Would the ability to read minds make a better world

Bradders

It's a hypothetical philsophical question lol

I think the dynamic of society in terms of hierarchy, status would change/would've changed, most of us are self absorbant secretive narcissists seeking compassion and fanfare for our otherwise self perpetuated IDs and Ego components lol.

Basically most people not all want to be cheered on by other people, they're self absorbant never realizing the congenial minority they occasionally are in the presence of often endlessly attempting to compensate for their 'Need to be part of the bigger picture/Drive and need to better themselves'

I propose that most people would give up their drive, realize it's ok to be them people just have massive perpetual insecurities and defense mechanisms designed to have them win/survive in a vast amount of subconscious situations lol, we're all in a race, the human race! Vhroom! Vhroom! Race until you're middle aged and forget what most of the subconsciously driven need to affirm you're ok even happened!

We would also sense assholes a MILE AWAY, but then people are insecure so everyone would look like perpetual traitors RIIIIIIGHT? :D

We're all enemies to each other because we're all scarred mentally/traumatized from the unfoldment of our lives. Our system we live in is WIN WIN WIN, the guy on the other desk/other corridor might look/act better than you did and take your place! Thus we're all driven to constantly compensate for where people endorsed in our minds we were less than equal and that it wasn't ok to be us.

MIND BLOOW I KNOW.

But I wanna know what you guys thiiiiiiiink!!!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

It's a hypothetical philsophical question lol

I think the dynamic of society in terms of hierarchy, status would change/would've changed, most of us are self absorbant secretive narcissists seeking compassion and fanfare for our otherwise self perpetuated IDs and Ego components lol.

Basically most people not all want to be cheered on by other people, they're self absorbant never realizing the congenial minority they occasionally are in the presence of often endlessly attempting to compensate for their 'Need to be part of the bigger picture/Drive and need to better themselves'

I propose that most people would give up their drive, realize it's ok to be them people just have massive perpetual insecurities and defense mechanisms designed to have them win/survive in a vast amount of subconscious situations lol, we're all in a race, the human race! Vhroom! Vhroom! Race until you're middle aged and forget what most of the subconsciously driven need to affirm you're ok even happened!

We would also sense assholes a MILE AWAY, but then people are insecure so everyone would look like perpetual traitors RIIIIIIGHT? :D

We're all enemies to each other because we're all scarred mentally/traumatized from the unfoldment of our lives. Our system we live in is WIN WIN WIN, the guy on the other desk/other corridor might look/act better than you did and take your place! Thus we're all driven to constantly compensate for where people endorsed in our minds we were less than equal and that it wasn't ok to be us.

MIND BLOOW I KNOW.

But I wanna know what you guys thiiiiiiiink!!!
Most are too preoccupied focusing on iphones, mobiles, online media and forums :smile:

Bradders

Constantly faced with the shadow of ourselves: Individualized only by our beliefs and experience and predominant youth culture. Either striking down what we oppose in ourselves, caught in comparison, judgement and prejudice or sharing beliefs and harmonizing, sharing experiences, building bonds and learning further. Threatened by what is exposed or exploited and misrepresented.

In a world free from threats to our wellbeing by man-eating reptiles, wolves in the woods of a 1600s century forest, our only enemy: Ourselves and our ID. Unwillingness to cultivate further self understanding detaches us from the spiritual oneness of all.

Having almost everything, feeling like nothing. The healing begins within.

AppLeo

It's kind of a pointless question because it will never happen.

If is somehow did happen, it would obviously change the world. I have no idea how though. Being able to read someone's mind is basically being able to know anything about them. Secrets would be revealed and lying wouldn't be a thing anymore. Everyone would be 100% honest without even having to speak. I think that would make the world worse. IMO, I think love and relationships are built off lies.

I don't want people to read my mind because I think horrible things without meaning to :sideways:

Bradders

I simply meant it as a philosophical hypothetical idea.

I was implying what would be a component if it did happen for a more evolved mankind or world peace more specficially. It's more or less simply a question of: Would this be for better or worst? Would people feel safer? Would it be bad?

You know, like people ask those pointless philosophical debates like, what came first, the chicken or the egg, or something.

JUPITERASC

I was implying what would be a component if it did happen for a more evolved mankind or world peace more specficially. It's more or less simply a question of: Would this be for better or worst? Would people feel safer? Would it be bad?

You know, like people ask those pointless philosophical debates like, what came first, the chicken or the egg, or something.
Assuming "mind reading" was universal :smile:
internet, mobile phones, speech et al would become obsolete

AppLeo

It would be worse.

conspiracy theorist

If this were a utopia where each person was completely balanced and were constitutionally incapable of harming each other, then mind reading would be totally safe.

As it stands with the current crop of people, mind reading can lead to things going south really fast, in a variety of ways. One presupposition I see you make is that knowledge of someone's inner workings will automatically lead to pro-social behaviour, which I don't think holds up. Mass media and psychological warfare exist, for example.

ynnest

Telepathy is the natural state even though it unfortunately has been squashed to a great extent by limitation programs and these denser realities we are living in. In worlds where everyone is in alignment with the universal will there are no negative side effects but in worlds where evil prevails and have access to the minds of humanity it leads to destruction and control. This is whats ending.

Y

JUPITERASC

If this were a utopia where each person was completely balanced and were constitutionally incapable of harming each other, then mind reading would be totally safe.

As it stands with the current crop of people, mind reading can lead to things going south really fast, in a variety of ways. One presupposition I see you make is that knowledge of someone's inner workings will automatically lead to pro-social behaviour, which I don't think holds up. Mass media and psychological warfare exist, for example.
There are surviving tribes living separate from western destructive culture - but not many :smile: