Is this a Virgo Rising thing?

Ness22

Hi,

I'm a Virgo Rising with a Pisces sun.
Usually when I read about Rising signs, it's the signs such as Libra rising or Taurus or Cancer that are touted as the most attractive.
Does having a Virgo rising make one unattractive? (I know that they are very organized and might take great care of their appearance, but that doesn't necessarily mean attractive). So,is this a bad rising sign to have in terms of only appearance?

I also know by experience and from what I've heard other Virgo risings say, that this position makes the individual uptight and have low self esteem sometimes. So, could that have anything to do with them being overly critical of themselves and feeling unattractive?

katydid

There are many many beautiful Virgo Rising models, actors and entertainers:

☆ Leo Audrey Tautou ☆ Barbara Stanwyck ☆ Gemini Brooke Shields ☆ Christina Ricci ☆ Gemini Carmen Dell’Orefice ☆ Capricorn Dolly Parton ☆ Doris Day ☆ Elizabeth Banks ☆ Scorpio Elke Sommer ☆ Scorpio Kris Jenner ☆ Aries Emma Watson ☆ Gemini Helen Hunt ☆ Marlene Dietrich ☆ Taurus Renee Zellweger ☆ Cancer Nicole Scherzinger ☆ Virgo Nicole Ritchie ☆ Olivia Newton John ☆ Shirley MacLaine ☆ Pisces Sharon Stone ☆ Sissy Spacek ☆ Taurus Uma Thurman ☆ Libra Donna Karan ☆ Capricorn Marlene Dietrich ☆

https://starsignstyle.com/virgo-rising-celebrities/

IleneK

Premium Member
You can see that nearly all of the mentioned famous folks with Virgo rising are attractive. Yet they are certainly not held to be aesthetically beautiful in the traditional sense as with Libra rising or even as with the less refined beauty of Taurus rising. But there is a lithe, mutable attractiveness that Virgo rising projects.
I do think the self-critical aspect of Virgo rising holds and if it is indulged by the native, then it will affect how one is seen. But it is a choice to employ self-criticism, not a sentence. So pay attention to what the voice in your head is telling you. It's not telling the truth a whole lot of the time. :) [Maybe always.]
Wishing you the best!

Last edited:

Cassiopeia

I also have a very good friend with Virgo Rising and she is very beautiful and attractive... can't go unnoticed. I read this is a Rising what always looks young and charming even when older :smile:

Hkk

Account Closed
Depends on the aspects like with all these types of questions. We can’t focus on one sign to give us the answers.

My two neices are beautiful - one libra sun Virgo rising the other one Pisces sun Virgo rising.

My old manager was ugly as ****. Fat ugly so and so. Virgo rising and sag sun. Her aspects were fuuucked lol

Where as nieces aspects were lovely aspects.

Conclusion:- depends
On
The
Aspects

End of thread

IleneK

Premium Member
Depends on the aspects like with all these types of questions. We can’t focus on one sign to give us the answers.

My two neices are beautiful - one libra sun Virgo rising the other one Pisces sun Virgo rising.

My old manager was ugly as ****. Fat ugly so and so. Virgo rising and sag sun. Her aspects were fuuucked lol

On
The
Aspects

End of thread

Not quite the End of Thread.

How the ascending point manifests depends upon the aspects. Every planet and personal point is influenced by the aspects to it. But one can still make some limited generalizations about points and planets.
And so we did that here in this thread with some interesting comments emerging.:smile:

Now End of Thread

IleneK

Premium Member
I also have a very good friend with Virgo Rising and she is very beautiful and attractive... can't go unnoticed. I read this is a Rising what always looks young and charming even when older :smile:

I think there is a youthfulness that persists throughout life for people with Mercury-ruled rising signs, so for Virgo and Gemini.

[I suppose it may not be the End of Thread yet...]

Hkk

Account Closed
Not quite the End of Thread.

How the ascending point manifests depends upon the aspects. Every planet and personal point is influenced by the aspects to it. But one can still make some limited generalizations about points and planets.
And so we did that here in this thread with some interesting comments emerging.:smile:

Now End of Thread

It’s a waste of time unless you have aspects to look at. Each case is unique

End of thread 😇

Ness22

There are many many beautiful Virgo Rising models, actors and entertainers:

☆ Leo Audrey Tautou ☆ Barbara Stanwyck ☆ Gemini Brooke Shields ☆ Christina Ricci ☆ Gemini Carmen Dell’Orefice ☆ Capricorn Dolly Parton ☆ Doris Day ☆ Elizabeth Banks ☆ Scorpio Elke Sommer ☆ Scorpio Kris Jenner ☆ Aries Emma Watson ☆ Gemini Helen Hunt ☆ Marlene Dietrich ☆ Taurus Renee Zellweger ☆ Cancer Nicole Scherzinger ☆ Virgo Nicole Ritchie ☆ Olivia Newton John ☆ Shirley MacLaine ☆ Pisces Sharon Stone ☆ Sissy Spacek ☆ Taurus Uma Thurman ☆ Libra Donna Karan ☆ Capricorn Marlene Dietrich ☆

https://starsignstyle.com/virgo-rising-celebrities/

Thanks for your response. I've seen some of these names before too. I agree they are all very beautiful and well dressed (something I notice with virgo risings is how presentable they try to be, including myself) but to me, these people don't fit into the conventional/traditional definition of beauty like say a Libra rising. But I suppose every rising sign has it's own charm.

Ness22

You can see that nearly all of the mentioned famous folks with Virgo rising are attractive. Yet they are certainly not held to be aesthetically beautiful in the traditional sense as with Libra rising or even as with the less refined beauty of Taurus rising. But there is a lithe, mutable attractiveness that Virgo rising projects.
I do think the self-critical aspect of Virgo rising holds and if it is indulged by the native, then it will affect how one is seen. But it is a choice to employ self-criticism, not a sentence. So pay attention to what the voice in your head is telling you. It's not telling the truth a whole lot of the time. :) [Maybe always.]
Wishing you the best!

Yes, indeed they are attractive :) and not so much in the conventional sense,(and I thought that wasn't enough sometimes). Maybe I am very hard on myself which could be due to the self-critical aspect of this rising sign. I always feel like I could be better, even if I put my 100% into everything I do. This can actually be good to push you forward, but not always.
As you said, if engaged too much by the individual,this quality can be very harmful. But in the end, it's only we who can control our thoughts and perspective.

Ness22

That's good to know.!
I do get compliments on my appearance and also on intelligence. Maybe I should be happy with that and I try to be, but I tend to be self critical a lot and that might be a quality which this rising brings or it could just be me.
And yeah, I've heard before that Virgo Risings have a charm to them. There is actually a quote by the French actress Audrey Tautou which says, 'Charm is more valuable than beauty, you can resist beauty but you can't resist charm'. I don't know to what extent this is true, but having watched her movies, she certainly embodies this quote, and she happens to be a Virgo rising.

Ness22

On
The
Aspects

End of thread

I'm a pisces sun, cancer moon with a Virgo rising. What aspects exactly are you talking about?

Ness22

I think there is a youthfulness that persists throughout life for people with Mercury-ruled rising signs, so for Virgo and Gemini.

[I suppose it may not be the End of Thread yet...]

Ah, maybe this is the one bright side of having this rising, which I'm happy about :)! Because normally, most articles that I've read about Virgo rising, while pointing out that they are intelligent and resourceful, always say that they are stress-prone, anxious and self critical. So, maybe this youthful appearance thing is the silver lining lol, if it turns out to be true for me.

waybread

I think there is a youthfulness that persists throughout life for people with Mercury-ruled rising signs, so for Virgo and Gemini.....

Ilene, I think this is correct. I have Virgo rising. Since Uranus squares my ascendant, there is no way I am going to be the neat-and-tidy stereotype. However, when I was a young adult, I was often mistaken for being much younger than I really was.

Now that I am 71, I don't look as old as many of my contemporaries. My hair still hasn't turned gray.

So to you Virgo risings out there, your rising sign has its advantages.

Tatianna

Hello,
I have a virgo Ascendant and pisces sun.

I am very self critical and a perfectionist about how I look to the outer world and have a tendency to pick myself apart, I had low confidence when I was younger but I've slowly become more confident

I am attractive but modest with it

I believe that that the virgo ascendant can make one look younger than their age, keep themselves fit, healthy and manicured BUT make them very modest, reserved elegance.

The planets that are aspecting the ascendant contribute to the look - I have been told that I am very attractive with a sultry allure, I think that has something to do with PLUTO conjunct Moon in Scorpio sextile my Ascendant and Venus & Jupiter opposite my Ascendant. Plus Planets touching Mercury the chart ruler. I have Venus conjunct chart ruler (mercury)

I would deffinetley say the virgo ascendant makes me uptight towards my outer environment - I don't like clutter and everything has to be organised and in its place. - rubs the pisces sun up the wrong way!

My take on it, is that the virgo ascendant makes me strive to be the best I can be to the outer world, analysing myself and the outer world