What are the indicators...(lawyer)

What are the indicators on a chart that point toward a law career? I've read a lot about the 9th house and Saturn and Jupiter in the house, but I don't have those aspects. Is there anything in my chart that stands out that points to law?

What about the type of law to practice? Any indicators of it on a chart? I'm most interested in being a prosecutor, but I'm also interested in real estate law as that's our family business. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Sun Sextile Mars
Sun Square Saturn
Sun Trine Midheaven
Moon Trine Mercury
Moon Conjunction Saturn
Moon Conjunction Neptune
Moon Sextile Pluto
Moon Sextile Ascendant
Mercury Trine Uranus
Mercury Trine Neptune
Mercury Opposition Pluto
Mercury Opposition Ascendant
Mercury Square Midheaven
Venus Trine Jupiter
Venus Sextile Uranus
Venus Sextile Neptune
Venus Trine Pluto
Venus Trine Ascendant
Mars Trine Jupiter
Mars Opposition Midheaven
Jupiter Opposition Uranus
Uranus Conjunction Neptune
Neptune Sextile Pluto
Neptune Sextile Ascendant
Pluto Conjunction Ascendant
Pluto Square Midheaven

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_n_hp.11204.7218.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_n_hp.11204.7218.gif
    51.6 KB · Views: 67

waybread

No need to write down all those aspects! We can get them off the chart and aspectarian.

The law as a body of knowledge is a 9th house matter. Law in the sense of litigation and lawsuits is a 7th house matter, probably because the 7th is either the "house of marriage" or "the house of open enemies." Jupiter is the planet associated with "the law."

I think you get your interest in being a prosecutor from your Pluto-Mercury opposition. Mercury is not in your 7th house, but it is almost exactly conjunct your 7th house cusp, from the 5th house. Mercury in Taurus does not have the reputation for thinking quickly "on its feet" but it can think very methodically, vs. reaching a conclusion too quickly that may turn out to be incorrect.

The sun rules your 10th house of vocation, and it is located in your 6th house of service. If you see a legal career as a form of public service (or service to your family's business) that will probably be helpful.

Real estate in the sense of financial assets would belong in the 8th or the 2nd house; but property in the sense of one's home or homeland is a 4th house matter. Venus can be a good luck factor; and situated in the 4th house, it should be beneficial for real estate law, so long as you can construe it as either supporting your family or in the sense of real estate a people's homes. (This wouldn't apply so much to commercial real estate-- again, a 2nd or 8th house matter.)

The moon is another indicator of one's home. Your moon conjuncts Saturn, which is very strong in its own sign of Capricorn. Trining your Mercury, you have the capacity to work very hard for what you want, and to do so in a very practical way.

Your Chiron-Jupiter in Cancer suggests you have the capacity to develop a real sense of sympathy for other people. Jupiter, a good luck factor, would be well placed in your 8th house as it deals with investments, mortgages, and inheritances.

So my feeling is that if you know what you love, you should pursue it! I think you would make a good lawyer. It doesn't matter if you are not the next Supreme Court justice. You can have a fulfilling career that benefits other people.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, waybread! I really appreciate it. I can see what you mean with the Mercury in Taurus methodical thinking as I am that way. I'm also a perfectionist in some aspects of my life. But then again, I'm also an Aries and can be impulsive.

I'm glad you see some prospect in regards to practicing real estate law. Practicing law is my dream but I also want to be my own boss. I'm very independent and can't imagine working under someone else the rest of my life, even though I currently do. I do see it as a public service but also as a chance to be financially secure and support my parents as they get older.

Whether it is the Venus and Jupiter trine in my chart or my optimism, I've always felt lucky. I can see the 10th house Leo/Sun effect as well as I'm an ambitious person and having a career (and enjoying it) is very important to me.
Again, thank you!

Zuri

Drawing from astrologer Noel Tyl's vocational profiling approach, here's what your chart suggests would be the most fulfilling career for you:

MC in Leo

Being a leader / standing out in career is likely. MC ruler is in 6th House = career involving public service is likely

Dispositor chain: MC ruler Sun (in 6) in Aries.Mars (r. 6, in 4) in Aquarius.Uranus (r. 4, in 2)(-Neptune...r. 5, in 2) in Capricorn.Saturn (r. 3, in 3)(-Moon...r. 9, in 3) in Capricorn*

The most fulfilling career involves being a leader (Sun in Aries) and advocate (Mars) in the public service arena (6th House & Aquarius influence). Communications is central to career (3rd-9th communications channel activated in chart). Career involving real estate &/or issues related to your family/heritage/nation (4th House influence). Unusual & creative method of earning an income (Uranus-Neptune conjunction in 2nd House). Business/entrepreneurial energy (Capricorn influence)

MC contacts these planets, within a 6-degree orb: angular Mercury (r. 8 & 11, in 6) in Taurus and angular Pluto (r. 1, in 12) in Scorpio

Public service-oriented communications (angular Mercury in 6) that seeks to transform groups (8th & 11th House influences) as a form of personal security (Taurus) and personal power (Pluto in Scorpio, 1st House influence). Possible work behind the scenes (12th House influence)

MC ruler Sun contacts these planets, within a 6-degree orb: Mars (r. 6, in 4) in Aquarius, Saturn (r. 3, in 3)(-Moon...r. 9, in 3) in Capricorn*

Confirmation of business/entrepreneurial influence (Capricorn influence), central role of communications in career (3rd-9th communications axis) and role as a public service advocate (Mars ruling 6th House, Aquarian influence) related to 4th House matters

Reigning emotional need, within a 6-degree orb: Moon(r. 9, in 3)(-Saturn...r. 3, in 3)(-Neptune...r. 5, in 2) in Capricorn contacts angular Mercury (r. 8 & 11, in 6) in Taurus, angular Pluto (r. 1, in 12) in Scorpio, and Ascendant in Scorpio

Needs to make things happen (Capricorn Moon) as an idealistic communicator (Moon-Neptune influence, 3rd-9th communications axis). Confirms public service-oriented communications (angular Mercury in 6) that seeks to transform groups (8th & 11th House influences) as a form of personal security (Taurus) and personal power (Pluto in Scorpio, 1st House influence). Confirms work behind the scenes (12th House influence)

Other

Ruler of 6th House is in 4th House = public service (6th House) likely involves real estate or family/heritage/nation themes (4th House matters)

Ruler of 4th House is in 2nd House = Real estate or family/heritage/nation themes (4th House matters) likely provides an income (2nd House matter)

Ruler of 2nd House is in the 8th House = Earns an income (2nd House matter) as a consultant of some sort that transforms people's lives (8th House matter)

Venus=Jupiter/Pluto midpoint; Mars=Jupiter/Pluto midpoint = high success is likely

Thank you so much, Zuri! I see you pointed out the likely entrepreneurial influences in my chart. I have a strong desire to eventually do my own thing, so to speak and my dad has always pushed me to be own boss. I can definitely see my Aries sun and Capricorn moon influence in this regard.

Mercury in 6th, like you said, shows that I might make a living based on communicating. Hopefully that's a good sign for my future law career. Thank you once again!

PD187540

Drawing from astrologer Noel Tyl's vocational profiling approach, here's what your chart suggests would be the most fulfilling career for you:

MC in Leo

Being a leader / standing out in career is likely. MC ruler is in 6th House = career involving public service is likely

Dispositor chain: MC ruler Sun (in 6) in Aries.Mars (r. 6, in 4) in Aquarius.Uranus (r. 4, in 2)(-Neptune...r. 5, in 2) in Capricorn.Saturn (r. 3, in 3)(-Moon...r. 9, in 3) in Capricorn*

The most fulfilling career involves being a leader (Sun in Aries) and advocate (Mars) in the public service arena (6th House & Aquarius influence). Communications is central to career (3rd-9th communications channel activated in chart). Career involving real estate &/or issues related to your family/heritage/nation (4th House influence). Unusual & creative method of earning an income (Uranus-Neptune conjunction in 2nd House). Business/entrepreneurial energy (Capricorn influence)

MC contacts these planets, within a 6-degree orb: angular Mercury (r. 8 & 11, in 6) in Taurus and angular Pluto (r. 1, in 12) in Scorpio

Public service-oriented communications (angular Mercury in 6) that seeks to transform groups (8th & 11th House influences) as a form of personal security (Taurus) and personal power (Pluto in Scorpio, 1st House influence). Possible work behind the scenes (12th House influence)

MC ruler Sun contacts these planets, within a 6-degree orb: Mars (r. 6, in 4) in Aquarius, Saturn (r. 3, in 3)(-Moon...r. 9, in 3) in Capricorn*

Confirmation of business/entrepreneurial influence (Capricorn influence), central role of communications in career (3rd-9th communications axis) and role as a public service advocate (Mars ruling 6th House, Aquarian influence) related to 4th House matters

Reigning emotional need, within a 6-degree orb: Moon(r. 9, in 3)(-Saturn...r. 3, in 3)(-Neptune...r. 5, in 2) in Capricorn contacts angular Mercury (r. 8 & 11, in 6) in Taurus, angular Pluto (r. 1, in 12) in Scorpio, and Ascendant in Scorpio

Needs to make things happen (Capricorn Moon) as an idealistic communicator (Moon-Neptune influence, 3rd-9th communications axis). Confirms public service-oriented communications (angular Mercury in 6) that seeks to transform groups (8th & 11th House influences) as a form of personal security (Taurus) and personal power (Pluto in Scorpio, 1st House influence). Confirms work behind the scenes (12th House influence)

Other

Ruler of 6th House is in 4th House = public service (6th House) likely involves real estate or family/heritage/nation themes (4th House matters)

Ruler of 4th House is in 2nd House = Real estate or family/heritage/nation themes (4th House matters) likely provides an income (2nd House matter)

Ruler of 2nd House is in the 8th House = Earns an income (2nd House matter) as a consultant of some sort that transforms people's lives (8th House matter)

Venus=Jupiter/Pluto midpoint; Mars=Jupiter/Pluto midpoint = high success is likely

Zuri, how did you come up with that interpretation? Is this in Tyl's book on Vocations? I'd love to know what my analysis would be for law. Supposedly, my relocated chart for San Francisco is excellent for a law career.

I guess I can see why:

Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sagittarius...both conjunct the ASC (in 11th house natally)
Sun Libra sextile Jupiter-Uranus Sag.
Sun in 10th House (9th house in equal house chart)
Mercury in Virgo in 10th house conjunct MC (9th house in eq. house chart)
North Node in 7th House Gemini (6th House natally)
Venus-Mars conjunct in 9th House (8th house natally)
Ruler of the 7th in the 9th
Ruler of 9 in 10 ("famous lawyer"?)

Numerology life path 9
ISTJ myers briggs
Queen of Swords tarot personal card (occupations include lawyer)

There seems to be a clear-cut connection to law here. I'm very excited to make this career change!

Attachments

• San Francisco.jpg
    San Francisco.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

PD187540

And speaking of law being traditionally ruled by Jupiter/Sagittarius with Libra/7th house as a secondary ruler, I think you also need a very strong Scorpio element present to succeed as a lawyer.

Scorpio would give you that cutthroat staying power necessary to crush the opposing counsel and survive any long, dragged out cases. I think having a powerful Scorpio placement is vital for this profession.

Today's legal system isn't only about what's "fair" or "just". My philosophy is never to turn the other cheek. It's an eye for an eye all the way. If someone has been wronged, you must seek to ensure that the inflicting party gets exactly what they deserve in return. Now, the key with this is not to seek retribution to the nth degree. Just make sure that they get fair punishment (anything more is delightful anyway) :lol:

With this mentality and fresh insight, I hope my newfound career brings me great success!

waybread

PD, is this your idea of a lawyer joke?

What is going on, that I am seeing so many posts about revenge lately?

The idea of revenge in the legal profession is just sick, in my opinion. American prisons are full of men who were unjustly incarcerated-- sometimes for decades, and only recently has DNA evidence released some of them. Many poor women get locked up because they are street-walkers, while their "clients" go free. Drug addiction is a huge reason why people end up in prison. Many offenders were abused children, yet their perpetrators were never charged or convicted; and these kids never got counseling or moral teaching.

Fix the society, and crime rates will fall.

Revenge is not going to make a more just society or bring back a murder victim.

surrealsuburb123

I agree with waybread. Even though there are a lot of different types of law to get into, I always thought a lawyer's sole purpose was to help people. Sometimes, I could imagine a lawyer getting themselves in a conflicting situation --the point of conflict being their morals-- if they find themselves in a situation where they have to defend a criminal or someone that is (by evidence) guilty, or even where they have to defend a company sued by a customer that has been hurt or unfairly treated, etc.

Justice does not necessarily imply revenge, nor does revenge bring justice.

Anyway, AprilAries, I wish you luck on your endeavors. :sideways:

PD187540

PD, is this your idea of a lawyer joke?

What is going on, that I am seeing so many posts about revenge lately?

The idea of revenge in the legal profession is just sick, in my opinion. American prisons are full of men who were unjustly incarcerated-- sometimes for decades, and only recently has DNA evidence released some of them. Many poor women get locked up because they are street-walkers, while their "clients" go free. Drug addiction is a huge reason why people end up in prison. Many offenders were abused children, yet their perpetrators were never charged or convicted; and these kids never got counseling or moral teaching.

Fix the society, and crime rates will fall.

Revenge is not going to make a more just society or bring back a murder victim.

No, it's not a joke. Only reality.

You see, there's a clear-cut difference between revenge and justice. Revenge is most often associated with blind emotion and seeking payback for the sake of payback (usually to a degree above and beyond what should be done). Justice, on the other hand, is fairness...in thought, word, and deed. What you put in is what you get out. That's a life maxim which everyone can agree on. If someone does not agree with that, then that person has something wrong with them.

Fixing society must be done at the roots. Unfortunately, judges and lawyers aren't in the capacity to tackle justice at that broad level. They usually deal with specific cases. So through each successful case (if justice has been adequately served), the officials are playing their part on an individual level. (Libra is all about the one-on-one, after all). Let the Aquarians fix society, while the Librans tackle the courts. A nice theory, but not readily apparent in today's society.

PD187540

I agree with waybread. Even though there are a lot of different types of law to get into, I always thought a lawyer's sole purpose was to help people. Sometimes, I could imagine a lawyer getting themselves in a conflicting situation --the point of conflict being their morals-- if they find themselves in a situation where they have to defend a criminal or someone that is (by evidence) guilty, or even where they have to defend a company sued by a customer that has been hurt or unfairly treated, etc.

Justice does not necessarily imply revenge, nor does revenge bring justice.

Anyway, AprilAries, I wish you luck on your endeavors. :sideways:

Of course law is about helping people...helping them get what's due to them. It's really simple. You used a good example about a lawyer defending a guilty criminal. First, once someone is proven by evidence to be guilty, that's pretty much it. Usually, the verdict is given at the end of the trial, right? I rest my case on that point. Also, it's pretty stupid to try to prove a criminal innocent when he is in fact guilty. I wouldn't even waste my time in such a case.

Now how about if a criminal confesses? If I had to defend a criminal that confessed to being guilty, then all I can do is make sure that that criminal doesn't get such a harsh sentence (or try to suggest stipulations, etc.). That's where plea bargaining comes in. I'm always in favor of having someone admit to the crime right away if he/she committed it. (That's less money the clients have to pay in the long run, thereby benefiting both parties from a financial perspective at least.)

Last edited:

PD187540

I can definitely see my Aries sun and Capricorn moon influence in this regard.

Funny, I have an Aries Moon with a Capricorn Ascendant. Libra Sun. All cardinal. The fact that my Aries Moon is in the 3rd House is picture-perfect for debating. I don't think there's a finer placement for that, really. Here comes the judge!

Krewster

Since criminal law is only a tiny fraction of what lawyers do (compared to business law), seems like you guys are off-topic.

Even in the business law area, there's lawyers considered successful because of smartness and some because of being good socializers/rainmakers. Best not to narrow down too much if guiding AprilAries is the goal here.

A.m. aspect-based comments all seem helpful (e.g., Merc oppo Pluto being prosecutor-inclined and the absence of Jup aspects), but overall I'm not seeing a Merc in the chart that has a high tolerance/interest in endless details to be stuffed into/dumped out of short-term memory.

Wondering if A.A. has enjoyed the chance to observe different types of lawyers in action and whether his family is in the real estate business or the real estate law business.

waybread

Ah, I suspected that this was a lawyer joke! Very dry, subtle humour, though.

PD, did you actually graduate from law school and pass your bar exam? You don't sound like it. For one thing, the purpose of defending an admittedly guilty client is to ensure that she is treated fairly.

No doubt your prospective law firm will find your views very entertaining. I am sure you noticed that they are into billable hours, not revenge. If an admittedly guilty client would bring a lot of income to your firm, I don't doubt that you would take the case.

But what kind of law do you do? Taxation? Real estate? Estate planning?

Last edited:

PD187540

Ah, I suspected that this was a lawyer joke! Very dry, subtle humour, though.

Thanks, I try haha

PD, did you actually graduate from law school and pass your bar exam? You don't sound like it. For one thing, the purpose of defending an admittedly guilty client is to ensure that she is treated fairly.

No...not yet at least. I'm in a career transition phase from health care to law. But yes, that would be the purpose, like I previously said.

No doubt your prospective law firm will find your views very entertaining. I am sure you noticed that they are into billable hours, not revenge. If an admittedly guilty client would bring a lot of income to your firm, I don't doubt that you would take the case.

I would have no problems with that. Each case is treated differently, I'm sure, and some clients are wealthier than others. Such is life. And of course firms are more into billable hours than revenge. Between the two, I favor billable hours over revenge any day. Like I said before, revenge should never be a lawyer's goal.

But what kind of law do you do? Taxation? Real estate? Estate planning?

I'm not a lawyer, but I appreciate you thinking that I am. I've heard that a lot before, too. It's about time I finally woke up and heeded the call. But I'm starting out small first...paralegal, then law school. That way I c,an get insider knowledge and experience that most lawyers don't have. Not all lawyers started out as paralegals, and that's quite unfortunate.

PD187540

A.m. aspect-based comments all seem helpful (e.g., Merc oppo Pluto being prosecutor-inclined and the absence of Jup aspects), but overall I'm not seeing a Merc in the chart that has a high tolerance/interest in endless details to be stuffed into/dumped out of short-term memory.

Curious...what type of Merc would be good for that purpose?