Help me ...i have total 100% Dispositor confusion ?

mystic91

I still get confused with what dispositors are doing/representing.:sad:

Say for example my significator is Jupiter in Libra in the 4th house and the dispositor is venus in the 8th.

I know why im in the 4th as i'm asking about a question to do with my family, but what's venus doing ?

And can dispositors also be used for the judgement of the chart, or does this just need to be the significators ?

I feel confused just writing this :w00t:

Last edited:

dr. farr

I can only give the teachings regarding significator dispositors from the Ankara horary perspective: in this method, there are only, basically, 3 prominent significators in typical horary question charts:
1-the quesited significator, usually being the dispositor ("ruler") of the ascending sign
2-the quesited significator, being the dispositor ("ruler") of the sign on the house specifically representing the object (subject matter) of the question
and 3, the Moon (as universal co-significator, generally being the querent's co-significator)
Only the relationship among these 3 significators is taken into consideration in reaching an answer to the question. However, any of these significators MIGHT be affected, either + or -, by conjunctions or aspects with other planets in the chart, which other planet or planets will not NECESSARILY be connected AS DISPOITORS, with one or the other (or any) of the significators.

Last edited:

mystic91

I can only give the teachings regarding significator dispositors from the Ankara horary perspective: in this method, there are only, basically, 3 prominent significators in typical horary question charts:
1-the quesited significator, usually being the dispositor ("ruler") of the ascending sign
2-the quesited significator, being the dispositor ("ruler") of the sign on the house specifically representing the object (subject matter) of the question
and 3, the Moon (as universal co-significator, generally being the querent's co-significator)
Only the relationship among these 3 significators is taken into consideration in reaching an answer to the question. However, any of these significators MIGHT be affected, either + or -, by conjunctions or aspects with other planets in the chart, which other planet or planets will not NECESSARILY be connected AS DISPOITORS, with one or the other (or any) of the significators.

So the rulers of the significators in question play no part unless they are being aspected by one of the significator planets. Am i understanding this correctly ?

I understand what your saying Dr farr and thanks for the reply, but this has still not really answered my question.

I'll take a real life chart for example i've recently cast.

Me = jupiter
Quesited = Mercury

Mercury is posited in virgo its own sign so is with its own ruler, but myself jupiter posited in the 11th house/libra, my dispositor is venus which is placed in cancer/ 8th house.

The moon is applying to a trine with venus in less than 1 degree....but i just don't know who/what venus is representing or why she's in the house she's in. She's my dispositor yes, but what is she doing....nothing.....something, i don't get it.

dr. farr

From the Ankara horary perspective:

Mercury (significator), in own sign, so it does not have a potential special relationship with any other planet because Mercury disposits itself.

Jupiter (significator) in Libra; significator Jupiter is disposited by another planet, Venus, so Venus has a potential special relationship with significator Jupiter: now, Venus itself is disposited by yet another planet, and such a chain (of dispositorships) could go on and on: IN ANKARA HORARY, ANY "DISPOSITOR OF A DISPOSITOR" DOES NOT PLAY A ROLE IN THE DELINEATION OF THE ANSWER TO THE HORARY QUESTION.
So, here in your practical example, ONLY VENUS (significator Jupiter's dispositor) would be looked at AND ONLY IN ANY CONJUNCTIONAL OR ASPECTUAL RELATIONSHIP IT MIGHT HAVE WITH significator JUPITER (for example, the dignity or detriment of Venus would play no role whatsoever in the delineation) Now, does Venus have a conjunctional or aspectual relationship with significator Jupiter? If YES, then such a relationship would either be + or - testimony relative to the question; if NO, then there would be no input of testimony whatsoever relative to the answer to this question.

PLEASE NOTE THAT REGULAR HORARY DOES NOT OPERATE BY THE ABOVE EXPLANATION. In regular horary, various planets (such as dispositors of planetary significators) are (or could be) investigated as additional factors, persons, influences, relative to the horary answer: within regular horary, "who" or " what" some primary or secondary dispositor of querent or quesited significator or co-significator "is", can be pertinent (according to regular horary) to the question. In Ankara horary, this is not the case.

Last edited: