in his turned 12H (Hospital)

2K6ZcDS.png

Last edited:

vcms

Sorry time is of the essence. Anyone?

Am unsure whether to try to wait it out or if euthanasia is necessary. I'm being asked to decide for this appointment today or not.

Last edited:

vcms

The moon is in Sagitarrius, L6 rulership.

L6 is in his turned 2nd House, detriment, conjunct Saturn, his dispositor.

Next aspects to L6 are trines by Mercury and Sun. Mercury rules his turned 7th and 10th House. Sun rules his turned 9th House

8th from the 6H is sign of Cancer. Moon is in his turned 12th house (hospital). Moon is not making any in orb applying aspects yet but next aspect will oppose Venus, ruler of his 6th (and 11th House) sitting within his turned 6th house. So moon (death) will oppose benefic Venus (health)?

Jupiter as Moon's dispositor is a good thing or does it mean he is a guest of death, serves him? Venus will also go retrograde next week.

Last edited:

vcms

He's still at the vet. A euthanasia appointment is either later today or in the morning. I want to give him another day in hopes of a miraculous slowly-steady recovery but it's not entirely up to me...

The vet said they are not able to even give him IV fluid out of fear of further diluting the little blood cells count he has. She offered to do a blood transfusion to increase the blood count, but this seems out of line considering his constitution.

He's not in pain, his immune system is dysfunctional and causing decline. He's a year old.

" fixed sign on the sixth house cusp shows a long illness difficult to remove; The domicile ruler of the sixth “of evil influence” [NG: perhaps a malefic or debilitated benefic] and placed in the sixth, shows an enduring, serious illness. Conversely, a fortunate planet in the sixth shows an illness that will not kill and will soon be cured."

Taurus rules his 6th, its true, this illness is called by complicatons from a chronic disease, however the domicile ruler is Venus and placed within the 6th.

Last edited:

RisingSag

I do see the north node conjunct the pets house, the sixth house. I also see that the Jupiter and Saturn are out of sign conjunctions, which don’t mean anything much in Horary charts. But I also don’t see Jupiter or the moon aspecting anything.

vcms

We are believing the NSAID the vet provided has caused this condition (severe anemia) in his already weak immune system. Now we’re wondering if the damage is reversible by natural recovery. We don’t want to put him down unless we have to... not sure whether to bring him home tonight or go ahead with it.

vcms

I do see the north node conjunct the pets house, the sixth house. I also see that the Jupiter and Saturn are out of sign conjunctions, which don’t mean anything much in Horary charts. But I also don’t see Jupiter or the moon aspecting anything.

It’s the SN conjunct his house

ElenaJ

So sorry to hear this. When we have pets, especially dogs or cats, they become like children and part of the family.
First off, you use traditional charts, I don't, so I hope you don't mind if I redid the chart to include the outer planets.
Your cat as you wrote is the 6th house, sagittarius ruled by Jupiter.
South node is there showing he is suffering.
On my chart I entered the Fixed star Sinistra, as you see it is in the cat's house, and almost conjunct south node. This star represents mortality by poisoning.
So this gives us the first clue. Your cat has some sort of intoxication.
The 6th from the 6th, which is his illness, is the radical 11th. Ruled by taurus we find sun and mercury here.
Taurus in general is over indulgence and also recuperative forces, which in this case are important given the recent surgery.
Sun is excess. So we have too much of something which is poisoning him.
The cat is ruled by Jupiter, ruler of the 6th, and Jupiter is located in the cat's 2nd house. The 2nd house rules nutrition. Jupiter in Capricorn is weak, so again pointing to a nutrition problem.
Taurus rules the throat and larynx.
The 7th of the 6th is the doctor. Here we have empowering north node. However gemini on the cusp indicates more than one doctor, with Venus there separating from a square with Neptune, liquids, as well as poisons. It looks as though one of the doctors made a misjudgement with medications, which is having a bad effect on the cat.
You are worried about the cat dying, which is a natural concern. The cat's house of death is the 8th from the 6th, which is the chart's ascendent (and you), ruled by moon. Moon is in 5 degrees sagittarius, in the hospital, but doesn't make any significant aspects until it squares Neptune! Neptune is in the cat's 4th house, home, ruled by pisces, water.
So what is this liquid that is having a bad effect on him?
Mercury represents his doctor (ruler of the cat's 7th) and mercury is conjunct the 6th of the cat's illness. Mercury however approaches a trine with Jupiter, the cat, from the sickness house to the nutrition house. He can find the problem and the cure. It might be something as simple as changing his medication.
Jupiter is also the liver, which is being effected by this liquid that is poisoning him.
Taurus is ruled by Venus, who governs digestive disorders, another confirmation.
Further, the cat's 2nd house of nutrition is ruled by Saturn in Capricorn, Saturn rules poisons.
The 2nd of the cat also in general rules the tongue, heart and stomach.
Moon in sagittarius could also point to the liver, or a growth, or tumor.
Talk to the vet and hear him out about what is being given to the cat.
It's too early to talk about putting him to sleep.
Hope this is helpful, God bless.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 21.57.00.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 21.57.00.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 21

