Do I Have a Pisces Ascendant?

Arian Maverick

I just came back from a visit to the local book store and read through a more comprehensive description of Aries Ascendant. Although I was able to recognize some basic traits in myself due to my Aries Sun and Moon (and Mercury and Venus :wink: ), it didn't feel right for some reason. However, I am not convinced that I have a Pisces Ascendant either...

Second-level event might be:
-> the date when the ID card was issued. This document certifies your identity - in several cases I noticed minor aspects with practically no orb (almost exact) from Mercury (=document) to the Ascendant (=identity).

EDIT: I just raided my family's documents and received a wealth of information...I can now confidently tell you that my birth certificate was registered on April 18, 1989 and its date of issue was April 25, 1989. Which date should I use? :?

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Ok, the first try. Please know that the Virgo inside me is not happy with only few events, would rather like to have 10-15 events to study. And all major if possible...

For each event I tried to identify the specific transit from a specific planet to the specific house cusp (Placidus). After rectifying the chart in order for that aspect to be exact, a possible ASC results. For now, we'll just gather as more such possible ASCs as we can, then by arithmetical mean we'll find out the true one.

Arian Maverick said:
my beloved grandmother unexpectedly passed away on February 22, 2000 in Tom's River, New Jersey. I was only in fifth grade at the time, and this was my first intimate experience with death in my family.
Saturn (11Tau50) opposite 8th house cusp -> ASC 00Ari22

Arian Maverick said:
October 5, 2004 (I'll PM you with the exact location if you need it)- I started a new school the same day my brother unexpectedly refused to go on the bus that took him to school...for months, the bus would come every day and attempt to coax him into the vehicle, but he would become wildly upset/frightened and run off. Eventually, he would not even enter the family car.
This is an unusual event. I could only try to relate it to Pluto inconjunct 3rd house cusp counted from the 3rd house = 5th house (brother's transportation phobia). Not sure if we should include this one in the final analysis. (-> ASC 27Pis05)

Arian Maverick said:
February 5, 2005- This is another monumental day of which I would rather not divulge unsavory details. Let's just say that I spent two long weeks in a place where I would rather not have been. Use your imagination...
I assume that this was a 12th house nature place, as the Sun was close to the 12th house cusp and Mars to the Midheaven (authorities).
Sun conjunct the 12th house cusp -> ASC 28Pis02
Mars conjunct MC -> ASC 28Pis35

Arian Maverick said:
February 19, 2005- I was coming home from the place previously mentioned, and the car pulled into the driveway exactly as the clock changed from 1:10 to 1:11. This was my first major experience with the phenomenon.

Synchronicity is a Chiron ruled matter - the Sun was in tight trine with natal Chiron - but doesn't help for rectification purposes.
The only element I could use from this chart for your rectification is
Chiron sextile ASC -> ASC 29Pis51

Arian Maverick said:
my birth certificate was registered on April 18, 1989
Mercury (13Tau54) semisquare the Ascendant -> ASC 28Pis34

This is what we've got so far. When we'll have gathered more such events we'll find the arithmetic mean value and that will be your new ASC.

Arian Maverick

Thank you so much, Radu! :D

Would it help if I gave you the date I was baptized? That was May 14, 1989 and the certificate was dated May 16, 1989.

I also have the date I was issued a passport--July 15, 2004.

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Arian Maverick said:
Would it help if I gave you the date I was baptized? That was May 14, 1989 and the certificate was dated May 16, 1989.
This one is kind of tricky, as if I was to use Jupiter's opposition with the 9th house cusp, it would lead to a possible ASC at 08Pis07, which is out of the range of the other values found so far.
I understood you are a practicing Catholic, so this event should have be important and therefore reflected in the chart as well. On the other hand this event has a low degree of unpredictibility, as usually Christian babies are baptized in the first weeks after the birth. This is why I think we should not attach a high value for rectification purposes to this event and skip it.
Should your baptize had happened at a more "random" age, it would have been much more clearly reflected by the transits to the birth chart.

Arian Maverick said:
the date I was issued a passport--July 15, 2004.
Mercury sesquisquare the ASC -> ASC 02Ari48

(I used noon as the time, in all cases)

When you're done gathering events, calculate the arithmetic mean. Don't rush however, I'm enjoying this.:)

Arian Maverick

When you're done gathering events, calculate the arithmetic mean. Don't rush however, I'm enjoying this.

Thank you, so am I! :)

Although I am the youngest member of my family, do you think there would be any astrological connection between my date of birth and my brother's? I can provide you with almost all of the information I gave you for myself--the registration date and date of issue of his birth certificate, his baptism, etc. I can also PM you with the date of my parent's marriage, if it would be helpful to you.

Arian Maverick

Laura Elizabeth

I've never been pregnant or had an abortion
I've never had any major surgical operations or diseases that I can remember...

But what about chicken pox or measles? When you had your first period? Events like those would seem to fit into what Radu is looking for - I think.

Arian Maverick

I thought of another date: I started my driving lessons today (April 11, 2006) and I will be going for my driver's license in exactly six months (October 11, 2006 @ 8 AM) :D

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
The first driving lesson doesn't count as an event, learning to drive is actually a process which takes time. The exam (Oct 11) is an event: I think Mercury in opposition with the 2nd house cusp is a pretty good picture of your skills (2nd house) put to trial (opposition) on cars (Mercury).

Btw, a question: why does it take 6 months? In Romania it takes 3-4 weeks from the first driving lesson until the exam. Hum, maybe this the cause there're many accidents. But 6 months?!... :roll:

Arian Maverick

I have no idea why the process takes so long...I suppose that's just the way things are done here in the United States :roll:

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

This question has really been bothering me lately, so I decided to cast another horary chart. Guess which planet is conjunct the Ascendant within minutues--Mars! However, I would be more certain of my lamentable interpretation skills if the chart ruler was not a Pisces Moon... :roll:

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Arian Maverick