vcms

Thank you so much. I have to run to work now and cannot give you a full appreciative reply but off the bat, yes the NSAID-liquid is called Eloxioral.. it apparently causes anemia

vcms

Yes I very much wish to give him a chance ! I’ve been pressing against the Vet’s ruling myself, my intuition is telling me to give him some time at the very least. My mom is bring him home from the vet soon. I passed her a copy of what you wrote, ElenaJ, even though she doesn’t understand astrology.

ashriia

Sorry to hear about your kitty. I don't have horary to offer. I just trying to understand. Your cat had a laceration last week, and had surgery so I imagine there was extensive blood loss, which would have caused the anemia?
NSAIDs are more gentle than the steriods they usually inject for surgery. Was your kitty on NSAIDS for a long time? Or was it just for the surgery and recovery? Unfortunately cats can have many different types of reactions to the medicines given out by vets. They never tell you about all the side effects. And when you mention them they say they have never heard of that happening, or how rare it is. I have a 16 year old that is very sensitive to vet meds. And I only allow her to be given NSAIDS. And injectibles only during surgery. Otherwise forget it. Injectibles stay in their system for a long time and if side effects occur you have to wait it out, no way to stop it. You can request liquid droppers and their meds in liquid form and just squirt into the corner of kitties mouth.

Kind of wondering if your kitty would get better after injectibles left his/her system. I would ask your vet about it. The side effects you mention kitty having sound like they are from meds. And kitty is probaby exhausted from anemia also. Hope your cat recovers. 1 year old is so young. If vet recommends blood transfusion, why not get it?

vcms

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I’m still at work so can’t answer all but my mom has been sending me updates since he returned from the Vet and he ate a little bit. Which is fantastic because he was refusing the past day. This morning, why I rushed him in, he collapsed on me momentarily when defecating 😢 I think straining to pass a stool was too much for him, it wasn’t diarrhea. He’s alert but aloof

About the blood transfusion: Kitty is FIV positive, I found him a week and some ago on the street and took him in. We are meant to be his forever home. Got him stitched up (laceration) and neutered and this may have been a lot on his body but I agree some medicine isn’t sitting well with his constitution. He had fleas on his body when I found him so I’m thinking he was already a bit anemic, the doctor hadn’t checked when we first brought him in for surgery, so nothing to compare to. Normal red blood count levels are supposed to be in the 30-40 range, he has 6.5

I have a whole team of people sending him prayers! I believe he will get through this. 💙💪🏽🌟 his name is Beaux

http://imgur.com/oReBT0C

Last edited:

vcms

Right now we are syringe feeding him water consistently to make sure he is hydrating. After a few hours, delivered him to his litter box to see if he would urinate on his own volition, and thankfully he did and plenty, though again, very exhausting for him to do it and he momentarily collapsed after passing his urine. Will continue to hydrate and to promote the medicine leave his system. Is resting-sleeping and breathing fine.

Recommended amount of water for a cat daily is 200ml on average. We’ve managed about 55ml so far since bringing him home so not pushing it but being very consistent that he is getting it.

The laceration has been fully healed and the swelling from his neutering down. The two medicines he was prescribed were Amoxicillin as antibiotics and this Eloxioral as an anti-inflammatory.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

The vet did a lot all at once, it was probably too much for him.
So pleased he is making it, cherish him.
Love the name!

vcms

The vet we went to, although a good surgeon, is seeming like a negligent doctor. Didn’t do any bloodwork prior to surgery and recommend euthanatizing him because of what seems like a mistake on her part regarding the post-op prescription, blaming his FIV positive for the reaction to extra label medication, as if precautions needn’t be considered. He was more than fine up until two days ago. I have been syringe feeding him a slush of wet food and cat multivitamin since last night, all through the night, and into this morning, hoping that dehydration and nutrition will give him a boost, am prepared to do this for however long he needs it but I feel like I don’t have a doctor to talk to about getting his vitals in order. He’s sleeping, almost still in stupor.

I found online that there is a such prescription, Erythropoietin, to raise the red blood cell count of an FIV positive cat suffering from anemia.

Last edited: